PDA

View Full Version : Oh great Prophet Obama, hear our prayer

Rocktar
10-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Found this on another board. Now, deny that people have a religiously fanatic fervor in worshiping the Anointed One as some kind of savior.

http://blip.tv/play/hJNRgaO_BAI

Keller
10-01-2009, 09:56 AM
"People" do not have a religiously fanatic fervor in worshiping Barack Obama as some kind of savior.

CrystalTears
10-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Found this on another board. Now, deny that people have a religiously fanatic fervor in worshiping the Anointed One as some kind of savior.

SOME people. You can't pick and choose the actions some people do to represent the whole to suit your mantras.

Parkbandit
10-01-2009, 12:18 PM

Seriously.. this is as dumb as Ravenstorm saying that many people think we should have a military coup and assassinate Obama.

Stop being retarded.

Parkbandit
10-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I like how people see absolutely no parallel between themselves saying "People WORSHIP Obama!" because of a few fanatics, while having no qualms about simply writing off a few crazies that show up to conservative political rallies with hateful signs or the people who shouted out "Kill 'em!" at a Palin rally during the election--to which she said nothing.

I like how people see absolutely no parallel between themselves saying "People want to assassinate Obama!" and "Conservatives are a bunch of racists because they disagree with Obama!" because of a few fanatics, while having no qualms about simply writing off a few crazies that have a religious fanaticism about Obama.

Stop being a retard.

Methais
10-01-2009, 12:43 PM
SOME people. You can't pick and choose the actions some people do to represent the whole to suit your mantras. Unless you're a liberal. Then it's totally ok.

Fixed.

Keller
10-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Fixed.

GOGO METHAIS INTERNET NERDRAGE AGAINST LIBERALZZZZ!!!!!!!!

Gan
10-01-2009, 02:37 PM
People seem to forget the idea that the actions of a few do not define the majority when said actions support their own deep seeded beliefs.

When it becomes the actions of many then there's cause for concern...

Atlanteax
10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
People seem to forget the idea that the actions of a few do not define the majority when said actions support their own deep seeded beliefs.

When it becomes the actions of many then there's cause for concern...

Well... in a sense, that really only holds true for pre 15th century (tho it is a concise statement if you take the holistic view).

Since then, a small group of people, if well-armed, can cause significant chaos.

The well-armed factor is not just limited to weaponry (going from swords to musket/guns to explosive devices), as applications of the mass media have shown.

In today's world, a determined minority, regardless of how small, is not truly ignorable without noticeable disruptions to the populace.

landy
10-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.

Keller
10-01-2009, 04:21 PM
In today's world, a determined minority, regardless of how small, is not truly ignorable without noticeable disruptions to the populace.

Nice summary of the GOP.

Back
10-01-2009, 04:25 PM
What if he is the second coming?

A bunch of people are going to be really really disappointed they didn’t recognize it.

Oops?

4a6c1
10-01-2009, 04:52 PM
O

Gan
10-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Well... in a sense, that really only holds true for pre 15th century (tho it is a concise statement if you take the holistic view).

Since then, a small group of people, if well-armed, can cause significant chaos.

The well-armed factor is not just limited to weaponry (going from swords to musket/guns to explosive devices), as applications of the mass media have shown.

I never said incapable of causing chaos, disruption or being overlooked or ignored. I said representing the majority. ;)

Back
10-01-2009, 04:58 PM

You mean terrorists.

Methais
10-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Nice summary of the GOP.

GOGO KELLER INTERNET NERDRAGE AGAINST REPUBLICANS!!!!!!!!

You mean terrorists.

I must disagree. While I think the mainstream media are a bunch of cocksitters, I don't consider them terrorists.

Parkbandit
10-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Nice summary of the GOP.

GOGO KELLER INTERNET NERDRAGE AGAINST CONSERVATIVES!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
10-01-2009, 05:14 PM
I must disagree. While I think the mainstream media are a bunch of cocksitters, I don't consider them terrorists.

Re-read his post and tell me he was talking about the media.

Look, this whole business of pointing fingers is tired and misguided. Its almost laughable.

radamanthys
10-01-2009, 05:15 PM
In the eyes of some, armed insurrection against a tyrant is far more noble than fanatical worship of that same leader.

In the eyes of others, passionate and loyal support of a benevolent leader is superior to an angry, violent mob.

It's the truly enlightened that realizes that both groups will be jointly at fault if there is bloodshed. The fanatics on both sides.

Who I'd root for is another matter.

Parkbandit
10-01-2009, 05:32 PM
After 8 years of doing it, this whole business of pointing fingers is tired and misguided. Its almost laughable.

Corrected for accuracy.

Back
10-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Corrected for accuracy.

Thats all you got? Slander?

Way to take the higher ground.

Keller
10-01-2009, 05:47 PM
GOGO KELLER INTERNET NERDRAGE AGAINST CONSERVATIVES!!!!!!!!!!!

Again. Pre. Cis. IOn.

Take a look at Methais's response for the accurate response.

Parkbandit
10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Thats all you got? Slander?

Way to take the higher ground.

I've never, ever claimed to take any higher ground. That's Keller who claims to do so.. yet rarely does.

Also, while I realize "Slander" isn't on your Word of the Day calendar.. at least look it up before using it in the wrong context.

Parkbandit
10-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Again. Pre. Cis. IOn.

Take a look at Methais's response for the accurate response.

I'll be precise as humanly possible:

You are a fucking idiot.

Hope that helps. :D

Keller
10-01-2009, 06:02 PM
I've never, ever claimed to take any higher ground. That's Keller who claims to do so.. yet rarely does.

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Back
10-01-2009, 06:12 PM

Also, while I realize "Slander" isn't on your Word of the Day calendar.. at least look it up before using it in the wrong context.

Well you are a hemmerhoidface so nya nya!

Do you ever get tired of being an idiot? I know we all do.

Methais
10-01-2009, 06:16 PM

I lol'd when I read that, but not for the reason you intended.

Gan
10-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Back calling someone an idiot. ROFL

Back
10-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Back calling someone an idiot. ROFL

I know. Makes you want to cry.

Back
10-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I lol'd when I read that, but not for the reason you intended.

Look at his avatar and sig and look at everyone elses.

No one on this board is as hard up for an argument as PB is then he QQs when he gets one.

TheEschaton
10-01-2009, 10:13 PM
And once again, Back makes me want to go off the grid.

Rocktar
10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Yano, I know you all think that this is a very small portion of fanatic idiots, and perhaps that is true. I just don't think that it is nearly as small as you do. It only took a few dedicated people to bring the world to it's knees with some plane hijackings. Besides, these kinds of things spread, after all, if this happened with Bush, I am sure that people would be calling for an FBI investigation into subversive activity or looking for some black bag government operation.

Really, these people are scary and likely to spread. Look at how popular Rev Wright and his church of fruit loops are, how popular the religious indoctrination of hate is and how it spreads. It is a very small thing to take that fomenting hate, add a semi-charismatic figure and turn it into a fanatic movement. You can dismiss it all you want, but things like this and the kids singing are simply scary. No one did this kind of crap with Bush, or Clinton, or Reagan or even Kennedy and if they had, people would have called the funny farm.

Oh, and Keller, you are a supreme idiot and really going out of your way to top your past achievements in idiotic liberal stupidity.

Don't let the off button hit you Tsa'ah.

Keller
10-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Oh, and Keller, you are a supreme idiot and really going out of your way to top your past achievements in idiotic liberal stupidity.

Not all of us can be in the 99.999th percentile of IQs.

TheEschaton
10-02-2009, 12:43 PM
No one did this kind of crap with Bush, or Clinton, or Reagan or even Kennedy and if they had, people would have called the funny farm.

Yet someone posted a link of kids singing to Bush in the other thread.

Methais
10-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Look at his avatar and sig and look at everyone elses.

No one on this board is as hard up for an argument as PB is then he QQs when he gets one.

It wouldn't matter who you were speaking to, or even who it was posted by. It was the actual choice of words.

Here, read it again:

Lemme know if you need it further spelled out for you.

Actually lemme just go ahead and do it now to save time. The key is in the parenthesis:

Do you ever get tired of being an idiot? I know we all do (get tired of being idiots).

Make sense now?

Back
10-02-2009, 04:44 PM
lol. Apparently I don’t!

Latrinsorm
10-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Besides, these kinds of things spread, after all, if this happened with Bush, I am sure that people would be calling for an FBI investigation into subversive activity or looking for some black bag government operation.On these boards, there were three threads devoted to Pastor Fischer's Bible camp, commonly referred to as "Jesus Camp". Included in the initial reports describing the camp was the phrase "worshipping a picture of President Bush". (Though this turned out to be a misrepresentation, there was a period of time where people could react before the truth was made known.)

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=23791
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=31464
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=21166

Number of people who called for any government intervention or investigation: 0.

Parkbandit
10-02-2009, 05:19 PM
It's hilarious to see people taking the opposite sides of this argument.. seemingly depending on who the kids are singing/praying about.

Back
10-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Whats really hilarious is people associating it with Hitler and Nazi Germany.

When those kids sang about Bush coming to rebuild it didn’t even make the news.

Keller
10-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Whats really hilarious is people associating it with Hitler and Nazi Germany.

When those kids sang about Bush coming to rebuild it didn’t even make the news.

I think both are utterly deplorable, whether or not they make the news.

Gan
10-02-2009, 08:50 PM
I think both are utterly deplorable, whether or not they make the news.

You're not alone in this thought. Unfortunately there are some here who remain oblivious to that consideration. So they keep on swimming...

Daniel
10-02-2009, 10:22 PM
On these boards, there were three threads devoted to Pastor Fischer's Bible camp, commonly referred to as "Jesus Camp". Included in the initial reports describing the camp was the phrase "worshipping a picture of President Bush". (Though this turned out to be a misrepresentation, there was a period of time where people could react before the truth was made known.)

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=23791
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=31464
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=21166

Number of people who called for any government intervention or investigation: 0.

YOU ARE WRONG!!! OBVIOUSLY LIBERALS WOULD BE DOING THE EXACT SAME THING AS REPUBLICANS!!!!!!!

/Methais