PDA

View Full Version : Dumbercrats get dumberer...

Parkbandit
09-11-2008, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp_2Cw4RH1c

The epic stupidity speaks for itself. It's as if the Dumbercrats WANT to fail.

WTF?

Bokertal
09-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I feel like I'm dreaming...is this all really happening? Hello?

Jorddyn
09-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Summary for those of us blocked at work?

Tisket
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Cohen, on the House floor, compares Obama to Jesus and Palin to Pontius Pilate.

Jorddyn
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Cohen, on the House floor, compares Obama to Jesus and Palin to Pontius Pilate.

Great, let's have our party be the whacked out religious ones...

Parkbandit
09-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Summary for those of us blocked at work?

Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen said this on the House floor yesterday:

“If you want change, you want the Democratic Party,” Cohen said. “Barack Obama was a community organizer like Jesus, who our minister prayed about. Pontius Pilate was a governor.”

For those who don't know Pontius Pilate was the Governor that ordered Jesus crucified.

Bokertal
09-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Steve Cohen Campaigns for Obama on House Floor

"Barak Obama is a community organizer, like Jesus who our minister prayed about....blah blah Ponchus Pilot...blah blah."

Ignot
09-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Church and State as one!

Tisket
09-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Great, let's have our party be the whacked out religious ones...

It's not my party.

Gan
09-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Amazing.

Really, amazing.

Warriorbird
09-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Hilarious given all the Republican bullshit. If you take it as other than humor you're being an idiot.

Some Rogue
09-11-2008, 02:57 PM
LOL, right...."just kidding!!!"

Tsa`ah
09-11-2008, 03:04 PM
LOL, right...."just kidding!!!"

No, actually it wasn't a "just kidding" moment.

For those who don't get it, it was a response to the religious right (that Palin is part of) taking jabs at community organizing.

It wasn't a "Jesus" campaign moment for Obama ... It was pointing out that their savior (Jesus) was a community organizer who worked within the communities under the "governorship" of Pilot.

There was no direct comparison made between Jesus and Obama outside of community organizing ... nor was there any comparison made between Palin and Pilot other than being governors.

The point was obviously lost by more than a few tards.

When are we going to move on to Palin spending more than half of her time as governor at her home in Wasilla ... and charging Alaskan tax payers for it?

Jorddyn
09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
It's not my party.

I didn't mean to insinuate that it was. It was directed at said idiots within my party, making it our party. Poorly worded, I'll agree.

Khariz
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Cohen = Epic Fail

Methais
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Here's Pontious Pilate at his absolute best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5k9wPOegbs

Hulkein
09-11-2008, 04:36 PM

For those who don't get it, it was a response to the religious right (that Palin is part of) taking jabs at community organizing.

It wasn't a "Jesus" campaign moment for Obama ... It was pointing out that their savior (Jesus) was a community organizer who worked within the communities under the "governorship" of Pilot.

There was no direct comparison made between Jesus and Obama outside of community organizing ... nor was there any comparison made between Palin and Pilot other than being governors.

When are we going to move on to Palin spending more than half of her time as governor at her home in Wasilla ... and charging Alaskan tax payers for it?

I understood what he was trying to do and it's still a stupid comment. If Jesus was running for president with 'Community Organizer' as one of his main background qualifications a lot of people would call him too unprepared for the job, too.

Parkbandit
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM

LOL.. I was actually expecting Ashliana to justify the stupidity.. but here comes Tsa'ah for the win.

Nice one.

Parkbandit
09-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Hilarious given all the Republican bullshit. If you take it as other than humor you're being an idiot.

I'm sure he was just kidding around...

If Tsa'ah didn't already make you look less stupid, I'd really be laughing at you right now.

Tea & Strumpets
09-11-2008, 07:22 PM

You don't see anything ridiculous about his analogy where Obama is Jesus, and Palin is Pilate?

Gan
09-11-2008, 07:23 PM
If you believe it was humor rather than a rebuttal against the remarks that were made by Guiliani and Palin at the RNC then you're being an idiot.

This line has been floating about the democrat blogs for a while now - its just finally getting airtime by the appropriate Obama supporters who have access to a camera.

Gan
09-11-2008, 07:26 PM
You don't see anything ridiculous about his analogy where Obama is Jesus, and Palin is Pilate?

As I stated in another thread. If this is the 'change' in politics we can expect from the Obama campaign (that includes his supporters) then lets agree now that its not really change other than a different person sitting behind that desk in the oval office.

Daniel
09-11-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not the change they are going for. Just sayin.

Tea & Strumpets
09-11-2008, 07:29 PM
As I stated in another thread. If this is the 'change' in politics we can expect from the Obama campaign (that includes his supporters) then lets agree now that its not really change other than a different person sitting behind that desk in the oval office.

Well I don't really think that guy's comments have anything to do with Obama, even though he is clearly trying to support him. You can't hold the Democrat nominee responsible for anything any Democrat in office says/does--and vice versa.

But that really was a retarded analogy.

Tsa`ah
09-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I understood what he was trying to do and it's still a stupid comment. If Jesus was running for president with 'Community Organizer' as one of his main background qualifications a lot of people would call him too unprepared for the job, too.

Except that the only people who seem to think Obama has listed that as a qualification are ... well you guys. Obama has never touted his time as an organizer as a qualification.

eh ...

Mabus
09-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Except that the only people who seem to think Obama has listed that as a qualification are ... well you guys. Obama has never touted his time as an organizer as a qualification.

Strange, he never brings up the 143 days he spent in the US Senate before announcing his candidacy for President as a qualification either..., does he?

What were his qualifications again?

Tea & Strumpets
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM

I don't think he was picking a random "community organizer" or a random "governor" for his silly analogy. I'm not sure why anyone would put blinders on to silly comments, regardless of whoever you are voting for. I don't think Obama or McCain are responsible for everything someone in their party says or does.

Tsa`ah
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Nor does the McCain bring up that his VP choice has been governor of AK for only 20 months ... and half of that she spent at home (billing the expense of that to the taxpayers).

Seems to be the GOP MO ... talk about qualifications and personality ... let's not go to the issues.

In this campaign though, it's less and less of how qualified McCain is and more and more how qualified Palin is.

Tsa`ah
09-11-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't think he was picking a random "community organizer" or a random "governor" for his silly analogy. I'm not sure why anyone would put blinders on to silly comments, regardless of whoever you are voting for. I don't think Obama or McCain are responsible for everything someone in their party says or does.

No, he wasn't picking people at random .. stop being retarded. This has been a direct response to the attacks that came out of the RNC.

crb
09-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Nor does the McCain bring up that his VP choice has been governor of AK for only 20 months ... and half of that she spent at home (billing the expense of that to the taxpayers).

Seems to be the GOP MO ... talk about qualifications and personality ... let's not go to the issues.

In this campaign though, it's less and less of how qualified McCain is and more and more how qualified Palin is.
Because no one doubt's McCain's qualifications. He is one of the most experienced candidates ever.

Mabus
09-11-2008, 07:59 PM

Skipping that McCain is much more qualified then Obama (which is apparent to anyone with sense), how many days was Palin a Governor before being chosen to be the VP candidate, as compared to how many days Obama was a US Senator before announcing his candidacy?

Of course you don't want to talk about it, as the GOP VP candidate has more experience (and hers includes executive experience) then the DNC presidential candidate.

Hulkein
09-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Except that the only people who seem to think Obama has listed that as a qualification are ... well you guys.

Someone has to list something in order for it to be subject to scrutiny?

Tea & Strumpets
09-11-2008, 08:16 PM

I'm not really sure what to say other than I'm sorry for being retarded. I seriously doubt you'd be defending a Republican that made identical comments regarding McCain/Biden, which is why I think your argument is ridiculous.

I think both of us are inspirational people, Tsa'ah. I am inspirational like Ghandi, and you are motivational like Sadam Hussein. The only thing I am trying to point out with this analogy, is that we both inspire our followers.

I don't understand why some of you (seem to me to) base your arguments solely on party/political affiliation.

TheRunt
09-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Personally I think the comparison is funnier than shit. Obama=Jesus? Yeah right.
What I have a problem with is it being done on the house floor. If Cohen had done it on stage at the DNC or on a tv news program that would of been fine.
And the Mel Brooks clip of Pilate is funny as hell. But this ones not funny but is still a classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmnmOTYPU9E
I love that movie.
And actually comparing Palin to Pontius? I think thats a great compliment on Palin. He was one hell of a politician.

TheRunt
09-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Oh and I was just realized this whats really really funny about the comment is this. Cohen is jewish and what did the jews think about jesus at the time? And what did they do to him?

Parkbandit
09-12-2008, 07:48 AM
And actually comparing Palin to Pontius? I think thats a great compliment on Palin. He was one hell of a politician.

HE KILLED JESUS YOU SON OF A BITCH!

(But let's be honest.. he started a giant, money making religion in the process.. so he can't be all bad, can he?)

crb
09-12-2008, 08:01 AM
For the record, Pontius Pilate did not kill Jesus. He was the judge and was just following the law and even wanted Jesus to get off, but the people didn't. So if you go on jeopardy and get that question, now you'll know.

RichardCranium
09-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Obama can't be Jesus because he's black.

Stanley Burrell
09-12-2008, 08:39 AM

Not only that, but this guy's name is Cohen and he knows all about Jesus. As a Jew, your only business knowing about Jesus is at the local delicatessen for delicious rye bread sammiches.

Edit: Yes, all deli workers who make sammiches are, in fact, named Jesus.

Parkbandit
09-12-2008, 08:42 AM
For the record, Pontius Pilate did not kill Jesus. He was the judge and was just following the law and even wanted Jesus to get off, but the people didn't. So if you go on jeopardy and get that question, now you'll know.

Revisionist.

Drew
09-12-2008, 08:43 AM

Irish Jesus 4life.

Gan
09-12-2008, 09:36 AM

So Pilate was a constructionist.