PDA

View Full Version : Students chant 'Assassinate Obama' on school bus

Cephalopod
11-12-2008, 10:09 PM
REXBURG - Controversial words spoken by kids on a school bus have some Madison County parents concerned.

Matthew Whoolery and his wife aren't blaming the school district for what happened on the bus but they do think all parents need to be careful about what they say and teach their children.

Whoolery and his wife couldn't believe it when their second and third graders got off the bus last week and told them what other students were saying.

"They just hadn't heard anything like this before," said Whoolery. "They were chanting on the bus, 'Assassinate Obama. Assassinate Obama.' Then adding in a name sometimes of a classmate on the bus, 'Assassinate Obama and Kate.'"

The Whoolery's explained to their kids what assassinate means then contacted the school about what was happening.

"I think the thing that struck us was just like, 'Where did they get the word and why would they put that word and that person together?'" said Whoolery.

It's not that the Whoolery's are big Obama fans they just don't like people joking about a serious matter concerning any leader of the country.

"I'm assuming if it were, 'Assassinate McCain' you'd feel the same way?" asked reporter Nate Eaton.

"No question about it," replied Whoolery.

After the incident, the Madison School district superintendent sent an email to all teachers, principals, and bus drivers saying that all students should show proper respect for elected officials.

If a student does say something inappropriate, the adult is to calm them down and tell them the behavior is unacceptable.

"I don't think that the majority of people in Rexburg have extreme ideas like that but we were just surprised that it would go that far," said Whoolery.

The Whoolery's moved to Rexburg a year ago. They came from the Middle East where they lived for three years.

In all their time living there, they never heard any comments similar to these about any leaders there or here.

http://www.2news.tv/news/local/34274374.html

g++
11-12-2008, 10:14 PM
I feel so out of the loop, I have no idea what kids on school buses in my area are saying.

Gan
11-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Stupid is as stupid does.

Skeeter
11-12-2008, 11:14 PM
kids are so awesome.

Garnet Doyle
11-13-2008, 07:11 AM
I wonder what would happen if they were chanting bush instead of Obama.

I still remember hearing about the secret service raiding* the house of a guy who posted on an iraqi forum "They hung the wrong guy" when hussein got hung. I suppose you COULD crazily string it along he meant "Dey shoulda hung bush! yaryar!", or 98% of everyone with a brain could've thought he was referring to muqtada or any of the lunatic iraqi leaders who weren't in custody at the time.

*I call it a raid even if all they did was show up, enter his place, and go through his shit. Don't imagine 30 SS agents screaming "ON THE GROUND! GET DOWN! GET THE FUCK DOWN! DO IT NOW! DO IT NOW! MOVE YOUR HANDS AND DIE! GET ON THE GROUND!" while pointing assault rifles at this guy, if that's what you did.

Parkbandit
11-13-2008, 08:11 AM
I wonder what would happen if they were chanting bush instead of Obama.

I still remember hearing about the secret service raiding* the house of a guy who posted on an iraqi forum "They hung the wrong guy" when hussein got hung. I suppose you COULD crazily string it along he meant "Dey shoulda hung bush! yaryar!", or 98% of everyone with a brain could've thought he was referring to muqtada or any of the lunatic iraqi leaders who weren't in custody at the time.

*I call it a raid even if all they did was show up, enter his place, and go through his shit. Don't imagine 30 SS agents screaming "ON THE GROUND! GET DOWN! GET THE FUCK DOWN! DO IT NOW! DO IT NOW! MOVE YOUR HANDS AND DIE! GET ON THE GROUND!" while pointing assault rifles at this guy, if that's what you did.

Bush hates black people though.

Gan
11-13-2008, 08:15 AM
In my bus days, we always chanted "The Wall" by Pink Floyd...

(we dont need no education)

Parkbandit
11-13-2008, 08:34 AM
In my bus days, we always chanted "The Wall" by Pink Floyd...

(we dont need no education)

In my day, we didn't have buses. We walked or used a chariot.

:(

Nieninque
11-13-2008, 08:54 AM

Yeah right...like schools had been invented in your day...

RichardCranium
11-13-2008, 08:56 AM
What the fuck was the bus driver doing when all this was going down?

AnticorRifling
11-13-2008, 09:09 AM
What the fuck was the bus driver doing when all this was going down?
What every bus driver does. Fights the hangover and wishes for death.

RichardCranium
11-13-2008, 09:16 AM
What every bus driver does. Fights the hangover and wishes for death.

Is it bad that I immediately thought of Chris Farley when I read that?

Parkbandit
11-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Is it bad that I immediately thought of Chris Farley when I read that?

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee122/randeeisxF4NT4STIC/billy-madison.jpg

No, it's not.

Gan
11-13-2008, 09:34 AM

LOL

No, it was walking 10 miles in the snow, uphill. Both ways! Barefooted!

Jorddyn
11-13-2008, 09:38 AM
One of my mom's favorite stories is me coming home from Catholic School kindergarten on the bus after my first day, and telling her I learned all about my naughty finger.

Kids are dumb. Large groups of kids with minimal supervision are dumber. If these were 18 year olds who owned massive amounts of guns, I might be worried. They're second and third graders. It's a non-story.

Gelston
11-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Young children are easily influenced and will say shit without realizing WTF they are really saying.

Because children are stupid in many ways.

AnticorRifling
11-13-2008, 11:03 AM
ZOMG it's Hitler's youth part II!!!!one

AnticorRifling
11-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah I can make outrageous statements that we have no way of proving too.

You know if they were chanting assassinate Bush the secret service would have blown up the bus and we wouldn't have heard about it!

RichardCranium
11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Gotta love the difference between reactions in the various parties. The reaction to "assassinate Obama!" chanting in the MSM has been near-zero, because they're kids, probably didn't realize what they were saying, or the consequences of it.

Conversely, if they had been chanting "assassinate Palin!" two weeks ago, this would've been on the front page of the Drudge Report , the feature of 3 hours of Limbaugh broadcasts implying brainwashing campaigns of our youth.

sofa king wee todded

Gelston
11-13-2008, 11:24 AM
I'd say the same shit no matter who the fuck they were talking about. Kids dont have common sense yet. Hell, a good portion of grown adults seem to lack it too.