PDA

View Full Version : Kerry and McCain to join forces?

Gan
04-01-2007, 02:54 PM
WASHINGTON - The game inside the Beltway now focuses on John Kerry's pick of a running mate. The same game rages inside Kerry's campaign headquarters.

If there is a consensus among Kerry aides about the boldest and most potent pick, it is Sen. John McCain of Arizona - a Republican.

While Kerry has talked about his search with few people, many high-level staffers believe McCain will get serious consideration.

The other name heard most frequently is that of Sen. John Edwards, D-N.C., who defended Kerry last week in a CNN interview. In the primaries, however, Kerry questioned Edwards's ability to deliver Southern votes.

Not only could McCain help Kerry pick up Electoral College votes in a pivotal Southwestern state, but the former Vietnam POW would also be a staunch ally for what is expected to be a fierce battle with President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/040704/nat_20040407053.shtml

:wtf:

:lol:

Bobmuhthol
04-01-2007, 03:00 PM
There's a lot of potential there, and I would certainly vote for Kerry/McCain. I don't think much conflict would arise from being part of different parties; that hasn't been a problem since the election of 1800. Agreement between the two individuals is more important than the fact that they align themselves with "opposing" parties.

Gan
04-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Since I'm not in agreement with either one of them individually, joining forces would not be to any great advantage for getting my vote.

Not to mention its like a last ditch effort for the bottom of the barrel.

TheEschaton
04-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Ummm, this article is from 3 years ago, when Kerry was picking a running mate for the 2004 election. Kerry isn't even running next year, let alone won the nomination.

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Wow I wish I clicked that link now.

I thought there was some breaking news that Kerry was running in the primary.

Latrinsorm
04-01-2007, 03:23 PM
The "what is expected to be a fierce battle with President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney." didn't tip you off?

Bobmuhthol
04-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I didn't really read it word for word. I just took it on good faith that the article was both accurate and current.

Gan
04-01-2007, 04:25 PM
APRIL FOOLSZZZZ!

Sean of the Thread
04-01-2007, 04:40 PM
You've got to be older than 16 to vote anyways Bob. No sweat off your back.

Bobmuhthol
04-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Shit I didn't realize that the election was going to be before 2008.