PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Assaults Student on Washington Sidewalk

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 11:46 AM
http://www.breitbart.tv/congressman-assaults-student-on-washington-sidewalk/

The college kid was stupid... once that congressman laid a hand upon him in that hostile fashion, it was a free card to knock his ass out... in self defense.

g++
06-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Until the cops show up confiscate your video camera charge you with first degree assault and throw the tape away.

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Until the cops show up confiscate your video camera charge you with first degree assault and throw the tape away.

The only assault would be by this Congressman, since he initiated the physical contact. The college kid has a right to defend himself, and once he started grabbing his neck, he could easily believe that he was in danger.

g++
06-14-2010, 12:03 PM
The only assault would be by this Congressman, since he initiated the physical contact. The college kid has a right to defend himself, and once he started grabbing his neck, he could easily believe that he was in danger.

I was implying the cops would be preferential to the senator. I think the kid was being pretty smart not punching a senator personally. He got his little video to make him a minor celeb on protest warriors vbulletin and he didnt have to go to dc jail for any amount of time. Win/Win imo.

Tisket
06-14-2010, 12:06 PM
I find it more telling that the congressman was obviously drunk during the day.

Well, at least he wasn't driving.

Back
06-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Hahaha what a limp-wristed lilly-white republican pussy!

AnticorRifling
06-14-2010, 12:25 PM
You're just saying that because you can hold your booze better during the day right?

Tisket
06-14-2010, 12:38 PM
You're just saying that because you can hold your booze better during the day right?

I can't hold my booze at ALL. Forget walking a straight line like that guy did at the start of the clip.

Back
06-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Just echoing PB’s sentiment. That sport jacket wearing pansy should have knocked that old fucker out.

g++
06-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Just echoing PB’s sentiment.

Screen shotted.

TheEschaton
06-14-2010, 01:16 PM
yeah, my first impression is that the congressman was drunk.

My second was that he's paranoid, asking people who they are constantly.

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 01:21 PM
I was implying the cops would be preferential to the senator. I think the kid was being pretty smart not punching a senator personally. He got his little video to make him a minor celeb on protest warriors vbulletin and he didnt have to go to dc jail for any amount of time. Win/Win imo.

Pretty unlikely, given the video evidence.

It was a free ass kicking card this kid should regret not redeeming for the rest of his life.

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 01:21 PM

The Congressman was a Democrat actually.

Ryvicke
06-14-2010, 01:26 PM

I was surprised you didn't put that in your thread title. Why not??

I'm pretty sure the kid looks a lot better having not beaten the shit out of the dude.

Celephais
06-14-2010, 01:27 PM
yeah, my first impression is that the congressman was drunk.

My second was that he's paranoid, asking people who they are constantly.

My third impression was that he grabbed the students arm.

My fourth impression was that the camera had a bad view of the action.

My fifth impression was that there was another cameraman getting a video of the congressman holding the kid.

My sixth impression was that the kids like to say the word "Sir".

Back
06-14-2010, 01:28 PM

I know! Thats what makes this even more sad. That little fag is going to get laughed at for posting this video.

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 01:46 PM
I was surprised you didn't put that in your thread title. Why not??

The title was from the website the video was posted on. I didn't create the video, nor the title of this thread. Besides, I don't think him being a Democrat had anything to do with his piss poor behavior. I would have posted the story if it were a Republican that did it.

I'm pretty sure the kid looks a lot better having not beaten the shit out of the dude.

Perhaps... but then again, I never cared about how I looked. If someone grabs me by the neck like he did, it better be my father... he was the only one that could get away with that.

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 01:47 PM
I know! Thats what makes this even more sad. That little fag is going to get laughed at for posting this video.

Which one was the homosexual in the video? I also find it amusing that you would call someone a "fag" in that manner.. given your latest fashion "sense"...

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-14-2010, 02:17 PM
The title was from the website the video was posted on. I didn't create the video, nor the title of this thread. Besides, I don't think him being a Democrat had anything to do with his piss poor behavior. I would have posted the story if it were a Republican that did it.

Anyone that grabs someone, then grabs their neck like that, of any standing, is piss poor behavior. Celebrities get in trouble for doing it, and so should the common man.

Perhaps... but then again, I never cared about how I looked. If someone grabs me by the neck like he did, it better be my father... he was the only one that could get away with that.

Yeah, I'm surprised the guy didn't deck him. My guess is he was super shocked and didn't know what to do when accosted like that.

Keller
06-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Pretty unlikely, given the video evidence.

It was a free ass kicking card this kid should regret not redeeming for the rest of his life.

You have seriously got the worst reading comprehension of anyone on this forum.

Gan
06-14-2010, 02:47 PM
I love the inherent belief that cops would be corrupt in a case like this, quite amusing.

That being said, the kid left no room for misinterpretation by choosing not to defend himself. No room for edited videos, no room for nothing but payday.

g++
06-14-2010, 02:49 PM
I love the inherent belief that cops would be corrupt in a case like this, quite amusing.

Its not a belief but its not worth the risk in my opinion. Even if its only a 1% chance the cops chuck the tape and throw you in jail for punching a senator.....thats still a 1% chance you are fucked for life.

Tisket
06-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Its not a belief but its not worth the risk in my opinion. Even if its only a 1% chance the cops chuck the tape and throw you in jail for punching a senator.....thats still a 1% chance you are fucked for life.

No matter how the cops dealt with it, even if the kid got charged with assault, it's hardly going to result in a "fucked for life" ending.

g++
06-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Well maybe your more resilient than me but I am pretty sure if I had a felony on my record I would be completely fucked.

Tisket
06-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Isn't unarmed assault typically charged as a misdemeanor?

g++
06-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Usually, Im going to go ahead and guess punching a senator around the capitol has some crazy law attached. Since they are the dudes that make the laws and prolly dont like getting hit in the face everytime they raise taxes but yah maybe you get off with a misdemeanor. Im still taking the "dont punch a senator and find out" route myself.

Tisket
06-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Fair enough.

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 03:11 PM
You have seriously got the worst reading comprehension of anyone on this forum.

Sorry, I was dealing with reality.. something you clearly have difficulty in.

I don't buy into the pretense that all cops would confiscate 2 camera phones and delete the video. I also understand technology, and that you can upload a video or email it to a friend in seconds. Or wait, do you somehow believe the crooked cops will have jamming devices to prevent that too?

You will excuse me if I just laugh at your fail-troll attempt.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k143/radlein/NoFunny-Fail1.jpg

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 03:17 PM

1) There are no "tapes" in camera phones. Nothing to chuck.. and let's just say there was a crooked cop there.. you don't think the other kid would be "taping" his friend's beatdown?

2) Punching a Senator is the same as punching a garbage man.. it's not a felony, especially under the circumstances evidenced on the "tape".

3) If a felony "fucks you for life", your life wouldn't have amounted to much in the first place.

4) I'll take my 99% odds and feel good about myself, rather than letting some fucking dipshit think that he can do whatever he wants to me without repercussions. I don't care if he is a Senator or not.. a man is a man and I'm 100% certain I could kick his ass.

g++
06-14-2010, 03:26 PM
1) There are no "tapes" in camera phones. Nothing to chuck.. and let's just say there was a crooked cop there.. you don't think the other kid would be "taping" his friend's beatdown?

Dude you dont know how it would pan out is all im saying.

2) Punching a Senator is the same as punching a garbage man.. it's not a felony, especially under the circumstances evidenced on the "tape".

I said "Guess" and I still guess there is some law to protect public servants in DC from simple assault. I do not know enough about the law to prove myself correct or incorrect if you say there isnt Ill take your word for it.

3) If a felony "fucks you for life", your life wouldn't have amounted to much in the first place.

Well PB we all didnt grow up in 1950 when lives were made on hand shakes. I have to pass background checks and piss into cups to get my checks and get my degrees from gigantic institutions that might not want to review my applications any farther after the criminal assault charge pops. It would seriously hurt most people between 20-30 to have a violent crime on their record. I intend to get a security clearance in the near future and most people in DC-MD area who want to go places in government need to. Seeing as this kid is standing in DC in a wind breaker with a video camera im guessing hes in a similiar boat.

4) I'll take my 99% odds and feel good about myself, rather than letting some fucking dipshit think that he can do whatever he wants to me without repercussions. I don't care if he is a Senator or not.. a man is a man and I'm 100% certain I could kick his ass.

See this is where we disagree I think he is going to feel the repercussions because the kid did not hit him. If that tape showed a fist fight or anything other than the guy clearly bullying the kid we would be talking about who started it and if they both should be charged and what happened out of frame instead of discussing the relatively unnews worthy point of whether the kid no one even knows should have defended himself.

Methais
06-14-2010, 04:12 PM

I'd just like to say thank you for changing your Drunken-Ben-Stein-with-a-Christmas-stocking-hanging-from-his-neck avatar.

Tsa`ah
06-14-2010, 04:51 PM
That being said, the kid left no room for misinterpretation by choosing not to defend himself. No room for edited videos, no room for nothing but payday.

You have no evidence this (the bolded) is true.

Latrinsorm
06-14-2010, 05:10 PM
2) Punching a Senator is the same as punching a garbage man.. it's not a felony, especially under the circumstances evidenced on the "tape".The United States disagrees with your assessment: U.S. Code Title 18 Part 1 Chapter 18 Section 351 (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00000351----000-.html) Break a Senator's nose, go to jail for 10 years. Break a garbage man's nose, the federal government doesn't care.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-14-2010, 05:58 PM
I wonder how much time Latrine spends a day looking up obscure things to troll about.

Latrinsorm
06-14-2010, 06:33 PM
In the same way that I use a combustion engine so I don't have to spend time getting places, I use a search engine so I don't have to spend time looking things up. Behold, I am become Cyborg! LII, my prosthetic!

TheEschaton
06-14-2010, 06:45 PM
If getting a felony doesn't somehow fuck up your life, it's probably because you have no life already, not vice versa, PB.

And since when does "being a man" involve decking a drunk in broad daylight? The strong picking on the weak is never a thing of pride, whether the strong in this case is the Congressman or the kid.

TheEschaton
06-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Oh, and Latrin, it's only a year for assaulting a Congressman, but 10 years if done with a deadly weapon.

Kranar
06-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh, and Latrin, it's only a year for assaulting a Congressman, but 10 years if done with a deadly weapon.

Well specifically it states that the use of a dangerous weapon or inflicting personal injury are treated equally, ie. maximum of 10 years.

But anyhow the point stands that the assault of a Congressman is treated differently than assault of a garbageman. I certainly would not want to have a record of assaulting a Congressman. I think the actions of this Congressman are despicable and undignified that the student reacted in a very civilized manner.

RichardCranium
06-14-2010, 06:55 PM
If getting a felony doesn't somehow fuck up your life, it's probably because you have no life already, not vice versa, PB.

Unless the terms of your probation state that you can have the charge expunged when the terms of said probation are satisfied. So I've heard.

Keller
06-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Sorry, I was dealing with reality.. something you clearly have difficulty in.

I don't buy into the pretense that all cops would confiscate 2 camera phones and delete the video. I also understand technology, and that you can upload a video or email it to a friend in seconds. Or wait, do you somehow believe the crooked cops will have jamming devices to prevent that too?

You will excuse me if I just laugh at your fail-troll attempt.

Again, reading comprehension eludes you.

I was not arguing that g++'s position had any merit, but that you failed, twice, at comprehending what he was even saying.

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 08:06 PM

Besides the time spent in jail and the costs of court, my life wouldn't change one iota if I had a felony on my record. Heck, I could just go on a speaking tour for the Tea Party movement and make buttloads of cash describing how I decked a dumbass Democrat.

And since when does "being a man" involve decking a drunk in broad daylight? The strong picking on the weak is never a thing of pride, whether the strong in this case is the Congressman or the kid.

I didn't see any reports that he was drunk.. he looked like your typical stupid liberal on the tape: That they are above the law and they look down on the people they are supposed to represent. Do you have some source regarding his intoxication or is this just another assumption that isn't based upon reality?

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Again, reading comprehension eludes you.

I was not arguing that g++'s position had any merit, but that you failed, twice, at comprehending what he was even saying.

http://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpg

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 08:21 PM
The United States disagrees with your assessment: U.S. Code Title 18 Part 1 Chapter 18 Section 351 (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00000351----000-.html) Break a Senator's nose, go to jail for 10 years. Break a garbage man's nose, the federal government doesn't care.

Did you even bother reading the link?

Do you even know how the legal system works in the United States?

Latrinsorm
06-14-2010, 08:44 PM
What peculiar things to say. Please, elaborate on how the legal system works, and how the behavior you describe does not constitute the felony described in the cited section.

Parkbandit
06-14-2010, 09:13 PM
What peculiar things to say. Please, elaborate on how the legal system works, and how the behavior you describe does not constitute the felony described in the cited section.

You contend that your link states, and I quote: "Break a Senator's nose, go to jail for 10 years."

If you honestly read it and still came to this conclusion, then I'm not sure any amount of elaboration will help you understand. If you break a Senator's nose, there could be a number of different outcomes to such an incident.. one of which could be that you would be incarcerated for 10 years.. but that's not an automatic penalty. One could go free, one could be fined, one could be incarcerated for a time period determined by a judge and jury, etc...

EasternBrand
06-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Judicial discretion plays a part in every single case brought to a final judgment, but that doesn't mean you can't draw distinctions between statutes, and consequently distinguish between protections afforded different classes of people. The federal statute criminalizing an assault on a Member of Congress calls for a maximum 10 year incarceration. The generally applicable assault statute in D.C. has a 3 year maximum incarceration penalty, but a similar assault on a police officer nets a 10 year maximum.

Two people in D.C. -- one assaulting a regular person on the street and one assaulting a senator, or a cop -- could conceivably get the same exact sentence. But that's not relevant when you're discussing the theoretical quality of protection, which seems to be the point of contention here (i.e., is it theoretically worse for you to punch Rep. Dingleberry, or to punch a garbageman?). The possible penalties are more than tripled. The reason that there are separate statutes in D.C., with exaggerated maximum penalties in one, is because the legislators who enacted them believed that certain people, ex officio, deserve a heightened level of legal protection. It seems fairly self-evident that federal legislators felt the same way about protecting their own persons. I don't see how anyone can read these statutes and come to any conclusion other than "if I had to choose between punching a garbageman and punching Rep. Dingleberry, I would punch the garbageman."

Unless you really are trying to get a book deal out of it, but you'd probably have to wait until you were out of jail to make any money off of it.

Keller
06-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Frustration Level, JPEG

When you are clearly wrong, but can't just stop posting: Frustration Level, JPEG.

RichardCranium
06-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Jon Stewart just killed it on The Daily Show and it wasn't about this cat. Check hulu tomorrow.

Gan
06-15-2010, 01:08 AM
You have no evidence this (the bolded) is true.

:facepalm:

Rocktar
06-15-2010, 01:44 AM

It IS DC after all.

Tsa`ah
06-15-2010, 04:20 AM
:facepalm:

Ya, I face palmed after reading your post as well.

Too much assumption in a single post is never a good thing. That whole O'Keefe thing didn't work out too well in the end.

Parkbandit
06-15-2010, 08:24 AM
When you are clearly wrong, but can't just stop posting: Frustration Level, JPEG.

Dude, seriously... I liked it better when you forgot about stalking me and went onto Rocktar. You should go back to that again.

Shocking... another thread where ALL of your posts are all directed towards gaining my attention and not at all with the subject at hand.

I've raised the Keller Stalking Alert to level RED. As such, I am currently wearing chest waders to protect my legs.

Find a new hobby, kid.

Keller
06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Dude, seriously... I liked it better when you forgot about stalking me and went onto Rocktar. You should go back to that again.

Shocking... another thread where ALL of your posts are all directed towards gaining my attention and not at all with the subject at hand.

I've raised the Keller Stalking Alert to level RED. As such, I am currently wearing chest waders to protect my legs.

Find a new hobby, kid.

Couldn't find anymore JPEGs to express your frustration and e-rage?

:)

Celephais
06-15-2010, 12:22 PM

Find a new hobby, kid.

There are a small handful of people who claim that other posters are stalking them on these boards. You're not in good company.

Parkbandit
06-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Couldn't find anymore JPEGs to express your frustration and e-rage?

:)

http://www.binbin.net/photos/generic/ron/ron-thompson-chest-waders-cleated-sole.jpg

RichardCranium
06-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Jon Stewart just killed it on The Daily Show and it wasn't about this cat. Check hulu tomorrow.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/mon-june-14-2010-betty-white

TheEschaton
06-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Have they figured out how the guy won? Was it really a case of "Hmmm, I like his name better, I know nothing about these guys"?

Tsa`ah
06-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Have they figured out how the guy won? Was it really a case of "Hmmm, I like his name better, I know nothing about these guys"?

They're still trying to figure out how an unemployed guy that lives with his dad who lives on a fixed income was able to come up with 10 grand for the filing and still have some left over in his "campaign" fund.

Latrinsorm
06-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Fiscal responsibility.

Celephais
06-15-2010, 11:18 PM

ERm.... I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that the majority of voters are uneducated and distracted by simple things like shiny ads and prettier names.

Tsa`ah
06-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Fiscal responsibility.

You forgot the italics.

ERm.... I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that the majority of voters are uneducated and distracted by simple things like shiny ads and prettier names.

He had no campaign, no ads, no rallies ... nothing.