PDA

View Full Version : Bring out your dead!

Rocktar
09-04-2009, 01:41 AM
Yep, Britain is doing such a wonderful job that people LOVE their NHS. And they say national care can't lead to death panels. I suppose this isn't a panel, but it is a set of guidelines that once again, applied blanket style to all patients ignores individual cases. Of course, unlike in education where someone graduates without being able to read, a reversible condition, in this case, they die. So far, death isn't reversible as far as I know. And you wonder why we don't want to trust the government with our health care decisions?

Under NHS guidance introduced across England to help doctors and medical staff deal with dying patients, they can then have fluid and drugs withdrawn and many are put on continuous sedation until they pass away.

But this approach can also mask the signs that their condition is improving, the experts warn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6127514/Sentenced-to-death-on-the-NHS.html

Back
09-04-2009, 01:52 AM
Amazing. Only a fucking idiot would associate universal health care with death.

Cigarettes are actually healthy and sodas keep you slim. Transfats are good in large quantities to avoid heart attacks and asprin should never be taken under any circumstance.

Parkbandit
09-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Amazing. Only a fucking idiot would associate universal health care with death.

Amazing. Only a fucking idiot would associate "death" with what the story is about.. "Patients with terminal illnesses are being made to die prematurely under an NHS scheme to help end their lives, leading doctors have warned. "

The quoted part is the 2nd sentence into the article.. obviously you didn't get that far.

Cephalopod
09-04-2009, 02:41 PM
http://imgur.com/i5CRV.jpg

Jorddyn
09-04-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm more concerned with the non-terminal-becoming-terminal than the terminal-becoming dead, quite honestly.

Parkbandit
09-04-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm more concerned with the non-terminal-becoming-terminal than the terminal-becoming dead, quite honestly.

Then you should be against any government run healthcare system... unless you want to see cancer survivability rates soar compared to what we are experiencing currently in this country.

Parkbandit
09-04-2009, 03:44 PM
http://imgur.com/i5CRV.jpg

Holy shit.. that's hilarious.

Jorddyn
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Then you should be against any government run healthcare system... unless you want to see cancer survivability rates soar compared to what we are experiencing currently in this country.

Um.

That's kind of the result I'm hoping for.

waywardgs
09-04-2009, 04:00 PM

I'd love to see cancer survivability rates soar. Wouldn't you?

Parkbandit
09-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Um.

That's kind of the result I'm hoping for.

Yea.. obviously I misspoke.

But hey.. you keep on Hoping about things.. maybe they will come true, despite the reality that the US currently has the best survivability rates when it comes to breast and prostate cancer.

Jorddyn
09-04-2009, 04:44 PM

But hey.. you keep on Hoping about things.. maybe they will come true, despite the reality that the US currently has the best survivability rates when it comes to breast and prostate cancer.

Are you cherry picking diseases? Or is this a trend across all of the diseases with the highest general mortality?

StrayRogue
09-04-2009, 05:01 PM

Pwned.

Jorddyn
09-04-2009, 06:40 PM
An interesting read on this (http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/cancer-health-disparities/disparities) site. It talks about the disparaties in survival rates between races and location, and specifically states lack of screen, lack of access to physicians, and lack of insurance as the disparity in mortality rates.

Parkbandit
09-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Pwned.

More fool you.