PDA

View Full Version : Palin Joins Fox News

ClydeR
01-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Former Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska has signed on as a contributor to the Fox News Channel.

The network confirmed that Ms. Palin will appear on the network’s programming on a regular basis as part of a multi-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

More... (http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/11/sarah-palin-to-contribute-to-fox-news/)

I cannot begin to express how much this pleases me.

Keller
01-11-2010, 02:10 PM

I cannot determine which persona is actually saying this.

waywardgs
01-11-2010, 02:12 PM
This is going to be a laugh a minute. Exactly what she needs- more time in front of a camera to put her foot in her mouth. Comics rejoice!

Ardwen
01-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Maybe she can do a thanksgiving special for them, turkey head grinding and all

Atlanteax
01-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Palin is going to put the Faux in Fox News.

Tsa`ah
01-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Palin is going to put the Faux in Fox News.

They needed her for that?

Parkbandit
01-11-2010, 02:21 PM
I think it's a good fit to be honest.

Hot woman on TV.. and stepping away from politics.

Win/Win imo. Hopefully, she wears low cut tops... I'd watch her.

Kuyuk
01-11-2010, 02:22 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/Marneus767/LOLWUT5.jpg

Ardwen
01-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Bikini news with the Palins? scary PB scary

Kithus
01-11-2010, 02:33 PM
I think it's a good fit to be honest.

Yes, she'll fit right in with the other conservative nut jobs making things up on Fox.

Parkbandit
01-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Bikini news with the Palins? scary PB scary

I'm thinking her days in a bikini have passed her by... doesn't mean I don't think she's hot though.

Keller
01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
In the one thread that I think EVERYONE, even Earl, would have enjoyed PB posting a relevant jpeg in response to ClydeR, he lets us down.

Shame on you, PB.

Allereli
01-11-2010, 03:03 PM
The winner in this will be Jon Stewart

Parkbandit
01-11-2010, 03:24 PM
In the one thread that I think EVERYONE, even Earl, would have enjoyed PB posting a relevant jpeg in response to ClydeR, he lets us down.

Shame on you, PB.

KSA now at DefCon 8.

Cephalopod
01-11-2010, 03:42 PM

And by extension, all of us.

Tsa`ah
01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
And by extension, all of us.

He'll have to rename the show. Maybe The Daily Review of Fox Show.

Deathravin
01-11-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad3Hzsy1-20

Methais
01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Hopefully, she wears no tops...or bottoms. And does pr0n. I'd watch her.

Fixed.

4a6c1
01-11-2010, 10:47 PM

Hahaha. So true.

Gan
01-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Yes, she'll fit right in with the other conservative nut jobs making things up on Fox.

This bitter liberal moment brought to you by...

Gan
01-12-2010, 07:57 AM
She's cashing in on her 15 minutes of fame. Might as well reap the rewards of her popularity brought on by the left who seem to be extremely paranoid of her.

Tsa`ah
01-12-2010, 08:11 AM
There's no paranoia of Palin, let alone fear. She's part of a very loudmouthed, very small minority. On top of that she's too inept to see any of her "beliefs" to fruition.

What the left fears and is paranoid about are the beliefs she holds. Some things born and bred and left to fester in the back country should probably stay in the back country. Unfortunately she draws upon the like minded, while not really standing for anything, and feeds upon the fear she likes to sow.

If asked what Ben Franklin meant by "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." she would go on a rambling spiel about nothing, but mention terrorism, terrorist, Ft Hood, 9/11, Obama, Russia and Putin about 30 times each in her hair brained response. What the "left" fears and is paranoid about .... is the heart felt applause she'd receive.

Parkbandit
01-12-2010, 08:46 AM
There's no paranoia of Palin, let alone fear. She's part of a very loudmouthed, very small minority. On top of that she's too inept to see any of her "beliefs" to fruition.

By small, you mean large.. and by loudmouthed, you mean not as loud as people of your ilk?

What the left fears and is paranoid about are the beliefs she holds. Some things born and bred and left to fester in the back country should probably stay in the back country. Unfortunately she draws upon the like minded, while not really standing for anything, and feeds upon the fear she likes to sow.

I realize that self responsibility, capitalism and the American way are very scary to the left..

If asked what Ben Franklin meant by "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." she would go on a rambling spiel about nothing, but mention terrorism, terrorist, Ft Hood, 9/11, Obama, Russia and Putin about 30 times each in her hair brained response. What the "left" fears and is paranoid about .... is the heart felt applause she'd receive.

Do you have a quote of what she said? I doubt she mentioned anything about 30 times each. Hyperbole much?

Edited to add: In before some gay sex act you fantasize about.

4a6c1
01-12-2010, 09:51 AM

:-/

And asked what is so scary about Palin some liberals have been heard to go off into rambling spiels about nothing but mention Ben Franklin, the backcountry and a mysterious and yet unidentified 'small' minority.

AnticorRifling
01-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I really couldn't tell you a single thing about where she stands on any given policy or issue. All I know is I'd love to give her a sausage burn down the middle of her chest.

Gan
01-12-2010, 10:04 AM
She's cashing in like Al Gore.

4a6c1
01-12-2010, 10:07 AM
So what? A woman cant be a capitalist?!

SEXIST PEGS

http://www.artatlarge.com/pages/julian/julian_img/ClothesPeg2.jpg

Keller
01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
[T]he left . . . seem to be extremely paranoid of [Sarah Palin].

She is Dan Quayle with a vajayjay. As long as she's not educating our children, what is there to be paranoid about?

Cephalopod
01-12-2010, 10:10 AM
What's scary is that she's so woefully inadequate as a candidate for anything, yet she was so strongly embraced. Now that she's not a candidate, she's a great sideshow to watch.

Her debut speech at the GOP’s convention won wide acclaim, but immediately afterward it was clear to McCain’s aides that she had significant deficiencies.

Heilemann said that even after crash-course tutorials by campaign aides following the convention, Palin was still woefully uninformed about basic policy issues.

“[S]he still didn’t really understand why there was a North Korea and a South Korea,” Heilemann told the program’s Anderson Cooper. “She was still regularly saying that Saddam Hussein had been behind 9/11.”

Schmidt said Palin was ignorant about many matters of national security policy, but allowed that any of the vice-presidential candidates tapped would have needed tutoring on such issues.

But he said she hurt herself in the now-infamous interview with CBS’s Katie Couric by not adequately preparing and letting herself be distracted by what the authors describe as an obsession about her political standing in Alaska.
(link (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31335.html))

Of course, you can't say she's stupid, since she's managed to force the press to play on her terms:

The problem is that Palin has put the political press in a submissive position, one in which the only information it prints about her comes from prepared statements or from Q&As with friendly interviewers. This isn’t something most politicians get away with, or would be allowed to get away with. But Palin has leveraged her celebrity — her ability to get ratings, the ardor of her fans and the bitterness of her critics — to win a truly unique relationship with the press. She is allowed to shape the public debate without actually engaging in it.
(link (http://washingtonindependent.com/71953/why-i-dont-write-about-sarah-palins-facebook-posts))

...and of course, she isn't that bad looking.

Rocktar
01-12-2010, 10:32 AM
She's cashing in like Al Gore.

Maybe, but it isn't like she is hiding the fact that she pretty much has made up everything she says off the cuff. Al on the other hand took many years, careful research and the help of entire think tanks to make up his spew.

In the end, she wins, still better to look at and she can read the phone book and be more personable than Al.

Parkbandit
01-12-2010, 10:37 AM
What's scary is that she's so woefully inadequate as a candidate for anything, yet she was so strongly embraced. Now that she's not a candidate, she's a great sideshow to watch.

Of course, you can't say she's stupid, since she's managed to force the press to play on her terms:

...and of course, she isn't that bad looking.

Replace She with He and you could be saying the same exact thing about Obama.

But you don't see that, do you.

waywardgs
01-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Maybe, but it isn't like she is hiding the fact that she pretty much has made up everything she says off the cuff. Al on the other hand took many years, careful research and the help of entire think tanks to make up his spew.

In the end, she wins, still better to look at and she can read the phone book and be more personable than Al.

Wait- so you have a problem with people who think before they speak?

Gan
01-12-2010, 10:55 AM
She is Dan Quayle with a vajayjay. As long as she's not educating our children, what is there to be paranoid about?

Then why all the media attention? Now stupidity sells?

She's not running in 2012, so then what's the big deal?

Infatuation or paranoia. She's not that hot...

Gan
01-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Wait- so you have a problem with people who think before they speak?

It depends on what they are thinking. Not all thought is good thought.

waywardgs
01-12-2010, 11:52 AM
It depends on what they are thinking. Not all thought is good thought.

I know, he just phrased it stupidly. There's never anything wrong with years of careful research- it's the conclusions one draws that can be problematic.

Cephalopod
01-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Replace She with He and you could be saying the same exact thing about Obama.

But you don't see that, do you.

You're admitting, then, that Obama is not bad looking?

Atlanteax
01-12-2010, 12:34 PM
The disastrous selection of Palin as the VP on the Republican ticket will likely be a case-study for future selection processes...

Sarah Palin campaign was a 'train wreck', insiders say

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6984739.ece?token=null&offset=0&page=1

One of her advisers sent an urgent SOS to McCain headquarters, the authors continue. "They began discussing a new and threatening possibility: that Palin was mentally unstable."

Lesson = more thorough INTERVIEWING

Parkbandit
01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
You're admitting, then, that Obama is not bad looking?

I don't think I've ever said he was bad looking... for a well spoken, clean, articulate, no negro dialecting sort of guy.

WHAT NOW!

TheEschaton
01-12-2010, 12:59 PM
I'd only be scared of Sarah Palin if I was a wolf, and she was in a helicopter.

As it is, I'm scared of Palin supporters, merely because they mix a dangerous brew of willful ignorance, the propensity to carry semi-automatics, and are willing to accept views because a person is hot more than anything else.

Allereli
01-12-2010, 01:09 PM
and are willing to accept views because a person is hot more than anything else.

I think it was Star magazine that had celeb pics w/o makeup. Hers was scary

Kithus
01-12-2010, 01:13 PM
I think it was Star magazine that had celeb pics w/o makeup. Hers was scary

Found it!

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1954017/2/istockphoto_1954017-scary-monster-face.jpg

Parkbandit
01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I'd only be scared of Sarah Palin if I was a wolf, and she was in a helicopter.

As it is, I'm scared of Palin supporters, merely because they mix a dangerous brew of willful ignorance, the propensity to carry semi-automatics, and are willing to accept views because a person is hot more than anything else.

As it is, I'm scared of Obama supporters, merely because they mix a dangerous brew of willful ignorance, the propensity to believe they know what is good for everyone else, and are willing to accept views because a person promises more than anything else.

4a6c1
01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Found it!

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1954017/2/istockphoto_1954017-scary-monster-face.jpg

Ok now you cant be angry about the Obama/Joker poster!

:)

Methais
01-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't think I've ever said he was bad looking... for a well spoken, clean, articulate, no negro dialecting sort of guy.

WHAT NOW!

Don't forget light skinned.

Kithus
01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Ok now you cant be angry about the Obama/Joker poster!

Alright then post it up and I won't be angry.

Methais
01-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Alright then post it up and I won't be angry.

It's PB's current avatar, in case you missed his last 4782034 posts.

Kithus
01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
It's PB's current avatar, in case you missed his last 4782034 posts.

Hmm never really noticed. I suppose I should pay more attention to people's avatars.

Daniel
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
She's cashing in on her 15 minutes of fame. Might as well reap the rewards of her popularity brought on by the left who seem to be extremely paranoid of her.

Your delusion is hitting epic levels.

Who exactly on the left is "paranoid" about Palin? We were laughing about McCains decision to pick her and you keep saying, well we'll wait and see. Trust us, no one was scared then and no one is scared now.

Gan
01-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Asked and answered

Keller
01-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Now stupidity sells?

Absolutely.

See Delonte West, George W. Bush, Joe Biden, etc.

Daniel
01-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Asked and answered

rofl. Right.

Gan
01-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Exactly

Latrinsorm
01-12-2010, 05:37 PM
The problem is that Palin has put the political press in a submissive positionTeehee!
See Delonte WestDelonte West is a good guy, stfu.

Keller
01-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Teehee!Delonte West is a good guy, stfu.

You can be a great guy, and still spew verbal diahrea.

Gan
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifPalin Joins Fox News (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=1048421#post1048421)01-12-2010 06:54 PM All thought is good. Not all conclusions are.

So you conclude that thoughts of pedophilia, genocide, and cannibalism are good thoughts?

Really? Good thing you thought not to put your name on this kind of stupidity... I guess thats what you mean by all thoughts are good.

:rofl:

Daniel
01-12-2010, 09:14 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifPalin Joins Fox News (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=1048421#post1048421)01-12-2010 06:54 PM All thought is good. Not all conclusions are.

So you conclude that thoughts of pedophilia, genocide, and cannibalism are good thoughts?

Really? Good thing you thought not to put your name on this kind of stupidity... I guess thats what you mean by all thoughts are good.

:rofl:

Pretty sure you missed his point.

Gan
01-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Just pretty sure?

You dont sound very convincing. Enlighten us professor.

I think the point was pretty clear, and pretty wrong.

Daniel
01-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Just pretty sure?

You dont sound very convincing. Enlighten us professor.

I think the point was pretty clear, and pretty wrong.

Professor? I guess I shouldn't be surprising considering you're from Texas.

The point is, thought itself is not the problem. You want a thoughtful person in a position of authority because that entails that he has given all available options its due considerations. It's the conclusions that matter, as conclusions are the final detriment of thought.

Also pedophilia is not a "thought" neither is cannibalism.

This might help.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/think

Gan
01-12-2010, 09:24 PM
So thoughts of pedophilia are ok with you.

Check.

(I'm thinking, right now, that you're a complete idiot.)

PS. Hey Einstein - try this definition on for size since you want to have a Webster war.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thought

We are discussing thought. Have someone write that down for you.

Daniel
01-12-2010, 09:30 PM
So thoughts of pedophilia are ok with you.

Check.

(I'm thinking, right now, that you're a complete idiot.)

PS. Hey Einstein - try this definition on for size since you want to have a Webster war.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thought

We are discussing thought. Have someone write that down for you.

So you think that sometimes people shouldn't think before they speak because they might think of pedophilia?

Really?

Did you fall on your head recently?

Stretch
01-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Why the hell would anyone care what a woman thinks?

EDIT: Even conservatives should agree with me on this one.

radamanthys
01-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Why the hell would anyone care what a woman thinks?

EDIT: Even conservatives should agree with me on this one.

It's not really 'what' but rather 'that' a woman thinks that concerns me. Bitches ain't shit.

Gan
01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
So you think that sometimes people shouldn't think before they speak because they might think of pedophilia?

Really?

Did you fall on your head recently?

Whatever you're smoking tonight - its working.

Let me break it down in crayon for you.

If you look at the negative comment, then click on the link you'll find it pointing to post #61 where I said that not all thought is good thought. This is in response to a post by Waywardgs who asked me if I had a problem with people who think. Then after some thought (pun intended) understood my reponse and even iterated it in his reply "...Its the conclusions one draws that can be problematic".

So yes, I'm saying that there are some thoughts that are bad thoughts. Not that thinking is bad or speaking without thinking is good or bad. Reading comprehension would have helped you here tremendously, professor.

So then we come to your quip, because we all know you cant resist trying (and failing yet again) to make me look bad here on the PC.

Your quip "Pretty sure you missed his point" was in reference to my posting the negative rep comment of which, as we now see, was erroneous in nature because the comment, and your reaction I might add, was off the mark as evidenced by the fact that I'm not saying, as demonstrated above, that thinking in general is bad but that thoughts in general can be bad. I even gave you examples which went, admittedly, completely over your head.

So that leaves me with the question - are you sure its not you thats had recent or severe past head trauma?

Daniel
01-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Whatever you're smoking tonight - its working.

Let me break it down in crayon for you.

If you look at the negative comment, then click on the link you'll find it pointing to post #61 where I said that not all thought is good thought. This is in response to a post by Waywardgs who asked me if I had a problem with people who think.

Stop. One is a verb, one is noun. There is a difference which is critical for "reading comprehension". Try again.

Gan
01-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Stop. Go back and re-read the thread. Reading comprehension can be achieved with multiple attempts. I have faith in you professor.

Cephalopod
01-12-2010, 10:51 PM
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy79/Decimator1/derailed.jpg

Daniel
01-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Stop. Go back and re-read the thread. Reading comprehension can be achieved with multiple attempts. I have faith in you professor.

Really? So you really think that someone should not think before they speak (original question) because there are bad thoughs such as cannibalism (your supposition)?

Obviously, that makes no sense. You're responding to a question about the [verb] with an argument about the [noun].

Once again. The process of thinking [verb] is not bad. The conclusions drawn from them can be. [noun].

Gan
01-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Really? So you really think that someone should not think before they speak (original question) because there are bad thoughs such as cannibalism (your supposition)?
wow, I mean, seriously wow. You really need to not post while drinking/smoking. I even spelled it out in crayon for you. Please, the laughing is starting to hurt. Stop it.

I've already explained it to you in great detail. I'm not repeating myself anymore. If you cant figure it out - ask someone who can to translate it for you.

:lol:

Daniel
01-12-2010, 11:24 PM
wow, I mean, seriously wow. You really need to not post while drinking/smoking. I even spelled it out in crayon for you. Please, the laughing is starting to hurt. Stop it.

I've already explained it to you in great detail. I'm not repeating myself anymore. If you cant figure it out - ask someone who can to translate it for you.

:lol:

Sorry. I don't know anyone that can do Texan logic, so I rely solely on you.

Gan
01-12-2010, 11:25 PM
You might try hooked on phonics. I hear that even works for rangers.

Daniel
01-12-2010, 11:30 PM

Oh. I read quite well, thanks. I'm not the one struggling with basic grammatical concepts right now.

Gan
01-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Again, reading comprehension. Give it a try. You might like it.

Kithus
01-12-2010, 11:33 PM

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mbc/lowres/mbcn356l.jpg

Seriously though Gan, it seems like you did miss the point. Thoughts are neither inherenting good or bad. It is when those thoughts become actions that judgement should be placed.

To take your example of cannibalism. One might think "Does human taste like chicken?" It's not a very pleasant thought, though it could be considered amusing. Overall there's nothing wrong with the thought, in and of itself. It's not cannibalism because the act itself has not been committed.

Gan
01-12-2010, 11:35 PM
So you're ok with thinking about pedophilia.

Thats really not good.

Some thoughts really are bad.

Kithus
01-12-2010, 11:41 PM

Thats really not good.

Provided the thoughts are never acted upon, I'm indifferent. If they aren't acted upon then somewhere in the thought process we might assume Gan has at least one of these thoughts:
1. Acting upon this would be morally wrong
2. There are legal ramifications for doing these things
3. Social taboos exist against these activities

Note that we're using Gan as the example as he seems to be the one so hung up on pedophillia. Just saying. ;)

TheEschaton
01-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Wait, I skipped over the whole derailing - what's the argument, thought can be good or bad vs. it doesn't matter til acted upon?

-TheE-

Daniel
01-12-2010, 11:50 PM

Thats really not good.

Thinking is not thoughts.

Noun. Verb.

FFS.

Daniel
01-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Wait, I skipped over the whole derailing - what's the argument, thought can be good or bad vs. it doesn't matter til acted upon?

-TheE-

Someone asked gan, "Are you saying it's bad to think before speaking?"

To which Gan replied "Thoughts are bad, e.g. pedophilia".

Everyone else said "durrrr..."

Gan
01-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Not all thought is good thought.

Its simple.

There are bad thoughts out there. Deny it if you must, but that does not make the bad thoughts go away.

Pedophilia is simply the best example (purest) of a bad thought that I can think of. Of all the thoughts that are bad in the world - thats the worst in my opinion.

And God knows what you're thinking. (For ClydeR)

Daniel
01-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Not all thought is good thought.

Its simple.

There are bad thoughts out there. Deny it if you must, but that does not make the bad thoughts go away.

Pedophilia is simply the best example (purest) of a bad thought that I can think of. Of all the thoughts that are bad in the world - thats the worst in my opinion.

And God knows what you're thinking. (For ClydeR)

Which has fuck all to do with whether or not you should think before speaking?

Gan
01-12-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm trolling Gan again and tried to make him look bad.

To which Gan replied "You're a fucktard, re-read the thread".

Then I said "durrrr..."

Fixed this for you.

Gan
01-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Which has fuck all to do with whether or not you should think before speaking?

Ask Waywardgs. He actually understood my response. Maybe he can dumb it down for you.

Daniel
01-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Ask Waywardgs. He actually understood my response. Maybe he can dumb it down for you.

...apparently as evidenced by his post to that fact..

Gan
01-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Seek the truth and it shall set you free.

Daniel
01-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Seek the truth and it shall set you free.

hahahaha. okay.

Stanley Burrell
01-13-2010, 02:09 AM
True.

Keller
01-13-2010, 08:57 AM

Thats really not good.

To conceive of your example, you had to think about pedophilia.

I am calling child protective services. Your time as a father is now done, you bad, bad man.

Methais
01-13-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm not the one struggling with basic grammatical concepts right now.

Yes you are.

Professor? I guess I shouldn't be surprising considering you're from Texas.

Atlanteax
01-13-2010, 10:36 AM
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6985849.ece

Sarah Palin makes her first appearance as a Fox News Channel contributor on 'The O'Reilly Factor'

With friends like Bill O’Reilly, host of The O’Reilly Factor on Fox News, who needs enemies?

Not Sarah Palin, that’s for sure.

When the former Governor of Alaska made her debut appearance as a ‘news analyst’ on last night’s edition of O’Reilly’s massively popular right-wing show, it was hard to avoid the impression that the red, white and blue studio wasn’t quite big enough for two American Patriots.

“You know, governor, the perception of you is that you’re not that smart?” was perhaps the most telling of O’Reilly’s we-can-be-blunt-because-we’re-friends questions. It came shortly after he showed his new colleague a montage of video clips in which rival pundits almost wept with mirth at her appointment (in one, Chris Matthews of MSNBC screamed, “How can she be a pundit, SHE DOESN’T KNOW ANYTHING!”).

Of course, this is what Fox – owned by News Corporation, parent company of The Times – excels at doing: presenting itself as the lone voice of common sense, under a ceaseless and vicious assault from the Mainstream Media (populated exclusively by the Lunatic Left).

But the almost gleeful repackaging of that very same Mainstream Media’s ridicule of Palin (“There are a lot of conservative politicians . . . and none of them are attacked as personally as you,” pointed out O’Reilly) gave the impression that the host might actually be getting a vicarious thrill from it all.

Then again, Fox clearly wasn’t just buying an analyst when it hired Palin. It was buying the whole Wasilla circus.

And in all fairness, there wasn’t any shortage of compliments between Palin and O’Reilly. It’s just that they often sounded more like insults. In a reference to the vice- Presidential contest of 2008, for example, O’Reilly told the former governor: “You did very well against [Joe] Biden in that debate.”

Palin grinned. But then the old dog couldn’t help himself. “Although you did call him O’Biden at one point,” he added.

Palin’s grin – at this point in her career surely able to withstand anything barring a full-scale nuclear exchange - remained in place.

“I think the analysis after the debate was a surprise that Biden had more gaffes,” she countered.

But hang on a minute: isn’t Palin supposed to be the analyst? Doesn’t that allow her to simply state – categorically – that Biden made more errors, and that’s my opinion, and I’m sticking to it, The End?

This, of course, is Fox’s problem with Palin: in spite of her rimless media mogul glasses and slick black studio outfit, she remains more candidate than pundit. Which means she wouldn’t take O’Reilly’s bait over whether the Obama Administration should invade Iran (“A military attack needs to be our very last option”). Neither did she want to call Harry Reid a racist, in spite of the Senator Majority Leader’s indirect reference to the President as a “Negro”. She couldn’t even spare an insult for Nancy Pelosi, the House Speaker – practically a pantomime villain for conservatives these days.

But none of this matters, and Fox knows it. As long as Palin continues to be attacked by the left – and thus continue to feed the indignation of Fox News's most conservative of viewers, who feel slighted by proxy – she will be doing her new employer proud. And on that basis, her debut last night was surely a triumph.

No wonder such a master of invective as Bill O’Reilly seems to find it all a bit galling.

Daniel
01-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes you are.

Bravo.

Gan
01-13-2010, 12:41 PM
(Kellers last post)
The quote button no worky on my crackberry. :(

Exactly! Make sure you turn yourself in as well. ;)

Methais
01-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Bravo.

Indeed. You win a prize:
http://www.popular.com.sg/images/product/book/21406.jpg

Gan
01-13-2010, 02:28 PM
At best, Palin being a Fox News Pundit will be a distraction for the liberal media/talk shows.

Misdirection? GOP Headfake?

JUKE JUKE!

Cephalopod
01-13-2010, 02:35 PM
At best, Palin being a Fox News Pundit will be a distraction for the liberal media/talk shows.

Misdirection? GOP Headfake?

JUKE JUKE!

This is true. I can see Maddow or Olbermann spending 10 minutes a night covering just her, wasting time they could be talking about other things.

Gan
01-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I bet its more than 10.

You're just being conservative!

Cephalopod
01-13-2010, 03:35 PM
You're just being conservative!

LIBELOUS SLANDER!

Gan
01-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Better than Liberal Slander!

Cephalopod
01-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Via Twitter (http://twitter.com/ebertchicago/status/7720056433), Roger Ebert:

Summary of Palin debut: "My stump speech needs to be re-heard."

4a6c1
01-13-2010, 05:11 PM
:spaz:

She is on Glenn Beck right now.

Swear to jesus I dont watch this show. I was flipping the acronyms trying to find something on Haiti.

Latrinsorm
01-13-2010, 07:02 PM
You can be a great guy, and still spew verbal diahrea.I didn't realize he had ever talked. I will retract my criticism of you... for now.
So yes, I'm saying that there are some thoughts that are bad thoughts.It sounds to me like you're equivocating on "thought", using a definition meaning "picturing or considering" rather than "evaluating". Rejecting anything outright because it's "bad" is dogma, and I think you in particular would appreciate how dogmatic "thinking" is not appropriate for anyone in a leadership role.

Gan
01-13-2010, 07:45 PM
It sounds to me like you're equivocating on "thought", using a definition meaning "picturing or considering" rather than "evaluating". Rejecting anything outright because it's "bad" is dogma, and I think you in particular would appreciate how dogmatic "thinking" is not appropriate for anyone in a leadership role.

I think you almost understand part of the thought I'm trying to get across but then lost track with your own perception thereabout and eventually wound up off track. You might backtrack to where your perception differs from mine and then look closely at the specific line of thought where my conversation with waywardgs begins and concentrate on the perception I'm thinking of and posting about.

To be honest, I doubt I'll have time for another spirited reparte tonight as I have other thoughts to enact upon with the mrs. after the kiddo goes to bed ;) So feel free to go back and review but you'll have to be satisfied with the explanations I've given thus far.

Latrinsorm
01-13-2010, 08:49 PM
What you've said is all conclusion-based: thinking about X is bad. The point of the comment "all thought is good" is question-based: why is X bad? This is the equivocation you have been making since the beginning. You accuse Daniel of misunderstanding you and trying to score points, are you unable to see yourself in the same role?

Gan
01-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Nope

*I believe in original sin for thought.

Daniel
01-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Nope

*I believe in original sin for thought.

hahahahahaha

Gan
01-14-2010, 06:44 AM
What you've said is all conclusion-based: thinking about X is bad. The point of the comment "all thought is good" is question-based: why is X bad? This is the equivocation you have been making since the beginning. You accuse Daniel of misunderstanding you and trying to score points, are you unable to see yourself in the same role?

Nay nay I say my good stocking'd fellow. Your fancy words or circular logic will not sway me. I defend my premise with a simple question.
"For a sphere to be round must one conclude said roundness first?"

For we can summarize that waywardgs was not referring to literally speaking without thought because one can no more speak without thinking about speaking than one can speak without breathing. (Speaking is not controlled by an involuntary muscle control) So it must be concluded that thought was involved. Now was said thought good or bad? Therein lies the issue! Which leads me to my question as stated above. A bad thought can exist without one concluding so.

Now, who really knows whether said unsaid thoughts are good or bad? God perhaps and maybe Jesus (same entity for some), Sarah Palin and possibly ClydeR.

Latrinsorm
01-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Now was said thought good or bad? Therein lies the issue!There are at least two layers that are being evaluated: the content of thought, and the purpose of thought. You're saying that because the content of a thought can be bad, it is incorrect to say that all thought is good. This is a misinterpretation of the original statement, which refers to the purpose of thought.

Cephalopod
01-14-2010, 01:25 PM
All this debate over 'thought' and 'thinking' in a thread about Sarah Palin.

http://bogomip.net/images/humor/irony.jpg

Methais
01-14-2010, 02:22 PM
All this debate over 'thought' and 'thinking' on the Players' Corner.

http://bogomip.net/images/humor/irony.jpg

Fixed.

Gan
01-14-2010, 02:26 PM
There are at least two layers that are being evaluated: the content of thought, and the purpose of thought. You're saying that because the content of a thought can be bad, it is incorrect to say that all thought is good. This is a misinterpretation of the original statement, which refers to the purpose of thought.

I disagree.

*For reasons already covered.

Daniel
01-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Nay nay I say my good stocking'd fellow. Your fancy words or circular logic will not sway me. I defend my premise with a simple question.
"For a sphere to be round must one conclude said roundness first?"

For we can summarize that waywardgs was not referring to literally speaking without thought because one can no more speak without thinking about speaking than one can speak without breathing. (Speaking is not controlled by an involuntary muscle control) So it must be concluded that thought was involved. Now was said thought good or bad? Therein lies the issue! Which leads me to my question as stated above. A bad thought can exist without one concluding so.

Please. Never ever try to be philosphical again.

Seriously.

If your kid said this in school they'd classify him as borderline retarded.

Kithus
01-14-2010, 03:16 PM

Seriously.

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/comic%20retarded%20sperm%20jared%20hindman.jpg

Gan
01-14-2010, 04:16 PM

Seriously.

Is that the best you can do?

Keller
01-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Is that the best you can do?

You mispelled "fail"

Gan
01-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Is that the best you can fail?

Keller
01-14-2010, 04:46 PM

. . .

^ they're in italics ^

Gan
01-14-2010, 06:48 PM

crb
01-14-2010, 08:33 PM

If a job on TV makes her less likely to run, I am happy.

Parkbandit
01-19-2010, 08:22 AM
I do hope so, this time she would not run.

SEE, EVEN A BOT IS TERRIFIED OF HER!!