PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson Jr. Says..

Firestorm Killa
03-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Jesse Jackson Jr.'s answer to unemployment crisis is to change the Constitution so that every ghetto kid gets an iPod and a Laptop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhdPrA0b1UM&feature=player_embedded

Keller
03-07-2011, 05:02 PM
At first I thought your reading comprehension sucked because you couldn't read.

But this was a video.

Can you not hear?

Firestorm Killa
03-07-2011, 05:14 PM
At first I thought your reading comprehension sucked because you couldn't read.

But this was a video.

Can you not hear?

Yes I can but obviously you didn't even watch the video. It even has Captions for people that are deaf. Can't help you tho if you're like Helen Keller..

Tgo01
03-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Granted I only watched it once but I thought he said to change the constitution so every child has an ipod and a laptop, y'know to help them with school. Not 'give every ghetto kid a free ipod and laptop for the hell of it!'

Also his whole argument is about helping to reduce unemployment. Granted his ideas are not based anywhere in reality but they do sound like noble ideas.

NocturnalRob
03-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Why do children need iPods to augment learning?

Tgo01
03-07-2011, 05:21 PM

Give them something to drown out the teacher while they are not learning at school.

Parkbandit
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Granted I only watched it once but I thought he said to change the constitution so every child has an ipod and a laptop, y'know to help them with school. Not 'give every ghetto kid a free ipod and laptop for the hell of it!'

Also his whole argument is about helping to reduce unemployment. Granted his ideas are not based anywhere in reality but they do sound like noble ideas.

Someone should just ask Jr. who's going to pay for all that stuff he wants to make a "right".

Latrinsorm
03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I think someone should ask him how inconceivable it is that his father turned out to be egotistical enough to make his son have the same name.

WRoss
03-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Pres Calderon will use the unemployment in Mexico to make cheap iPads to give to us in return for us finally allowing Mexican trucks to transport goods across the border.

NocturnalRob
03-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Someone should just ask Jr. who's going to pay for all that stuff he wants to make a "right".
He figures we'd just dip into that 40 Acres and a Mule fund.

Miscast
03-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Give the Jacksons a handful of horseshit, and they will make a race issue out of it

Keller
03-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Yes I can but obviously you didn't even watch the video. It even has Captions for people that are deaf. Can't help you tho if you're like Helen Keller..

"He said we need to add to the Constitution of the US the right to a decent education for every student."

JJ Jr. is reciting a list of someone else's suggestions. Granted, he likely agrees, but that is not something you mentioned and I take it you did so intentionally hoping people would take it out of context.

JJ Jr. said that we should change the Constitution to provide for a decent education. Not so that every ghetto student will get an iPod and a laptop.

JJ Jr. then asked how many people would be employed building laptops and iPods for every student. There are a couple of nuances here I'm sure your ape brain missed. First, he said every student and not just ghetto students, so your statement is patently false either because you intended to mislead us or because you're really that stupid (For the record, I believe the former but would not be surprised by the latter). Second, he is listing potential side effects of his constitutional amendment to make a decent education a right - not that the constitution should provide those learning aids. Third, you'd have to have your head deep in the sand to not admit that learning aids like laptops and iPods (or just an iPad to combine them) will become (has become?) commonplace in our educational system.

Keller
03-08-2011, 09:19 AM

If we're talking primary school, I think it's usefulness if limited to high school age kids.

http://cit.duke.edu/pdf/reports/ipod_initiative_04_05.pdf