PDA

View Full Version : VPs on Roe v. Wade

Keller
10-01-2008, 10:03 PM
What's the difference between a JD from Harvard and a 6yr BA in communications?

http://www.cbs.com/thunder/player/tv/video.php?pid=kmbZJiBysEZaxIgmdRiNHdo6IMUVVQB6&auto=1

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-01-2008, 10:05 PM
What's the difference between a JD from Harvard and a 6yr BA in communications?

http://www.cbs.com/thunder/player/tv/video.php?pid=kmbZJiBysEZaxIgmdRiNHdo6IMUVVQB6&auto=1

THIS IS SO SEXIST AND UNFAIR.

God damn "gotcha" journalists with their elitist, sexist questions.

diethx
10-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Jesus. Didn't any of McCain's people talk to her before picking her for the VP slot?

Jahira
10-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Wow. First time I actually decided to actually watch any Palin clips. I was very underimpressed

Sean of the Thread
10-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Dan Quayle jr. Poor McCain.

Mabus
10-01-2008, 10:34 PM
So you all disagreed with Federalism, States' Rights, Pro-life stance, or that she could possibly find other SCOTUS cases that could have issues that could violate Federalist principles?

I saw nothing wrong with the answer.

I guess you can find something if you are searching for it hard enough.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-01-2008, 10:35 PM
So you all disagreed with Federalism, States' Rights, Pro-life stance, or that she could possibly find other SCOTUS cases that could have issues that could violate Federalist principles?

:rofl:

Sean of the Thread
10-01-2008, 10:37 PM

Uhm she basically didn't have an answer for shit.

Keller
10-01-2008, 10:38 PM

Down 15% in Pennsylvania, I'd be grasping, too.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-01-2008, 10:41 PM
I don't know why she didn't bring up the Exxon Valdez ruling, which she said while she was a Governor she disagreed with.. given it directly affected Alaska.

Mabus
10-01-2008, 10:41 PM
:rofl:
Thank you for another issue filled post that answers the posed questions.

Perhaps if she would have watched FDR on TV in 1929 with Biden she would have better answered the question.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Down 15% in Pennsylvania, I'd be grasping, too.

No, it's pretty much split down the middle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkqosRiyYo

Jahira
10-01-2008, 10:45 PM
She should go back to beauty stuff or at least Alaska. I have lost all respect for her

diethx
10-01-2008, 10:56 PM
No, it's pretty much split down the middle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkqosRiyYo

We're sorry, this video is no longer available.

BOOOOOO

edit: nevermind, works now.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-01-2008, 10:58 PM
BOOOOOO

edit: nevermind, works now.

Yeah they're doing maintenance so there's some wonkiness.

Cephalopod
10-01-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm not going to say Biden comes off looking good in that interview, since he's always had a penchant for rambling and mis-speaking... but Palin comes off looking somewhat simple-minded and confused about some things she claims to have strong feelings about.

That's not 'finding something if you search for it hard enough', it's just right in front of you. Biden may be a rambling bozo some of the time, but Palin is Corky from "Life Goes On" all of the time unless she has a cue card.

g++
10-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Wow when couric said, you know right to privacy is the foundation of roe v wade you could kind of tell Palin still did not realize what she was talking about. Like not that she got caught with it, I could see her being like well I feel they are actually separate issues....but after she was caught contradicting herself she still had no idea what she was talking about, like to the point where I wonder if she even knows how the supreme court works. Wow.

Although Bidens response also pissed me off. If everything that could vaguely effect interstate commerce was a federal issue states could just be disbanded. I mean its great hes sticking up for battered women (Although Im guessing he just picked that issue because he thought it had the best chance of setting the precedent to drag shit into federal court) but he could probably find a way to do it that did not blow up states rights so It makes me think he was a prick then trying to back door state courts out of their right to decide the cases and hes a prick now for using his old test case issue to pander to women.

He isn't retarded though...so theres that..

Bothra
10-02-2008, 02:19 AM
Wow. First time I actually decided to actually watch any Palin clips. I was very underimpressed

Sadly enough this is one of her better answers. This was at least coherent compared to a lot of her other ramblings. She constructed complete, gramatically correct, intelligible sentences. Of course there is the issue of her not answering the question, but it's a start.

ElanthianSiren
10-02-2008, 04:31 AM
I always giggle at people who say they're for a "culture of life" yet they're synonymously for war. Is that like saying "I'm for a culture of life as long as I get to pick who I'm referring to?" Abortion is such a sound bite issue.

For McCain's sake, I hope she has a better showing at the debate, or perhaps they're making her look this green intentionally?

Warriorbird
10-02-2008, 04:45 AM
I'm for a culture of death.

:D

ElanthianSiren
10-02-2008, 05:16 AM
I'm for a culture of death.

:D

one of the many reasons I :heart: you. Not riding in on the sanctity of life BS lets you off the hook for homocidal rage.

I do agree with her regarding states rights, but since they're not going to repeal a whole HOST of SCOTUS decisions, I feel both sides just need to take the little cobbling of laws they agree with and cling to them like we PA residents cling to our guns...totally.

What makes me more uncomfortable with her answering this question was what she did with her body language, which has been pointed out already. You could almost see her searching her mind for the right response, wanting to argue, then not knowing what to do with regard to Couric. Then she makes it worse with "I want I want I want" more of an embrace of a "culture of life!" It just made her look really immature, since public servants are usually supposed to present (at least) the illusion of serving the public.

Back
10-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Katie Couric is starting to look like Tom Petty.

Sean of the Thread
10-02-2008, 08:00 AM
I always giggle at people who say they're for a "culture of life" yet they're synonymously for war. Is that like saying "I'm for a culture of life as long as I get to pick who I'm referring to?" Abortion is such a sound bite issue.

For McCain's sake, I hope she has a better showing at the debate, or perhaps they're making her look this green intentionally?

You mean like people who are against the war but support the all volunteer troops that fight it?

Daniel
10-02-2008, 08:56 AM

This has to be a joke post. I refuse to believe you seriously just said this.

Keller
10-02-2008, 08:57 AM
(Although Im guessing he just picked that issue because he thought it had the best chance of setting the precedent to drag shit into federal court)

That's already one of the most utilized justifications for federal legislation.

CrystalTears
10-02-2008, 08:57 AM

Don't you actually have to have an answer in order to find nothing wrong with it?

Just saying.

Clove
10-02-2008, 09:10 AM
That's already one of the most utilized justifications for federal legislation.Palin sucks at follow-up questions, though I didn't see anything wrong with a State's Rights opinion (but then I don't feel privacy is constitutionally protected either).

Biden was making me roll my eyes his interstate commerce rationalization.

I gave both answers C-.

Aside from being clueless with follow-up questions Palin's image in interviews lacks confidence and conviction. She comes off as a hockey mom not an executive.

Mabus
10-02-2008, 09:14 AM
This has to be a joke post. I refuse to believe you seriously just said this.

I found it a much more reasonable answer then Biden talking about FDR talking to people on the TV in 1929 while president.

I am sure you know FDR was not president in 1929, he was inaugurated in March of 1933 and, while there were experiments much earlier, broadcast TV did not take hold until the 1940's.

So a slightly evasive answer dealing with "which court cases do you not like so we can call you a conservative judge maker" is certainly less of a "gaffe" then Biden's answer.

But Biden gets a pass.

CrystalTears
10-02-2008, 09:16 AM
So basically you can't admit she said "blah blah blah I have no idea blah blah blah."

Clove
10-02-2008, 09:21 AM
I found it a much more reasonable answer then Biden talking about FDR talking to people on the TV in 1929 while president.

I am sure you know FDR was not president in 1929, he was inaugurated in March of 1933 and, while there were experiments much earlier, broadcast TV did not take hold until the 1940's.

So a slightly evasive answer dealing with "which court cases do you not like so we can call you a conservative judge maker" is certainly less of a "gaffe" then Biden's answer.

But Biden gets a pass.I heard his grandfather was at Buchenwald.

Sean of the Thread
10-02-2008, 09:27 AM
I heard his grandfather was at Buchenwald.

Probably as one of the guards.

Mabus
10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
So basically you can't admit she said "blah blah blah I have no idea blah blah blah."
If you admit Biden looked like a complete idiot during his interview while he made up an FDR story, sure.

At least she didn't lie with some outlandish story.

Mabus
10-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I heard his grandfather was at Buchenwald.
They use a French press there?

Clove
10-02-2008, 10:45 AM
They use a French press there?No they use gas injected pellets.

CrystalTears
10-02-2008, 10:53 AM
If you admit Biden looked like a complete idiot during his interview while he made up an FDR story, sure.
Frankly, I don't really like either one of the vice presidential candidates. I don't think Palin was a horrible choice, but I don't think she was the best choice either. And the more I see her, the more it bothers me how she just knows how to (kind of) bullshit her way through an answer.

I'll have a better understanding of them after tonight, I hope.

At least she didn't lie with some outlandish story.Oh okay, what a relief then. /smirks

TheEschaton
10-02-2008, 11:06 AM
I don't think Biden lied on the FDR thing, he just mispoke. Hey, you say we shouldn't count it when Bush misspeaks, what the hell!

Palin, however, didn't misspeak, she said nothing. Like someone mentioned previously, it seems she didn't even understand the connection between the right to privacy outlined in Roe v. Wade, whereas Biden seemed to at least have read the case.

As for the States Rights thing, I'd love to see her response to a state that consistently held up a woman's right to choose, and how she'd feel about that if she was VP. Or a state that allowed gay marriage.

As for the interstate commerce thing, I read VAWA, and yeah, it seems like a stretch, and not all that proximately related. However, you can sue for discrimination in federal court, and that's a private action which has been justified as "affecting interstate commerce", if you define commerce as the well-being of society in general. All in all, a workaround to actually pass legislation.

-TheE-

Clove
10-02-2008, 11:17 AM
As for the States Rights thing, I'd love to see her response to a state that consistently held up a woman's right to choose, and how she'd feel about that if she was VP. Or a state that allowed gay marriage.
-TheE-I thought she summed that up pretty succinctly. Maybe you just don't listen. She felt it was a State's Rights issue and I think it's safe to assume that she understands that not all States will decide the same.

She also said that in any executive capacity (including VP) she felt her responsibility would be to hold up the laws of the land.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK BARBARA STRIESAND GOD DAMN COCK ROCKET DOUCHE NOZZLING MOTHERFUCKING DICK STAIN NIPPLE TIPPING CUNT WASTING PROBLEM DO YOU HAVE WITH COMPREHENSION? AFJLJFSAL;FDLASKDJFL;SDAFJSAL;~!

Gan
10-02-2008, 11:20 AM
LOL Clove.

Damn.

Daniel
10-02-2008, 11:21 AM
I thought she summed that up pretty succinctly. Maybe you just don't listen. She felt it was a State's Rights issue and I think it's safe to assume that she understands that not all States will decide the same.

She also said that in any executive capacity (including VP) she felt her responsibility would be to hold up the laws of the land.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK BARBARA STRIESAND GOD DAMN COCK ROCKET DOUCHE NOZZLING MOTHERFUCKING DICK STAIN NIPPLE TIPPING CUNT WASTING PROBLEM DO YOU HAVE WITH COMPREHENSION? AFJLJFSAL;FDLASKDJFL;SDAFJSAL;~!

Rough day at the office man? Relax. It's almost the weekend.

Back
10-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Coffee does not help high blood pressure.

Parkbandit
10-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Not sure how you can claim Biden simply "misspoke" about seeing FDR on the TV on the date he offered... Since FDR wasn't the President and the use of Presidents using television to address the nation wouldn't happen for another 10 or so years.

Clove
10-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Coffee does not help high blood pressure.I can stop drinking coffee. You'll always be brain damaged.

TheEschaton
10-02-2008, 11:38 AM
He misspoke in two ways: FDR mainly used the radio to address the nation, and, while he was there for the RECOVERY of the crash of 29, he was not the President during that time.

The point is still the same - FDR led our country through a financial crisis with calm and panache.

TheEschaton
10-02-2008, 11:41 AM
And Clove, I'm simply saying that I don't believe her sincerity in the states right doctrine. After all, Bush was a states rights guy, and wanted to pass an amendment banning gay marriage.

Clove
10-02-2008, 11:45 AM
And Clove, I'm simply saying that I don't believe her sincerity in the states right doctrine. After all, Bush was a states rights guy, and wanted to pass an amendment banning gay marriage.Exactly. If she gives a bad answer she's stupid. If she gives a thoughtful answer, she's insincere; and lets not forget Bush, because Republican=Bush. No bias here.

Gan
10-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Exactly. If she gives a bad answer she's stupid. If she gives a thoughtful answer, she's insincere; and lets not forget Bush, because Republican=Bush. No bias here.

Biden gives a bad answer, he misspoke. Biden gives a thoughtful answer, he's sincere. Biden=Democrat=All is well with the world.

TheEschaton
10-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Ooooh, you got me, I doubt the sincerity of most of the beliefs Republicans claim to support. Big fucking surprise there.

Clove
10-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Ooooh, you got me, I doubt the sincerity of most of the beliefs Republicans claim to support. Big fucking surprise there.Because Democrats never lie or are insincere.

TheEschaton
10-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Not never, no, but much, much less.

Clove
10-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Not never, no, but much, much less.You're delusional.

Keller
10-02-2008, 12:06 PM
I thought she summed that up pretty succinctly. Maybe you just don't listen. She felt it was a State's Rights issue and I think it's safe to assume that she understands that not all States will decide the same.

Really? She said it was (1) a state's rights issue and (2) there was a federally protected right to privacy under the liberty clause.

So she said it was a state's issue and a federal issue. If you have a federally protected right then the state has no "issue" to decide with regard to that right.

Maybe she doesn't think her body is private; and I suspect many men would support her making it more public.

ElanthianSiren
10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
You mean like people who are against the war but support the all volunteer troops that fight it?

As long as you pay the amount of taxes you incur, you can be for the troops and against the war, so I don't see the connection.

Mabus
10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Really? She said it was (1) a state's rights issue and (2) there was a federally protected right to privacy under the liberty clause.

So she said it was a state's issue and a federal issue. If you have a federally protected right then the state has no "issue" to decide with regard to that right.

Maybe she doesn't think her body is private; and I suspect many men would support her making it more public.
One can believe in a right to privacy, and then still believe that "abortion rights" have nothing to do with privacy.

The two can be exclusive.

Keller
10-02-2008, 12:13 PM
One can believe in a right to privacy, and then still believe that "abortion rights" have nothing to do with privacy.

The two can be exclusive.

To bad she was not competent enough to articulate that.

Mabus
10-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Maybe she never caught FDR on TV in 1929.

Keller
10-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Maybe she never caught FDR on TV in 1929.

If you're going to repeat that in every post you should just include it in your signature.

Bobmuhthol
10-02-2008, 12:50 PM
I think you meant "what's the difference between a JD from Syracuse Law School and a BS in communications-journalism?"

Keller
10-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I think you meant "what's the difference between a JD from Syracuse Law School and a BS in communications-journalism?"

According to my wikipedia research that is correct.

Clove
10-02-2008, 01:04 PM

Maybe she doesn't think her body is private; and I suspect many men would support her making it more public.She didn't understand the implications of a Constitutional right to privacy on the topic. I don't know, maybe she misspoke.
Why should she have to? She said she believed it was a State's Rights issue and that States should decide. What confuses you and E about that?

Arguments about how privacy plays into it is... well, part of the debate now isn't it? Like I said I don't think she grasps the nuances of how a privacy effects the issue, but I don't know how much clearer she could have been about her opinion on where abortion rights should be.

g++
10-02-2008, 01:13 PM
She didn't understand the implications of a Constitutional right to privacy on the topic. I don't know, maybe she misspoke.

Well yah...thats acceptable if your ..my little sister..or some guy at the bar. This person happens to be running for vice president of the United States. I dont think its too much to ask that she understand the implications of the constitution. I mean you could fail the immigration test for not knowing shit like that.

Clove
10-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Well yah...thats acceptable if your ..my little sister..or some guy at the bar. This person happens to be running for vice president of the United States. I dont think its too much to ask that she understand the implications of the constitution. I mean you could fail the immigration test for not knowing shit like that.I didn't say she couldn't be criticized for that. I take exception to stupid-ass comments like "I wonder what she'd think if a State decided to uphold abortion rights." and then a tapdance like "well I don't think she's sincere because she's a Republican."

Well that, and aside from other issues such as is privacy really Constitutionally protected, and if so, do abortion rights involve privacy rights (or interstate Commerce).

Personally I think Biden answered as badly as Palin. But you know, he just misspoke.

Gan
10-02-2008, 01:27 PM
I didn't say she couldn't be criticized for that. I take exception to stupid-ass comments like "I wonder what she'd think if a State decided to uphold abortion rights." and then a tapdance like "well I don't think she's sincere because she's a Republican."

Well that, and aside from other issues such as is privacy really Constitutionally protected, and if so, do abortion rights involve privacy rights (or interstate Commerce).

Personally I think Biden answered as badly as Palin. But you know, he just misspoke.

You're obviously biased as a Republican.

Why do you have freedom and America so much?

Back
10-02-2008, 01:37 PM
I didn't say she couldn't be criticized for that. I take exception to stupid-ass comments like "I wonder what she'd think if a State decided to uphold abortion rights." and then a tapdance like "well I don't think she's sincere because she's a Republican."

We’ve entered the theatre of the absurd as oft happens on the PC when egos override intelligent thought...

There is a very clear distinction between these two VP candidates on women’s rights. Blindingly clear.

CrystalTears
10-02-2008, 01:40 PM
The democrat and the republican don't agree on an issue. Someone alert the fucking media!

Clove
10-02-2008, 01:44 PM
You're obviously biased as a Republican.

Why do you have freedom and America so much?
STFU you were never going to vote for Obama anyway.

Clove
10-02-2008, 01:45 PM
We’ve entered the theatre of the absurd as oft happens on the PC when egos override intelligent thought...

There is a very clear distinction between these two VP candidates on women’s rights. Blindingly clear.You caught that too dipshit? I said both candidates answered the question badly which (and I'm going to explain this to you since English doesn't seem to be your strength) is not the same as they had the SAME answer.

g++
10-02-2008, 01:51 PM

There is a very clear distinction between these two VP candidates on women’s rights. Blindingly clear.

Which post are you responding to because Cloves quoted post in no way claims Palin is not pro-life or Biden is not pro-choice. So........WTF are you talking about?

Clove
10-02-2008, 01:55 PM
We’ve entered the theatre of the absurd as oft happens on the PC when Backlash posts.Fixed.

The democrat and the republican don't agree on an issue. Someone alert the fucking media!

Which post are you responding to because Cloves quoted post in no way claims Palin is not pro-life or Biden is not pro-choice. So........WTF are you talking about?

Back
10-02-2008, 02:02 PM

Clove’s response to your post which I thought was remarkably absurd when you take their statements into context regarding women’s rights.

Anyway, I’m going to go play PS3 now because a computer program is more fascinating and challenging.

Clove
10-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Clove’s response to your post which I thought was remarkably absurd when you take their statements into context regarding women’s rights.You really can't read can you?

Gan
10-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Anyway, I’m going to go play PS3 now because a computer program is more fascinating and challenging.

Read:
I'm going to go play a video game where I can be respected for the intellectual that I am.

g++
10-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Clove’s response to your post which I thought was remarkably absurd when you take their statements into context regarding women’s rights.

You cant just respond to what you had wish you had read. I mean I cant just quote you and say "I think its terrible your in favor of child rape Back" and then say I felt in the context of the universe it made sense. The fact is your response had absolutely nothing to do with what was said.

We were talking about implications of the two VP candidates statements and specifically whether Palin was contradicting herself because shes pro-life and pro-privacy and whether she is actually a federalist or just someone who wants to outlaw abortion on the state level. It had nothing to do with claiming Palin was not pro-life, she explicitly states as much every chance she gets.

Get an xbox.

Some Rogue
10-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Xbox sucks.

g++
10-02-2008, 02:22 PM
You suck

Daniel
10-02-2008, 02:22 PM
How the fuck does a grown man have time to play PS3 at like 1:30 in the afternoon? I feel bad for the few minutes I spend during the day bullshitting.

I can't imagine the luxury of being able to say "Hey..I think I'll knock off a couple levels in Halo 3".

Clove
10-02-2008, 02:27 PM
More on topic I don't think either Palin or Biden would make abortion rights a VP crusade, they just have to express their personal opinions without actually effecting anything.

For Palin to reach her conservative Christian base that means saying she's "Pro-Life" every time she can while at the same time doing little about it. Taking a Federalist stance (however impractical) is a good way of doing this.

It's a non-issue for me (and many women I know) because let's face it; Roe v. Wade isn't going to get overturned. Like ever.

Keller
10-02-2008, 02:41 PM
I figured it out: the reason she says that state's have the right to override federal constitutional protections is that is still in the pocket of the Alaskan Independence Party.

I think we've all been underestimating her!

Keller
10-02-2008, 02:44 PM
It's a non-issue for me (and many women I know) because let's face it; Roe v. Wade isn't going to get overturned. Like ever.

That's because the next 2 judges will be appointed by a constitutional law scholar and not an illiterate bimbo.

Clove
10-02-2008, 03:27 PM
That's because the next 2 judges will be appointed by a constitutional law scholar and not an illiterate bimbo.Hillary has been out of the running for a while now.

Keller
10-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Hillary has been out of the running for a while now.

She only wants us to believe that.

Gan
10-02-2008, 03:43 PM

Careful, Bigworm will call you obsessed for mentioning Hillary or eluding to any October surprise from her campaign.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-02-2008, 04:07 PM

:lol:

My election nightmares will only get worse.

Mabus
10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
:lol:

My election nightmares will only get worse.

News flash!

The 269 -269 electoral vote has been decided in the House today. They chose an unknown forum user, known only as "Back", for President of the United States of America.

His first act was applauded by the gaming industry, was to abolish the XBox. He named it the "All your Box are belong to us Act".

In further developments he has named ClydeR to the newly created post of Secretary of Religious Tolerance.

In further developments...

;)

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-02-2008, 07:22 PM
News flash!

The 269 -269 electoral vote has been decided in the House today. They chose an unknown forum user, known only as "Back", for President of the United States of America.

His first act was applauded by the gaming industry, was to abolish the XBox. He named it the "All your Box are belong to us Act".

In further developments he has named ClydeR to the newly created post of Secretary of Religious Tolerance.

In further developments...

;)

Night "mares" upgraded to "terror" status.

TheRunt
10-03-2008, 03:29 AM
I don't know why she didn't bring up the Exxon Valdez ruling, which she said while she was a Governor she disagreed with.. given it directly affected Alaska.

So you have a problem with a Gov being against something that would adversely effect their state? I assume you would have something against a pres or vp being against something that would effect their adversely country?

Isn't that what there job is? Doing what is best for the people that elected them?

TheRunt
10-03-2008, 03:31 AM
How the fuck does a grown man have time to play PS3 at like 1:30 in the afternoon? I feel bad for the few minutes I spend during the day bullshitting.

I can't imagine the luxury of being able to say "Hey..I think I'll knock off a couple levels in Halo 3".

Work second or third shift. I pay gs4 around 11am to 2 pm all the time.

diethx
10-03-2008, 04:02 AM
So you have a problem with a Gov being against something that would adversely effect their state? I assume you would have something against a pres or vp being against something that would effect their adversely country?

Isn't that what there job is? Doing what is best for the people that elected them?

Too bad that totally wasn't Narc's point. Brilliant, really.

TheRunt
10-03-2008, 05:02 AM
I like this quote "theres an effect on interstate commerce. Women who are abused and beaten cant be in the workforce" Now thats stretching it a bit.

I think that men that beat women should be strung up and the women they abused allowed to go at them with rusty razor blades and handfulls of salt. But thats besides the point.

Whether they should be allowed to sue them in federal court?

Thats more of a states issue to me. Along with any type of assault. Which is what it is. Assault. If I get my ass handed to me in a bar fight can I go to a federal court an sue? How about if I have to take the next day off work because I'm too sore?

TheRunt
10-03-2008, 05:04 AM
Brilliant, really.

Thankyou :)

What was her point anyway?

Keller
10-03-2008, 08:40 AM
I like this quote "theres an effect on interstate commerce. Women who are abused and beaten cant be in the workforce" Now thats stretching it a bit.

Do you think that the rest of federal legislation that is also based on interstate commerce clause is also a stretch?

Do you understand the extent to which that clause is relied upon?

DeV
10-03-2008, 10:26 AM
If I get my ass handed to me in a bar fight can I go to a federal court an sue? How about if I have to take the next day off work because I'm too sore?I disagree with Biden's stance on the issue as well, but your example isn't even remotely close to the implications that brought about the nature of the legislation. Not even a little bit.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-03-2008, 03:29 PM

I'm saying it was a Supreme Court ruling she had pretty strong feelings about... and she failed to bring it up.

It was a stupid mistake on her part.

Diethx is right, you totally missed my point. Not that I disagree with Palin, but that she had a PERFECT EXAMPLE TO EXPLAIN HER VIEWS, AND YET SHE DIDN'T USE IT.