PDA

View Full Version : Roe v. Wade for Men

Kefka
03-09-2006, 11:03 AM
NEW YORK (AP)-- Contending that women have more options than they do in the event of an unintended pregnancy, men's rights activists are mounting a long shot legal campaign aimed at giving them the chance to opt out of financial responsibility for raising a child. The National Center for Men has prepared a lawsuit -- nicknamed Roe v. Wade for Men -- to be filed Thursday in US District Court in Michigan on behalf of a 25-year-old computer programmer ordered to pay child support for his ex-girlfriend's daughter.

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=4603850

No more Maury? :(

Wezas
03-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Ooof, at first I was like "WTF", but they make some decent points.

"and assured him repeatedly that -- because of a physical condition -- she could not get pregnant"

In that case, I could see how he would not want to pay.

But in the end, if she has the baby, that's YOUR kid. Gonna have to give this one more thought.

GSLeloo
03-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Well... see the way I look at it is even if you don't like the mother, that is still your child. The child is still part of you and you still chose to have sex (not dealing with sperm bank cases). So unless you're a horrible person, you should want to have interaction with your own child and help to support it.

Wezas
03-09-2006, 11:50 AM
That one bitch that took the manjuice from either her mouth and threw it inside to have a baby should be one of the examples of when a guy shouldn't *have* to pay. You'd hope the guy still would, for the sake of his kid, but shouldn't have to because he was hornswaggled.

GSLeloo
03-09-2006, 12:17 PM
In that case it almost seems like he should have the right to custody. It is different in cases where they didn't really have sex and weren't doing anything to make a child.. but you would hope that the child would outweigh the terrible mother.

Wezas
03-09-2006, 12:25 PM
In that case it almost seems like he should have the right to custody. It is different in cases where they didn't really have sex and weren't doing anything to make a child.. but you would hope that the child would outweigh the terrible mother.

I don't think it was a custody battle. He signed up for a blowjob and got a baby.

Imagine you take your car in for an oil change and they put in a brand new engine and give you the $4,000 bill.

Warriorbird
03-09-2006, 03:06 PM
I think this makes a lot of sense.

Daniel
03-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Wow. This is what I said in the other thread. Good job Michigan.

Apotheosis
03-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Hmm, will be an interesting case. Of course, as a male, I definitely disagree with the inequality regarding child support issues. The case makes perfect sense.

xtc
03-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Never been a fan of abortion but I don't think a man should have to pay for a child that he doesn't want IF the women trapped him i.e. lied about taking the pill or having her tubes tied, in such a case the women should have the child and undertake the whole financial cost of raising the child. If the man took no steps about contraception then he should have to pay.

Alfster
03-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Well... see the way I look at it is even if you don't like the mother, that is still your child. The child is still part of you and you still chose to have sex (not dealing with sperm bank cases). So unless you're a horrible person, you should want to have interaction with your own child and help to support it.

I have a friend who got a girl pregnant and never found out until after she had an abortion.

He had no say in that, perhaps he wanted to raise the child...I doubt it, but still...just remember, it's not always the dad who's the deadbeat.