PDA

View Full Version : Two More Palin Successes

ClydeR
11-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Only someone truly blessed could accomplish all the things Palin has accomplished in the last two years. I've got two more successes to add to her list.

First (http://blog.oup.com/2010/11/refudiate-2/), the word she invented, "refudiate," has been named Word of the Year by the Oxford American Dictionary and is now officially a word.

Second (http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler/2010/11/17/dwts-does-the-tea-party-really-have-a-operation-bristol-for-season-11/), Operation Bristol is a continuing success. And it has nothing to do with Bristol's dancing skills. It's all about Sarah Palin and her Tea Party.

ClydeR
11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
And now this..

MADISON, Wis. -- Authorities say a 67-year-old rural Wisconsin man enraged over Bristol Palin's "Dancing With the Stars" routine blasted his television with a shotgun, leading to an overnight standoff with a SWAT team.

A Dane County Sheriff's detective says in court documents that Steven Cowan, of the town of Vermont, felt Palin was not a good dancer and was only on the show because of her famous mother.

They say Cowan loaded his shotgun and blasted the TV before turning the gun on his wife, who escaped.

More... (http://www.adn.com/2010/11/17/1558937/wisconsin-man-shoots-tv-over-bristol.html)

Is that enough reason to shoot your wife?

4a6c1
11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
:rofl:

NocturnalRob
11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Is that enough reason to shoot your wife?
No, but definitely enough reason to shoot the shit out of my TV.

Methais
11-17-2010, 04:22 PM
A Dane County Sheriff's detective says in court documents that Steven Cowan, of the town of Vermont, felt Palin was not a good dancer and was only on the show because of her famous mother.

Aren't all the "stars" on that show supposed to not exactly be good dancers anyway, at least at the start of the season? I figured that's why they were paired up with real professional dancers.

Lord Orbstar
11-17-2010, 05:04 PM
thank you Mini-Stephen Colbert-ish

Nilandia
11-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Aren't all the "stars" on that show supposed to not exactly be good dancers anyway, at least at the start of the season? I figured that's why they were paired up with real professional dancers.
That is the idea, but Bristol has been scored at or near the bottom for the past six weeks, only having been saved from elimination through the public voting. Brandy, who was just eliminated last night, was always at or near the top. One of her routines this week scored a perfect 30, and it was also chosen as the encore dance last night. One of the judges outright said that she expected to see Brandy in the finals.

Jennifer Grey's professional dance partner stared slack-jawed at the announcement of Brandy being eliminated, barely able to clap. The past three weeks had similar when dancers that the judges said had a shot at the finals toppled one by one while Bristol, trailing far behind in the judges' scores, got saved time and again.

There have also been allegations of vote stuffing by Bristol's supporters (http://jezebel.com/5691445/how-palin-conservatives-are-cheating-the-dwts-voting-system?skyline=true&s=i), courtesy of a link from Clyde R's original post. I've seen some people allege 900 votes for Bristol, and many of the people justifying voting for her have equated it to a vote for the tea party.

So much for it being a dance show.

Gretchen

Archigeek
11-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Although Palin is likely to be forever branded with the coinage of “refudiate,” she is by no means the first person to speak or write it—just as Warren G. Harding was not the first to use the word normalcy when he ran his 1920 presidential campaign under the slogan “A return to normalcy.” But Harding was a political celebrity, as Palin is now, and his critics spared no ridicule for his supposedly ignorant mangling of the correct word “normality.”

From the Clyde's own link.

Parkbandit
11-17-2010, 07:27 PM
That is the idea, but Bristol has been scored at or near the bottom for the past six weeks, only having been saved from elimination through the public voting. Brandy, who was just eliminated last night, was always at or near the top. One of her routines this week scored a perfect 30, and it was also chosen as the encore dance last night. One of the judges outright said that she expected to see Brandy in the finals.

Jennifer Grey's professional dance partner stared slack-jawed at the announcement of Brandy being eliminated, barely able to clap. The past three weeks had similar when dancers that the judges said had a shot at the finals toppled one by one while Bristol, trailing far behind in the judges' scores, got saved time and again.

There have also been allegations of vote stuffing by Bristol's supporters (http://jezebel.com/5691445/how-palin-conservatives-are-cheating-the-dwts-voting-system?skyline=true&s=i), courtesy of a link from Clyde R's original post. I've seen some people allege 900 votes for Bristol, and many of the people justifying voting for her have equated it to a vote for the tea party.

So much for it being a dance show.

Gretchen

I think it's hilarious that people are getting so upset about this. I mean heck, it's just a dance show.

Firestorm Killa
11-17-2010, 07:45 PM
I think it's hilarious that people are getting so upset about this. I mean heck, it's just a dance show.

Yep. It's the same way with all those reality shows too. Whoever came up with the idea of reality shows should be shot in the nuts(or ovaries). With the popularity of them tho, it does show you how fucking dumb alot of Americans are. I cringe every time someone tries to start up a conversation about American Idol, Jersey Shore, or Jackass.