PDA

View Full Version : Democrats: ???

Back
11-19-2005, 12:39 AM
In fairness I am devoting this topic to the people who just can’t seem to get anything done, except getting rock stars to support them, blow jobs in the oval office, and who knows what else behind closed doors!!

Miserable failure comes to mind. Dean leads the DNC. Coincidence?

[edit]

I edited the title because I only just recently found out it was not Murthas’s resolution that was voted on. I fully blame the media for that. That it was GOP politiks does not surprise me in the least. Another strike against a majority party that has screwed us consistently since 2000 and continues to attack everyone else when people criticize the state of our nation.

Still, the topic stands. Who will lead us out of this miserable cloud of inconsistency? Republicans obviously wont, but no real leader from the other party has instilled this virtue amongst the people of this nation.

[Edited on 11-25-2005 by Backlash]

[Edited on 11-25-2005 by Backlash]

Gan
11-19-2005, 12:42 AM
Wonder if the DNC will try to blame a voting conspiracy on this outcome too.

chads in 2000

ohio in 2004

stolen mojo in 2005???

Unique
11-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Ganalon

chads in 2000

ohio in 2004

stolen mojo in 2005???

Time traveling republicans from the future come back to set the wrongs right in 2006!

WooT excuses!

Unique.

Done with that outburst. Hey, it happens.

Ebondale
11-19-2005, 01:11 AM
http://www.orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

EDIT: P.S. AND U SMEL LYKE POOPOO!!1one

[Edited on 11-19-2005 by Ebondale]

Gan
11-19-2005, 01:13 AM
That picture is funny and scary at the same time.

Gan
11-20-2005, 12:40 PM
No text on the resulution yet. Here's the roll call vote for HR 608 calling for the immediate withdrawal of troops from Iraq.

Aye: 3
Noes: 403
Answered Present but not voting: 6
Not voting: 22

Of the 3 Ayes: all 3 were democrats.

Of the Present but not voting: all 6 were democrats.

Of the Not voting: 14 republican, 8 democrat.

Of the Naes: mix of republican and democrat (didnt feel like counting all of them)

SOURCE (http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2005/roll608.xml#P)

Yep, I'd say the democrats missed their chance to at least put action behind words. Or at least make a symbolic showing with their vote rather than run off at the mouth behind a microphone and in front of a TV camera.

It will be interesting to see how Murtha's resolution will fare if it makes it to a vote. And Kerry said he has his own plan but wont comment on it... :rolleyes:

Here's more of the story of the failed HR 608.

STORY - CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/18/congress.iraq.ap/index.html)

Bobmuhthol
11-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Bill Clinton - greatest President of our time

Reagan - Retarded
Bush Sr. - Retarded
Bush Jr. - Retarded

Democrats win.

Showal
11-20-2005, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't say in some of the people who post here's time, but I agree with Bob, probably in his and my time.

Gan
11-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

Reagan - Retarded
Bush Sr. - Retarded
Bush Jr. - Retarded

Democrats win.

And you plan on going into the business world for your career. You too will come to the darkside young Skywalker.

:lol:

Your viewpoint will change sometime between now and when you graduate college, I'll bet on it.

Bobmuhthol
11-20-2005, 01:34 PM
We'll see.

But there are plenty of businessmen in Massachusetts that are Democrats.

Gan
11-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Arent those called Kennedy's?

If they're not a Kennedy then I bet they're a closet republican.

:whistle:

Warriorbird
11-20-2005, 03:16 PM
:shrugs: I know a lot of businesspeople who are Democrats. Now... if Alex were considering the clergy, you might have a point.

Hulkein
11-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

Reagan - Retarded
Bush Sr. - Retarded
Bush Jr. - Retarded

Democrats win.

Very informative.

Soulpieced
11-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Politics = Pointless nonsense.

TheRoseLady
11-20-2005, 04:58 PM

chads in 2000

ohio in 2004

stolen mojo in 2005???

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

I live in Ohio, I have a feeling about the way that things were run here.

I hope the lots of other voters remember that when that sob Blackwell tries to win the Republican nomination for Governor.

Ohio - home of the least popular governor in the USA. Bob Shaft, I mean Taft.

He's had a few ethics violations himself, not to mention the Worker's Comp fund fiasco that is going on.

Lots of opportunities for the Dems here.

Gan
11-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Whats really sad is of the 3 Democrats voting for this bill, John Murtha was NOT one of them.

:rolleyes:

Back
11-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Because, much to MY own chagrin, it was not the same resolution as he had written.

I was fooled by the media.

But there are a few good people out there who stood up against this war, rightfully so in my opinion, and who still do.

Same evidence my ass.

xtc
11-24-2005, 11:48 AM
The best thing the Democrats can do is keep their mouth shut and let the Repubs continue to implode. If they do this they may be able to steal the house in 2006. Of course if they want to win in 2008 they will need a strategy, one that doesn't include Hillary. Who do they have to run in 2008?

Gan
11-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Funny how no details from any of the plans/resolutions etc. have been released other than vague descriptions.

I'm waiting for the house clerk to release the text of HR608 to see why nobody voted for it.

ElanthianSiren
11-24-2005, 12:19 PM
I thought that bill was a call for immediate troop withdrawl from Iraq? If so, the voting results don't surprise me one bit. I don't think anyone wants to watch the country collapse into civil war, democrat or republican.

-M

xtc
11-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
I thought that bill was a call for immediate troop withdrawl from Iraq? If so, the voting results don't surprise me one bit. I don't think anyone wants to watch the country collapse into civil war, democrat or republican.

-M

The bill was a side show trick by the Repubs. The Dems were criticising the war in Iraq and the Repubs introduced the bill to shut them up.

I was against the war in Iraq but now that we have caused this mess, I think it is our responsibilty to clean it up, to the best of our ability.

[Edited on 11-24-2005 by xtc]

Back
11-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Fox's Gibson and Hannity, NY Post falsely claimed that House voted on Murtha's resolution (http://mediamatters.org/items/200511220010)

Ok, before anyone jumps on this source as a left wing “smear” site, consider the facts they present.

This is the original resolution (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.J.RES.73:) authored by Murtha. Note, it is called To redeploy U.S. forces from Iraq.

What the House voted on was not this resolution but a one sentence resolution that simply said something to the effect of lets leave Iraq now and was presented by Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA).

I was not aware of that until I read the article by Media Matters. Now it makes sense why no one voted for it. It was a stupid waste of our fucking tax money because the GOP like to fuck around.

Gan
11-24-2005, 11:07 PM
And yet all throughout the Mediamatters article they refer to the bill voted on and sponsored by Duncan (HRES 571) and yet THE TEXT OF THE BILL IS NOT AVAILABLE. So how can they compare the language of that bill to Murtha's Bill (HJ 73)? How can it make sense when you cant compare the language of the two? Becasue mediamatters says so? I think not. Because Fox misrepresented it? No again.

Before I jump on a bandwagon or leap to conclusions I'd rather see for myself the text and compare the differences.

(Duncan's bill)
Link to HRES 571 Text: (unavailable as of 11/24/2005):
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.RES.571:

(Murtha's bill)
And link to HJ 73 Text:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.J.RES.73:

Every article I can find, Post, Times, etc. talk about the bill but do not include the text or language of HR 571. Yet once again leading you down the primrose path of a guided opinion. They only talk about the heated debate, having to pull an emotional colleague away from jumping on other representatives, and any other imflammatory bit of narrative that they can fill the article up with.

Stick with the facts. Lets see what the bill says before we LEAP TO CONCLUSIONS.

Edited to fix the links.

[Edited on 11-25-2005 by Ganalon]

Back
11-24-2005, 11:11 PM
Stick with the facts. Lets see what the bill says before we LEAP TO CONCLUSIONS.

Edited to fix the links.

FACT: It was not Murtha’s resolution that was voted on. We may not see the language of the resolution but we can see who wrote it.

Gan
11-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Backlash

Edited to fix the links.

FACT: It was not Murtha’s resolution that was voted on. We may not see the language of the resolution but we can see who wrote it.

Anyone who could read the bill title as it was voted on and as it is posted on the house clerk website can tell that.

Your statement...

I was not aware of that until I read the article by Media Matters. Now it makes sense why no one voted for it. It was a stupid waste of our fucking tax money because the GOP like to fuck around.
...is what is relying on the opinion of others, and full of shit until you can prove otherwise, since you've not seen the language between the 2 bills to compare. Bandwagon much?

Back
11-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Read it and weep (http://www.proaxis.com/cop/todayh.htm).

You are stupid to keep arguing with me.

Gan
11-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Read it and weep (http://www.proaxis.com/cop/todayh.htm).

You are stupid to keep arguing with me.

Still no text to actually compare you fucking idiot.

Gan
11-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Let me draw it out for you Backlash.. here's what we want to compare.

Murtha's Bill:

"
JOINT RESOLUTION
To redeploy U.S. forces from Iraq.

Whereas Congress and the American people have not been shown clear, measurable progress toward establishment of stable and improving security in Iraq or of a stable and improving economy in Iraq, both of which are essential to `promote the emergence of a democratic government';

Whereas additional stabilization in Iraq by U.S. military forces cannot be achieved without the deployment of hundreds of thousands of additional U.S. troops, which in turn cannot be achieved without a military draft;

Whereas more than $277 billion has been appropriated by the United States Congress to prosecute U.S. military action in Iraq and Afghanistan;

Whereas, as of the drafting of this resolution, 2,079 U.S. troops have been killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom;

Whereas U.S. forces have become the target of the insurgency;

Whereas, according to recent polls, over 80 percent of the Iraqi people want the U.S. forces out of Iraq;

Whereas polls also indicate that 45 percent of the Iraqi people feel that the attacks on U.S. forces are justified; and

Whereas, due to the foregoing, Congress finds it evident that continuing U.S. military action in Iraq is not in the best interests of the United States of America, the people of Iraq, or the Persian Gulf Region, which were cited in Public Law 107-243 as justification for undertaking such action: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That:

SECTION 1. The deployment of United States forces in Iraq, by direction of Congress, is hereby terminated and the forces involved are to be redeployed at the earliest practicable date.

SEC. 2. A quick-reaction U.S. force and an over-the-horizon presence of U.S. Marines shall be deployed in the region.

SEC. 3. The United States of America shall pursue security and stability in Iraq through diplomacy."

The text of H.RES.571 has not yet been received from GPO
Bills are generally sent to the Library of Congress from the Government Printing Office a day or two after they are introduced on the floor of the House or Senate. Delays can occur when there are a large number of bills to prepare or when a very large bill has to be printed.

(still not available, and yet you idiots still are bandwagoning on what is being guessed upon by all the media.)

Get the picture Backlash???

Edited to clean it up a little to make it even easier for Backlash to grasp the meaning of comparison and finding out why it was not voted on by those wanting US Forces out of Iraq.

Back
11-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Yeah, its clear. You are too stupid to grasp that A) my point is it was not Murtha’s resolution which you have been so good to post, B) that his resolution has no language about IMMEDIATE CUT AND RUN COWARDNESS, and C) you are not going to change the way I view things no matter what you post.

Further, you are a hypocrit to accuse me of bandwaggoning. This is not a game to me. I am not loyal to any side except the side I view as doing the most good and the right thing. The Republicans are in shambles, this administration is being questioned not just by me dumbass but the majority of Americans right now.

I know there is a time to bandwaggon. Hell, we are both Cowboys fans, myself for no other reason than its something that binds my family together. But thats a whole hell of a lot different from the reality of our daily lives and the future not only of this country but the world.

Gan
11-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Yeah, its clear. You are too stupid to grasp that A) my point is it was not Murtha’s resolution which you have been so good to post, B) that his resolution has no language about IMMEDIATE CUT AND RUN COWARDNESS, and C) you are not going to change the way I view things no matter what you post.

Further, you are a hypocrit to accuse me of bandwaggoning. This is not a game to me. I am not loyal to any side except the side I view as doing the most good and the right thing. The Republicans are in shambles, this administration is being questioned not just by me dumbass but the majority of Americans right now.

I know there is a time to bandwaggon. Hell, we are both Cowboys fans, myself for no other reason than its something that binds my family together. But thats a whole hell of a lot different from the reality of our daily lives and the future not only of this country but the world.

1. I clearly pointed and in so much as agreed with you in that it was not Murtha's bill.

2. I called you on bandwagoning with mediamatters and all of your other left wing sites in saying that it was a waste of time and another GOP ploy when YOU DID NOT EVEN HAVE A SOURCE FOR COMPARISON for yourself.

3. Yes, again, you are bandwagoning. You always do Mr. I'm so left I'm right. And Mr. Hedonist by night who says youre an environmentalist but yet live differently. Hypocrite much? Look in the mirror.

4. I make no claim that the Republican party isn't in trouble times. Shambles? No, they just want you knee jerk left wingers to think so, then they'll hamstring you again when its time for another election.

5. I loathe the Cowboys. My favorite team is whomever the Cowboys are playing.

and finally.

6. I'm glad you're the way you are, otherwise I would not have anyone to pick on or to practice shouting down the fanatical left with. Thanks!

PS.

When we get the language from Duncan's bill to compare to Murtha's then we can decide if Duncan's bill was a GOP ploy or if it was similar and possibly if not the same language as Murthas bill. I'd like to know why it was not voted on by the Democrats wanting a troop redelployment and if there were any riders attached.

So until you can read the text for yourself and compare for yourself, then shut the fuck up on whether or not it was a GOP ploy.

Back
11-24-2005, 11:58 PM
1. I clearly pointed and in so much as agreed with you in that it was not Murtha's bill.

2. I called you on bandwagoning with mediamatters and all of your other left wing sites in saying that it was a waste of time and another GOP ploy when YOU DID NOT EVEN HAVE A SOURCE FOR COMPARISON for yourself.

3. Yes, again, you are bandwagoning. You always do Mr. I'm so left I'm right. And Mr. Hedonist by night who says youre an environmentalist but yet live differently. Hypocrite much? Look in the mirror.

4. I make no claim that the Republican party isn't in trouble times. Shambles? No, they just want you knee jerk left wingers to think so, then they'll hamstring you again when its time for another election.

5. I loathe the Cowboys. My favorite team is whomever the Cowboys are playing.

and finally.

6. I'm glad you're the way you are, otherwise I would not have anyone to pick on or to practice shouting down the fanatical left with. Thanks!

PS.

When we get the language from Duncan's bill to compare to Murtha's then we can decide if Duncan's bill was a GOP ploy or if it was similar and possibly if not the same language as Murthas bill. I'd like to know why it was not voted on by the Democrats wanting a troop redelployment and if there were any riders attached.

So until you can read the text for yourself and compare for yourself, then shut the fuck up on whether or not it was a GOP ploy.

1. Sorry, I missed that.

2. That it was not Murtha’s resolution is good enough for me. Check that link I provided again and we will see if the language is any different when they finally post it IF they get around to it. It really put the GOP in bad light being the MAJORITY. Especially that stupid cunt Schmidt.

3. You are talking out of your ass as usual. And I’m not even sure what this whole point is about because you do not know me.

4. Spoken like a real sports fan!

5. A Texan who does not love the Cowboys??? That explains everything.

6. Got news for you. Im not your enemy and I am not alone.

PS. You are so stupid it fills me with pity.

Gan
11-25-2005, 12:01 AM
I'll stick with the links I've provided. They actually go to the House Rep clerk's homesite. Not some third party site, that makes you pay to subscribe to get information that smarter folks can get for themselves for free.

And yes, there are many Texans that hate the Cowboys - that explains your ignorance about this grand state and its grand people.

Dont pity me, I dont want to steal any hugs you're saving for the trees.

Back
11-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Too bad Chavez isn’t handing out brains for the intellectually challenged.

Gan
11-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Too bad Chavez isn’t handing out brains for the intellectually challenged.

Why, you want to rub it in that you've already gotten the handout?

PS.

Nice change on the title of the thread, Tired if it reading Democrats, no balls? That was almost the only opinion I've agreed with you since I started posting here.

Back
11-25-2005, 12:34 AM
I blame the media now on this particular issue. And seriously the dems have had a bad rep these days by the media DESPITE the fact they are not the ones running this country into a shithole.