PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Calls McCain Debate Ploy a ‘Huge Mistake’

Daniel
09-26-2008, 09:20 AM
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/26/huckabee-calls-mccain-debate-ploy-a-huge-mistake/

MOBILE, Ala. — Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Thursday that Sen. John McCain made a “huge mistake” by even discussing canceling the presidential debate with Sen. Barack Obama.

McCain’s campaign has said the Republican wouldn’t participate in the Mississippi debate Friday unless there was a consensus on the financial crisis, but Obama still wants the debate to go on.

Huckabee defeated McCain in the Alabama GOP primary in February.

Huckabee said Thursday in Mobile that the people need to hear both candidates. He said that’s “far better than heading to Washington” to huddle with senators.

He said the candidates should level with the people about the financial crisis and say the “heart of this is greed.”

Huckabee said he still backs McCain’s candidacy, but said the Arizona senator should not have put his campaign on hold to deal with the financial crisis on Wall Street. He said a president must be prepared to “deal with the unexpected.”

“You can’t just say, ‘World stop for a moment. I’m going to cancel everything,”‘ Huckabee said.

Huckabee also was critical of President Bush’s handling of the crisis.

He said to lay the $700 billion obligation on the nation “in 24 hours” amounts to “holding the country hostage.”

“I just think the American people ought to be screaming their lungs out, saying to Congress, not so fast. That’s our money you’re giving away,” Huckabee said.

He said the burden of the $700 billion relief package will fall on the next generation and those in their teens and 20s.

Huckabee spoke to reporters before attending a benefit for the Baptist-affiliated University of Mobile. Huckabee is an ordained Southern Baptist minister.

While in Mobile, he also played a little blues guitar with a student group.

Since losing his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, Huckabee said he has formed a political action committee and advises other candidates.

“I don’t have any immediate plans to seek office,” he said.

-----

Ruh Roh.

Looks like it's not just "Obamamaniacs" who think this is a bad idea.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Opinions are like assholes.. you might be the biggest.

There was probably one candidate that I disliked more than McCain.. and it was Huckabee. His Fair Tax platform was the only thing I liked.

Big fucking deal.

Daniel
09-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Opinions are like assholes.. you might be the biggest.

There was probably one candidate that I disliked more than McCain.. and it was Huckabee. His Fair Tax platform was the only thing I liked.

Big fucking deal.

Allow me to provide you with a couple of quotes from yesterday's "debate" for context.

This is just stupid. If it was Obama's idea to be all proactive and postpone the debates to work on this issue, Obama supporters would be fapping and calling McCain unpresidential.

Its already been echoed here that when there's a crisis, people need to go to their stations and be ready to do their job. Its a simple concept of crisis management. Its not a "Call me when you need me" mentality. Its one that appears to be ingrained in McCain. I would hazard a guess to say its from his military experience. Which might be why Obama doesnt get it.

As a voting constituent I want my representatives in Washington doing their job. That includes McCain. Especially so since he's applying for the job as leader.

This financial crisis, while building up, didnt come to a head until this week. Everyone hopes to see a resolution by today. What damage will it be to postpone the debate by a few days until this is ironed out?

Its a matter of perception. Something you might consider thinking about.

Ignot
09-26-2008, 09:35 AM
“You can’t just say, ‘World stop for a moment. I’m going to cancel everything,”‘ Huckabee said.

He makes a good point here. I think everyone can agree on this, if you don't then your a retard. I take that back....even a retard would agree.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Huckabee doesn't wear the mindless, partisan glasses that PB and Crb wear, though, and I respect that. He called out the media and the GOP during the "Obama - lipstick on a pig" manufactured controversy and can see McCain's poor choice here.

Coming from someone who obviously wears pink Obama type glasses...

You are a dumb cunt still though...

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 09:51 AM
He makes a good point here. I think everyone can agree on this, if you don't then your a retard. I take that back....even a retard would agree.

I disagree. McCain, and many financial experts believe that this is perhaps the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression. Since the supposed 'fix' was being discussed in the Senate.. a place he's been for 25 years.. I think it was more than appropriate that he cancel his campaigning and get to Washington to provide his leadership to help solve the problem. He once again illustrated his platform of "Country First".

Given that, I still think cancelling all advertising was retarded.. and that perhaps part of his reasoning was his dipping poll numbers regarding the economy.

Gan
09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
LOL @ Huckabee

He was the candidate I was the most afraid of getting the nomination.

Gan
09-26-2008, 10:37 AM

So if one doesnt agree with you, they're a retard.

Excellent opinion there.

5 stars *****

Warriorbird
09-26-2008, 10:37 AM
I like how after it was all in our heads it is now the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.

Gan
09-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Actually, I thought Huckabee was probably the most down-to-Earth, "real" candidate the GOP offered. Romney was by far the worst, the most fake, the most insincere, typical slime-ball Republican "politician" they conjured up. As he's a social conservative Christian, I'd never vote for him, but he's still likable.

I liked McCain back in the primaries, as well as in 2000, when he wasn't quite so bitter or desperate. The new face of McCain he's shown since adopting the Rove-style tactics have really turned me off, though.

Huckabee doesn't wear the mindless, partisan glasses that PB and Crb wear, though, and I respect that. He called out the media and the GOP during the "Obama - lipstick on a pig" manufactured controversy and can see McCain's poor choice here.

And you thought Palin's embrace for religion was scary?

Sure, lets vote in a Southern Baptist Minister as President.

:rofl:

Gan
09-26-2008, 10:39 AM
I like how after it was all in our heads it is now the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.

Are you referring to Phil or are you referring to someone here on the PC?

Because I dont believe anyone here said it was "just in our heads".

I could be wrong, but I believe I would remember something like that being said.

CrystalTears
09-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Actually, I thought Huckabee was probably the most down-to-Earth, "real" candidate the GOP offered. Romney was by far the worst, the most fake, the most insincere, typical slime-ball Republican "politician" they conjured up. As he's a social conservative Christian, I'd never vote for him, but he's still likable.

I liked McCain back in the primaries, as well as in 2000, when he wasn't quite so bitter or desperate. The new face of McCain he's shown since adopting the Rove-style tactics have really turned me off, though.

And he's against abortion, same-sex marriage, civil unions and homosexuals in the military. He believes homosexuality to be an aberrant, unnatural, and sinful lifestyle. Your little brain would have exploded if he was president.

On second thought... :thinking:

Gan
09-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Bingo

Keller
09-26-2008, 10:44 AM

Excellent opinion there.

5 stars *****

Why are you so one-sided in your criticism?

First it was bitching about people calling the Barackometer biased and now it's people setting up the "if you don't agree with me you're an idiot" principle. I expect you to do the same the next time PB/crb/Khariz tries to argue that way.

Keller
09-26-2008, 10:45 AM
And he's against abortion, same-sex marriage and civil unions. Your little brain would have exploded if he was president.

Oh second thought... :thinking:

It never it liked Huckabee's positions -- but that he seemed like a genuine person and not a political construction.

Gan
09-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Why are you so one-sided in your criticism?

First it was bitching about people calling the Barackometer biased and now it's people setting up the "if you don't agree with me you're an idiot" principle. I expect you to do the same the next time PB/crb/Khariz tries to argue that way.

I never bitched. Made fun of, sure. Never bitched.

You 'expect' me to do the same?

'Expect'?

:wtf:

You're not my brother nor my brother's keeper. Your expectations are best kept in your pocket - not forced on unwilling participants.

Gan
09-26-2008, 10:49 AM
It never it liked Huckabee's positions -- but that he seemed like a genuine person and not a political construction.

As genuine as his theology would let him be, or let you be.

Keller
09-26-2008, 10:55 AM
As genuine as his theology would let him be, or let you be.

What does that even mean?

Gan
09-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Run with your interpretation. I"m not in a mood to explain.

CrystalTears
09-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Like I said, I'd never vote for him. But I still find him likable--whereas I really don't care for Palin. She's extremely phony, and was bleating the same conservative rhetoric during her convention speech. Huckabee always seems very down-to-earth, like Paul did. He's the type you could sit down with and talk to even if you disagree.
Except I can't see how someone like you would like him in any way simply because for what he believes in.

Isn't that why you have issues with some people here, because of what they believe in? You're quick to call people retarded and stupid for their beliefs, even though they could be genuine, great people aside from that.

The only reason you "like" him is because he doesn't agree with a decision a conservative made. McCain in the past has gone against what his party believes in, but he sucks? Yeah I'm not understanding your rationale at all.

Keller
09-26-2008, 10:59 AM
I never bitched. Made fun of, sure. Never bitched.

You 'expect' me to do the same?

'Expect'?

:wtf:

You're not my brother nor my brother's keeper. Your expectations are best kept in your pocket - not forced on unwilling participants.

If you actually have some issue with that argument technique then yes, I expect you to do the same.

If you don't have any issue with that technique and you're just looking for an excuse to make fun of someone who has different politic beliefs than you -- then I've overestimated you in the past.

ElanthianSiren
09-26-2008, 11:02 AM
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/26/huckabee-calls-mccain-debate-ploy-a-huge-mistake/

He said to lay the $700 billion obligation on the nation “in 24 hours” amounts to “holding the country hostage.”

“I just think the American people ought to be screaming their lungs out, saying to Congress, not so fast. That’s our money you’re giving away,” Huckabee said.

Fuckin A... I agree with Huckabee on something :banghead:

Gan
09-26-2008, 11:04 AM
If you actually have some issue with that argument technique then yes, I expect you to do the same.

If you don't have any issue with that technique and you're just looking for an excuse to make fun of someone who has different politic beliefs than you -- then I've overestimated you in the past.

I would say the same for you. Calling someone out in private, while not readily available for others to pass judgement for their expectations does not equally count.

Next time your boy Daniel (or anyone else on the D Team) crosses that line I 'expect' you to be the first to jump in if you're participating in that thread.

If you can live with that expectation then I can live with yours.

Keller
09-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Next time your boy Daniel (or anyone else on the D Team) crosses that line I 'expect' you to be the first to jump in if you're participating in that thread.

I do.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:08 AM
I'd rather be called a dumb cunt by you then be a self-deluded mouthpiece that would justify virtually any government action (provided it didn't actually help people) in the name of national security and sweats, pukes and shits the red kool-aid you've been given into every post you make. McCain was full of shit on trying to weasel out of the debate--so are you. You're supportive of him solely because the colors he wears, and you'd be loudly and obnoxiously bleating the exact opposite if the situation were turned around. You are a partisan hack.

The hypocrisy in this thread is amusing. Not sure who to give the award to.. you or Keller.

I think you.. since you called me a self-deluded mouthpiece and partisan hack. Clearly you tried harder to be a bigger hypocrite... you deserve it.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/belike53/hypocrite1.jpg

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:09 AM
There's a difference between disagreeing with someone and being an asshole about it. And I learned almost immediately here in this forum, that there is no virtually no simple, civil disagreement with people. You get people like Gan, PB, yourself, etc, harshly criticizing or demonizing people you disagree with, and I've gotten used to it.

HAHAHAHA! Hey Twinkles.. I already gave you the award. No need to try to one up anyone.. you got it.

CrystalTears
09-26-2008, 11:10 AM
You get people like Gan, PB, yourself, etc, harshly criticizing or demonizing people you disagree with, and I've gotten used to it.
Wow, my bullshit hypocrite meter just fucking blew up.

You arrived here with guns blazing before anyone even knew who the fuck you were. You've been calling people stupid since practically day one. So I'll take that criticism and tell you to shove it up your ass.

Gan
09-26-2008, 11:11 AM
I do.

I'll be the judge of that.

If we're going to be the PC police then we're going to ride in the same car buddy.

ElanthianSiren
09-26-2008, 11:12 AM

If we're going to be the PC police then we're going to ride in the same car buddy.

Heh why do I picture this car speeding down the freeway at 110 mph while you both simultaneously try to throw each other out until one of you eats pavement?

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:13 AM
That's right. Lash out! Maybe laughing harder will actually make your fountain of bullshit true.

You mean lash out like your first post in this thread?

Huckabee doesn't wear the mindless, partisan glasses that PB and Crb wear, though, and I respect that

Seriously. Stop.

CrystalTears
09-26-2008, 11:14 AM
You were one of the very first to start stuff with me, if not the very first. So forgive me if I tell you: "I don't give a shit what you think. It's hard to see objectivity from inside your black hole of a bitchy attitude."
Yeah I was the one who called you out for deleting and editing bullshit posts, and other people called you out for hyperbole before I even said anything. So STFU.

How about you not come to me or anyone else about "oh my god why do you hate me so, you don't understand me, they started it, you're all ganging up on me" fucking victim bullshit when you can't resist being an asshole and ask for what you get. Just admit that you're a cunt and you'll always be a cunt because you can't help yourself.

Solkern
09-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Ashliana
This message is hidden because Ashliana is on your ignore list.

gotta love it

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:15 AM
You were one of the very first to start stuff with me, if not the very first. So forgive me if I tell you: "I don't give a shit what you think. It's hard to see objectivity from inside your black hole of a bitchy attitude."

Did I just read that right? Did you just use the old "YOU STARTED IT" retort?

First.. pretending to be a chick.. now pretending to be a 3rd grade child? FFS "man", get a grip. You are coming unglued at the seams (of your skirt probably)

Solkern
09-26-2008, 11:18 AM

Did I just read that right? Did you just use the old "YOU STARTED IT" retort?

First.. pretending to be a chick.. now pretending to be a 3rd grade child? FFS "man", get a grip. You are coming unglued at the seams (of your skirt probably)

PB, you need to be careful, she might tell her daddy on you!

ElanthianSiren
09-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Hate is such a strong word. I've found that if people troll you, they generally don't hate you; they just enjoy fucking with you and making you look retarded.

To literally hate, you have to care. I doubt CT/PB are very fired up at the end of the day about anyone here. I could be wrong. That would just seem like a huge waste of hate to me though, and hatred takes a lot of energy.

CrystalTears
09-26-2008, 11:23 AM
You "called me out" for deleting a post within seconds of my posting it, as I do often--usually for grammatical reasons.
Fixed

I don't care if you hate meThen I ask that you kindly never fucking PM me again with your crybaby bullshit. I don't give a shit about you to care enough to hate you. Actually I still laugh daily that you don't know what Cuervo is.

--but you often opt not to participate in a thread, simply to rush in late and take a swipe, either because you're too ignorant of the topic to actually have an opinion, or only care enough to be a snipey, PMS-raging cunt.
Which is simply untrue. Just because I take a swipe here and there (just like many others, yourself included) doesn't mean I don't contribute to discussion. You just don't like that I pick on you. QQ.

The only "victimology" here is the reactionary trolls, yourself included, banding together to shield each other from valid criticism.
OH YOUR POOR VICTIMIZED SOUL. Please shut up.

Careful, it's a dude, so it says. It will still want you to do you like a circus seal though.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
That was your best shot? Really? Disappointing. I'm sorry, but calling you out on your bullshit capitalization of anything remotely negative (or even perceived to be negative) about the democrats says far more than I ever could.

We've been down this road before. You take a stupid position, I criticize the position, and then you criticize me personally. You praised McCain for wanting to delay or cancel the debate, when you would've demonized Obama for the very same thing. You're a partisan hack.

Really? This was my post previous to your typical bullshit:

Big fucking deal.

Which part of my opinion was partisan and stupid? Was it my general dislike for Huckabee? Newsflash.. I wasn't in the minority as seen by McCain's clear win. Was it maybe the Fair Tax? I would hardly call that being a partisan hack.. since no other candidate has it on their platform.

You are a joke. You are nothing more than a big giant sand filled wanna be vagina who likes to go on message boards, pretending to be something you aren't and then crying and playing the hurt victim when called out on it.

Seriously.. I'm amazed you have such a low self esteem that you continue to post here after the shit you've pulled and got called out on here. Granted.. I'm glad you are since your entertainment value comes around so infrequently.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:25 AM

We're not really sure what it is as this point. I'm leaning towards a hermaphrodite, trying to be a guy but still a bitchy little girl.

Keller
09-26-2008, 11:25 AM

Do I need to provide links? Daniel, TheE, Backlash -- I've been on all of their cases at some point in the last three months.

It's more my expectations of you and not my expectations of the PC.

crb
09-26-2008, 11:26 AM
That's not true at all.. and it just shows that you don't understand what I'm saying. Did I or did I not just say that I liked McCain in the primaries, and in his 2000 election? Because he was "real." The current McCain is full of shit, has completely adopted GOP rhetoric, their positions and picked a horrible VP candidate based on politics, and not his beliefs.

There's a difference between disagreeing with someone and being an asshole about it. And I learned almost immediately here in this forum, that there is no virtually no simple, civil disagreement with people. You get people like Gan, PB, yourself, etc, harshly criticizing or demonizing people you disagree with, and I've gotten used to it.

I liked Huckabee back during the GOP debates, and many times I've heard him speak. I also like Paul for the same (and many other) reasons. Romney was by far the worst, with Thompson shortly after, and Guiliani trailed him. I was rooting for Paul and McCain, but McCain completely capitulated to the GOP and decided to pander to the neocons rather than the independents, and he lost my respect for it.
You are such a cunt.

All this lamblasting of "rove style tactics" complete ignores that Obama has aired more negative commercials, with as many distortions. The most recent energy campaign is laughable, saying McCain is against all alternatives and wants to give 4 billion in tax breaks to the oil companies, when Obama is the one who VOTED FOR that tax break. All the "tax breaks for companies who ship jobs overseas" is like saying "Obama wants to give a $1000 credit to child molesters" you understand why both are true, and yet so very false?

Characterizing Sarah Palin as being political only is also dumb. She has challenged her own party, cut more pork in Alaska than any previous governor, and has governed from the middle, even raising taxes on oil companies. You can't very well call her a typical Republican, she is a maverick, like McCain. She ran against an incumbent in a primary for crying out loud, do you know how infrequently that happens in gubernatorial elections?

As for this whole debate issue. It is a political mistake. Obama sucks at debates, McCain knows that and should show up (just be fashionable late to look busy). To not show up with be missing a chance to mow Obama down.

But can we all agree that the Obama Reid gambit was amazingly executed? I wonder who's idea it was. Get Reid to ask McCain to come back. If he does, blame him for blowing up a nonexistant agreement (what the MSM is now parroting), if he doesn't, blame him for not caring enough. That was a very shrewd move by the Democrats. Of course it is all bullshit, no non-Obama supporter is blaming McCain for any compromise failure, the negotiations were private so we don't have video to check, and Reid was the one who "injected" presidential politics in the first place. But man, shrewd as hell.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Hate is such a strong word. I've found that if people troll you, they generally don't hate you; they just enjoy fucking with you and making you look retarded.

To literally hate, you have to care. I doubt CT/PB are very fired up at the end of the day about anyone here. I could be wrong. That would just seem like a huge waste of hate to me though, and hatred takes a lot of energy.

I hate no one. I have distain for a few here.. but Ashliana isn't one of them. I think it's very entertaining.. which is why I was on the lead to bring it back to this forum.

ElanthianSiren
09-26-2008, 11:31 AM
My point was more that it's histrionic to throw the phrase "You hate me!" around when most of the time, other people really couldn't give a shit less about you, honestly.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:34 AM
I stated a fact. I "LEARNED HOW 2 PC" in responding to your group's bullshit tactics soon after joining. You just weren't used to someone on the other side of the fence responding to your mindless hostility, and it threw everyone in chaos for a little bit. We've been over the other issue--I'd love another 10 pages to debate why you're a dumbass for assuming I was a female when I went out of my way to set you straight.

As for "third grade child" tactics, I find that funny considering your quoting of Dan in your signature as well as your typical "B-b-b-b-but the Democrats..!" responses to anything negative about the GOP.

Holy shit "boy"... you didn't just use the "B-b-b-b-b-but your group started it" excuse in the same post as the "You are dumb, you use the B-b-b-b-but the Democrats..!"

You make if far too easy to show how fucking much of a hypocrite you are. I don't even have to take pieces of previous posts.. I can just illustrate it with ONE of your posts.

Seriously. Stop. I have to go to work and you are like an accident.. I can't look away.

Keller
09-26-2008, 11:35 AM
you're going to get every bit of mindless hostility right back--which is why you react like this--you've been able to scare off virtually every other person that opposes you ideologically with coordinated criticism, but I'm sorry--it's not going to happen with me.

QFT.

For better or for worse.

Gan
09-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Do I need to provide links? Daniel, TheE, Backlash -- I've been on all of their cases at some point in the last three months.

It's more my expectations of you and not my expectations of the PC.

Just consider yourself on notice. I'll be holding you to the same level of expectations that you appear to be holding me to. ;)

Gan
09-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Heh why do I picture this car speeding down the freeway at 110 mph while you both simultaneously try to throw each other out until one of you eats pavement?
This seriously made me laugh.

:lol:

Clove
09-26-2008, 11:39 AM
QFT.

For better or for worse.Wait? We're scared of PB now?

Keller
09-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Wait? We're scared of PB now?

No one is scared of PB.

People don't want to deal with the train-wreck that ensues when you disagree with PB.

Thank God I can mock him without recourse until one of you assholes decides to quote me.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Your responses to virtually everything are partisan, and stupid. Most recently, McCain trying to back out of the debate. I'm not crying foul by having to put up with your bullshit; you're going to get every bit of mindless hostility right back--which is why you react like this--you've been able to scare off virtually every other person that opposes you ideologically with coordinated criticism, but I'm sorry--it's not going to happen with me. TheE, BriarFox, etc, usually can't stand to deal with you and just let your stupidity go, so that you, Gan, Crb, Ct and others can sit around grinning stupidly with each other in agreement after talking out of your ass.

Wait. Since I agree with conservative values.. I'm somehow a partisan hack? And you agree with liberal values, and somehow you aren't? How does that double standard work for you?

And didn't you already leave once.. and I am responsible for bringing you back? So when you say "It's not going to happen with me" what you mean to say is "It's not going to happen with me again"?

Also, I'm pretty sure TheE, BriarFox, etc.. can and have stood up for their own principles and opinions. Difference is, they aren't continuously looking like some nutball hypocritical cunt in doing so. You are.

DeV
09-26-2008, 11:45 AM
No one is scared of PB.

People don't want to deal with the train-wreck that ensues when you disagree with PB.

Thank God I can mock him without recourse until one of you assholes decides to quote me.:wasntme:

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm not placing blame, though. It's just how it is--it's how debate is conducted on this forum, and I've gotten used to your style(s). That's the thing. You try to deflect and distract criticism of the GOP by saying "the Democrats are bullshit, too," but that only works if the other side is part of that other group. I'm not a strict democrat--much to your dismay--as I've stated many times before.

Please tell me you "don't try to deflect" because I am certain I can find plenty of examples it. Say the word and I'll go dig them up.

Seriously, you need to stop. You are just digging a hole right now and throwing dirt in all directions.. but it's still landing right on your own head. I'm asking this in hopes you don't go into another fit and decide to "leave", only to come back again. Take a deep breath.

DeV
09-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Fuckin A... I agree with Huckabee on something :banghead:x2

ElanthianSiren
09-26-2008, 11:47 AM
I was sort of wondering about that too.

We actually have quite a few liberal leaning posters on this board, and the only one who ever struck me as being gone was TRL, and she came back. What I have noticed is that liberals generally start less threads. BFD.

I tend to disappear around class time but that's because I'm in class 25 hours a week, if you include the times I go in to check on experiments/meet with professors etc. Additionally, I log about 25 hours of group/study time.

Fridays are my day off, so I troll here while I study at home, but the PC isn't worth a lower grade on my PCATs. Is that being run off? idk.

Solkern
09-26-2008, 11:50 AM
We're not really sure what it is as this point. I'm leaning towards a hermaphrodite, trying to be a guy but still a bitchy little girl.

Hmm, I wonder if she's/he's asexual too, cause I know one thing, not a living thing on this earth wants to reproduce with this bitch

Having an argument with him/her is really like putting gas in a car you've already wrecked.

CrystalTears
09-26-2008, 11:51 AM
TheE hasn't been run off. I figured he's just either been busy with school and/or just frustrated with politics in general. I can barely remember who BriarFox is as he wasn't as active in politics as you seem to think.

Hmm, I wonder if she's/he's asexual too...
I wish, cause then it can go fuck itself.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:51 AM
No one is scared of PB.

Thank God I can mock him without recourse until one of you assholes decides to quote me.

Of all the posters on this board, you are the only one I really have any distain for. It's more of betrayal than anything else.. and it has zero to do with your political opinions and everything to do with you simply being a scumbag.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:53 AM
TheE hasn't been run off. I figured he's just either been busy with school and/or just frustrated with politics in general. I can barely remember who BriarFox is as he wasn't as active in politics as you seem to think.

I wish, cause then it can go fuck itself.

TheE's probably getting ready to move to France.

ElanthianSiren
09-26-2008, 11:55 AM
I figured he's just either been busy with school and/or just frustrated with politics in general.

That's been me this election. I can't remember an election where I was less excited about both sets of candidates. The prospect of any of them in office scares the shit out of me.

Watching both sides act like five year olds who just spilled their pudding cups regularly makes me want to hit my head on something.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:57 AM
But we all live in France now, thanks to the GOP! See what I did there?

We will if we elect Obama!

SEE WHAT I DID THERE!

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
:blah: :blah: :blah:

You're just repeating yourself now. I may or may not have deflected at some point (I probably have), but I've never seen anyone, on any forum or platform, do it as often as you do. Go to work. There will be more drama for you to stir up later.

Feel free to point out everytime I do it.. and I'll do the same for you.

And I can't leave right now.. It's like watching an accident..

http://soundbiteblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/strange-accident.jpg

Keller
09-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Of all the posters on this board, you are the only one I really have any distain for. It's more of betrayal than anything else.. and it has zero to do with your political opinions and everything to do with you simply being a scumbag.

And I'm the jilted lover?

Get over it. There was only so many times I could take you telling Backlash he should have been aborted, TheE he isn't intelligent enough to be a successful attorney, and Daniel that he typifies the sterotypical black man before I finally gave you a taste of your own medicine.

I'm sorry if it hit a little too close to home and you couldn't take it.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Or if the GOP's current president and treasury secretary can push the nationalization of our financial system through before he's finally given the boot.

With the full and complete backing of the Democrats in Congress.

I agree. Glad to see a couple Republicans finally waking the fuck up and saying "WTF" about this 700 BILLION dollar bullshit

crb
09-26-2008, 12:02 PM

Get over it. There was only so many times I could take you telling Backlash he should have been aborted, TheE he isn't intelligent enough to be a successful attorney, and Daniel that he typifies the sterotypical black man before I finally gave you a taste of your own medicine.

Since when does being an attorney require one to be intelligent? A lack of morals seems to be the more prudent requirement.

Rimshot please!

ElanthianSiren
09-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Rimshot please!

Babum-shhhhhhhhhhhhh

:heart: Kellar long long time though. Haha what was it -- the glacier '97ish?

Daniel
09-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Just consider yourself on notice. I'll be holding you to the same level of expectations that you appear to be holding me to. ;)

rofl. Oh noes!!!11!

Keller
09-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Babum-shhhhhhhhhhhhh

:heart: Kellar long long time though. Haha what was it -- the glacier '97ish?

Cawen and Kiera and your d-bag boyfriend sitting around smashing ice giants all day. I miss middle/high school.

ElanthianSiren
09-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Cawen and Kiera and your d-bag boyfriend sitting around smashing ice giants all day. I miss middle/high school.

that's my d-bag EX boyfriend tyvm! Semantics ftw! I should have been the lawyer!

crazymage
09-26-2008, 12:20 PM
-- Sen. John McCain will participate in tonight's presidential debate.

>+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= +=+=+=+=+=+=
The battle is on! John McCain and Barack Obama debate face-to-face for the first time. Watch the debate live tonight on CNN and CNN.com. http://www.cnn.com/LIVE
>+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= +=+=+=+=+=+=

ElanthianSiren
09-26-2008, 12:21 PM
I had a sneaking hunch that was going to happen. Who else plans to watch?

CrystalTears
09-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I have it ready to record! I'm going out tonight with friends but didn't want to miss it.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Hahahahaha.

Ha.

Oh and yes, I'll be watching.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-26-2008, 12:40 PM

I wanna know what happened!!!

Keller
09-26-2008, 01:20 PM
I have it ready to record! I'm going out tonight with friends but didn't want to miss it.

That's why I love living in DC. I got invited to three debate-watching parties, and I've only got three friends in town!

LA and DC are very similar insomuchas they're both company towns -- except here the company is actually interesting to me.

Parkbandit
09-26-2008, 01:32 PM
I wanna know what happened!!!

Well.. it started with this thick chick making a video tape...

Ignot
09-26-2008, 01:40 PM

pretty much.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Well.. it started with this thick chick making a video tape...

:violin:

TheEschaton
09-26-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm not run off, but this semester I'm in court at least once a week (representing the Commonwealth, not as a defendant. :P), and usually twice a week.

And arguing politics with people like PB and crb is like arguing with a wall. They make Atlanteax look reasonable, which he isn't. They downright make Gan look moderate - which he isn't. So I don't do it - I could resort to the simple name calling and mocking, but 1) Daniel and Keller do it so well, and 2) I've got better shit to do.

-TheE-

Keller
09-26-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm not run off, but this semester I'm in court at least once a week (representing the Commonwealth, not as a defendant. :P), and usually twice a week.

And arguing politics with people like PB and crb is like arguing with a wall. They make Atlanteax look reasonable, which he isn't. They downright make Gan look moderate - which he isn't. So I don't do it - I could resort to the simple name calling and mocking, but 1) Daniel and Keller do it so well, and 2) I've got better shit to do.

-TheE-

Let's not pretend you're moderate, either. Moderate or reasonable. I like you, Alok, but let's be honest here.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-26-2008, 01:57 PM
I'd say Clove is probably the most moderate person I've talked to from these boards. However, there are a lot of people who will break from the party ranks if there's something they disagree with or think is stupid.

TheEschaton
09-26-2008, 01:59 PM
I've never claimed to be moderate or reasonable. ;)

I'm pretty much a Christian Democratic Socialist, and that requires a revolutionary viewpoint that assumes what many people think is unreasonable: 1) that Socialism can be democratic, and 2) that people can live up to their potential and ideals.

Keller
09-26-2008, 02:02 PM

I'm pretty much a Christian Democratic Socialist, and that requires a revolutionary viewpoint that assumes what many people think is unreasonable: 1) that Socialism can be democratic, and 2) that people can live up to their potential and ideals.

I'm glad you wear it like a badge of honor. That's respectable.

Clove
09-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Uh. Capitalism, communism and socialism can all be democratic. Economic system/=Political system. Stop talking to Backlash FFS.

Clove
09-26-2008, 02:17 PM

I'm pretty much a Christian Democratic Socialist, and that requires a revolutionary viewpoint that assumes what many people think is unreasonable... 2) that people can live up to their potential and ideals.Yeah because moderates don't believe people can live up to their potential. You've got to be an uncomprimising Christian Democratic Socialist to hold that philosophy.

TheEschaton
09-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Errr, I know socialism is an economic system, but most people act as if socialism automatically requires autocracy.

As for your latter point, I'm merely meant that socialism requires people to strive for that potential, while capitalism does not.

Mabus
09-27-2008, 05:30 PM
As for your latter point, I'm merely meant that socialism requires people to strive for that potential, while capitalism does not.
You would need to define that "potential" before I could even respond.

Back
09-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Uh. Capitalism, communism and socialism can all be democratic. Economic system/=Political system.

Uhh, I’ve been consistant about that very true statement for a very long time now.