PDA

View Full Version : Bomb Iran?

ClydeR
11-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Do you think President Bush will launch a targeted military strike against Iran's nuclear facilities during the two and a half months after the election but before the new president is sworn in on January 20 of next year?

A poll.

Sean of the Thread
11-03-2008, 10:02 AM
DO EEEEET

Parkbandit
11-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Where is the option of "ClydeR is a fucking moron" in the poll.

I vote for that one.

ClydeR
11-03-2008, 12:01 PM
:)

Solkern
11-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Off topic, but..
Anyone listen to that beach boys song Barbara ann?
yeah everytime I hear that song, I hear bomb Iran

Jorddyn
11-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Off topic, but..
Anyone listen to that beach boys song Barbara ann?
yeah everytime I hear that song, I hear bomb Iran

... I wonder why.

RichardCranium
11-03-2008, 12:16 PM
I think we should go after whoever has the most oil.

Parkbandit
11-03-2008, 12:19 PM
... I wonder why.

BECAUSE MCCAIN R GONNA BOMB IRAN IF HE R ELECTED!!!

Jorddyn
11-03-2008, 12:22 PM
BECAUSE MCCAIN R GONNA BOMB IRAN IF HE R ELECTED!!!

No, because McCain R dumbass for singing that song.

ClydeR
11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Some facts to consider.

In late 2006, we sent two additional aircraft carrier groups to the Straits of Hormuz. The 5th Fleet (virtually a floating city armed to the teeth) is near the Straits of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf. We have established new air bases, including ground-based Stealth refueling stations, in Bulgaria and Romania, and we have manned those bases with several thousand personnel. We have installed missile defense systems in the Czech Republic and Poland, which could be used as a first attempt at defending Israel if Iran launches retaliatory missile strikes against Israel.

The White House, which was sounding a steady drumbeat of warnings to Iran, has been eerily silent on the subject for several months.

Bush's opportunities to build a legacy have dwindled since the economic meltdown. A last chance might be the disarming of Iran's nuclear ambitions.

I don't know if Bush will bomb Iran, but he has make preparations to do so, if he makes the decision. Bush might believe that he is doing the new president a favor by taking this action before the new president is sworn in.

Hulkein
11-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Where is the option of "ClydeR is a fucking moron" in the poll.

I vote for that one.

It's not really a moronic topic.

I think Israel might bomb Iran before Obama is sworn in (supposing he wins) but before Bush is out as Commander in Chief. Kind of forces the issue.

ClydeR
11-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I think Israel might bomb Iran before Obama is sworn in (supposing he wins) but before Bush is out as Commander in Chief. Kind of forces the issue.

The problem with that scenario is that Iran's nuclear facilities are in underground fortified positions. Israel does not appear to have the ability to destroy the underground facilities. The United States tested a Massive Ordinance Penetrator bomb last year that is probably capable of destroying Iran's underground facilities, and the United States has modified some of its bombers to carry the MOP.

An alternative would be for Israel to kill the Iranian personnel working on the project. If Israel and/or the United States can identify a camp or community near the underground facilities where the scientists and other personnel live, then Israel would have the capability of killing those individuals, which would set back Iran's program by several years. Because the possibility of killing the scientists, instead of destroying the underground facilities, has been discussed by the media, you have to assume that Iran has taken precautions to protect the scientists.

Gan
11-03-2008, 04:32 PM
No, because McCain R dumbass for singing that song.

agreed :yes: