PDA

View Full Version : An American Holiday

ClydeR
10-10-2010, 06:34 PM
I want to take a moment to wish you all a happy Columbus Day tomorrow. It is one of our greatest holidays, when we celebrate the anniversary of when the first Americans brought civilization to this continent.

Unfortunately, it has become an issue of political correctness lately. I reject political correctness. Any criticism of our nation's history is unpatriotic.

I will be watching to see what Obama says about it.

Ardwen
10-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Of course Columbus wasnt american, and civilization was already on the continent, but hey what else is new Clyde is an idiot.

4a6c1
10-10-2010, 09:59 PM
My bank is closed tomorrow....My work is open....Daycare is closed tomorrow.... Divorce court is open. For these various inconsistencies I am angry at Columbus and I want him to go away forever.

Jarvan
10-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Columbus Day : Proof that if you fail badly enough at something, people will remember.

ClydeR
10-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Of course Columbus wasnt american, and civilization was already on the continent, but hey what else is new Clyde is an idiot.

There may have been some form of civilization on this continent at one time, but it had largely disappeared by the time the first Americans arrived. The best evidence we have today is a bunch of earthen mounds. If you go to Collinsville, Illinois, which is just across the river from St. Louis, you will be at the heart of what was once the pinnacle of pre-Columbian development in North America. There were probably more than 20,000 people living in a city at that location, but by the time Louis and Clark got there, all that remained of this civilization, if that's what you want to call it, were several huge earthen mounds. People still visit that area today to see those remains when they want to be reminded about how much more durable our civilization is than all those that went before it. Nobody alive today knows anything about the people who built those mounds over a large area of this country. We don't know what they believed or why they spent so much of their lives hauling baskets of dirt.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-11-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm a native American.

Stretch
10-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Me too.

ClydeR
10-11-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm a native American.

Me too.

Then happy Columbus Day!

Doesn't it bother you that today nobody knows the name of any of the pre-Columbian cities in North America, or what their inhabitants were like, or why they constructed mounds across this continent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippian_culture), or what caused the abrupt collapse of their culture? Most people today don't even know there ever were cities.

Tisket
10-11-2010, 02:05 PM
I'll start respecting Iorake's right to an opinion on shit when he starts respecting Kranar.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
lol

actually Anticor is the one banning me

the reason is I put a "quote" of him saying something in my sig

and actually i wasn't really trolling that much when i got banned, it the 3 month span about 2 months ago where it was bad.. and Kranar was nowhere in sight at that time..

so.. yeah.. who really gives a fuck anyway??

I can get a new IP address within 3 seconds so it's not like i can't just endlessly re-register. in fact it's more appealing since no one can ignore me. my suggestion? re-activate IorakeWarhammer as I have no real desire to continue trolling anyway. otherwise go for the subnet ban, but yeah, good luck with that :)

if TOS was followed on these boards 1/2 of the people would have already been banned.

but back to the topic, the link i put on page 1 is actually a fairly intriguing read.

I say keep banning him, cause really it's fun to watch you create new handles all day long :) I hardly ever read your posts anyway, since it's nothing but trolling. I doubt anyone does, to be honest.

Ardwen
10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Level of civilization is irrelevant Clyde, Native Americans had been quite successfuly living on this continent for thousands of years before Europeans arrived, decided they were better then the locals and all but wiped them out when they discovered the vast wealth available here.

Keller
10-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Level of civilization is irrelevant Clyde, Native Americans had been quite successfuly living on this continent for thousands of years before Europeans arrived, decided they were better then the locals and all but wiped them out when they discovered the vast wealth available here.

And the ancestors of those people now have 3D fucking television.

Where is the gratitude?

Stretch
10-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Probably buried with their defiled women and children.

Keller
10-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Probably buried with their defiled women and children.

I'm sure, if given a chance, they would have willingly given us their women and children for 3-D television.

3-D television is far superior to beads.

Rocktar
10-11-2010, 09:18 PM
3D tv sucks and makes people throw up or have seizures. Besides, WTF!?!?! over $100 bucks per pair of glasses and most tvs don't even include them?

Back
10-11-2010, 09:24 PM
This thread reminds me of a passage from American Gods by Niel Gaiman which I am still reading.

PS. I am 1/32 Cherokee. Fuck you.

Kranar
10-12-2010, 10:10 PM
I say keep banning him, cause really it's fun to watch you create new handles all day long :) I hardly ever read your posts anyway, since it's nothing but trolling.

It literally only requires me to right click his name and select the option to ban and delete all his posts. The best thing to do is not reply to any of his posts and just pretend he doesn't exist. We've had some really persistent people in the past try to circumvent a ban, but they all end up getting tired of it.

For him to create an account involves about 1-2 minutes of work. Not much no but still, those minutes can add up. For me to ban and delete all his posts is literally two mouse clicks. The only thing worse than spending those two minutes creating an account, is going through all that work and nobody even noticing it, quoting it, replying to it, doing anything to it. Just feeling like a ghost.