PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama shaking her head?

Insodus
09-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Anyone have any idea why Michelle Obama was shaking her head at the end of that speech?

Parkbandit
09-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Maybe she's just as tired of hearing the same, regurgitated stuff from 2 years ago too?

RichardCranium
09-08-2011, 08:12 PM
It's a black thing.

Beguiler
09-08-2011, 08:23 PM
my son said "mom, why is Chewbacca shaking her head, does she have a hairball?' At first I didn't iknow who he was talking about. He's so bad, college is teaching him strange things...

TheEschaton
09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Your son sounds like a racist.

crb
09-08-2011, 09:09 PM
a hilarious racist.

Latrinsorm
09-08-2011, 11:58 PM
my son said "mom, why is Chewbacca shaking her head, does she have a hairball?' At first I didn't iknow who he was talking about. He's so bad, college is teaching him strange things...I thought this was going to be a cute "little kids say the darnedest racist things". Then... then it wasn't.

RichardCranium
09-08-2011, 11:59 PM
I thought this was going to be a cute "little kids say the darnedest racist things". Then... then it wasn't.

If Bill Cosby had asked the question, it totally would.

NocturnalRob
09-09-2011, 12:10 AM
You sound like a non-white.

Beguiler
09-09-2011, 03:42 PM

Nope, just not a fan of Mrs. Obama and her coterie..

Keller
09-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Nope, just not a fan of Mrs. Obama and her coterie..

What is the connection between Michelle and Chewbacha?

CrystalTears
09-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Let the wookie win.

TheEschaton
09-09-2011, 04:24 PM

I dunno, equating the first black First Lady to a semi-intelligent ape-like animal with wild hair who only grunts and groans must have a non-racial explanation. Despite the fact that she's a Harvard educated lawyer.

-TheE-

Atlanteax
09-09-2011, 04:45 PM
"Lawyer" suffices, no?

TheEschaton
09-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Please, every lawyer on this board can run intellectual circles around you and your bad political cartoons.

4a6c1
09-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Stay classy PC!

Tgo01
09-09-2011, 05:10 PM
I dunno, equating the first black First Lady to a semi-intelligent ape-like animal with wild hair who only grunts and groans must have a non-racial explanation. Despite the fact that she's a Harvard educated lawyer.

Is making fun of the first black First Lady automatically racist? Maybe I'm just naive but I've never heard of Chewbacca being used as a racial slur against blacks.

Isn't the whole point of making fun of someone you dislike to be a little mean about it? I don't think it would have the same effect to say "Why is that well educated lady shaking her head?"

RichardCranium
09-09-2011, 05:25 PM

-TheE-

...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Atlanteax
09-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Please, every lawyer on this board can run intellectual circles around you and your bad political cartoons.

You're such a clown =)

http://cagle.com/working/110908/allie.jpg

Parkbandit
09-09-2011, 05:52 PM

:rofl:

Do you have to actually have a job as a lawyer to be considered a lawyer?

Latrinsorm
09-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Is making fun of the first black First Lady automatically racist? Maybe I'm just naive but I've never heard of Chewbacca being used as a racial slur against blacks.

Isn't the whole point of making fun of someone you dislike to be a little mean about it? I don't think it would have the same effect to say "Why is that well educated lady shaking her head?"Have you ever heard "monkey" used in that way? Is Chewbacca monkey-esque?

More importantly, what else could the connection be? That Michelle Obama is covered in hair? That she is reasonably adept at repairing starships? That she uses a weapon most humans cannot reload? That she is frequently nude?

Tgo01
09-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Have you ever heard "monkey" used in that way? Is Chewbacca monkey-esque?

I think you're reaching.

More importantly, what else could the connection be? That Michelle Obama is covered in hair? That she is reasonably adept at repairing starships? That she uses a weapon most humans cannot reload? That she is frequently nude?

Obviously because she pals around with smugglers.

BriarFox
09-09-2011, 06:33 PM
The Phrenological Legacy

Phrenological CraniometerOne of the many offshoots of phrenology was craniology, which advocated the use of precise quantitative measurements of cranial features in order to classify people according to race, criminal temperament, intelligence, etc. Craniology became influential during the Victorian era, and was used by the British to justify its racism, colonization and dominance of "inferior people", such as the Irish and the black tribes of Africa. Racial types were classified as to its prognathism (a relative anterior advancement of the jaw in relation to the mandible) or orthognathism. "Inferior" races were said to be prognathic, in similarity to apes and monkeys, so that they were considered to be more kin to these animals than the main European people (such as the Anglo-Saxon, of course...). Jonh Beddoe, the founder and president of the British Anthropological Institute, in his book "The Races of Man" (1862), developed an "Index of Nigressence", based on which he was able to state that the Irish had crania similar to those of the Cro-Magnon pre-historic men and thus were a kind of "Africanoid" white race !

http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n01/frenolog/frenmod.htm

Beguiler
09-09-2011, 07:29 PM

Honestly, I think her height, and she wore this one outfit that was all fuzzy and looked like fur, and my son's best friend said, 'man, doesn't she look like...' and they both said 'Chewbacca' and fell over laughing at their own wit... <rolls eyes> And no, I don't think they were going for monkey-esque, they had been doing a Star Wars marathon, and made the fuzzy tall 'chewbacca' connection. Geez

TheEschaton
09-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Weird, your son and his friend made the same Chewbacca joke people have been making for more than a year now.

Rinualdo
09-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Remember all those people who made fun of Laura Bush for being Chewbacca? Yea, me either.

Atlanteax
09-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Remember all those people who made fun of Laura Bush for being Chewbacca? Yea, me either.

People were overall positive about Laura Bush ... I don't think there was much antogonism towards her... at least not nearly as much as towards Michelle Obama.

TheEschaton
09-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Antagonism over what? That's she's a strong, independent woman, like Hillary, and totally unlike wallflower Laura Bush?

poloneus
09-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Yeah, fuck Michelle Obama. She wants kids to eat healthy foods! That bitch! Demonize her now!

Paradii
09-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Honestly, I think her height, and she wore this one outfit that was all fuzzy and looked like fur, and my son's best friend said, 'man, doesn't she look like...' and they both said 'Chewbacca' and fell over laughing at their own wit... <rolls eyes> And no, I don't think they were going for monkey-esque, they had been doing a Star Wars marathon, and made the fuzzy tall 'chewbacca' connection. Geez

You might want to come to grips with the reality that your son was a load that you should have swallowed.

sobrepasar
09-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Yeah, fuck Michelle Obama. She wants kids to eat healthy foods! That bitch! Demonize her now!

i lol'd

Gan
09-10-2011, 06:00 PM
I love it how vague labels sans intent are automatically considered racist without any further consideration.

RichardCranium
09-10-2011, 06:14 PM
You WOULD love that. Aren't you a Texan too? Man.

TheEschaton
09-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Vague labels which have been bandied about by the right wing blogosphere for a couple years in a way which suggests the First Lady is apelike...of course.

Latrinsorm
09-10-2011, 07:32 PM
I love it how vague labels sans intent are automatically considered racist without any further consideration.I for one gave it a great deal of consideration. Having eliminated other possibilities (Tgo01's assertion notwithstanding), what else can we rationally be left with?

Gan
09-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Rational being the key factor.

Tgo01
09-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I for one gave it a great deal of consideration. Having eliminated other possibilities (Tgo01's assertion notwithstanding), what else can we rationally be left with?

Maybe some people find her ugly?

Gan
09-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Vague labels which have been bandied about by the right wing blogosphere for a couple years in a way which suggests the First Lady is apelike...of course.

To which I'm sure we can reliably assume that the two teenage boys referred to in this discussion are constituents of the 'right wing blogosphere'.

Gan
09-10-2011, 10:08 PM
You WOULD love that. Aren't you a Texan too? Man.

Yes, which means that I have an automatic label as being 'racist'.

Its rationally logical.

Inorite?

Gan
09-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Maybe some people find her ugly?

Racist.

Sam
09-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Hi. I just realized Rinualdo's avatar is a lamp.

4a6c1
09-10-2011, 11:28 PM
And I love lamp.

Rinualdo
09-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Hi. I just realized Rinualdo's avatar is a lamp.

Is Not.

SHOWS WHAT YOU KNOW!

Parkbandit
09-11-2011, 12:10 AM

This must be racist too?

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/11/15e90dbe-46b6-4c3e-af03-247899ce2064.jpg

Or this?

http://randomoverload.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/2cc4874dbecca-black.jpg

Holy shit, so does this!!

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/60757e4a-5988-404c-b4ed-283b142a1108.jpg

Idiots like you, who claim it's racism at the drop of a hat, diminish the situation when legitimate racism actually occurs.

Rinualdo
09-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Idiots like you, who claim it's racism at the drop of a hat, diminish the situation when legitimate racism actually occurs.

How would you know its legitimate racism if you dismiss every possible scenario, as you so often do?

Atlanteax
09-11-2011, 12:38 AM
I did not mind it much when Michelle Obama was compared to Chewbacca ... but am seriously offended Anne Hathaway was... she is HOT!

Parkbandit
09-11-2011, 09:38 AM
How would you know its legitimate racism if you dismiss every possible scenario, as you so often do?

Every possible? Really?

Might want to get your hyperbole checked out... it's making you look more retarded than usual.

Parkbandit
09-11-2011, 09:40 AM
This just in...

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/b5b92720-03cb-4816-89e5-0319ed898839.jpg

I BET THIS BANANA WAS OVER RIPE AND THEREFORE CLEARLY RACIST!!!!!11111oneoneoene

EasternBrand
09-11-2011, 10:04 AM
This just in...

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/b5b92720-03cb-4816-89e5-0319ed898839.jpg

I BET THIS BANANA WAS OVER RIPE AND THEREFORE CLEARLY RACIST!!!!!11111oneoneoene

Special bananas like this are just differently abled.

Soulpieced
09-11-2011, 10:20 AM
http://www.gun-one.com/wookie-1.jpg

sobrepasar
09-11-2011, 10:51 AM
This must be racist too?

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/11/15e90dbe-46b6-4c3e-af03-247899ce2064.jpg

i lol'd hard

TheEschaton
09-11-2011, 01:15 PM
To which I'm sure we can reliably assume that the two teenage boys referred to in this discussion are constituents of the 'right wing blogosphere'.

These boys are in college, if you had read the post in question.

TheEschaton
09-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Also, a website which purposefully goes out of its way to see who celebs look like in their worst photos is different from blog articles about "Why does Michelle Obama look like Chewbacca?"

She's not an ugly woman...certainly no uglier than Laura Bush - so why weren't there Chewbacca references to Laura Bush?

Parkbandit
09-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Also, a website which purposefully goes out of its way to see who celebs look like in their worst photos is different from blog articles about "Why does Michelle Obama look like Chewbacca?"

She's not an ugly woman...certainly no uglier than Laura Bush - so why weren't there Chewbacca references to Laura Bush?

Do you consider any of the women I posted pics of to be ugly?

No one brought up any right wing blogs.. except you... in a very weak ass attempt to make it sound like it must be racism to compare Michelle Obama to Chewbacca.

Under your "rules", no one could ever make fun of a black person because if they do, it's racism.

Stop being retarded.

Latrinsorm
09-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Rational being the key factor.You know me. Still waiting, by the way.
Maybe some people find her ugly?How dare you imply Chewbacca is ugly.
This must be racist too?The First Lady does not have long brown hair, curly or otherwise. She has medium length black hair.

I was confused why you would engage in such a transparently silly defense of two kids you'd never met, but then I realized you were engaging in a transparently silly disagreement with Eschaton and it made more sense.

Parkbandit
09-11-2011, 03:05 PM
I was confused why you would engage in such a transparently silly defense of two kids you'd never met, but then I realized you were engaging in a transparently silly disagreement with Eschaton and it made more sense.

You being confused is clearly somewhere you are very accustomed to being... so it's not a surprise to anyone here.

So... I must know these kids to say that perhaps their comments were not racist.. but you don't have to know them to determine that they are racists.

Good to know.

TheE should thank you.. your posts in this thread make him sound less retarded on the stupid scale.

Keller
09-11-2011, 04:53 PM
People were overall positive about Laura Bush ... I don't think there was much antogonism towards her... at least not nearly as much as towards Michelle Obama.

Michelle Obama is such a fucking cunty bitch.

Can you believe she wants your kids to eat healthy.

DYKE BITCH CUNT FUCK!

Laura Bush, on the other hand, is a southern lady and deserves our due respect.

4a6c1
09-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Laura Bush, on the other hand, is a southern lady and deserves our due respect.

Most importantly, she knows her place. The rest of us could learn a thing or two from Laura Bush.

Gravebane525
09-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm not sure how this could be called racist... or how one could compare chewy to a monkey. saying chewy is a semi-intelligent creature that grunts and groans is pretty damn racist. wookie's are an intelligent race and those grunts and groans are a language. be alot like saying all those people in africa are semi-intelligent because they can't speak correctly.

when I read it I chuckled and thought you know she does look like chewy, and atleast for me it has nothing to do with her being black. I wouldn't say she's pretty but she's not ugly. she is kinda mannish. tall muscular and I don;t know if she has changed her hair cause I ain;t seen her in a while but for a bit she did have hair that puffed out down to her shoulders and looked alot like chewy's.

no idea how to post pictures or I'd do one of them side by sides.

Gan
09-11-2011, 10:10 PM
You know me. Still waiting, by the way...

We have been waiting on you to be rational for a very long time. Still waiting, by the way...

Gan
09-11-2011, 10:11 PM
These boys are in college, if you had read the post in question.

I never said they weren't.

And I did read the post in question.

Atlanteax
09-12-2011, 09:55 AM
So basically this thread all boils down to TheE choosing to spend his time chasing forum threads for any possible hint of racism to litigate away at ... versus chasing ambulances to litigate over possible injuries.

Beguiler
09-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Boy, you go out of your way looking for things that aren't there. The other boy involved, my son's best friend (as are many of his friends) is black. Is he racist for buying into what was, for them, a momentary joke, not a movement?

Believe me, they are totally colorblind in their quest to find something ridiculous about any 'celebrity'.

Atlanteax
09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
In before TheE blames your son's friend for making racism "A-okay".

Beguiler
09-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Racism is not limited to white-on-black.

Parkbandit
09-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Racism is not limited to white-on-black.

You are a racist if you believe that.

Racism is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS white vs. black (or brown).

Atlanteax
09-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Racism is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS white vs. black (or brown).

Alok wishes that more was handled to him on a silver platter on the basis of the color of his skin.

TheEschaton
09-12-2011, 03:42 PM
LOL, if you knew anything about anything, being Indian is not an advantage in any professional field. We crawl all over them.

And you don't have permission to use my real name, since I don't know yours.

Parkbandit
09-12-2011, 04:19 PM
LOL, if you knew anything about anything, being Indian is not an advantage in any professional field. We crawl all over them.

Bullshit. What about 7-Elevens and Dunkin Donuts?

http://images7.cpcache.com/product/tv-television-ted/338635957v6_225x225_Front.jpg

Your permission isn't required.

http://images7.cpcache.com/product/tv-television-ted/338635957v6_225x225_Front.jpghttp://images7.cpcache.com/product/tv-television-ted/338635957v6_225x225_Front.jpg

Gan
09-12-2011, 04:33 PM
LOL

Atlanteax
09-12-2011, 10:22 PM

Sorry Bro, this is not Cheers...

EasternBrand
09-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Boy, you go out of your way looking for things that aren't there.

Who you callin' BOY, lady?!

Beguiler
09-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Who you callin' BOY, lady?!

lol'd! Sorry, that's my exasperated mom sentence starter when my son is in my face. It's 'Girl, ' when it's my daughter driving me nutso. Just be glad I don't use 'Boy, Howdy!'

AnticorRifling
09-13-2011, 01:27 PM
http://images7.cpcache.com/product/tv-television-ted/338635957v6_225x225_Front.jpg

Best jpg posted in a long time.