PDA

View Full Version : Drudge: Bush to Attack Iran?

Gan
05-20-2008, 07:17 AM
US President George W. Bush intends to attack Iran in the upcoming months, before the end of his term, Army Radio quoted officials in Jerusalem as saying Tuesday.

The official claimed that a senior member of the president's entourage said during a closed meeting that Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney were of the opinion that military action was called for.

However, the official continued, "the hesitancy of Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice" was preventing the administration from deciding to launch such an attack on the Islamic Republic.

The report said that according to assessments in Israel, recent turmoil in Lebanon, where Hizbullah de facto established control of the country, was advancing an American attack.

Bush, the officials said, opined that Hizbullah's show of strength was evidence of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's crowing influence. They said that according to Bush, "the disease must be treated - not its symptoms."

In an address to the Knesset during his visit here last week, Bush said that "the president of Iran dreams of returning the Middle East to the Middle Ages."

"America stands with you in firmly opposing Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions," Bush said. "Permitting the world's leading sponsor of terror to possess the world's deadliest weapon would be an unforgivable betrayal of future generations. For the sake of peace, the world must not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1210668683139&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Since when did America become the offensive puppet for Israel?

I totally dont get how the JP could print something as inflammatory as this, at a time like this.

:wtf2:

I can think of many different scenarios we could 'involve' ourself with other than a direct assault as the article would lead one to believe.

Daniel
05-20-2008, 07:19 AM
Since when did America become the offensive puppet for Israel?

Anti Semite.

Waiting for Mabus rabid post about our true allies in: 3.....2....1...

Gan
05-20-2008, 07:30 AM
I mean come on. Its a little obvious that Israel is nervous that Iran is enriching uranium. Why compound the issue and the relations between the East and the West anymore than it already is by printing shit like this?

Was the whole alliance issue of the past two world wars lost on Israel?

I dont know why this story bothers me as much as it does. :(

Arkans
05-20-2008, 07:30 AM
The problem with any sort of debate regarding this type of topic is...

The second you speak ill of Israel and Israel's policies, you must hate jews.

Then again, this is coming from the lollercaust guy.

- Arkans

Parkbandit
05-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Anti Semite.

Waiting for Mabus rabid post about our true allies in: 3.....2....1...

Can't you take this thread seriously? I expected this type of response from you though.

Fallen
05-20-2008, 08:47 AM
We need to start a war in a place with a more temperate climate.

RichardCranium
05-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Genesis 12: 3 - "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

TheEschaton
05-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Fuck Israel.

Tsa`ah
05-20-2008, 10:54 AM
The article, and thus the claim, is a bit sketchy to begin with when you consider the "top official" isn't named.

I wouldn't go as far as to say TJP is the Israeli Fox News, but by our standards it is a pretty conservative paper.

That being said .... I doubt Bush or Cheney are naive enough to get us into a three front war. I also imagine that many citizens and government officials (the majority) don't want any additional conflict with Iran.

Sean of the Thread
05-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Israel took care of the first reactor just fine. Have at it again boys if you feel the need.

Tsa`ah
05-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Israel took care of the first reactor just fine. Have at it again boys if you feel the need.

Exactly.

The only real assistance Israel would ever need from the US would be in the event of an unwarranted direct attack on it's borders or invasion. We do more harm than anything by playing politics inside of their borders and pledging unquestioned support.

I view it as painting an even larger bull's eye on them.

Clove
05-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Israel took care of the first reactor just fine. Have at it again boys if you feel the need.Iran wants to make nuke. Israel has nukes. No contest.

Gan
05-20-2008, 11:21 AM
The White House this morning stridently rejected a report from the Jerusalem Post today (http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1210668683139&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull) that President Bush plans to attack Iran before he leaves office next January.

"An article in today's Jerusalem Post about the President's position on Iran that quotes unnamed sources — quoting unnamed sources — is not worth the paper it's written on," said White House press secretary Dana Perino this morning, in a statement e-mailed to the press around 9 a.m.

more...
http://video1.washingtontimes.com/potusnotes/2008/05/white_house_denounces_war_with.html

Martaigne
05-20-2008, 11:45 AM
We need to start a war in a place with a more temperate climate.

Like the French Riviera? They'll just surrender anyway. Ours.

Gan
05-20-2008, 11:53 AM
For sale:
1 french infantryman's rifle
-never fired
-dropped only once

Lucas
05-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Iran currently has a horde of asymmetric players (aka Al Qaeda and others) under it's fingers. If Bush does an ultimate fuckup move and decides to just put the cream on the top on his complete failure in foreign policy and attacks Iran. Then Iranian popular support for this ailing Iranian regime will be boosted. Iranians will want blood, and their screwed up regime will be more then willing to 'unleash the dogs' with possibly nuclear weapons under their disposal. A cessna with a 5 kilton bomb and 1 suicide bomber flying over NY anyone?

Clove
05-20-2008, 01:41 PM
A cessna with a 5 kilton bomb and 1 suicide bomber flying over NY anyone?F-16 with an AMRAAM anyone?

Stanley Burrell
05-20-2008, 01:48 PM
It sucks that Israel is at it again, invading and destabilizing Lebanon.

What happened to just hiring assassins to kill people, instead of having to go to war with an entire nation? We need Kissinger back.

ClydeR
05-20-2008, 02:18 PM
We definitely have to take military action against Iran some time in the next few months. The President should wait until after the November election. The President should follow his earlier precedent of not taking action that will "inject a major decision about this war in the final days of a campaign (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,228173,00.html)."

Furthermore, Obama wants to appease Iran and let them destroy us. If Obama wins, which seems unlikely, then the President should take military action immediately after the November election.

Stanley Burrell
05-20-2008, 02:18 PM
What happened to just hiring assassins to kill people, instead of having to go to war with an entire nation? We need Kissinger back.

See, I'm actually making a jokey-joke, here; but I think by blatant comparison, our all-of-a-sudden agendas, multiplied by infinity under this administration, would pale in comparison to Gestapo crosshair tactics.

I mean seriously, what other president would have even contemplated any of this? We actually decide that Lebanese movement is affecting us now? No other C.E.O. of the United States would have advocated and acted, physically, with policy that could even begin to serve as a parallel. A non-"compassionate" conservative, rofl, even with that many more stark, ridiculous agendas could not and would not have done anything remotely close to the actions of The Oval Office during the last seven years.

I have 0 problems with this president being an idiot. I have issues with his being a dangerous idiot. Let him fucking FINISH burying the grave of the abomination we've made of Iraq before digging more six foot holes.

Have we decided that we're at war with Iraq yet?

sst
05-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Maybe we are attacking them due to... oh I dont know us getting rocketed and bombed by ammunition made by Iran on a regular basis in Iraq... that and the IED's they supply Shi'a terrorists with kinda do a bit of damage.

BigWorm
05-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah, the solution to our problems with the Iraqi part of the "War of Terror" is to start a new war on a third front. Fucking genius.

Stanley Burrell
05-20-2008, 02:34 PM
I mean it's hysterical, not hah-hah hysterical, but hysterical that we've had more United States citizens die at the hands of not-weapons-of-mass-destruction-Iraq and this seemingly unchecked terror syndicate.

We could also not place you as salt in the wound. That's what we need. More and more revenge agendas. The nation of Iran didn't attack you, Dave. There is no way you, or me, or God/Allah/Buddha will be able to fight a guerrilla insurgency with piece placement warfare. We can't blanket Iraq with troops, let alone Iran. This has been the fundamental delusion of this administration.

Atlanteax
05-21-2008, 09:54 AM
The whole point of the planted story is to further encourage the senior clerics in Iran to remove Amadj from power (they already don't like him for being provocative and Iran's dire economic situation). Gates commented that in 2003-2004 (before Amadj came to power) that the US missed an opportunity to work with Iran, and that doing so with current Iran is questionable.

sst
05-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah, the solution to our problems with the Iraqi part of the "War of Terror" is to start a new war on a third front. Fucking genius.

I'm all for a bombing campaign on their military infrastructure.

longshot
05-21-2008, 11:02 AM
If they stop calling this "The War on Terror," and actually understand that terrorism is the byproduct of something much larger, then I'd understand the decision to attack.

How about "War on Jihad"?

Oh, I completely forgot... the Department of Homeland Security doesn't want us to use that word anymore. It unfairly links terrorism to Islam. Only the terrorists themselves are allowed to use religious justification for terrorist attacks. My bad.

Daniel
05-21-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm all for a bombing campaign on their military infrastructure.

because the resources being used in Iraq are consolidated and left in the open?

Think about this.

Written from my iPhone

sst
05-21-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm not sure what your referencing directly... I just feel they are getting a free pass to attack us over there though the proxy of the Shi'a militias they protect, supply, and train. While you were there you didn't have the pleasure of dealing with EFP's or cleaning up after them... Personally i hold Iran Directly responsible for the loss of way to many of our soldiers over there.