PDA

View Full Version : Palin Pisses Pravada

Sean of the Thread
09-17-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.myanmarnews.net/story/406134

The Russian media Web site Pravda has published a front page article slamming US vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

The extraordinary attack likens Palin to the devil, refers to her as the 'know-it-all shreiking cow from Alaska,' and 'the joke of American politics.'

Provoking the attack was a claim by Palin in an ABC television interview that the gates of hell would open if Russia invaded Georgia again.

The article said: 'So Sarah Palin, Mrs. Hockey Mom housewife-cum-small-town gossip merchant and cheap little guttersnipe, suppose you shut up and allowed real politicians and diplomats to do their work.'

The Pravda article continued: 'Threatening Russia with a war is perhaps the most irresponsible thing anyone could do at this moment in time. Have you any idea what a nuclear holocaust is? Have you any notion of the power of Russia’s armed forces? Did you know that Russia has enough missiles to destroy any target anywhere on Earth in seconds?'

'And have you not forgotten, you pith-headed little bimbo from the back of beyond, that small detail about the slaughter of Russian citizens by Georgians, which started the whole debacle? So next time suppose you keep your mouth shut and while you’re at it, make sure the members of your family keep their legs shut too. Your country has enough failed mothers as it is.'

The opinion piece penned by Timothy Bancroft-Hinchey suggested Ms Palin had been 'plied with a couple of vodkas,' before doing her interview with ABC.

Bancroft-Hinchey also described John McCain's Republican running-mate's experience as 'small town politics, mothers´day dos' and the local hockey club.'

Pravda has been online since 1999. It is operated by former journalists of the newspaper of the same name, which was closed down by then-Soviet President Boris Yeltsin in 1991.

Back
09-17-2008, 09:10 PM
The article said: 'So Sarah Palin, Mrs. Hockey Mom housewife-cum-small-town gossip merchant and cheap little guttersnipe, suppose you shut up and allowed real politicians and diplomats to do their work.'

Ouch?

Gelston
09-17-2008, 09:11 PM
[url]

Because crummy newspapers/magazines are real politicians.

Gelston
09-17-2008, 09:19 PM
It was pretty funny reading the comments that eople posted on that Myanmar website.

Kikriskrit
09-17-2008, 10:02 PM
It took long enough, but I've finally heard something about Sarah Palin that I like.

Gelston
09-17-2008, 10:08 PM
She never actually said "that the gates of hell would open if Russia invaded Georgia again" she said when asked if the US would have to act if Georgia were invaded again "Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally. If another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help," she told interviewer Charles Gibson.

The gates of hell cra was invented by the Russian tabloid/news.

Drunken Durfin
09-17-2008, 10:14 PM
How many fronts would we be fighting on then, I'm losing count?

Gelston
09-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Two, as there is but ONE FRONT ON THE WAR ON TERROR, and there'd be one against Russia. Although if Georgia were a member of NATO Russia would probably doing a lot more talking.

I don't think anyone alive wants that war. Especially as it was Chinese doctrine during the Cold War to allow the US and the Soviet Union to nuke the shit out of eachother, and with the Chinese being so populous they'd inherit the Earth. True shit.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Two, as there is but ONE FRONT ON THE WAR ON TERROR, and there'd be one against Russia. Although if Georgia were a member of NATO Russia would probably doing a lot more talking.

I don't think anyone alive wants that war. Especially as it was Chinese doctrine during the Cold War to allow the US and the Soviet Union to nuke the shit out of eachother, and with the Chinese being so populous they'd inherit the Earth. True shit.

Afghanistan and Iraq = 1?

Clove
09-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Two, as there is but ONE FRONT ON THE WAR ON TERROR,While slogans are cute, they don't carry much meaning to battle commanders when they need assets in Iraq AND Afghanistan.

Parkbandit
09-18-2008, 08:36 AM
If Russia invaded Georgia, do you think we shouldn't go help? If Russia invaded Poland.. no again? Who does Russia have to help in order for us to support militarily.. just the USA?

How many fronts did we have in WW2 again?

Clove
09-18-2008, 08:44 AM
How many fronts did we have in WW2 again?How many allies did we have in WW2 again? How many fronts did Germany have again? How much did WW2 cost again (288 billion). How much has Iraq cost again? (579 billion).

If NATO wants to get involved with us fine. Otherwise, we are not the world's police.

Parkbandit
09-18-2008, 08:48 AM
How many allies did we have in WW2 again? How many fronts did Germany have again? How much did WW2 cost again (288 billion). How much has Iraq cost again? (579 billion).

If NATO wants to get involved with us fine. Otherwise, we are not the world's police.

So answer the question..

Your belief is that if Russia decides to invade Georgia, sucks to be a Georgian?

You feel the same about other countries in the area.. like Ukraine, Poland.. what about Germany?

Clove
09-18-2008, 09:02 AM
So answer the question..

Your belief is that if Russia decides to invade Georgia, sucks to be a Georgian?

You feel the same about other countries in the area.. like Ukraine, Poland.. what about Germany?It's not a question about how I feel. We have agreements (along with the other member states) with Germany and Poland, they are both NATO members. Ukraine is not, so no, I don't feel any obligation to rush to their defense (as I'm sure they don't feel any obligation to rush to ours).

Are you implying that we ought to defend any nation that's invaded by any other? Why doesn't Eukraine, Czech Republic, Belorus or Poland rush to Georgia's defense? It's their back yard, not ours.

Daniel
09-18-2008, 09:10 AM
If Russia invaded Georgia, do you think we shouldn't go help? If Russia invaded Poland.. no again? Who does Russia have to help in order for us to support militarily.. just the USA?

How many fronts did we have in WW2 again?

I heard they raised the enlistment age of the military. It's not too late for you to get in.

Nieninque
09-18-2008, 09:17 AM
OMG, Digitaltwat...you are comedy gold.

Gelston
09-18-2008, 09:39 AM
While slogans are cute, they don't carry much meaning to battle commanders when they need assets in Iraq AND Afghanistan.

....Thats called a joke...

Gelston
09-18-2008, 09:40 AM
It's not a question about how I feel. We have agreements (along with the other member states) with Germany and Poland, they are both NATO members. Ukraine is not, so no, I don't feel any obligation to rush to their defense (as I'm sure they don't feel any obligation to rush to ours).

Are you implying that we ought to defend any nation that's invaded by any other? Why doesn't Eukraine, Czech Republic, Belorus or Poland rush to Georgia's defense? It's their back yard, not ours.

And thats the oint. The whole thing was about IF Georgia joins NATO.

Clove
09-18-2008, 11:14 AM
She never actually said "that the gates of hell would open if Russia invaded Georgia again" she said when asked if the US would have to act if Georgia were invaded again "Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally. If another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help," she told interviewer Charles Gibson.

The gates of hell cra was invented by the Russian tabloid/news.

And thats the oint. The whole thing was about IF Georgia joins NATO.It would be the oint if Georgia were a member of NATO. I don't think Palin has her members straight. However, if they were a member of NATO they would have NATO's support, not just ours.

Parkbandit
09-18-2008, 11:16 AM
It would be the oint if Georgia were a member of NATO. I don't think Palin has her members straight. However, if they were a member of NATO they would have NATO's support, not just ours.

The question posed to Palin was SHOULD Georgia be accepted into NATO. Charlie used this "yes" answer from Palin to continue.

Palin wasn't confused... you are.

Stanley Burrell
09-18-2008, 11:20 AM
How many fronts would we be fighting on then, I'm losing count?

Sup, Durfin.

Clove
09-18-2008, 11:25 AM
The question posed to Palin was SHOULD Georgia be accepted into NATO. Charlie used this "yes" answer from Palin to continue.

Palin wasn't confused... you are.I'm not confused at all. There's no "perhaps" here. That's the agreement IF you are a member state, they are not. That Palin thinks they should be doesn't change that.

Considering you compared Georgia (a non-NATO state) to Poland (a NATO state), I'd say you were most confused of all. You can has Aricept dose?

Gelston
09-18-2008, 11:31 AM
It would be the oint if Georgia were a member of NATO. I don't think Palin has her members straight. However, if they were a member of NATO they would have NATO's support, not just ours.

And thats the way the question was phrased to her in the interview. If Georgia were a NATO member.

Clove
09-18-2008, 11:39 AM
And thats the way the question was phrased to her in the interview. If Georgia were a NATO member.So in other words she's being asked if she knows what NATO entails?

Gelston
09-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Mostly I think its aimed at asking her if she would stand behind Alliances mae by the US even if it meant WW3.

Clove
09-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Mostly I think its aimed at asking her if she would stand behind Alliances mae by the US even if it meant WW3.NATO stopped the expansion of the Soviet Union into Eastern Europe without starting WW3, that was point of its inception. I seriously doubt Russia would invade Georgia were it a NATO state.

Sean of the Thread
09-18-2008, 11:46 AM
"Well, boys will be boys."

Gelston
09-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Yes, but that wasn't the question she was asked. It was whether or not Palin would do something if Georgia, as a NATO State, we invaded again by Russia.

I don't think Russia would invade them either, though, which is possibly a large reason Russia doesn't want them in NATO.

Clove
09-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes, but that wasn't the question she was asked. It was whether or not Palin would do something if Georgia, as a NATO State, we invaded again by Russia.

I don't think Russia would invade them either, though, which is possibly a large reason Russia doesn't want them in NATO.It's precisely the reason Russia doesn't want them in NATO. They wouldn't be able to exhert dominance over Georgia without invoking consequences too severe to make it worthwhile and Georgia holds strategic importance to them.

Stupid interview questions FTW.

Gelston
09-18-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm happy with Palin's response to the question, personally. Russians weren't.

So they made up shit and called it news.

Parkbandit
09-18-2008, 12:34 PM
your apology is accepted Clove

Clove
09-18-2008, 12:43 PM
your apology is accepted CloveI'm not apologizing. WTF retarded discussion are you having. "Hey! Guess what, if Georgia joined NATO we'd have to defend them against Russia! Didja know, didja know? What do you think about THAT!?"

They aren't a member of NATO.
If they were Russia wouldn't invade them.

Parkbandit
09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
That was the worst "thank you for accepting my apology" post ever.