PDA

View Full Version : March 4th Primary predictions

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 09:47 AM
WINNER: Clinton

She'll take Ohio AND Texas, as well as Rhode Island, giving her renewed energy, focus and momentum to go to the Convention and pull a Clinton to win the nomination.

You go girl.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-04-2008, 09:50 AM

She'll take Ohio AND Texas, as well as Rhode Island, giving her renewed energy, focus and momentum to go to the Convention and pull a Clinton to win the nomination.

You go girl.

She was on the Daily show last night, she has to win.

Lyonis
03-04-2008, 10:02 AM

You go girl.

Wishful thinking but I understand :)

CrystalTears
03-04-2008, 10:23 AM

You go girl.
I truly hate you both and hope you both burn in flames.

Some Rogue
03-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Obama wins at least 2 if not 3 but all the contests will be close. He'll pull even further ahead on delegates, she will QQ about things not being fair and maybe shed a tear on tv. I will laugh as I watch her campaign go down in flames.

Gan
03-04-2008, 10:28 AM
GO HILLARY!!!

:lol:

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 10:28 AM
:)

Oh come on CT.. think about it. Hillary can finally break that glass ceiling that has been keeping women down for centuries. Couple that with her wonderful husband who was the best President ever, and you can't go wrong!!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/belike53/hillary-bill-clinton.jpg

Sean of the Thread
03-04-2008, 10:31 AM
BALAACKA ORAMA gets my nod. http://www.swiftkidsfortruth.org/

CrystalTears
03-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Fuck her and I hope she tears her face while going through that glass ceiling.

TheEschaton
03-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Hillary will win Ohio and RI, Obama will win VT, and Texas is up for grabs but I'm gonna say Hillary.

-TheE-

Kembal
03-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Voted this morning for Obama...decent line at the polling place. The Obama volunteer that was taking names down for the caucus this evening said that my precinct had quite a few people intending to caucus for Obama tonight.

Predictions:
Ohio: Clinton by 2
Vermont: Obama by 25
RI: Clinton by 5
Texas: Obama by 4 in the primary, and he trashes Clinton in the caucuses.

Obama will win the night in net delegates overall as well.

Warriorbird
03-04-2008, 01:17 PM
http://yeswecanhas.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/3am-call.jpg

radamanthys
03-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Agree with Kembal. She might win RI by more, though.

Gan
03-04-2008, 03:55 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/belike53/hillary-bill-clinton.jpg

LOL

winner

Daniel
03-04-2008, 03:59 PM
This for real happened today:

<Me and my Boy at the Red Cross eating Breakfast>

<MSNBC comes on with a story about Barack HUSSEIN Obama>

Old Crazy Black Guy: What the hell does his middle name have to do with anything? Why the hell should it matter if he is Muslim or not??

<10 more minutes of ranting and raving until he turns to us and starts asking us>

Me: Two words homie; "White people".

Old Crazy Black dude: ...Oh. Aight.

<Old Crazy Black dude turns around and quietly finished his meal>

My friend almost had a stroke laughing. I can't wait until the general election. Shit's gonna be crazy.

Gan
03-04-2008, 04:14 PM
So whats going to happen when all the people who are voting for Obama because he's black, if/when he doesnt make it?

Blame whitey?

Back
03-04-2008, 04:28 PM
I’ll predict 3 out of 4 for Obama. His momentum is strong and Hillary has been looking scorned already.

TX, RI, VT: Obama

OH: Clinton by a nose

Daniel
03-04-2008, 04:38 PM
So whats going to happen when all the people who are voting for Obama because he's black, if/when he doesnt make it?

Blame whitey?

Probably more like: Told you so.

Sean
03-04-2008, 04:40 PM
So whats going to happen when all the people who aren't voting for Obama because he's black, if/when he does make it?

Daniel
03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
He gets assassinated.

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Dear Ganalon..

It's only clear racism if the white man doesn't vote for Obama. It has nothing to do with race when a black man doesn't vote for Clinton.

Get your shit straight.

Davenshire
03-04-2008, 04:45 PM
http://thepage.time.com/tom-brokaw-on-msnbc/

50 supers??? YEAH! hope it's true!

OBAMA '08

Back
03-04-2008, 04:46 PM
List of Poll Closing Times from Taegan Goddard's Political Wire.

Vermont: 15 Democrat, 17 GOP delegates at stake; Polls close at 7 pm ET

Ohio: 141 Democrat, 85 GOP delegates at stake; Polls close at 7:30 pm ET

Rhode Island: 21 Democrat, 17 GOP delegates at stake; Polls close at 9 pm ET

Texas: 193 Democrat, 137 GOP delegates at stake; Polls close at 9 pm ET. Caucuses then begin after the polls close.

Daniel
03-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Dear Ganalon..

It's only clear racism if the white man doesn't vote for Obama. It has nothing to do with race when a black man doesn't vote for Clinton.

Get your shit straight.

Lol. So Ilvane not voting for Obama = Racism

Anyone else = not.

Sure

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 04:52 PM
http://thepage.time.com/tom-brokaw-on-msnbc/

50 supers??? YEAH! hope it's true!

OBAMA '08

If Clinton wins 3 out of 4 states tonight.. and if she wins Ohio by a large margin.. these mystery 50 Super Delegates will remain silent until a true winner is determined. These guys are politicians and always want to back the winner.. so they can get their share of the spoils.

This whole entire process needs a good flush. I am PRAYING for a Clinton landslide tonight (especially in TX.. get out the votes you Republicans!) and maybe, JUST MAYBE someone will take a good strong look at the way we 'elect' our leader. There is too many back alley deals, too much money being spent and too much 'favors' being offered.

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Lol. So Ilvane not voting for Obama = Racism

Anyone else = not.

Sure

Clearly you missed the point of that thread.. not that I'm surprised it went over your head.

Have someone re-read it tomorrow morning during your free breakfast.

Daniel
03-04-2008, 04:56 PM
My free breakfast?

I wish. The Red Cross Cafeteria is expensive.

Sean
03-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by ParkBandit
Dear Ganalon..

Get your shit straight.

You sound more and more like a White Jesse Jackson everyday. I hate to break it to you but there is no global minority conspiracy to call you a racist.

Davenshire
03-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Sorry PB it isn't gonna happen. I mean you can light candles around your laminated photo of rush limbaugh kissing george W on the ass in yer basement, and sacrifice all kinds of farm animals...

but it STILL isn't gonna happen!

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
You sound more and more like a White Jesse Jackson everyday. I hate to break it to you but there is no global minority conspiracy to call you a racist.

Fuck.. I JUST changed avatars too. :(

Actually.. most of my posts are the direct reversal of other posts. Mine only seem racist because I am white.

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Sorry PB it isn't gonna happen. I mean you can light candles around your laminated photo of rush limbaugh kissing george W on the ass in yer basement, and sacrifice all kinds of farm animals...

but it STILL isn't gonna happen!

:rofl:

You shouldn't talk with your mouth full of Obama cock.

Warriorbird
03-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Parkbandit =

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/howyalike.jpg

Stanley Burrell
03-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Parkbandit =

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/howyalike.jpg

Oh, troo.

Also:

ParkBandit = The name of a "park" "bandit" based upon the text-based MUD "GemStone (III)VI" and his subsequent carrying this over as an identity for a The GemStone IV Players' Corner Forum userhandle fodder.

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 06:12 PM
The name Hammerrhead is based upon someone being barely clever enough to realize that Hammerhead was already taken.. but he was SO set on having that be his name, he simply added an extra "r".

And Stanley Burrell is just an idiot... real life and here.

How's Mommy's basement treating you?

Warriorbird
03-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Realistic prediction.

Obama wins Texas, Clinton wins Ohio.

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Realistic prediction.

Obama wins Texas, Clinton wins Ohio.

That would suck and clearly end the fun in the Democratic Party many of us are enjoying. :(

HOPEFULLY, Texan Republicans will step up and deliver a win for Clinton.

Gan
03-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Time to go vote for Hillary.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE TODAY!!!

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Time to go vote for Hillary.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE TODAY!!!

Not sure I could do it.. you are truly a patriot.

BigWorm
03-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Awesome circlejerk, R Team!

Gan
03-04-2008, 06:23 PM

:jerkit:

Kembal
03-04-2008, 06:56 PM
No, no, unless Gan caucuses for her, it's not enough. Public declaration of support FTW.

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 06:56 PM

:rofl:

Your creativity and originality is astounding, given your limited intellect.

Well done.

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 06:58 PM
No, no, unless Gan caucuses for her, it's not enough. Public declaration of support FTW.

Yea.. I agree. Voting is one thing.. it's you and a ballot. CAUCUS for her will show your true dedication.

Anything less would be a sign of weakness in your convictions.

Back
03-04-2008, 07:06 PM
CNN projects VT for Obama and McCain.

Warriorbird
03-04-2008, 07:13 PM
No surprise.

Gan
03-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Not sure I could do it.. you are truly a patriot.

Actually, all kidding aside, I'll be casting my ballot for McCain in about half an hour. I've been tapped to help host the Republican 'caucus' after the polls close in my precinct, so voting Democrat will preclude my vote and assistance in that matter. And it will be a cold wet Sunday in hell before you see a picture of me holding a campaign sign for Hillary Clinton.

I think its important to let the votes fall without any 'strategy' as Rush would like to see it unfold. Let the people speak and let the vote reflect that accurately. There is no law in Texas that forces the voters to vote in the general as they did in the primaries (democrat or republican). The only thing that voting a particular way in the primaries will preclude voter from participating in is if there's a runoff in another party's race or participating in the caucus events post-election as well as being a selected to be a district/region/state/national delegate for your favored party. (I still question this since all voting is done by secret ballot, unless you're witnessed going into the seperate voting facility and called out for it - all democrats meet seperately from republicans in the primary designated voting areas).

Simply put, Obama will be McCain's biggest threat. And having an uber competetive general election might actually see some issues that need to be addressed, addressed. It might also force Obama to put a little more substance into his platform so people have a chance to vote for him (or not) on the issues rather than on his race.

Back
03-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Victory 12 for Obama. Ohio in 15 minutes.

Back
03-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Simply put, Obama will be McCain's biggest threat. And having an uber competetive general election might actually see some issues that need to be addressed, addressed. It might also force Obama to put a little more substance into his platform so people have a chance to vote for him (or not) on the issues rather than on his race.

The bolded part is completely bewildering to me. Are you trying to imply that Obama’s success thus far is because he has been and is in some way playing a race card?

Gan
03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
The bolded part is completely bewildering to me. Are you trying to imply that Obama’s success thus far is because he has been and is in some way playing a race card?

Its ok, you're easily bewildered.

If I attributed all of Obama's success to the race card, I would have said so. What I said was secret honky speak for hearing multiple people of color announce and or admit that they were voting for Obama was because he was black.

The same could be said for McCain's platform/issues and those who vote for him as well as Hillary's platform/issues and for those who vote for her. But since we've already established here on the PC that there are some who are voting for Hillary for the vajayjay factor - that need not be rehashed.

And I figured that it was a given that McCain represented the old white man establishment so there would be those who are voting for him purely for that purpose - so it would have been repetetive as well. That being said, I have not heard in any of my white homie circles anyone admit or announce that they were voting for McCain simply because he was white - of course I have not gone back to east Texas to visit my folks in a while, so that doesnt count as 100%. ;)

Back
03-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Its ok, you're easily bewildered.

When it comes to absurd statements like that one you made, yeah. Easily.

If I attributed all of Obama's success to the race card, I would have said so. What I said was secret honky speak for hearing multiple people of color announce and or admit that they were voting for Obama was because he was black.

Even moreso.

The same could be said for McCain's platform/issues and those who vote for him as well as Hillary's platform/issues and for those who vote for her. But since we've already established here on the PC that there are some who are voting for Hillary for the vajayjay factor - that need not be rehashed.

We’ve? Vajayjay Factor? What The Fuck???

And I figured that it was a given that McCain represented the old white man establishment so there would be those who are voting for him purely for that purpose - so it would have been repetetive as well. That being said, I have not heard in any of my white homie circles anyone admit or announce that they were voting for McCain simply because he was white - of course I have not gone back to east Texas to visit my folks in a while, so that doesnt count as 100%. ;)

Interesting theories.

Back
03-04-2008, 08:12 PM
CNN says it looks like Clinton might carry Ohio. But Texas may go to Obama.

Back
03-04-2008, 09:48 PM
McCain wraps it tonight, my friends.

Warriorbird
03-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Looks like Parkbandit might be right... though some folks are saying the extended primary is a good thing as it has seriously amped up Democratic turnout.

Gan
03-04-2008, 11:17 PM
When it comes to absurd statements like that one you made, yeah. Easily.
LOL, coming from you, thats a compliment.

We’ve? Vajayjay Factor? What The Fuck???
Oh yea, thats right, you missed out on that discussion - BECAUSE YOU WERE BANNED !!111oneoneuno. I'm not going to tutor you, ask Ilvane and she'll give you a few lessons.

Gan
03-04-2008, 11:19 PM
The line for voting Democrat was 20x as long as the line for Republican voting. There's been a huge turnout in our precinct for the D-primary election... Freaking huge.

Parkbandit
03-04-2008, 11:26 PM
( There were alot of Republicans in that line Gan :) )

Gan
03-04-2008, 11:27 PM
( There were alot of Republicans in that line Gan :) )

ROFL

My thoughts exactly!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Warriorbird
03-04-2008, 11:30 PM
It'd be kind of funny if Republicans got Hillary the nomination and she won.

Gan
03-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Funny as a planecrash.

Gan
03-04-2008, 11:42 PM
And... Huckabee drops out.

:bye:

GTFO

Solkern
03-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Victory 12 for Obama. Ohio in 15 minutes.

I think you need to edit this post, as your wrong

Clinton will win 3 out of 4
She'll be our next president

GO HILL DOG!

TheEschaton
03-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Hillary will win Ohio and RI, Obama will win VT, and Texas is up for grabs but I'm gonna say Hillary.

-TheE-

Damn - considering NBC just called Texas for Hillary, looks like I did pretty well.

Edit: And after I caught up on the thread, found out I was the ONLY one who got it right. Backlash, you know NOTHING about politics - Obama in RI, VT, and Texas, but Hillary by a nose in Ohio? Ohio and Texas I can give you, but did you see the polls YESTERDAY that had Hillary leading by 12 points in RI? Oh, she mirrored that today, I believe. And OH was by more than 10 points last I checked.

Kembal
03-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Yeah, I messed up on my picks. Just got back home from caucusing actually...beyond the fact that we had anal-retentive people doing the counting to determine delegates and viability, you know how the news kept referring to one precinct in Harris County that hadn't finished voting yet?

That was us. Geez. We didn't start signing in for our caucus until 9:15 pm or so.

Anyway, Obama won our precinct caucus, 21 delegates to the county convention vs. Hillary's 12.

Warriorbird
03-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Obama's still 90-100ish delegates up and heading into some good races for him. Gonna be a long one. I hope that it further increases Democratic turnout like some folks are saying.

Back
03-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Yeah, hearing that record numbers are turning out. I was just reading how some of TXs caucuses were totally unprepared for the numbers.

Looks like my predictions were a bit off. :) A little wishful thinking on my part.

Gan
03-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah, I messed up on my picks. Just got back home from caucusing actually...beyond the fact that we had anal-retentive people doing the counting to determine delegates and viability, you know how the news kept referring to one precinct in Harris County that hadn't finished voting yet?

That was us. Geez. We didn't start signing in for our caucus until 9:15 pm or so.

Anyway, Obama won our precinct caucus, 21 delegates to the county convention vs. Hillary's 12.

Damn, we started our precinct rep. meeting by 8PM and had all officers elected and all resolutions introduced, amded, and approved by 9:15 PM.

Damn - considering NBC just called Texas for Hillary, looks like I did pretty well.
Good job.

Backlash, you know NOTHING about politics
You're just now figuring that out?

Parkbandit
03-05-2008, 07:41 AM

Edit: And after I caught up on the thread, found out I was the ONLY one who got it right. Backlash, you know NOTHING about politics - Obama in RI, VT, and Texas, but Hillary by a nose in Ohio? Ohio and Texas I can give you, but did you see the polls YESTERDAY that had Hillary leading by 12 points in RI? Oh, she mirrored that today, I believe. And OH was by more than 10 points last I checked.

Yea, you did almost as well as I did..

You go girl.

And I didn't pussy foot, fence sit like you did in Texas. So, by ONLY, did you mean you were the only one in your fantasy world?

Daniel
03-05-2008, 07:48 AM
So someone educate me on Texas politics. Are the Caucases or the Primaries what count? because apparently the Primaries are 52 way of Clinton where as the Caucasses are the opposite.

Gan
03-05-2008, 08:19 AM
So someone educate me on Texas politics. Are the Caucases or the Primaries what count? because apparently the Primaries are 52 way of Clinton where as the Caucasses are the opposite.

An excellent explanation:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/03/march.four.guide/#cnnSTCVideo

Daniel
03-05-2008, 08:53 AM
I can't watch videos at work. quick recap?

Gan
03-05-2008, 09:51 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Democratic_primary,_2008

TheEschaton
03-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Basically, 2/3rds of the delegates are determined by the primary, 1/3rd by the caucuses. You can vote in only the primary, if you wish, but you cannot vote in just the caucus, you need to vote in the primary as well, at which point they give you a card which allows you to sign up for caucusing.

It's a crazy system because it allows you to vote twice and requires like half a day to do. do they give you guys the day off for this sort of craziness down there?

Gan
03-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Thats up to each individual's employer's discretion.

As Kembal described in his post... it was a very late night for some people voting in the Democratic primary.

Parkbandit
03-05-2008, 10:34 AM
I've never understood the need for voters to hold caucuses. Your vote essentially becomes public, and there are some shady deals that happen during the procedure.. ala how McCain fucked over Romney.

Kembal
03-05-2008, 11:09 AM
It's a messed up system. I should've introduced a resolution at the caucus to abolish them at the next election, but I was too tired to care. (we got to electing delegates around midnight, which was the first point I could leave and know the results weren't going to change.)

Tsa`ah
03-08-2008, 03:06 AM
Yea, you did almost as well as I did..

In a game of hocky, you don't call the game after the second period. In Texas, you don't call the state unless the primary was a landslide.

The primary was essentially a split, the caucus is still being determined but Obama is leading by a good margin at just under 50% in turn ins.

So if the score is tied in the end of the second, and Obama scores 2-0 in the third .... correct me if I'm wrong ... but that's not indicative of a Clinton win.

Back
03-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Obama wins delegate fight in Texas (http://www.kvii.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=103982)

AUSTIN -- Obama Texas State Director Adrian Saenz issued a statement on the projected primary and caucus results that show Senator Obama won more Texas delegates than Senator Clinton.

"By fighting the primary to a near-draw and earning a resounding victory in the caucus, the people of Texas have moved Barack Obama one step closer to claiming the Democratic nomination for president," said Adrian Saenz. "Texans in both parties and of all ages sent a clear message that the American people are ready for the kind of change that Barack Obama will bring to Washington, DC as our 44th President."

Because of the close finish, Senator Clinton will likely net only two delegates up-for-grabs in the Texas Primary. Based on a large sample of caucus results in all 31 state senate districts, Senator Obama is projected to post a substantial victory in the Texas caucus and, thereby, net at least seven delegates. This means that Senator Obama will win at least five more pledged delegates from Texas than Senator Clinton.

----------------------------------

Outstanding.

Back
03-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Senator Obama wins WY and Romney, Thompson and Hunter beat McCain.

Back
03-12-2008, 12:20 AM
I think you need to edit this post, as your wrong

Clinton will win 3 out of 4
She'll be our next president

GO HILL DOG!

You must have misunderstood my post. At the moment I posted that Senator Obama was the projected winner of VT. That gave him his 12 in a row. The OH in 15 minutes was saying their polls were closing.

Yep, I was totally wrong on RI. I did not read the polls and figured them as more liberal. But I called 3 out of 4 according to how the Texas Caucus turned out. Thank you Texan Caucusers, for Obama, not for me in this thread.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/03/11/its-official-clinton-lost-texas/

Tsa`ah
03-12-2008, 12:30 AM
You must have misunderstood my post. At the moment I posted that Senator Obama was the projected winner of VT. That gave him his 12 in a row. The OH in 15 minutes was saying their polls were closing.

That and Clinton won 2 that night .... not 3. The Texas causus has only reported 41% of the returns showing Obama with 56%.

TheEschaton
03-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Of the 3 million people who voted in the primaries in Texas, 3% of those showed up for the Texas caucuses. Hardly representative of the "will of the people."

Latrinsorm
03-12-2008, 11:17 AM
3 million (out of 23 million Texans) isn't exactly a majority either. It's not Senator Obama's fault that his people are substantially more motivated than Senator Clinton's.

Parkbandit
03-12-2008, 01:08 PM
3 million (out of 23 million Texans) isn't exactly a majority either. It's not Senator Obama's fault that his people are substantially more motivated than Senator Clinton's.

Racist.

Gan
03-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Of the 3 million people who voted in the primaries in Texas, 3% of those showed up for the Texas caucuses. Hardly representative of the "will of the people."

You do know that to participate in the caucuses you had to stay after voting. That means if you voted early, you had to go back. That means if you had a kid in tow - you had to drag them along or find a sitter. That means that those stuck in line past the voting deadline (which consequently was when the caucuses were started) missed out because they were still trying to vote.

If you ask me, the caucuses were self defeating in how they were set up to begin with.

TheEschaton
03-13-2008, 09:45 AM
That's what I'm saying, I thought the caucuses in Texas were stupid when only 3% of those eligible to vote in them did vote in them.

Latrinsorm
03-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Just once I'd like to see Senator Clinton or one of her supporters complain about a caucus before she loses it dramatically.

Stanley Burrell
03-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Just once I'd like to see Senator Clinton or one of her supporters complain about a caucus before she loses it dramatically.

That's called taking linear time and bending it. Like a political pretzel. With mustard.

TheEschaton
03-13-2008, 05:51 PM
I complain about all future caucuses as undemocratic. Even if Hillary wins them.

Tsa`ah
03-14-2008, 02:37 AM

In that case, neither was a 51/47 split ... however it does become the will of the people when one candidate is able to motivate people to come back and caucus.

In case you missed the math .... Obama walked away from Texas with 5 more delegates than Clinton. Obama leads in the popular vote (total thus far) 49.5 - 46.9. Currently Clinton is only keeping up in the delegate count (total) due to super delegates ... with a 124 delegate deficit. Wipe away the super delegates and she's behind by 160.

THAT is representative of the will of the people.