PDA

View Full Version : New shoes?

Nieninque
12-14-2008, 03:01 PM
LAWLS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7782422.stm

Skeeter
12-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Great now the next President Bush will start another Iraq war.

Sean of the Thread
12-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Dumb

I hope dipshit enjoys his jail time.

Nieninque
12-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Dumb

I hope dipshit enjoys his jail time.

Wow, you Americans have no sole.

ClydeR
12-14-2008, 04:12 PM
"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city." Matthew 10:14-15

Gan
12-14-2008, 04:39 PM
LOL

Reminds me of the Bill Cosby shoe skit on one of his early comedy albums.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-14-2008, 06:02 PM
I thought Bush handled it really well (his comments later in the clip). Plus, the first shoe would have brained him if he didn't have those catlike reflexes... I bet he's got a reflex enhancive.

Sean of the Thread
12-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Reminded me of ODDJOB throwing his shoe in Austin Powers.

Actually I was rather impressed at his dodging ability.

droit
12-14-2008, 06:12 PM
It's as if he thinks someone is out to get him...

Tisket
12-14-2008, 06:14 PM
None of his Secret Service dudes took the shoe for him.

droit
12-14-2008, 06:18 PM
What if that shoe had explosives in its heel?!? I never thought I'd see the day when Airline Security would be vindicated.

Drunken Durfin
12-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Reminded me of ODDJOB throwing his shoe in Austin Powers.

I believe that the Austin Powers guy was Random Task. Odd Job was the old Bond villain with the hat.

Sean of the Thread
12-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Correct.

Random Task was a knock off of Odd Job thus why I confused them. Touche sir.

ClydeR
12-14-2008, 07:37 PM
None of his Secret Service dudes took the shoe for him.

I noticed that too! It was like they didn't even rush up there to protect him.

Stanley Burrell
12-14-2008, 10:24 PM
LAWLS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7782422.stm

Too bad there wasn't an explosive device in his shoe.

Clove
12-15-2008, 08:56 AM
None of his Secret Service dudes took the shoe for him.He got off two shots too.

Clove
12-15-2008, 09:04 AM
If you can dodge a shoe, you can dodge a ball.

Sean of the Thread
12-15-2008, 09:31 AM
I noticed that too! It was like they didn't even rush up there to protect him.

That's a stretch and quite the insult towards the SS.

Another odd duck
12-15-2008, 09:58 AM
>That's a stretch and quite the insult towards the SS.<

If the shoe fits........

Clove
12-15-2008, 09:59 AM
That's a stretch and quite the insult towards the SS.Well, if the shoe fits...

Clove
>That's a stretch and quite the insult towards the SS.<

If the shoe fits........God damn you.

CrystalTears
Who throws a shoe? Honestly.

g++
12-15-2008, 10:23 AM

My father raised two children with thrown shoes as his only motivational tool. I mean obviously he did a terrible job though.

TheEschaton
12-15-2008, 10:27 AM
I was rather impressed by Dubya's abilities to dodge shoes, though. And yeah, how come the catcher wasn't catching the shoes?

Cephalopod
12-15-2008, 10:32 AM
SHOE ON HEAD! SHOE ON HEAD!

Stanley Burrell
12-15-2008, 01:05 PM

Shagadellic.

Um. I guess if the president was near me and I was wearing my normal attire, the lumpiest, most impactful object I could throw at that motherfucker would be my size 9 and a half. Throwing my shirt or man-panties might give the wrong message about my support for the president.

Also, :rofl: at the bullshit about how this was a deep philosophical endeavor into the art of shoe-throwing as a mechanism of Arabic historical symbolic gesture. The motherfucker threw his shoe at the dumbass that is our president. He didn't consult the Koran first. Or literature on Iraqi social interactions via Nike shoes.

Rofl @ Bush's dodge the second there was movement.

Man, I'd expect assassination attempts every nanoseconds if I were King George II. Although, he probably doesn't consciously realize what his impacts on ...anything... have been. And why shoe-dodging should be the least of his problems.

Probably hit the deck if I lit off an M-80 in Crawford. I am sure he learned anti-WMD duck-and-cover employed in the elite Texas Air National Guard.

CrazyEyesMcKinney
12-15-2008, 02:29 PM

THAT REALLY HURT!

The only time you should use a shoe as a weapon is when you're slapping someone with it.

ClydeR
12-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Shagadellic.

Somebody made a video of the incident (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B02F839-lLY) set to the music of Liam Kyle Sullivan's transvestite video about shoe shopping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA).

Warning - The music contains profanity.

Sean of the Thread
12-15-2008, 02:34 PM
That video is pretty boring.

CrazyEyesMcKinney
12-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Somebody made a video of the incident (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B02F839-lLY) set to the music of Liam Kyle Sullivan's transvestite video about shoe shopping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA).

Warning - The music contains profanity.

OMG SHOES!

ClydeR
12-15-2008, 02:41 PM

There's a whole article on it in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_tossing). Shoe tossing is a sport in New Zealand. And you may have seen a shoe tree before. It's sort of like a bottle tree but not as pretty.

DeV
12-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Who throws a shoe? Honestly.To add, who throws a shoe that badly? Terrible aim.

ClydeR
12-15-2008, 02:45 PM
After reading this whole thread again, I have concluded that Tisket made the best point, as if often the case, when (s)he noted the poor performance of the Secret Service. The Secret Service snipers should have taken him down before he had a chance to get off a second shoe toss.

CrystalTears
12-15-2008, 02:51 PM
There's a whole article on it in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_tossing). Shoe tossing is a sport in New Zealand. And you may have seen a shoe tree before. It's sort of like a bottle tree but not as pretty.
*sigh* I hate when people miss the joke. It's like you're doing it on purpose to drive me nuts. And being that it's you and this persona has no funny bone posting-wise, you sicken me.

Parkbandit
12-15-2008, 03:25 PM
To add, who throws a shoe that badly? Terrible aim.

I don't know.. the first shoe would have nailed Bush in the face had Bush not ducked out of the way. Pretty good aim, all things considering.

What a difference a few years makes... pretty sure the journalist wouldn't have been able to do this with Saddam in power.. without getting tortured and his family all raped and killed.

Enjoy your freedom to protest that which you disagree with.

Drunken Durfin
12-15-2008, 04:12 PM
What a difference a few years makes... pretty sure the journalist wouldn't have been able to do this with Saddam in power.. without getting tortured and his family all raped and killed.

Enjoy your freedom to protest that which you disagree with.

I am pretty sure that he overstepped the "freedom to protest" line when he let go of the shoe. Assault and attempted battery of the U.S. President, even in a foreign country, is not usually shrugged off. Family raped and killed, no, but he might get a nice vacation trip out of the deal.

Interesting Arabic factoid:

"In Arab culture, throwing a shoe or striking someone with one is the ultimate form of contempt."

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/12/15/bush.afghanistan/?imw=Y&iref=mpstoryemail#cnnSTCText

DeV
12-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't know.. the first shoe would have nailed Bush in the face had Bush not ducked out of the way. Pretty good aim, all things considering.

I set the bar pretty high as it relates to disgruntled shoe tossing Iraqis. In a country where throwing shoes is one of the ultimate gestures of disrespect, barely hitting is just not good enough.

No one told Cheney to train Bush in cat-like reflexes anyway.

Pelor
12-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Bastard is at least doubling in dodge... hurmm.

Keller
12-15-2008, 06:57 PM
I believe that the Austin Powers guy was Random Task. Odd Job was the old Bond villain with the hat.

Random Task, aka Joe Son, was also an MMA fighter who was repeatedly punched in the testicles and now faces charges in CA stemming from a gang rape in which he allegedly inserted the barrel of a gun into a woman's asshole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Son

Ravenstorm
12-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Bush helps create new jobs. (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=auI050ptHyPg)

ClydeR
12-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Bush helps create new jobs. (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=auI050ptHyPg)

They can but it all they want in the Middle East, but it should be illegal to import it into this country.

Parkbandit
12-22-2008, 08:49 AM
They can but it all they want in the Middle East, but it should be illegal to import it into this country.

Did you learn nothing from Ashliana?

Keller
12-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Did you learn nothing from Ashliana?

You recognize that you're at least twice as pathetic for chasing a satirical character around the forum trying to make snarky comments towards him than he is for just being his fake self, right?

CrystalTears
12-22-2008, 10:42 AM
You recognize that you're at least twice as pathetic for chasing a satirical character around the forum trying to make snarky comments towards him than he is for just being his fake self, right?Are you referring to ClydeR or It? :D

Parkbandit
12-22-2008, 10:56 AM
You recognize that you're at least twice as pathetic for chasing a satirical character around the forum trying to make snarky comments towards him than he is for just being his fake self, right?

As much as you realize you're at least twelve times as pathetic for chasing someone who has you on ignore around the forum, trying to make snarky comments towards him?

Tell you what pussy.. let's count how many times I've chased ClydeR vs how many times you've chased me. I'll bet you whatever you have you've chased me far more... and still do.

Poor bastard. I guess when Monkey wasn't able to get you into the guild, it really, really upset you. Here.. have a crying towel fuckface:

http://www.dh-stores.com/merchant/4/images/sml-637.jpg

CrystalTears
12-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Except that for someone having another on ignore, you manage to respond to him anyway. Granted I quoted him, but if you're really ignoring him, just do it. You fall into this trap every time.

Parkbandit
12-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Except that for someone having another on ignore, you manage to respond to him anyway. Granted I quoted him, but if you're really ignoring him, just do it. You fall into this trap every time.

There's no trap that I fell into. I saw a stupid quote from a very stupid person and decided to respond to it. He's my personal Humphrey.

http://www.prezziesplus.co.uk/user/products/lg-humphrey-the-humping-do.jpg

I should feel flattered someone would want to gain my attention at every opportunity.. but it's actually creepy and very Backlash like at this point.

Keller
12-22-2008, 12:24 PM
As much as you realize you're at least twelve times as pathetic for chasing someone who has you on ignore around the forum, trying to make snarky comments towards him?

Tell you what pussy.. let's count how many times I've chased ClydeR vs how many times you've chased me. I'll bet you whatever you have you've chased me far more... and still do.

Poor bastard. I guess when Monkey wasn't able to get you into the guild, it really, really upset you. Here.. have a crying towel fuckface:

http://www.dh-stores.com/merchant/4/images/sml-637.jpg

Oh Mikey, I will never tire of getting under your skin. It's like your my very predictible, slightly-Trig-Palin little brother.

I can see your pudgy little ugly face getting all sorts of contorted as you think of the next comment to add to the jpeg you found.

:love: you! Don't ever go away, k?

Allereli
02-19-2009, 11:04 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/02/19/iraq.shoe.thrower/index.html

Iraqi shoe thrower: Bush's 'soulless smile' set me off

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Muntadher al-Zaidi, the Iraqi journalist on trial for throwing his shoes last year at then-President George W. Bush, said the former American leader's "bloodless and soulless smile" and his joking banter provoked him.

Al-Zaidi threw both of his shoes at Bush during a December news conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in Baghdad. Neither shoe hit the president, and other people in the room quickly knocked al-Zaidi to the ground before security officials arrested him.

He explained his actions in an hour-long appearance on Thursday at the Central Criminal Court of Iraq. Asked if anyone pushed or motivated him to do this, al-Zaidi said he was spurred on by the "violations that are committed against the Iraqi people."

"I could only see Bush and feel the blood of the innocents flow under his feet, as he was smiling that smile -- as if he had come to bid farewell to Iraq and with the last support and more than 1 million martyrs," al-Zaidi said. "At that moment, I felt this is the man who killed our nation ... the main murderer and the main person responsible for killing our nation." Watch more on the trial &#187;

Speaking in his first public appearance since his arrest two months ago, al-Zaidi told the court he "got emotional and threw the shoe at him" and "the second one was involuntary."

"I had no intention to kill the commander of the occupying forces ... even if I had a weapon ... I was expressing my inner feelings and those of all the Iraqi people from east to west and north to south and the feelings of hatred they hold for him," he said.

Al-Zaidi told the judge that he had intended to humiliate Bush in the past. As Bush listed the gains made in Iraq during the mid-December news conference, al-Zaidi said he was thinking about the millions of civilians who had been killed, widowed or displaced. He talked about the sanctity of mosques being violated, the rape of women and daily humiliations.

"I don't know what accomplishments he was talking about. The accomplishments I could see were the more than 1 million martyrs and a sea of blood," al-Zaidi said. "There are more than 5 million Iraqi orphans because of the occupation. ... More than a million widows and more than 3 million displaced because of the occupation."

Al-Zaidi also said he was beaten up in front of the prime minister and the world when he was taken from the room where the press conference was held.

The trial will resume March 12 while the court asks the Cabinet to clarify whether Bush's visit was official or not. Al-Zaidi is charged with "assaulting a foreign head of state on an official visit to Iraq."

In December, al-Zaidi's defense team filed an appeal requesting the charge be changed from "assaulting" to "insulting." According to the Iraqi penal code, anyone who assaults a foreign head of state is punished by "imprisonment for a term of years," with the court deciding the sentence.

Lawyer Dhiyaa al-Saadi told CNN in December that his client could face 15 years in jail if convicted. Watch more on the incident &#187;

On the other hand, insulting a foreign head of state is punishable by a two-year prison sentence and a fine.

Dressed in an olive-green suit and black shoes, al-Zaidi entered the courthouse to loud applause and cheers.

Some family members and supporters, who were waiting outside, draped an Iraqi flag around his neck.

A woman in the crowd shouted, "You hero!" His 6-year-old nephew, Haidar, stood outside the courtroom reciting the poem "Throw the shoe ... at the vampire."

As he left, the crowd pressed forward to get close to al-Zaidi, who waved as he was led away.

Earlier, lawyer al-Saadi told the al-Baghdadia television network that his client's "morale is high." Al-Baghdadia is the journalist's employer and has been calling for his release.

By tradition, throwing a shoe is the most insulting act in the Arab world.

His angry gesture touched a defiant nerve throughout the Arab and Muslim world. He is regarded by many people as a hero, and demonstrators have taken to the streets in the Arab world demanding that he be set free.

CNN's Jomana Karadsheh contributed to this report.