PDA

View Full Version : More Elitist Remarks from Obama

ClydeR
08-21-2008, 01:27 PM
"Somebody asked John McCain, 'How many houses do you have?' And he said, 'I'm not sure, I'll have to check with my staff,'" Obama said with a tone of incredulousness at an outdoor event here.

"If you don't know how many houses you have, then it's not surprising that you might think the economy is fundamentally strong," he said. "But if you're like me, and you got one house, or you are like the millions of people who are struggling right now to keep up with their mortgage so they don't lose their home, then you might have a different perspective."

The audience laughed and clapped, and then Obama added: "And, by the way, the answer is, John McCain has seven homes." That, it turns out, is true.

The damning McCain quote, which came in an interview with Politico, played neatly into Obama's argument -- his current focus heading into the convention -- that he understand the economy better and that the Republican candidate "doesn't get it" when it comes to voters' lives.

More... (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/08/21/obama_jumps_on_mccain_house_co.html)

Only elitists are so concerned about appearances that they keep an inventory of their prestige possessions. The fact that McCain wasn't sure exactly how many houses he has just shows that McCain is not preoccupied with prestige possessions. Furthermore, I question if Obama is telling the truth about owning only one house. He has to live somewhere while he's in Washington. The media should look into that.

Latrinsorm
08-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Only elitists are so concerned about appearances that they keep an inventory of their prestige possessions.Are you seriously saying that anyone who knows they have one house is an elitist?

CrystalTears
08-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Only elitists are so concerned about appearances that they keep an inventory of their prestige possessions. The fact that McCain wasn't sure exactly how many houses he has just shows that McCain is not preoccupied with prestige possessions.
So I guess the majority of the people in this world are elitists since we know we only have one house.

If McCain doesn't know how many houses he has, it could be because he is so rich that he has no idea where his money is going. Yeah that makes me really comfy in the pants.

BigWorm
I see what you did there.

ClydeR
Well that didn't take long. The Obama campaign already has an ad about it on the Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpmFd25tRqo).

waywardgs
I'm still unconvinced ClydeR is a real person. It's just over the top ridiculousness. Claiming Obama is elitist because MCain has 7 homes? Too funny.

BigWorm
08-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm still unconvinced ClydeR is a real person. It's just over the top ridiculousness. Claiming Obama is elitist because MCain has 7 homes? Too funny.

Um, duh?

NocturnalRob
08-21-2008, 01:40 PM
i absolutely call shenanigans on obama owning only one house.

and who gives a shit if mccain owns 7 homes? i guarantee if i owned 7 homes, i wouldn't make a big deal out of it. shit, i probably wouldn't be able to keep track of them all.

BigWorm
08-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I think the point is that most people don't have seven homes, thus painting McCain as an elitist.

NocturnalRob
08-21-2008, 02:06 PM
I think the point is that most people don't have seven homes, thus painting McCain as an elitist.

that's because most people are poor and lazy. so what if the guy has 7 homes? being rich doesn't make you elitist.

Daniel
08-21-2008, 02:11 PM
that's because most people are poor and lazy. so what if the guy has 7 homes? being rich doesn't make you elitist.

Neither does shopping at Whole Foods, but that didn't stop CRB.

Gan
08-21-2008, 02:16 PM
I suppose the real question is how many homes does McCain have that he uses for his benefit?

I know many people who own multiple homes for investment (rent) houses. Some have more than they can directly keep track of - meaning its a business with someone else managing it.

If this is not the case for McCain - then he looked like an idiot with that curveball question.

CrystalTears
08-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Wait, what? Not owning more than one home makes you poor and lazy?

ClydeR
08-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Are you seriously saying that anyone who knows they have one house is an elitist?

No, but I see how my post could come across that way. I was trying to say that an elitist is someone who owns a lot of houses and keeps a close inventory of the exact precise number. McCain owns a lot of houses but he doesn't keep a close count of the exact precise number. I hope that clears it up.

NocturnalRob
08-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Wait, what? Not owning more than one home makes you poor and lazy?

eh, maybe not lazy, but definitely poor.

CrystalTears
08-21-2008, 02:21 PM
What do you mean definitely poor? Seriously? Because owning a home is so cheap or something?

Stanley Burrell
08-21-2008, 02:29 PM
I live in a section eight penthouse suite, baby.

NocturnalRob
08-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Because owning one home is so cheap

fixed

Stanley Burrell
08-21-2008, 02:44 PM
I was in the projects the other day, and unless the impoverished minorities have taken up shelling cars with the latest Mercedes prototypes, there is enough liquid value in automobiles to buy a small country in a few blocks of South Bronx/Upper Harlem.

CrystalTears
08-21-2008, 02:45 PM
I think we're calling the wrong people elitist. Just saying.

NocturnalRob
08-21-2008, 03:01 PM
look, being elitist means that you think you deserve to be treated better than other people based on perceived superiority, whether that's financial status, social standing, whatever.

i don't hear mccain touting his standing as total awesome overlord because he owns 7 houses and obama (ostensibly) only owns one. obama is making an assumption based on the fact that mccain is an old, wealthy, white man. so clearly he must be elitist. it's absurd.

Stanley Burrell
08-21-2008, 03:01 PM
I think we're calling the wrong people elitist. Just saying.

Holler.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o74/rapunxel/X-Files/PicTheLoneGunmen.jpg

The elite have nothing on the l33t.

Ashliana
08-21-2008, 03:07 PM
look, being elitist means that you think you deserve to be treated better than other people based on perceived superiority, whether that's financial status, social standing, whatever.

i don't hear mccain touting his standing as total awesome overlord because he owns 7 houses and obama (ostensibly) only owns one. obama is making an assumption based on the fact that mccain is an old, wealthy, white man. so clearly he must be elitist. it's absurd.

I don't think the point was that "he owns 7 houses, he must be an old, wealthy, elitist white man."

They assert that he's so rich, so elitist, so out of touch with the concerns of the everyday citizen, he didn't even know how many houses he owns.

That's what's absurd. Not the criticism of such a situation. It's not a huge deal--it just goes to show how far removed he is.

NocturnalRob
08-21-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't think the point was that "he owns 7 houses, he must be an old, wealthy, elitist white man."

The point was that he's so rich, so elitist, so out of touch with the concerns of the everyday citizen, he didn't even know how many houses he owns.

That's what's absurd. Not the criticism of such a situation. It's not a huge deal--it just goes to show how far removed he is.

seriously? you really think he's just going to say he owns 7 houses? yeah, great idea.

"Hey, I know most people are in a tight economic situation right now, and it only seems to be getting worse. How many houses do I own? Seven. I fly to them all on my jet. Except the one on my private island. I take my 130 foot yacht there."

It's called not feeding the fucking beast. Clearly it backfired to some degree, but I sure as fuck wouldn't tell people I owned 7 houses. Let Obama accuse him of whatever. Guarantee Obama owns (partial or directly) more than one house.

Parkbandit
08-21-2008, 03:22 PM

They assert that he's so rich, so elitist, so out of touch with the concerns of the everyday citizen, he didn't even know how many houses he owns.

I'm just glad that Obama hasn't decided to turn how many homes McCain owns into some political ad.. because clearly it would be negative and have nothing to do with the issues.

Mabus
08-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Guarantee Obama owns (partial or directly) more than one house.
It is doubtful. Tough times for the Obama's when dealing with real estate. The felon Rezko isn't around to help them buy another one.

Sean
08-21-2008, 03:27 PM
You might not want to say "I own 7 homes." but it would look better if you said something more like a few or several or something indicative of the quantity of homes. Saying 'I'm not sure, I'll have to check with my staff' just wont look good to some people.

Ashliana
08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm just glad that Obama hasn't decided to turn how many homes McCain owns into some political ad.. because clearly it would be negative and have nothing to do with the issues.

Pity I'm not running his campaign then, isn't it, PB? We've already covered that they are becoming more negative. But the personal attack game has started. Yay!

At least we'll get some entertainment value out of it. I'm hoping it gets really, really juvenile and the Obama campaign uses that YouTube video full of McSame-isms. McCain is a really, really awkward speaker. But I suppose we only have to wait till the debates for that.

Stanley Burrell
08-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Seriously, the president of the United States should drive a Hyundai.

This fucking president has spent like a drunken fucking sailor. Fuck. I would've just gone with, "I'll try purchasing Crawford to catch up with the current C.E.O.," mainly (and this is very important) because you <3 the cock. Whoever.

This thread makes me have to poop, seriously.

crb
08-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Neither does shopping at Whole Foods, but that didn't stop CRB.
Telling poor people "Have you seen the price of arugula lately at whole foods?" Because you're trying to relate to them, does.

In anycase, I rate this thread FAIL. Rich people, and John McCain is rich, often own a lot of real estate, and considering his wife has the cash and they keep the incomes separate he may not know all of their real estate portfolio. For instance, his wife may technically own the houses his children live in, he may also be including rental property. Who cares, what is a far more interesting issue is how you got the houses.

Did you, perhaps, get a house below market value because some fraudster made a dirty deal to buy a lot next door for above market value? That, is a far more interesting discussion.

Nieninque
08-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Well that didn't take long. The Obama campaign already has an ad about it on the Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpmFd25tRqo).

That's a Rickroll right?
Or Meatspin?

crb
08-21-2008, 03:44 PM

qft

crb
08-21-2008, 03:47 PM
McCain needs a good Dr. Evil impression, every time someone tries to deride him his wife's wealth she should pull it out

"Senator McCain, how much money does you wife make."

(brings pinky up to mouth) "One meeeeeellion dollars!"

"Senator McCain, how many houses do you own?"

(brings pink up to mouth) "One meeeellion houses!"

"Mr. McCain, Mr. McCain, over here..."

(brings pinky up to mouth) "That is Senator McCain, I didn't get elected to the evil US senate to be called mister!"

Gan
08-21-2008, 03:51 PM
McCain needs a good Dr. Evil impression, every time someone tries to deride him his wife's wealth she should pull it out

"Senator McCain, how much money does you wife make."

(brings pinky up to mouth) "One meeeeeellion dollars!"

"Senator McCain, how many houses do you own?"

(brings pink up to mouth) "One meeeellion houses!"

"Mr. McCain, Mr. McCain, over here..."

(brings pinky up to mouth) "That is Senator McCain, I didn't get elected to the evil US senate to be called mister!"

LOL

ClydeR
08-21-2008, 04:12 PM

A little know fact, which I know because I am one of Bush's biggest fans, about President Bush is that he does Dr. Evil impersonations in private. The Austin Powers movie is one of his favorite pieces of cinematic art. Two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hmz6DVpz0s) videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJcDcau6DPg).

If McCain is trying to distance himself from President Bush, then that would be a bad idea.

ClydeR
08-21-2008, 04:14 PM
That's a Rickroll right?
Or Meatspin?

I only did that once to somebody who deserved it. And this is not the second time.

crb
08-21-2008, 04:20 PM
god forbid people think McCain and Bush have the same taste in movies, the election would be OVER!

Warriorbird
08-21-2008, 04:22 PM
McCain went negative... now hopefully Obama will. Don't expect that money to go unspent.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
08-21-2008, 04:38 PM
The dude in that second youtube trying to make Bush look bad for doing the Dr. Evil impression is retarded.

Dr. Evil is awesome.

Gan
08-21-2008, 06:52 PM
It is doubtful. Tough times for the Obama's when dealing with real estate. The felon Rezko isn't around to help them buy another one.

McCain went negative... now hopefully Obama will. Don't expect that money to go unspent.

Dont know if this is posted or not - but here's McCain's response (one of them).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjC2AlWy6CI

ClydeR
08-21-2008, 06:57 PM
i absolutely call shenanigans on obama owning only one house.

I've been on the Google all day trying to find proof that Obama owns a house in Washington. All I can find is a FoxNews article from 2007.

WASHINGTON — A Capitol Hill house where Sen. Barack Obama rents an apartment caught on fire Sunday, but a spokesman said the Democratic presidential contender was out of town to celebrate Father's Day.

The fire appeared to be on the third floor of a townhouse in northeast Washington, and was likely caused by an old fan that had malfunctioned, said Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs. Obama rents an apartment on the second floor, Gibbs said.

More... (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,283612,00.html)

crb
08-21-2008, 07:24 PM
The dude in that second youtube trying to make Bush look bad for doing the Dr. Evil impression is retarded.

Dr. Evil is awesome.
Was that the Chris Matthews, former democratic party operative, one? Ya... he is unbiased. Welcome to the MSM, this is what we bitch about. Taking something as benign as an impression of a goofy movie character and trying to infer meaning "oh no, bush is impersonating mike myers impersonating a james bond character acting like an evil terrorist genius"

Parkbandit
08-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Pity I'm not running his campaign then, isn't it, PB? We've already covered that they are becoming more negative. But the personal attack game has started. Yay!

At least we'll get some entertainment value out of it. I'm hoping it gets really, really juvenile and the Obama campaign uses that YouTube video full of McSame-isms. McCain is a really, really awkward speaker. But I suppose we only have to wait till the debates for that.

So... if the tables were turned.. you would be outraged for McCain pulling this negative shit on Obama.

And McCain blew Obama out of the water during the Forum. Even the liberals think so... which is why they came up with the "OMG, MCCAIN R CHEATING WITH NO CONE OF SILENCE!"

Without a teleprompter, Obama is average at best.

Warriorbird
08-21-2008, 07:35 PM
I think they both have weaknesses unprompted. If they can ever get McCain mad on camera... he loses.

Parkbandit
08-21-2008, 07:37 PM
I think they both have weaknesses unprompted. If they can ever get McCain mad on camera... he loses.

/agree

I actually want him to... just because it would be hilarious and I couldn't really give a shit who wins this election. Either way, the big loser will be AMERICA!!!111oneone.

Parkbandit
08-21-2008, 07:38 PM
And a big :rofl: has to go out to the NBC "News" leading with this 'story'.

I guess when you are the National Barack Channel.. you need to.

Apathy
08-21-2008, 07:43 PM
You're not going to find proof of him owning a house in Washing because he rents.

He doesn't have enough political experience to own a home there.

Damn forgot the italics.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
08-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Was that the Chris Matthews, former democratic party operative, one? Ya... he is unbiased. Welcome to the MSM, this is what we bitch about. Taking something as benign as an impression of a goofy movie character and trying to infer meaning "oh no, bush is impersonating mike myers impersonating a james bond character acting like an evil terrorist genius"

It's definitely retarded. Both sides do it and hopefully most people with half a brain realize how fucking dumb it is.

I do an awesome Dinosaur impression.. that must mean that I want to cannibalize people and eat raw meat only!

CrystalTears
08-21-2008, 09:21 PM
I do an awesome Dinosaur impression..
I SO want to see that.

Khariz
08-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Me too, but only if it's a velociraptor impression.

Warriorbird
08-21-2008, 09:30 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff59/jenno99_photo/Baby4sale.jpg

Ashliana
08-21-2008, 09:30 PM
So... if the tables were turned.. you would be outraged for McCain pulling this negative shit on Obama.

And McCain blew Obama out of the water during the Forum. Even the liberals think so... which is why they came up with the "OMG, MCCAIN R CHEATING WITH NO CONE OF SILENCE!"

Without a teleprompter, Obama is average at best.

Haven't you regretted making assumptions about me before? There's nothing wrong with running a negative campaign, except that McCain specifically said he wouldn't be. Add it to the list of flip-flops under his belt.

Wait for the debates and we'll see who outspeaks the other.

Back
08-21-2008, 10:22 PM
First, thats some bad copy...

The damning McCain quote, which came in an interview with Politico, played neatly into Obama's argument -- his current focus heading into the convention -- that he understand the economy better and that the Republican candidate "doesn't get it" when it comes to voters' lives.

It should have been understands plus they still use foot and inch marks instead of proper quotes and apostrophes.

Only elitists are so concerned about appearances that they keep an inventory of their prestige possessions. The fact that McCain wasn't sure exactly how many houses he has just shows that McCain is not preoccupied with prestige possessions. Furthermore, I question if Obama is telling the truth about owning only one house. He has to live somewhere while he's in Washington. The media should look into that.

Ok, so let me try to understand this. You are basically trying to say that people who own multiple homes, and can’t remember how many homes they own, are humble people while people who own one home are liars and elitist?

Back
08-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Oof, I am late to this debate. Sorry all.

If I worked for McCain, I would suggest he put out an ad bashing Obama for only having one house. How could you trust a slacker like that running the country!?!?

Parkbandit
08-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Haven't you regretted making assumptions about me before? There's nothing wrong with running a negative campaign, except that McCain specifically said he wouldn't be. Add it to the list of flip-flops under his belt.

Wait for the debates and we'll see who outspeaks the other.

I don't recall you having an issue with Obama's flip flops... nor his change in election finances which he specifically said he wouldn't do.

At this point in time.. I don't think you can call my assumptions about you incorrect.

Sean of the Thread
08-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Who gives a shit.

Bottom line.

Parkbandit
08-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Who gives a shit.

Bottom line.

Obviously it's important.. it was the very first story on the NBC news this evening.

Back
08-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Who gives a shit.

Bottom line.

FTW

Though I might have gone reverse...

Bottom line.

Who gives a shit.

TheEschaton
08-22-2008, 01:29 AM
I'm pretty sure being rich (and disagreeing with the GOP) automatically makes you a limousine liberal elitist, so why is being unable to remember YOU OWN SEVEN HOUSES not elitist?

In other words, if John Edwards forgot how many homes he owned, he'd be an effete, elitist liberal snob. McCain's just rich? So rich he can't recall where his assets are going? Clyde would suggest this shows humility, I think many will think it shows fiscal irresponsibility, something not very Presidential.

Besides, rich + GOP does equal elitist, they all think anybody can be fabulously wealthy, and if they aren't, it's because they're lazy and possibly unintelligent.

Back
08-22-2008, 01:36 AM
Hey now, nobody used the term effete. Until you. Thats fucked up.

Parkbandit
08-22-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm pretty sure being rich (and disagreeing with the GOP) automatically makes you a limousine liberal elitist, so why is being unable to remember YOU OWN SEVEN HOUSES not elitist?

In other words, if John Edwards forgot how many homes he owned, he'd be an effete, elitist liberal snob. McCain's just rich? So rich he can't recall where his assets are going? Clyde would suggest this shows humility, I think many will think it shows fiscal irresponsibility, something not very Presidential.

Besides, rich + GOP does equal elitist, they all think anybody can be fabulously wealthy, and if they aren't, it's because they're lazy and possibly unintelligent.

Show me a poor politician. Hell, show me a middle class politician.

They are all 'rich' and 'elitists'.

I just find it amusing that people like Ashliana who were so "McCain is using negative ads and not talking about the issues!" are fine with Obama's latest ads talking about the seven houses.

It's only negative if the evil Republicans put them out.

NocturnalRob
08-22-2008, 10:05 AM
McCain's just rich? So rich he can't recall where his assets are going?

yet another in a long string of ignorant statements you continue to spout. we've been over this. you really think it's good tactics to tell everyone you own 7 houses? most of america will take that badly.

l2strategery

Ashliana
08-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Show me a poor politician. Hell, show me a middle class politician.

They are all 'rich' and 'elitists'.

I just find it amusing that people like Ashliana who were so "McCain is using negative ads and not talking about the issues!" are fine with Obama's latest ads talking about the seven houses.

Again, complete glossing over of reality. The ads I've seen from McCain have been petty, bitter and more about Obama than himself--which is how his campaign has been run since Rove's cronies joined.

Negativity is fine, but McCain specifically stated that his campaign would be clean, and above that sort of thing. He was full of it.

Back
08-22-2008, 10:16 AM
yet another in a long string of ignorant statements you continue to spout. we've been over this. you really think it's good tactics to tell everyone you own 7 houses? most of america will take that badly.

l2strategery

Someone has a head on their shoulders...

I don’t blame McCain for it. He is, after all, trying to get the seat. It seems he will do anything, or deny, to get it.

ClydeR

It's because McCain's houses are boosting the economy. In 2007 the McCains paid (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12700.html) their household servants $273,000. That's how trickle down economics works. Let me ask you this. How much did Obama contribute to the economy?

CrystalTears
you really think it's good tactics to tell everyone you own 7 houses? most of america will take that badly.
You're right, except that asking someone who wants to be president about a personal detail and not having the answer would have people question whether he will have an eye on detail for other things as well.

I think Obama is going about the "elitist" thing all wrong. They're both elitist and to say "omg he's more elitist than I am!" isn't going to work.

ClydeR
08-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Hey now, nobody used the term effete. Until you.

Yeah. I had to look it up too.

Back
08-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah. I had to look it up too.

Wrong.

Even worse? You didn’t get the joke.

Back
08-22-2008, 10:24 AM
It's because McCain's houses are boosting the economy. In 2007 the McCains paid (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12700.html) their household servants $273,000. That's how trickle down economics works. Let me ask you this. How much did Obama contribute to the economy?

You have to be kidding? How many illegals have the McCain’s hired to do their lawnscaping?

NocturnalRob
08-22-2008, 10:25 AM
I think Obama is going about the "elitist" thing all wrong. They're both elitist and to say "omg he's more elitist than I am!" isn't going to work.

i think everyone needs to look up the definition of the word elitist.

Drew
08-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Who really gives a shit how many houses someone has? PS: BacklashR, stop posting.

CrystalTears
08-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Considering that Obama is being tagged as elitist because he has a million dollar home, has wealth, and went to Harvard, meaning he no longer can tout that he's one of the people, per say. I think the same kind of attributes can be associated with McCain as well.

Back
08-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Who really gives a shit how many houses someone has? PS: BacklashR, stop posting.

Who are you and when did I piss you off?

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
08-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Who are you and when did I piss you off?

He is Drew, and I'll take a shot in the dark and say "numerous times over the duration of your time on this message board".

Parkbandit
08-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Again, complete glossing over of reality. The ads I've seen from McCain have been petty, bitter and more about Obama than himself--which is how his campaign has been run since Rove's cronies joined.

Negativity is fine, but McCain specifically stated that his campaign would be clean, and above that sort of thing. He was full of it.

:rofl:

So Obama criticising McCain over how many houses he has ISN'T PETTY??

Come on. You are quickly slipping back into your retarded Backlash mode.

CrystalTears
08-22-2008, 11:02 AM
I think we can drop the whole "McCain said he wouldn't do it and he is" mantra. He's being a politician. OMG. BFD.

Obama changing his stances on some issues as often as he changes his underwear is a bit unsettling. Rationalize that he's going in the correct direction for things all you want, but who's to say he won't do the same once elected.

Ashliana
08-22-2008, 11:16 AM
:rofl:

Come on. You are quickly slipping back into your retarded Backlash mode.

Again, completely missing the point. Are you sniffing glue today, PB? Or just trying to make your flowchart become the reality that it usually is?

McCain stated he wouldn't be running this type of campaign. That's the issue. Not simply "doing it"--that's business as usual. Yes, politicians change their minds. But he implied his campaign was above it, and yet they jumped at it when he became the nominee.

Parkbandit
08-22-2008, 11:27 AM
And Obama clearly flip flopped on the way he was going to finance his campaign. Obama has also flip flopped on offshore drilling.

Why are you holding McCain to different standards you aren't willing to hold Obama to?

I find your line of reasoning hypocritical.. but typical.

Ashliana
08-22-2008, 11:35 AM
And Obama clearly flip flopped on the way he was going to finance his campaign. Obama has also flip flopped on offshore drilling.

Why are you holding McCain to different standards you aren't willing to hold Obama to?

I find your line of reasoning hypocritical.. but typical.

No. You're just being too much of an obstinate ass to think objectively.

There's a difference between saying you won't do something, and then doing it (as Obama did with campaign financing), and simply changing your position.

There's a difference between McCain changing his opininion on off-shore drilling, which is a flip-flop, but not an outright lie. McCain stated he wouldn't be running a bitter, negative campaign, which was a lie. Obama stated he would be taking public financing, which was a lie.

You keep trying to pidgeon hole me into being a hypocrite, and you keep trying to deflact talk of McCain with talk of Obama. I'm talking about McCain. Typical.

crb
08-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Again, completely missing the point. Are you sniffing glue today, PB? Or just trying to make your flowchart become the reality that it usually is?

McCain stated he wouldn't be running this type of campaign. That's the issue. Not simply "doing it"--that's business as usual. Yes, politicians change their minds. But he implied his campaign was above it, and yet they jumped at it when he became the nominee.
damnit... I lost my post... retyping.

McCain said he didn't want to run any personal attack ads, like saying Obama had a bastard, and he wanted a series of gentlemanly debates focused on the issues.

Obama has reneged on also wanting debates, he has rejected doing them (because he sucks when not choreographed). Meanwhile McCain has not run any personal attacks. Calling someone inexperienced is not personal, it is a valid political issue, calling someone's support shallow in a celebrity sort of way is not personal. McCain has condemned any truly personal attacks on the Obamas by any of his supporters, and he even refused to attack Obama on Wright at first, until Obama said it was a valid political issue.

He never said he'd never run any negative ads, Obama did say though that he too would like to do a bunch of issues focused debates... Oh well...

Parkbandit
08-22-2008, 11:45 AM
No. You're just being too much of an obstinate ass to think objectively.

There's a difference between saying you won't do something, and then doing it (as Obama did with campaign financing), and simply changing your position.

There's a difference between McCain changing his opininion on off-shore drilling, which is a flip-flop, but not an outright lie. McCain stated he wouldn't be running a bitter, negative campaign, which was a lie. Obama stated he would be taking public financing, which was a lie.

You keep trying to pidgeon hole me into being a hypocrite, and you keep trying to deflact talk of McCain with talk of Obama. I'm talking about McCain. Typical.

I'm actually not talking about Obama or McCain.. but more of you excusing one candidate's behavior and admonishing the other for doing the same thing.

No one is pigeon holing you into coming across as a hypocrite, you are doing that all by yourself. I'm merely pointing it out and laughing.

Ashliana
08-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Would you like me to quote the number of times you brought up Obama, directly quoting me in this thread, when I was talking about McCain? Just because I have a problem with McCain on this, doesn't mean I don't have other, unrelated problems with Obama. But they're irrelevant in that context.

You continually bring up Obama, when I'm talking about McCain. It's typical, bullshit deflection. McCain lied. I'm not talking about Obama. McCain. End of story. Please move on.

Drunken Durfin
08-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Obviously it's important.. it was the very first story on the NBC news this evening.

Hrmmm....

http://www.projectcensored.org/articles/story/left-progressive-media-inside-the-propaganda-model/

Parkbandit
08-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Would you like me to quote the number of times you brought up Obama, directly quoting me in this thread, when I was talking about McCain? Just because I have a problem with McCain on this, doesn't mean I don't have other, unrelated problems with Obama. But they're irrelevant in that context.

You continually bring up Obama, when I'm talking about McCain. It's typical, bullshit deflection. McCain lied. I'm not talking about Obama. McCain. End of story. Please move on.

Once again.. I'm simply pointing out your hypocrisy. I see posts like this:

Hillary and McCain both teamed up on Obama--negativity left and right, non-stop. They mostly ignored it, and they've done as well as they have. Obama's campaign has recently started to fight back with negativity, but it's still mostly criticism of policy from what I've seen, whereas McCain has been absolutely desperate to attack Obama in any fashion.

I hadn't realized that the number of houses you own is now policy.

Like I said.. you had no problem pointing out McCain doing this (which I haven't seen yet... I've asked you for these vicious personal attack ads.. you've yet to source one) but when Obama puts out a clearly personal attack ad, you claim "DIVERSION!" "DISTRACTION!" "LET'S MOVE ON!"

Parkbandit
08-22-2008, 12:57 PM

Oh.. the hypocrisy!!

You're a fucking idiot. The argument you're making can be applied to nearly ANY politician. They tend to be rich. The same argument you're making applies to all of the major candidates this time around. Romney? Millionaire. Clinton? Same. Senator. McCain? Even more so. MUCH, MUCH richer than Obama.

Daniel
08-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Huh?

Warriorbird
08-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Parkbandit's flirting. He should've been a philosophy major.

Ashliana
08-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Once again.. I'm simply pointing out your hypocrisy. I see posts like this:

[/b]

I hadn't realized that the number of houses you own is now policy.

Like I said.. you had no problem pointing out McCain doing this (which I haven't seen yet... I've asked you for these vicious personal attack ads.. you've yet to source one) but when Obama puts out a clearly personal attack ad, you claim "DIVERSION!" "DISTRACTION!" "LET'S MOVE ON!"

Actually, what you're trying to do is take posts from earlier threads that I didn't say in response to this issue. You're trying to deflect the issue, which is McCain being full of shit, onto "Obama is also full of shit. How can you not criticize both?"

I'm talking about McCain in this thread. I'm sorry that you're desperately trying to deflect any meaningful discussion about McCain's choice of response in this case.

My opinion of Obama is irrelevant as it pertains to McCain being completely out of touch with the so-called common man. Your objection that the ad wasn't about policy would only be relevant in the other discussion.

Oh.. the hypocrisy!!

Oh.. the stupidity! You made the argument that McCain is out-of-touch for the Obama campaign. Yes, they're all rich compared to the common person. But Obama isn't the one claiming he doesn't even know how many he owns, is he? Simply being rich doesn't mean you're out of touch with common concerns. When you get to the point where you own so many personal houses, you don't know how many you have off-hand, the insinuations probably hold some water.

CrystalTears
08-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Except that asking a man like McCain how many houses they own is probably not something he knows immediately because he has a rich wife who may have bought houses herself, making them joint assets.

He's been said to say four. That's probably all he knows about off hand.

Parkbandit
08-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Actually, what you're trying to do is take posts from earlier threads that I didn't say in response to this issue. You're trying to deflect the issue, which is McCain being full of shit, onto "Obama is also full of shit. How can you not criticize both?"

I'm talking about McCain in this thread. I'm sorry that you're desperately trying to deflect any meaningful discussion about McCain's choice of response in this case.

My opinion of Obama is irrelevant as it pertains to McCain being completely out of touch with the so-called common man. Your objection that the ad wasn't about policy would only be relevant in the other discussion.

Again.. the ONLY point I am making is that you are a hypocrite. By posting your opinion in regards to McCain.. then having a completely OPPOSITE response for Obama doing the same thing, it's clear I've proven my point. One thing you continue to forget.. I COULDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MCCAIN. To think I'm trying to deflect this thread because I don't want people to see McCain in a poor light couldn't be further from the truth. Shine that light on the old angry man... be my guest.

Oh.. the stupidity! You made the argument that McCain is out-of-touch for the Obama campaign. Yes, they're all rich compared to the common person. But Obama isn't the one claiming he doesn't even know how many he owns, is he? Simply being rich doesn't mean you're out of touch with common concerns. When you get to the point where you own so many personal houses, you don't know how many you have off-hand, the insinuations probably hold some water.

Again.. you missed the point. You defended Obama when he was called an elitist, saying that all politicians are rich and 'elitists'.. an opinion which I agree with. But the moment Obama tries to paint McCain as an elitist, you are "YEA! HE R ONE!!!"

Again.. hypocritical.. and sadly typical.

Parkbandit
08-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Huh?

Damn.. I forgot to dumb it down for you, didn't I.

Here's a picture of a cookie. Everything should be ok now.

http://www.sallys-place.com/food/columns/zonis/Best_Cookie-20.jpg

Ashliana
08-22-2008, 01:54 PM
No. You missed the point then, and miss it now. I defended Obama when called an elitist because he's no more elitist than any politician is elitist, and by any reasonable standards, is less affluent, and more common than his competitors. But Crb's rejection of Obama boiled down to "Oh my god! He shops at Whole Foods and buys Arugula! What an elitist! He thinks he's better than you by shopping there!"

McCain's comment, however, does show that his status pretty much removes him from the concerns of the common citizen. Whatever, that's who he is. But given that, calling Obama elitist makes absolutely no sense.

Please try again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/PsiElement/flowchart.png

(Note: I didn't make the chart. I think Narcisiia did, not sure.)

Khariz
08-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm eating a small rolfwaffle after the flowchart.

Daniel
08-22-2008, 02:07 PM
rofl @ Ashliana.

Parkbandit
08-22-2008, 03:02 PM
No. You missed the point then, and miss it now. I defended Obama when called an elitist because he's no more elitist than any politician is elitist, and by any reasonable standards, is less affluent, and more common than his competitors. But Crb's rejection of Obama boiled down to "Oh my god! He shops at Whole Foods and buys Arugula! What an elitist! He thinks he's better than you by shopping there!"

McCain's comment, however, does show that his status pretty much removes him from the concerns of the common citizen. Whatever, that's who he is. But given that, calling Obama elitist makes absolutely no sense.

Please try again.

So Obama isn't anymore of an elitist than any other politician.. so you agree that Obama inferring McCain is some elitist now because he has 7 or 8 houses is really, really stupid?

AnticorRifling
08-22-2008, 03:05 PM
You fail at flowcharts. And holy shit I need to step away from work after realizing that I was looking at the structure of the flowchart and how to correct it....so chances are I also fail.

ClydeR
08-22-2008, 07:49 PM
You have to be kidding? How many illegals have the McCain’s hired to do their lawnscaping?

This is no kidding matter.

When you're talking about a high class household servants like a butler and lady's maids like the McCains have, then you're talking about good wages. That means Americans will take the jobs.

Illegal immigrants take low wage jobs, like picking lettuce or working in chicken processing factories. John McCain demonstrated his non-elitism and economic knowledge (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/border/124762) when he explained that fact to an Arizona audience two years ago. You must have some Mexicans here to do work that no one else will do, he said, like picking lettuce for just $50 per hour. McCain explained that you would never be able to get Americans to pick lettuce for such a low wage.

It's only low wage jobs that attract illegal immigrants, and that doesn't include domestic servants for wealthy households. It might include lower class wealthy households that can only afford illegal Mexicans, but not high class wealthy households.

McCain does not employ illegal immigrants.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
08-22-2008, 08:26 PM
You fail at flowcharts. And holy shit I need to step away from work after realizing that I was looking at the structure of the flowchart and how to correct it....so chances are I also fail.

Feel free to correct it. It was a two minute MS paint job.

Apathy
08-22-2008, 09:03 PM

When you're talking about a high class household servants like a butler and lady's maids like the McCains have, then you're talking about good wages. That means Americans will take the jobs.

Illegal immigrants take low wage jobs, like picking lettuce or working in chicken processing factories. John McCain demonstrated his non-elitism and economic knowledge (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/border/124762) when he explained that fact to an Arizona audience two years ago. You must have some Mexicans here to do work that no one else will do, he said, like picking lettuce for just $50 per hour. McCain explained that you would never be able to get Americans to pick lettuce for such a low wage.

It's only low wage jobs that attract illegal immigrants, and that doesn't include domestic servants for wealthy households. It might include lower class wealthy households that can only afford illegal Mexicans, but not high class wealthy households.

Funniest thing I've read all day. Thank you.

Audriana
08-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Except that asking a man like McCain how many houses they own is probably not something he knows immediately because he has a rich wife who may have bought houses herself, making them joint assets.

He's been said to say four. That's probably all he knows about off hand.

I'm afraid that's a problem Mr. McCain and I don't share... But a problem that I can easily solve for him with a matchbook and a few barrels of gasoline, and a problem I'd love to get to know more in-depth.

crb
08-22-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm afraid that's a problem Mr. McCain and I don't share... But a problem that I can easily solve for him with a matchbook and a few barrels of gasoline, and a problem I'd love to get to know more in-depth.
Seriously? You're going to go with that? Classy. Viva la Revolution.

Back
08-23-2008, 01:19 AM

Ok. You do realize, of course, what thread you just posted that in?

Am I wearing irony glasses or was that not blatantly obvious?

Back
08-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Seriously? You're going to go with that? Classy. Viva la Revolution.

It’s Viva la Revolución, actually.

ClydeR
08-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Ok. You do realize, of course, what thread you just posted that in?

Of course I know what thread I am posting in. Let me sum it up for you.

First I pointed out that McCain's lapse of memory on the exact precise number of houses he owns was a sign that he is not elitist. The I pointed out that McCain is helping, in the best tradition of trickle down economics, to spur the economy by paying $273,000 of wages last year to his household servants.

Then completely out of the blue you questioned how many of McCain's servants were illegal Mexicans.

I responded by pointing out that people in McCain's class pay good wages to their servants, the kind of wages that attract Americans to do the work. As McCain himself pointed out, illegal Mexicans are needed in this country to do menial tasks that Americans are not willing to perform, such as, again as McCain himself has said, picking lettuce for $50 per hour. Americans, McCain has pointed out, are not willing to take such low wage menial jobs. Once again, this shows that McCain is in touch with the average American and not an elitist.

You see now, I hope, that I was responding to you in the correct thread.

None of the above should be interpreted to mean that I support McCain, because I don't. I'm just saying it's not fair to call him elitist. He's definitely one of us.

Mabus
08-23-2008, 01:32 PM
First I pointed out that McCain's lapse of memory on the exact precise number of houses he owns was a sign that he is not elitist.
Lapse of memory? Come on, your democrat stripes are showing. Your act can be better then that.

If previous campaigns are any indication, ageism could well drive more voters to McCain then take them away.

His wife's and his finances are separate. Rather then make a figure up he stated the truth, he did not know and would have his staff get back to them. Honesty.

I know, hard for Obama supporters to picture a politician as honest when they have seen their candidate state all campaigns should be publicly financed, he would take public financing and would urge the GOP candidate to do the same, or when he said he would get us out of Iraq as his first priority and then turn around and add later that circumstances on the ground would dictate the withdrawal plan, or any of the other items he has stated that he later "changed" their "hope" on.

But some candidates can be honest, and McCain was.

Back
08-23-2008, 03:53 PM
None of the above should be interpreted to mean that I support McCain, because I don't. I'm just saying it's not fair to call him elitist. He's definitely one of us.

Ok, ClydeR. I’m conceding somewhat. You are correct to say it is wrong for people to call someone an elitist just because they own 7 homes and pay $200K a year to house servants.

But, no one has called McCain an elitist. What is being pointed out, and I feel correctly, is that a man who can’t remember how many homes he owns with however many servants does not have the same perspective of your average American voter.

Parkbandit
08-23-2008, 04:00 PM
But, no one has called McCain an elitist. What is being pointed out, and I feel correctly, is that a man who can’t remember how many homes he owns with however many servants does not have the same perspective of your average American voter.

Obama's ad is saying that McCain owns 7 houses and he is also saying that the economy has strong fundamentals.. yet there are poor people losing their homes due to foreclosure. Clearly this is because McCain is an elitist and is so rich that he couldn't possibly understand the plight of the typical American.

Clearly he is painting McCain as an elitist.

Back
08-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Obama's ad is saying that McCain owns 7 houses and he is also saying that the economy has strong fundamentals.. yet there are poor people losing their homes due to foreclosure. Clearly this is because McCain is an elitist and is so rich that he couldn't possibly understand the plight of the typical American.

Clearly he is painting McCain as an elitist.

He has not literally called McCain an elitist was the part of the point. The other point is that McCain is far removed from the average American’s perspective.

We are all very aware of how our economy is. If your business was doing well I would not jump to call you an elitist. Unless you don’t mind belonging to the club of businesses who are doing well in this economy and are proud of it. Frankly, I wouldn't give two shits if anyone called me elitist because my business was doing well.

CrystalTears
08-23-2008, 04:58 PM
He has not literally called McCain an elitist was the part of the point.
Without actually stating "you're an elitist", Obama is trying to imply how much more of an elitist McCain is than him all because of many homes he owns that he isn't aware of. In other words, that he's apparently more of out touch with the average American people because of how rich he is.

Stanley Burrell
08-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I don't know what the http://www.forum.gsplayers.com/images/icons/icon2.gif icon stands for.

That is my stellar contribution.

Parkbandit
08-23-2008, 11:46 PM
He has not literally called McCain an elitist was the part of the point. The other point is that McCain is far removed from the average American’s perspective.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/The_Game21/epicfail.jpg

Parkbandit
08-23-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't know what the http://www.forum.gsplayers.com/images/icons/icon2.gif icon stands for.

That is my stellar contribution.

Well.. at least it's understandable. That's a refreshing change of pace from you.

Stanley Burrell
08-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I pretty much suck.

ClydeR
08-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Without actually stating "you're an elitist", Obama is trying to imply how much more of an elitist McCain is than him all because of many homes he owns that he isn't aware of. In other words, that he's apparently more of out touch with the average American people because of how rich he is.

McCain addressed this issue yesterday in an interview (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4378173n) with Katie Couric. McCain told Couric that it didn't matter that he couldn't remember how many homes he owns because he used to be a POW in Vietnam. He said he didn't have any house while he was in prison.

I worked it out on a sophisticated computer spreadsheet. If McCain was a prisoner in Vietnam without a house and now has several homes that are worth $14 million, then it all averages out to what the ordinary American has.

Gan
08-25-2008, 10:45 AM
McCain addressed this issue yesterday in an interview (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4378173n) with Katie Couric. McCain told Couric that it didn't matter that he couldn't remember how many homes he owns because he used to be a POW in Vietnam. He said he didn't have any house while he was in prison.

I worked it out on a sophisticated computer spreadsheet. If McCain was a prisoner in Vietnam without a house and now has several homes that are worth $14 million, then it all averages out to what the ordinary American has.

wow...

just wow.

CrystalTears
08-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah. I got nothing for that too.

Daniel
08-25-2008, 11:06 AM
rofl

Parkbandit
08-25-2008, 11:09 AM

Clearly your liberal bias is shining through your facade. I watched the interview.. he (of course) mentioned that there was a point in time where he didn't have a home, didn't even have a chair.. but his reason for not knowing exactly how many houses he had was pretty well explained. He has 4 residences and a number of investment houses (turns out to be 4). If he had given an exact number that turned out to be incorrect, the Obama campaign would be doing the same thing.

Parkbandit
08-25-2008, 11:15 AM

Clearly your liberal bias is shining through your facade. I watched the interview.. he (of course) mentioned that there was a point in time where he didn't have a home, didn't even have a chair.. but his reason for not knowing exactly how many houses he had was pretty well explained. He has 4 residences and a number of investment houses (turns out to be 4). If he had given an exact number that turned out to be incorrect, the Obama campaign would be doing the same thing.

ClydeR
08-25-2008, 11:39 AM

This is why I always like your posts. You always commendably demand accuracy. The internet needs more people like you. However, McCain and his staff have been using McCain's POW experience to explain his housing issue ever since McCain couldn't answer the question, as show below.

The McCain campaign was in full damage-control mode as the housing story took off today. Rogers tried to play down the story, saying that reports of the many McCain houses were overstated.

"The reality is they have some investment properties and stuff. It's not as if he lives in ten houses. That's just not the case," Rogers said. "The reality is they have four that actually could be considered houses they could use."

Those four include an apartment in Arlington, a ranch in Sedona, and two condos, in California and Phoenix, he said. The others include "some investment properties and things like that."

He also added: "This is a guy who lived in one house for five and a half years -- in prison," referring to the prisoner of war camp that McCain was in during the Vietnam War.

More... (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/08/21/mccain_spokesmans_retort_obama.html)

Being a POW can excuse a lot of things. If someone wanted to, he could dig up many occasions where McCain used his POW status to deflect criticism on an unrelated matter, starting with the first debate in which McCain participated as a politician when he was running for a House seat. On that occasion, a long-time Republican congressman in Arizona retired. McCain wanted to get into politics and run for the retiring congressman's seat, but McCain did not live in the district. Cindy bought a house in the district, and the McCains moved there just in time to qualify to run. The issue of McCain's move came up in the debate. McCain's answer was that he didn't have a house when he was a POW, and, therefore, no one should lecture him on how long he had lived in the district. McCain's opponent was too stung to come up with a good response.

Just a few days ago, when a reporter questioned whether or not McCain was in a "cone of silence" during the Saddleback forum, the McCain campaign answered that it was wrong to question McCain's ethics, because McCain used to be a POW.

I could find many more if I had the time and motivation.

Parkbandit
08-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Again, you are missing the point.

He's not saying the REASON he didn't know how many houses he had was BECAUSE he was a POW (which you are inferring) but that he simply didn't know the combination of homes and investment properties.

I'm pretty sure he isn't managing the day to day operations of his investment properties.

BigWorm
08-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Again, you are missing the point.

He's not saying the REASON he didn't know how many houses he had was BECAUSE he was a POW (which you are inferring) but that he simply didn't know the combination of homes and investment properties.

I'm pretty sure he isn't managing the day to day operations of his investment properties.

Isn't this the exact type of deflecting that you derided when you kept bringing up the Rezko properties (non-)issue?

Mabus
08-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Being a POW can excuse a lot of things. If someone wanted to, he could dig up many occasions where McCain used his POW status to deflect criticism on an unrelated matter,
And being different then the mainstream in other matters could be used to deflect valid criticisms as well.

Like:
"Nobody really thinks that Bush or McCain have a real answer for the challenges we face, so what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me. You know, he's not patriotic enough. He's got a funny name. You know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on those dollar bills, you know. He's risky."

Or:
"They're going to try to say, 'Well, you know, he's got a funny name, and he doesn't look like all the presidents on the dollar bills and the five-dollar bills,' and they're going to send out nasty e-mails,"
Or:
Or when the "Rev." Wright controversy breaks, hold a speech on "race relations", not on how you spent almost 1/2 of your life nodding along, donating to that racist and calling him a spiritual mentor. Later, get rid of him as quietly as you can. Also call a guest preacher at your church "any guest speaker", even though you have known him for over 20 years. Later, leave your church for political reasons.
Or:
When Bill Clinton praises Jesse Jackson and you for running great campaigns in SC, have your staffers say that he was comparing you only because of race. Repeatedly call the comment, and Bill Clinton, racist until the lie is believed.

No clear line of using anything as a defense there, eh? I would take a man bringing up the fact that while serving his country honorably he was imprisoned by the enemy over a race-bait game meant to foster "white guilt" from a person that was not descended from slaves.

ClydeR
08-25-2008, 01:32 PM
And being different then the mainstream in other matters could be used to deflect valid criticisms as well.

You're not going to get me to defend Obama. I would never vote for him, just like I would never vote for McCain. If you want to defend McCain by saying that Obama is just as bad as McCain, then go right ahead. The difference between Obama and McCain is integrity. Obama believes all the liberal Democrat things he says, like on healthcare, taxes, trade and the housing crisis. McCain just says whatever is popular at the moment, which is why he has been both for and against almost any issue you can think of.

Parkbandit
08-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Isn't this the exact type of deflecting that you derided when you kept bringing up the Rezko properties (non-)issue?

Incorrect as usual.

It's pretty simple for most people to understand... you and ClydeR seem to be the exceptions.

Great company there.

Mabus
08-25-2008, 03:24 PM
You're not going to get me to defend Obama.
Anyone with a lick of sense knows you are a democrat pretending to be the stereotype of an ultra-right christian.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
08-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Anyone with a lick of sense knows you are a democrat pretending to be the stereotype of an ultra-right christian.

Or he could truly be bat shit insane like that.

But I'm more inclined to believe you are correct :/

ClydeR
08-25-2008, 04:42 PM

Nonsense. You made a weak defense of your candidate. I pointed out that you were attempting to deflect the issue by raising unrelated criticisms of Obama. Now you're trying to deflect the issue again by questioning my faith. As a traditional Christian, I am accustomed to being attacked, so it does not anger me. I have to wonder, though, if you think that your position is so indefensible that you have to resort to attacking me on unrelated matters.

McCain owns more houses than most people have pairs of shoes. Speaking of shoes, he wears expensive imported designer shoes. He takes a nine car motorcade to Starbucks every morning for coffee. Even before he started running for president, he used a private plane for transportation. His wife is the largest beer distributor, which some of us equate with drug dealing, in the country. He fishes from a private artificial lake on his "ranch" in Arizona, just like Bush does on his ranch in Texas. He thinks illegal immigrants make $50 per hour (that's $100,000 per year for those of you who are math challenged) picking lettuce and that Americans would be unwilling to work for such a low wage. I could go on.

None of the above disqualifies him from being an effective president, nor does it necessarily mean that he is out of touch with the average American. His status as a former POW is not relevant, but it seems to be his only defense. When he tries to cover up or mislead the public on those issues, it will come back to sting him. So, Mabus, just keep helping McCain to obfuscate on those matters and see where it leads.

Mabus
08-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Nonsense. You made a weak defense of your candidate.
Really?

So you, oh great pretender, are stating that Obama repeatedly playing a "race card" to push at "white guilt" while being the descendant of the Luo tribe (who were historically known as slave traders) in order to deflect criticism and challenges is far more defensible then other people bringing up the challenges faced by a man during his honorable service to our country.

You would make Maureen Dowd proud!

Daniel
08-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Really?

So you, oh great pretender, are stating that Obama repeatedly playing a "race card" to push at "white guilt" while being the descendant of the Luo tribe (who were historically known as slave traders) in order to deflect criticism and challenges is far more defensible then other people bringing up the challenges faced by a man during his honorable service to our country.

The fuck?

Parkbandit
08-25-2008, 06:35 PM

The fuck?

Fucking crb..

My apologies Danny.

http://www.code4gold.com/images/racecard.jpg

http://blogplatoon.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/obama.jpg

http://www.rrtraders.com/Shields/LUO-TRIBE.jpg

http://www.observer.com/files/imagecache/article-teaser/files/111405_article_book_hansen.jpg

ClydeR
08-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Really?

No, I'm saying that McCain has a real political problem with not knowing how many houses he has. Unless he is address the gaffe in a persuasive way, he will continue to have a problem. Making weak counterattacks on Obama does nothing to address the problem. In fact, such attacks deepen the growing perception that McCain is a rich elitist who is out of touch with the average person.

Mabus
08-25-2008, 07:04 PM
No, I'm saying that McCain has a real political problem with not knowing how many houses he has.

His "political problem", as seen by Gallop. (http://www.gallup.com/poll/109792/Gallup-Daily-Race-Tied-Democratic-Convention-Starts.aspx)

"Candidates deadlocked at 45%"

Back
08-25-2008, 09:56 PM

Playing the POW card. Does that also let him off the hook for cheating on his wife?

Otherwise known as the sin of adultery?

ClydeR
08-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Playing the POW card. Does that also let him off the hook for cheating on his wife?

Otherwise known as the sin of adultery?

McCain believes in the sanctity of marriage. A questioner in Tennessee in June told McCain that she thought it needed to be harder to end marriages and that McCain would have to address the issue of his first marriage at some point in the campaign. McCain got a standing ovation with his response (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENLAfKdH66s), "On the issue of marriage, I just believe in the sanctity and unique status of marriage between man and woman. That's what I believe, that's what I support, and that's what I will fight for."

Back
08-26-2008, 11:48 AM
McCain believes in the sanctity of marriage. A questioner in Tennessee in June told McCain that she thought it needed to be harder to end marriages and that McCain would have to address the issue of his first marriage at some point in the campaign. McCain got a standing ovation with his response (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENLAfKdH66s), "On the issue of marriage, I just believe in the sanctity and unique status of marriage between man and woman. That's what I believe, that's what I support, and that's what I will fight for."

By his own admission he is an adulterer. Perhaps that helps him in certain circles.

I think cheating on your significant other is very fucked up.

Khariz
08-26-2008, 11:57 AM
By his own admission he is an adulterer. Perhaps that helps him in certain circles.

I think cheating on your significant other is very fucked up.

Dude...he met Cindy over 28 years ago.

If you cheated on your wife 30 years ago, married the person you were cheating on her with, and have been with her ever since, I think I would have forgiven you by now.

Yes, what you did at the time was wrong, but I'm not going to hold against you something you did 30 years ago (and have never done since).

Back
08-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Dude...he met Cindy over 28 years ago.

If you cheated on your wife 30 years ago, married the person you were cheating on her with, and have been with her ever since, I think I would have forgiven you by now.

Yes, what you did at the time was wrong, but I'm not going to hold against you something you did 30 years ago (and have never done since).

30, 40, 1000 years... it’s still a sin. In certain circles...

Just saying.

In other circles it would be considered an accomplishment.

Khariz
08-26-2008, 12:18 PM
30, 40, 1000 years... it’s still a sin. In certain circles...

Just saying.

In other circles it would be considered an accomplishment.

And what are we supposed to do with Sins? Hmm?

Oh that's right...forgive them.

Hot damn! Like I said, it's been 30 years! The man is sorry for what he has done. Forgive him that sin.

Back
08-26-2008, 12:24 PM
I’m all about judge lest ye be. Forgive and forget. Turn the other cheek.

But I do not buy this holier than thou attitude.

Khariz
08-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I’m all about judge lest ye be. Forgive and forget. Turn the other cheek.

But I do not buy this holier than thou attitude.

What holier than thou attitude?

Back
08-26-2008, 12:39 PM
The POW card.

Daniel
08-26-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm not gonna talk shit about someone being holier than thou in regards to being a POW in Vietnam for 5 years. That guy could call me a pussy to my face, tell me to fuck my mother and I'd let it ride.

That said, he probably shouldn't be breaking that shit out to deflect attacks on other issues.

Khariz
08-26-2008, 02:45 PM
That said, he probably shouldn't be breaking that shit out to deflect attacks on other issues.

That's true. I do think his campaign is severely overusing the service.

ClydeR
08-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Leno asked McCain how many houses he has last night. Watch it on the Youtube and tell me if you think McCain is playing the POW card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OfQH4fJXmU

ClydeR
09-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Vanity Fair says (http://www.vanityfair.com/online/politics/2008/09/cindy-mccains-300000-outfit.html) the outfit that Cindy McCain wore at the convention Tuesday night cost $300,000.

:wow:Wow

crb
09-04-2008, 04:28 PM
hooray for relevance.

Gan
09-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Vanity Fair says (http://www.vanityfair.com/online/politics/2008/09/cindy-mccains-300000-outfit.html) the outfit that Cindy McCain wore at the convention Tuesday night cost $300,000.

:wow:Wow

I'd like to take this time to point out the new quote in my signautre from Mike Huckabee. And say 'great job!'. http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Warriorbird
09-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Mabus = ClydeR.

ClydeR
09-04-2008, 04:44 PM
I'd like to take this time to point out the new quote in my signautre from Mike Huckabee. And say 'great job!'. http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

The big disappointment from last night's session of the convention was when I noticed that Mike Huckabee is gaining his weight back.

Mabus
09-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Mabus = ClydeR.
Warriorbird=Idiot.

A moderator has already posted that as far as they can tell, I am not. That you would post bullshit comparisons between a leftist pretending to be an extreme right-winger tells everyone a lot about your level of intelligent debate.

Bravo, for being such an idiot!

Warriorbird
09-04-2008, 05:00 PM
That you care so much is suspicious.

;)

Parkbandit
09-04-2008, 05:19 PM
That you care so much is suspicious.

;)

You posted it.. so I assume you somehow care?

ClydeR is clearly a liberal pretending to be a Religious nut Republican. Mabus doesn't fit the liberal mold...

But... you easily do.

Sounds to me it's far more accurate to claim Warriorbird = ClydeR

Warriorbird
09-04-2008, 06:16 PM
You totally should check IPs then...

... or alternately you could accept that your party has wackjobs.

TheEschaton
09-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Seriously, who concluded ClydeR is a liberal masquerading as a whackjob? The self-delusion is rampant in the GOP.

Stanley Burrell
09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
As much as I want to say PB can't handle the truth, ClydeR makes me think he's a thrashing horny beaver of flowing liberalness. Because he's my alt' account :thumbup:

Warriorbird
09-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Stop! I'm pretending to be him now!

ClydeR
09-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Now they're criticizing McCain because of how many cars he has (http://www.newsweek.com/id/160091), especially the foreign ones.

Clove
09-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Seriously, who concluded ClydeR is a liberal masquerading as a whackjob? The self-delusion is rampant in the GOP.Uh, thanks for proving the point. Okayy?

Parkbandit
09-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Just another example of how liberals need help catching up.

ViridianAsp
09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
It’s Viva la Revolución, actually.

Not according to The Addicts.

Personally, I think it's hilarious that Obama goes after this. He couldn't find a better way to attack McCain? It's great how that Harvard education is really paying off.

Faent
09-22-2008, 05:38 PM
The dude in that second youtube trying to make Bush look bad for doing the Dr. Evil impression is retarded. -Narcissiia

Retarded? Bush *is* a clueless megalomaniac. How is being perfectly truthful "retarded"?

ClydeR
05-08-2009, 03:59 PM
When President Barack Obama went into an Arlington, Virginia, burger joint this week and ordered a cheeseburger with "a spicy mustard, maybe a Dijon mustard or something like that...," several pundits jumped on him for ordering what they consider an elitist condiment: He ordered a burger with "a very special condiment," said Sean Hannity. "What kind of a man orders a cheeseburger without ketchup," asks Laura Ingraham, incredulously. Is Dijon mustard elitist? If so, what does that say about balsamic vinegar? Guess it must only be appropriate for royalty...

More... (http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/blogs/editor/2009/05/dijon-mustard-elitist.html)

When will Obama ever learn?

Androidpk
05-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I heard he dipped his freedom fries in mayo as well!

Mabus
05-08-2009, 05:22 PM
I heard he dipped his freedom fries in mayo as well!
The restaurant is partly known for its tater tots, and does not serve fries (or so I read somewhere).