PDA

View Full Version : Obama says, "Give it to me!"

ClydeR
07-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Now, my administration has a job to do, as well, and that job is to get this economy back on its feet. That's my job. (Applause.) And it's a job I gladly accept. I love these folks who helped get us in this mess and then suddenly say, well, this is Obama's economy. That's fine. Give it to me. (Applause.) My job is to solve problems, not to stand on the sidelines and harp and gripe. (Applause.)

More... (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-the-President-on-the-American-Graduation-Initiative-in-Warren-MI/)

Many of us have correctly pointed out how ridiculous it is for Obama to try to blame President Bush for the current economy, even though it's Obama who is the President. Obama apparently agrees with us. In his speech on Tuesday quoted above, Obama finally said he will accept responsibility.

I'm going to start watching the economy closely.

Parkbandit
07-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey, if he can actually give a speech about the economy without saying the word "inherited" or "previous administration".. I'll start buying that he actually believes it.

Obviously he has been getting polling data showing him as being viewed as a little crybaby for constantly and consistently blaming someone else for what is going on. I, for one, am glad he has finally started to accept his role in this mess.

AnticorRifling
07-16-2009, 11:12 AM
He should right a letter:

Dear Bill Clinton,

You mother fucker.

Signed
BHO

That's the administration we're blaming for starting this snowball downhill right?

Neo
07-16-2009, 11:15 AM
He should right a letter:

Dear Bill Clinton,

You mother fucker.

Signed
BHO

That's the administration we're blaming for starting this snowball downhill right?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Cephalopod
07-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey, if he can actually give a speech about the economy without saying the word "inherited" or "previous administration"..

I'd be happy with one speech without the phrase "now let me be clear".