PDA

View Full Version : Activist Judge Endangers Homeland Security

ClydeR
08-30-2009, 03:07 PM
A judge on Wednesday struck down a 2006 state law that required the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security to stress “dependence on Almighty God as being vital to the security of the commonwealth.”

Franklin Circuit Judge Thomas Wingate ruled that the law violated the First Amendment’s protection against the establishment of a state religion. Homeland Security officials have been required for three years to credit “Almighty God” in their official reports and post a plaque with similar language at the state’s Emergency Operations Center in Frankfort.

More... (http://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com/2009/08/26/judge-homeland-security-cant-require-dependence-on-god/)

No matter how careful government officials are, there's no way we can prevent all terrorist attacks. Just look at how hard President George W. Bush tried to prevent terrorist attacks before 9/11, even though he was ultimately unsuccessful. Taking God out of the equation gives people the wrong impression that we can protect ourselves.

Gan
08-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Riner said Wednesday that he is unhappy with the judge’s ruling. The way he wrote the law, he said, it did not mandate that Kentuckians depend on God for their safety, it simply acknowledged that government without God cannot protect its citizens.
Seriously?

Who's going to protect the citizens from their government?

Sylvan Dreams
08-30-2009, 04:26 PM
As a former Ky state worker, I have to say it's a good change. People should not be forced to participate in any sort of relgious activity, and the religion does not have a place in government.

Gelston
08-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Seriously?

Who's going to protect the citizens from their government?

Smith & Wesson.

Gan
08-30-2009, 06:33 PM
But guns kill people!

Tea & Strumpets
08-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Homeland Security officials have been required for three years to credit “Almighty God” in their official reports

Really? You're such a retard.

Deathravin
08-30-2009, 07:05 PM
But guns kill people!

Gun's don't kill people... I kill people... With Guns... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC03hmS1Brk)

4a6c1
08-30-2009, 07:49 PM
I vote he is a GS player and the tiger is his familiar.

Rocktar
08-30-2009, 10:05 PM
But guns kill people!

No, guns don't kill people, blood loss, shock and massive trauma kill people. Remember, gun control means using both hands and hitting what you aim at.

4a6c1
08-30-2009, 11:46 PM
GOD. I'm so sick of partisan bullshit. Cant we just get a normal eco-friendly, organically grown, vegan, pro-life, feminist, humanitarian, patriotic, gun-friendly, god-fearing, conservative moderate Republican in the White House already?

It's not too much to ask, right? RIGHT?!

/end bimonthly i-hate-politics moment

Gelston
08-31-2009, 12:24 AM
You can all elect me. Christopher Walken Will be my running mate.

Ashlander
08-31-2009, 08:05 AM
You can all elect me. Christopher Walken Will be my running mate.

If you can promise me more videos of him dancing you have my vote.

Gelston
08-31-2009, 11:27 AM
That can be arranged.

ClydeR
08-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Really? You're such a retard.

Oh yeah? You think it's just a coincidence that there were no terrorist attacks during those three years?