PDA

View Full Version : Eliminate the Minimum Wage

ClydeR
10-05-2010, 10:52 AM
As of Monday, 4 Republicans running for the Senate in Alaska, Connecticut, West Virginia and Washington have made controversial statements opposing the minimum wage.

More... (http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/10/dems_pounce_on.php)

I agree with the Republicans that we should eliminate, or at least reduce, the minimum wage.

You'll notice that it's the wealthy -- ie productive -- Republicans who oppose the minimum wage. They're the ones who understand what it takes to create jobs.

If the minimum wage is high, then employers can't afford to employ people and Big Macs cost a lot and people buy fewer Big Macs. But if we get rid of the minimum wage, we'll be able to afford to buy more Big Macs, which will improve the economy, which will reduce the unemployment rate.

CrystalTears
10-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Please don't listen to the crackhead in CT who wants to lower minimum wage. Holy shit. Bring back slavery while you're at it.

Fallen
10-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Please don't listen to the crackhead in CT who wants to lower minimum wage. Holy shit. Bring back slavery while you're at it.

All they need to do is let the workers sleep in the store and feed them the day's leftovers. Boom. Problem solved.

Back
10-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Lets just grind up the poor and make fuel out of them.

NocturnalRob
10-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Might as well. Then the South could contribute more to the economy than just illiteracy, tooth decay, and obesity.

Warriorbird
10-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Our obesity is valuable.

Drew
10-05-2010, 11:58 AM
If we were a more socially conscious nation we'd lower the minimum wage or eliminate it, but as it is we really don't give a shit about the least skilled and least intelligent of our citizens.

AnticorRifling
10-05-2010, 11:58 AM
I would prefer we raise the min wage and only pay it to people that can speak English in a drive thru.

Jhynnifer
10-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Yes... let's drop the pay of people who are barely making ends meet as is, fuck lowering minimum wage. I haven't made minimum wage since High School and even then with family supporting me I was barely able to handle paying for gas and insurance.

You want to do something good for the country? Start by changing Welfare. Set a time limit to how long a family can be on welfare and add a "lockout" period that would keep them from re-applying for it. That will force people milking the system, and having more children just to continue raping the government, into actually making a plan to pull themselves out of the situation they are in and do better. Or to fuck off and die in a gutter. Sounds win-win to me.

The welfare system was never meant to be a permanent crutch to the lazy and uneducated. It was meant to be a leg-up, a way of helping people up onto their feet. Now its a fucking money-sink.

AnticorRifling
10-05-2010, 12:00 PM
If we were a more socially conscious nation we'd lower the minimum wage or eliminate it, but as it is we really don't give a shit about the least skilled and least intelligent of our citizens.

Wouldn't work. Companies would then pay about 1.50-3 dollars an hour which illegals would snatch up but the poor people from our own country couldn't afford to live on that given crazy things like taxes and what not.

Warriorbird
10-05-2010, 12:00 PM

Right. Because making more people starve will totally help the economy. Another great suggestion is helping the poor abused rich people or doing nothing.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009/09/things-are-tough-all-over-luxury-cars.html