PDA

View Full Version : Hardball at it again

Parkbandit
06-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Do people really, really believe that Coulter was on Hardball last night and 'POOF!' Mrs. Edwards (No, not John, but his wife) actually knew the number to call.. got through.. and was able to confront her? And how long will it take this time for the Edwards failed Presidential campaign to try and make money off this latest sketch?

The American public is largly gullible imo. Coulter is a dumb bitch... but so is John Edwards and Chris Matthews.

Ann Coulter vs. Elizabeth Edwards: Sparks fly after Coulter remark on terrorist assassination of John Edwards
Conservative firebrand Ann Coulter has said something so offensive to John and Elizabeth Edwards that they've turned it into a fundraising tool. Again.

The Edwards campaign first used Coulter to raise money when she called Edwards a "faggot" at a conservative conference in January. On Monday, on ABC's Good Morning America, Coulter said: "I've learned my lesson. If I'm gonna say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

That provoked both a new fundraising appeal by the Edwards campaign today and a contentious exchange last night during Coulter's appearance on MSNBC's Hardball. Elizabeth Edwards called in and asked her to "stop the personal attacks." She accused Coulter of "defacing" the country's political dialogue.

Coulter retorted that "I made a joke, let's see, six months ago and ... they've been raising money off of it for six months." When Edwards pointed out that she'd made her latest remark this week, Coulter said, "I didn't say anything about him, actually, either time." "Ann, you know that's not true," Edwards said.

Watch video clips of Coulter on Good Morning America and the whole Hardball exchange, including Edwards' expanded critique and Coulter's defense, at Edwards' website. Here's the video link to Coulter's original remark in January at an American Conservative Union conference.

Update at 4:20 p.m. ET Hardball informs us that John Edwards will appear on the program tonight.

Gan
06-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey, 15 minutes is 15 minutes, and those minutes are precious enough when it comes to the Edwards campaign since its lacking so badly behind Clinton and Obama.

Coulter should charge them a fee for making another opportunity for the Edwards campaign.

I wonder if Edwards wife would consider running instead of John, she seems to have bigger brass ones IMO. :lol:

Warriorbird
06-28-2007, 11:13 AM
John Edwards's biggest obstacle is himself. It takes a certain type of wanton stupid to not get the support of your own state's governor if he's in the same party you are.

Tsa`ah
06-28-2007, 09:44 PM
John Edwards's biggest obstacle is himself. It takes a certain type of wanton stupid to not get the support of your own state's governor if he's in the same party you are.

On the same note, Coulter is probably the biggest asset the DNC has .... she opens her mouth and more people contribute to the Dems. She has a knack for alienating those within her own party and instantly change the minds of the undecided.

Personally I think the GOP smokes crack during brainstorming sessions deciding who they should get for guest speakers.