PDA

View Full Version : Obama bows to a foreign head of state?

TheRunt
04-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm just a bit pissed at this. His wife give the Queen of England a pat on the back but he bows down to the King of Saudi Arabia? :wtf: Doesn't that signify subservience?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S60U-hl35Gw
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=93696

BriarFox
04-03-2009, 04:17 PM
I have no idea of the context here and don't really care, but in many cultures bowing is simply a sign of mutual respect.

holocene
04-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Both Bushes kissed the King Saud if that makes any difference....

TheSmooth1
04-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm just a bit pissed at this. His wife give the Queen of England a pat on the back but he bows down to the King of Saudi Arabia? :wtf: Doesn't that signify subservience?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S60U-hl35Gw
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=93696

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1888962,00.html?cnn=yes

Other than that, I imagine the bow was just a show of respect.

Jorddyn
04-03-2009, 04:53 PM

This is obviously step 2 in handing American over to Islam. Step 1, only slightly more complicated, was getting a black man from a middle-American state elected president.

thefarmer
04-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Barack Hussein Obama is really Barack HUSSEIN OSAMA

Latrinsorm
04-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Obama's pastor is RACIST.

Mtenda
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Barack Hussein Obama is really Barack HUSSEIN OSAMA

You mean IRAQ HUSSEIN OSAMA.

thefarmer
04-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Obama's ayatollah is RACIST.

Fixed

Solkern
04-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Obama doesn't care about black people.

Jorddyn
04-03-2009, 05:16 PM
I feel much better now that we're all sufficiently panicky.

Gan
04-03-2009, 08:06 PM
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!11111

Back
04-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Not only that, but Cheney and McCain did the same and all of them held his hand when they walked together.

Parkbandit
04-03-2009, 10:40 PM

:rofl:

I knew someone would post this as soon as I read the first post.. though I'll admit holocene wasn't the first one that came to mind.

Parkbandit
04-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Not only that, but Cheney and McCain did the same and all of them held his hand when they walked together.

:rofl: x100

That's fucking awesome.

Now THAT was predictable.

Tisket
04-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm just a bit pissed at this. His wife give the Queen of England a pat on the back but he bows down to the King of Saudi Arabia?

Not only that but they only give the Queen of England an IPOD?!? Come on...they should have given her the island of Manhattan at the very least. Fucking hicks.

(We need a remedial class in the appropriate use of italics when posting on the PC. I get confused.)

Back
04-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Not only that but they only give the Queen of England an IPOD?!? Come on...they should have given her the island of Manhattan at the very least. Fucking hicks.

(We need a remedial class in the appropriate use of italics when posting on the PC. I get confused.)

Give the Queen a goose. She’ll remember that!

diethx
04-03-2009, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Tisket has given a queen a goose.

Back
04-04-2009, 12:01 AM
:rofl: x100

That's fucking awesome.

Now THAT was predictable.

What?

That people remember?

Or that you are going to try and rewrite history and try and denigrate people like me for having a current memory?

Back
04-04-2009, 12:31 AM
http://www.greatdreams.com/political/bush_saudi.jpg

http://blogs.e-rockford.com/applesauce/files/2008/04/6a00d83451581569e200e54f9d2a408834-800wi.jpg

Back
04-04-2009, 12:45 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Tisket has given a queen a goose.

I think any of us from the PC would. Ya know. Just for kicks.

Tsa`ah
04-04-2009, 02:54 AM
I thought he was selling us off, piece by piece, to China.

Faent
04-04-2009, 03:17 PM
:rofl: x100 That's fucking awesome. Now THAT was predictable.

Been smoking crack or something?

Kembal
04-04-2009, 03:29 PM
No, I get what PB is saying. There was no need to argue back with the opposite partisan viewpoint (Bush and Cheney did it too!!!11!). Just making fun of the concept that "Obama bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia and thus it means subservience!!11!" would've been enough.

Back
04-04-2009, 03:34 PM
No, I get what PB is saying. There was no need to argue back with the opposite partisan viewpoint (Bush and Cheney did it too!!!11!). Just making fun of the concept that "Obama bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia and thus it means subservience!!11!" would've been enough.

I disagree. Wholeheartedly.

And I think this finger pointing game is tired.

Parkbandit
04-04-2009, 09:48 PM
What?

That people remember?

Or that you are going to try and rewrite history and try and denigrate people like me for having a current memory?

No.. that your first comment regarding Obama would be "BUT BUSH DID WORSE!!"

It was predictable because it's always your first instinct.

Also, it's blissfully ignorant that you somehow think it was something sexual or gay for Bush to hold the guy's hand or kiss his cheek.

Parkbandit
04-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Been smoking crack or something?

It went over your head (as usual).. please don't strain that which you clearly never had.

Hey.. how's that paper coming along?

:rofl:

holocene
04-04-2009, 10:13 PM

Also, it's blissfully ignorant that you somehow think it was something sexual or gay for Bush to hold the guy's hand or kiss his cheek.

Actually my point in pointing this out was how absurd the whole concept was...I mean, if the conservatives heroes did things that are equally mockable and inscrutable to the ignorant, that's often the best way to shut them up.

Parkbandit
04-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Actually my point in pointing this out was how absurd the whole concept was...I mean, if the conservatives heroes did things that are equally mockable and inscrutable to the ignorant, that's often the best way to shut them up.

Yes.. because it's far more important to "show them" that you can be equally ignorant of cultural customs.

Wow, you win!

Stanley Burrell
04-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't think it's that big of a deal. If the Shogun ninja Lord of Japan was here, maybe I'd expect him to shake hands, as is customary on our turf. But, if our president is in Japan, maybe he can swing a Samurai sword and jumpkick mofos.

Faent
04-05-2009, 03:47 AM
Hey.. how's that paper coming along :rofl:

Better than your life.

Daniel
04-05-2009, 04:46 AM

Well. I think the point is that Democrats weren't throwing a bitch fit when Bush kissed a man on the mouth, yet here are the same rabid republicans jumping Obama's shit because he's somehow disrepected America by showing someone else some respect.

Gan
04-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Bush kissed a man on the mouth?

:wtf:

Parkbandit
04-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Better than your life.

Unlikely. I'm quite content with my life.

Got a link for that published work yet?

Parkbandit
04-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Well. I think the point is that Democrats weren't throwing a bitch fit when Bush kissed a man on the mouth, yet here are the same rabid republicans jumping Obama's shit because he's somehow disrepected America by showing someone else some respect.

Wait.. so there was never any rabid democrats jumping Bush's shit because he somehow disrespected America by showing someone else some respect?

I'm pretty sure my view about the situation was consistent between the Presidents.

Daniel
04-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Source.

Latrinsorm
04-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Bush kissed a man on the mouth?

:wtf:Not only a man, but an ARAB, so probably a TURRIST.!!!!!.

One of the things I always liked about Bush was that for all his alleged cowboyism he repeatedly demonstrated an awareness of and sensitivity to other cultures. Maybe it's a Texas* thing, being right next to a furrin country.

*Referring to those Texans who aren't slobbering idiots, of course.

Tisket
04-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I just gave Latrin his first glowy bubble.

Sean of the Thread
04-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Lol all this bitching about a simple bow but not a word about him giving the Queen a fucking IPOD?

(hush up apple stock owners rofl)

Tisket
04-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I've already said that he should have given her Central Park at the very least.

Gan
04-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Not only a man, but an ARAB, so probably a TURRIST.!!!!!.

One of the things I always liked about Bush was that for all his alleged cowboyism he repeatedly demonstrated an awareness of and sensitivity to other cultures. Maybe it's a Texas* thing, being right next to a furrin country.

*Referring to those Texans who aren't slobbering idiots, of course.

LOL

Yea, we're a big state, so we have our share of mouth breathers...

CrystalTears
04-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Lol all this bitching about a simple bow but not a word about him giving the Queen a fucking IPOD?

They were a few months short, as I believe one of her grandsons had gotten her one. :D

Parkbandit
04-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Source.

It would be your burden to prove.. since you were attempting to link me with the "Rabid Republicans"

A simple apology from you will do though.

Parkbandit
04-06-2009, 07:38 AM

But.. didn't that iPod have all of his greatest speeches on it? I just hope he gave credit where credit was due: his teleprompter.

Xaerve
04-06-2009, 08:35 AM
I think I'll throw down my vote for most worthless PC thread of the year on this one.

LOL @ being pissed.

Ignot
04-06-2009, 08:52 AM
I think I'll throw down my vote for most worthless PC thread of the year on this one.

LOL @ being pissed.

Good choice but it's still early in the year! This thread had a slight comical vibe up until PB came in and took it way to personally. Then it just became hilarious. I can't wait for his response to this! :popcorn:

Tsa`ah
04-06-2009, 09:22 AM

The significance of the gift is what was on the ipod. Her ipod is also close to 5 years old.

Yet for all the uproar over "bad gifts" ... the outlets aren't putting the emphasis on original and signed Gershwin sheet music.

Parkbandit
04-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Good choice but it's still early in the year! This thread had a slight comical vibe up until PB came in and took it way to personally. Then it just became hilarious. I can't wait for his response to this! :popcorn:

It doesn't come close to the hilarity of this thread:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=41419

Where we got priceless meltdowns like this:

Fine! You political thread people win. I can't take anymore.

PS - I can't wait for his response to this! :popcorn:

TheRunt
04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
The significance of the gift is what was on the ipod. Her ipod is also close to 5 years old.

Yet for all the uproar over "bad gifts" ... the outlets aren't putting the emphasis on original and signed Gershwin sheet music.

Agreed, the ipod while not a "standard" gift did show some forethought, when I first heard he gave her a ipod I was like :wtf: until I did a bit more checking into it. And the sheet music was nice.

Rocktar
04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
I have to say, this one had more thought than some DVD's and cheap plastic toy AirForce One helicopters.

Ignot
04-06-2009, 09:16 PM
It doesn't come close to the hilarity of this thread:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=41419

Where we got priceless meltdowns like this:

PS - I can't wait for his response to this! :popcorn:

You call that a meltdown? You are one sensitive he/she. C'mon get the last word, I know you can't control yourself.

Parkbandit
04-06-2009, 10:18 PM
You call that a meltdown? You are one sensitive he/she. C'mon get the last word, I know you can't control yourself.

Hey.. it's a political thread and Ingot's contribution is once again nothing.

What a surprise!

But hey.. c'mon pussy. Get the last word. I await your witty response of either calling me gay or a girl.. because that stuff never, ever gets old from you. Really.

Parkbandit
04-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I didn't care that Obama bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia.. big deal... but WTF are they thinking by denying that it happened?

The White House is denying that the president bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at a G-20 meeting in London, a scene that drew criticism on the right and praise from some Arab outlets.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," said an Obama aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The Washington Times called the alleged bow a "shocking display of fealty to a foreign potentate" and said it violated centuries of American tradition of not deferring to royalty. The Weekly Standard, meanwhile, noted that American protocol apparently rules out bowing, or at least it reportedly did on the occasion of a Clinton "near-bow" to the emperor of Japan.

Interestingly, a columnist in the Saudi-backed Arabic paper Asharq Alawsat also took the gesture as a bow and appreciated the move.

"Obama wished to demonstrate his respect and appreciation of the personality of King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, who has made one of the most important calls in the modern era, namely the call for inter-faith and inter-cultural dialogue to defuse the hatred, conflict and wars," wrote the columnist, Muhammah Diyab.

The video shows Obama dipping toward the king as G-20 leaders greet one another at the ExCel Centre in London.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S60U-hl35Gw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Epolitico%2Ecom%2Fblogs%2Fb ensmith%2F0409%2FWhite%5FHouse%5FNo%5Fbow%5Fto%5FS audi%2Ehtml&feature=player_embedded