PDA

View Full Version : Palin All Over the News

ClydeR
03-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Palin is all over the news. She's writing another book. And she's doing a film documentary. Palin is both literary and artsy.

Former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin has in place a deal for a new book, to be published by News Corp. (NWS) subsidiary HarperCollins.

Palin's new book, which has yet to be titled, "will be a celebration of American virtues and strength," HarperCollins said.

"Palin will reflect on the key values--both national and spiritual--that have been such a profound part of her life and which continue to inform her vision of the future," the publisher said in a statement.

Palin is the author of bestseller "Going Rogue: An American Life," which was released last fall and also was published by HarperCollins. The book spent six weeks atop the New York Times bestseller list and has sold more than 2.2 million copies.

Dow Jones, the publisher of this news service, is owned by News Corp., which has Palin under contract as a paid political analyst.

More... (http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100304-713797.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines)

Despite several media reports that the project was a reality show, Fox411 confirms that it is a documentary that will focus on the people, geography and wildlife of Alaska. A source close to Palin says the show has absolutely nothing to do with her personal life or her family.

Palin is teaming up with “Survivor” creator Mark Burnett and Robert Barnett to produce the project, sources tell Fox. The group is in Los Angeles this week meeting with network heads about the documentary, and there is already “great interest” in it. In total, the group will meet with six different networks.

More... (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/03/04/sarah-palin-meeting-networks-alaska-documentary)

As reported by Fox News and the Wall Street Journal.

Parkbandit
03-04-2010, 03:08 PM
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/msanthropic/sarah-palin-hot-picture.jpg

Androidpk
03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/msanthropic/sarah-palin-hot-picture.jpg

That about sums it up.

Keller
03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Dear Networks,

I would absolutely watch a Sarah Palin reality television show. Make it happen.

Thanks,
Keller

Gan
03-04-2010, 04:39 PM
x2

Gan
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Dear ClydeR,

Palin is still not a viable candidate for 2012 unless she's going as an (I)ndependant.

Who knows - maybe she can team up with Ron Paul.

Sincerely,
Gan

Keller
03-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I suggest the title: Are you smarter than a former governor?

ClydeR
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Palin is still not a viable candidate for 2012 unless she's going as an (I)ndependant.

Although I disagree with you about Palin's personal political outlook, I must point out that Palin's influence reaches down from her presidential prospects to smaller political campaigns across the country.

Just look at how Palin is influencing the Republican gubernatorial candidate Carly Fiorina in California. Fiorina will probably be the next governor of California. She is winning in that liberal state by running as a Palin acolyte.

Former Hewlitt-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina (R) on Monday said that she is the best candidate to defeat Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) because she is a woman.

More... (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/69083-fiorina-im-a-better-candidate-than-devore-because-i-am-a-woman)

"With all due respect and deep affection for white men, I am married to one," Fiorina said at a breakfast at Americans for Tax Reform. "But knows how to beat them in California, she has done it over and over and over again."

But throughout her speech, Fiorina stressed that she was just as conservative as her primary opponent DeVore, who is seeking to outflank her on the right. She said she opposed abortion rights and harped on her anti-tax and spending views.

"I am pro-life, I believe that life begins at conception, that is not a change despite what Chuck DeVore has led you to believe," she said. "I do not believe I differ from Chuck DeVore either fiscally or socially."

Asked whether former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) would jump into the race, she said that would be up to her, but added, [B]"I share Sarah Palin's values."

Some Democrats assume (http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/monitor_breakfast/2010/0224/Menendez-Sarah-Palin-dooms-Carly-Fiorina-and-GOP-chance-of-retaking-Senate) that they will profit from Palin's ascendancy, but they are definately mistaken.

Gan
03-05-2010, 12:52 PM
For the record, I am NOT ClydeR...

Kuyuk
03-05-2010, 01:58 PM
For the record, I am NOT Gan...

hmm?

Gan
03-05-2010, 03:16 PM
I've noticed for a while now that whomever the author of ClydeR is - he's been subtly mimicking my posting style up to and including some of the same words that I habitually mispell.

While imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - I feel compelled to remind my fellow PC crackheads of the fact (Kranar can verify) that I have only one (1) account on the PC. Not to mention that my current PC handle is a simple reduced iteration of my former handle. I am secure in my uniqueness. :)

Keller
03-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I've noticed for a while now that whomever the author of ClydeR is - he's been subtly mimicking my posting style up to and including some of the same words that I habitually mispell.

While imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - I feel compelled to remind my fellow PC crackheads of the fact (Kranar can verify) that I have only one (1) account on the PC. Not to mention that my current PC handle is a simple reduced iteration of my former handle. I am secure in my uniqueness. :)

Likely story.

My money is still on Tea and Strumpets, but you're reaching for second place with this kind of apologetics.

Gan
03-05-2010, 03:22 PM
LOL

Ok PB jr.

Keller
03-05-2010, 03:24 PM
LOL

Ok PB jr.

It was more of a T&S troll, but I'll take the low hanging fruit.

Gan
03-05-2010, 03:24 PM
I have some low hanging fruit...

Keller
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I have some low hanging fruit...

Sucks getting old, doesn't it?

ClydeR
03-05-2010, 04:26 PM

Don't worry, my paranoid friend. Nobody is going to confuse your scrawl with my writing.

AnticorRifling
03-05-2010, 04:53 PM
I blame Dar.

Gan
03-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Sucks getting old, doesn't it?
LOL

Not if you have soft hands. ;)

Gan
03-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Don't worry, my paranoid friend. Nobody is going to confuse your scrawl with my writing.

Not really reassured. :(