PDA

View Full Version : Tightening race?

Parkbandit
03-03-2008, 12:44 PM
The ol' cow ain't dead yet.

Polls show Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama going back and forth for the lead among likely Texas primary voters, while Clinton leads Obama in Ohio.

Clinton, a New York senator, and Obama, an Illinois senator, are tied with 47% support among Texas voters, according to the American Research Group Inc. poll, conducted Friday and Saturday. A similar poll taken Wednesday and Thursday had Obama leading 51%-44%.

In Ohio, Clinton is ahead 51%-44% among likely Democratic voters.

Democratic primaries in Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island and Vermont are scheduled for Tuesday.

The poll showed Clinton leading Obama 52%-40% in Rhode Island. Obama leads in Vermont, 60%-34%.

A separate Reuters/C-SPAN/Houston Chronicle tracking poll showed 47% of Texas Democrats backed Obama with 43% for Clinton. The poll was conducted Thursday through Saturday.

In Ohio, Clinton received 47% support compared with Obama's 46%. A similar poll Tuesday through Thursday showed Clinton with 44% compared with Obama's 42%.

The Democratic telephone surveys included 746 likely primary voters in Ohio and 736 likely voters in Texas. Both surveys have a margin of error of plus or minus 3.7 percentage points.

The American Research Group polls included 600 likely Democratic primary voters in Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island and Vermont. Each survey had a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

If she can win in Texas, Ohio and Rhode Island.. I think Hillary will still have a chance to somehow win the nomination. Sure, it will take underhanded politics to do it.. but let's finally be honest about the Clintons... they make Karl Rove look like a boyscout.

Let's hope, for our entertainment, that Clinton pulls off these states with sizable wins. Then grab the popcorn and watch the fun ensue. I know I will.

:popcorn:

Warriorbird
03-03-2008, 12:47 PM
If it happens y'all can look forward to the White House.

TheEschaton
03-03-2008, 12:55 PM
And I can look forward to the South of France! :)

Warriorbird
03-03-2008, 01:02 PM
The South of France is pretty god damn awesome. I can't say much for the rest of it...apart from the chateaus.

Clove
03-03-2008, 01:03 PM

South of France isn't as much fun on a 50k/year budget :P

TheEschaton
03-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Good point, I might need to look into a place where I can feasibly sleep on the beach year round. ;)

Gan
03-03-2008, 01:30 PM

Thats it, I'm voting for Hillary tomorrow.

w00t!

Parkbandit
03-03-2008, 01:43 PM

You trying out for the President of NATO?

No Action, Talk Only? Two questions:

1) Are you actually saying here and now that if the Republicans win the WH, you will move to the south of France?

2) Are we talking about the real world France, or your world of make believe, where you go when this world is unjust?

TheEschaton
03-03-2008, 01:44 PM
I think I've said before that if the Republicans win the WH in the fall, I'm going to be looking for jobs in France. :) Or even Spain.

Parkbandit
03-03-2008, 01:47 PM
I think I've said before that if the Republicans win the WH in the fall, I'm going to be looking for jobs in France. :) Or even Spain.

You'll end up pulling a Alec Baldwin no doubt.

Gan
03-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Hmmm.

Party at Ilvane's or TheE shipped to France...

:thinking:

START PACKING YOUR BAGS ALOK!

:lol:

CrystalTears
03-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Hmmm.

That is SO unfair. :(

Parkbandit
03-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Thank You

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for becoming a Team McCain member!
Please take the next step and sign up for a McCainSpace site by clicking here. Your personal site will allow you to encourage your friends and family to join our team too!

CREATE YOUR OWN McCAINSPACE WEBSITE
Create your very own JohnMcCain.com website to show your friends and family your support for John McCain.

Clove
03-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Hmmm.

START PACKING YOUR BAGS ALOK!

:lol:

Dammit. Now I don't know what I want.

No, I do. Party at Ilvane's!!!

Clove
03-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Good point, I might need to look into a place where I can feasibly sleep on the beach year round. ;)

Yeah let's be fair... the decision to seek out a government job in the South of France has nothing to do with our national politics.

That's like saying, "If McCain wins I'll sleep with that supermodel!!!!"

At least promise to rejoin the Peace Corp if the Republicans take the White House in 2008- give us a reason to be conflicted, or a goal (depending on your POV).

TheEschaton
03-03-2008, 04:23 PM
I was strongly considering maybe another round at the PC, but that is regardless of who wins the election.

-TheE-

Clove
03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I was strongly considering maybe another round at the PC, but that is regardless of who wins the election.

-TheE-

See, that's no fun for us...

Keller
03-03-2008, 05:28 PM

-TheE-

Don't you mean irregardless of who wins the election? L2speakPC