PDA

View Full Version : On the subject of polls

Gan
11-04-2005, 11:16 PM
I have stumbled across a site that gathers the polling results from all the different opinion surveys/polls and outlines them in a nice readable format with breakdowns by polling sample divisons and includes the question being polled. It also covers almost any political topic that public opinion is sought after, such as: plamegate, Bush, Clinton (historical), 2008 election, and even hot topics in the news such as the avian flu and gas prices.

A very interesting read indeed.

PollingReport.com (http://www.pollingreport.com/)

Back
11-04-2005, 11:21 PM
And by this you are proving what? That more people disagree? Huh, no shit.

Gan
11-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Backlash
And by this you are proving what? That more people disagree? Huh, no shit.

Actually I was merely giving folks a source that has more than 1 poll thus giving them a broad spectrum of information to choose from, not just seeing 1 poll and taking it for gospel. But thanks for your worthless opinion anyways. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is that the Democrats only have a slight advantage going into the 2006 elections and are still behind for the 2008 election. I'm afraid they played their trump card too soon to be honest.

And, I also posted this so folks could see a better idea of the public response without having to wade through bullshit rhetoric like moveon.org to get information about what the American people really think, not just the left wing psychos that Backlash seems to represent here on the PC.

Warriorbird
11-05-2005, 09:43 AM
I like the very one sided nature of your post. Of course there's no conservative rhetoric.

Gan
11-05-2005, 10:00 AM
I pale in comparison.

Parkbandit
11-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
I like the very one sided nature of your post. Of course there's no conservative rhetoric.

Rock, meet Glass House.

Glass house, meet Rock.

Kettle, meet pot.

Pot, meet kettle.

Of all the people to say something like that.. you should be one of the last. Makes you look like a big, giant hypocrite.

[Edited on 11-5-05 by Parkbandit]

DeV
11-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon
And, I also posted this so folks could see a better idea of the public response without having to wade through bullshit rhetoric like moveon.org to get information about what the American people really think You could also turn on any news program on any given day.

However, after reading the book, "How to Lie with Statistics" by Darrell Huff I don't give credence to such things any longer no matter what side I may feel I belong to.

xtc
11-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Originally posted by Warriorbird

Rock, meet Glass House.

Glass house, meet Rock.

Kettle, meet pot.

Pot, meet kettle.

Of all the people to say something like that.. you should be one of the last. Makes you look like a big, giant hypocrite.

[Edited on 11-5-05 by Parkbandit]

Come on now PB, if there were no conservative rhetoric, the likes of Ann Coulter, G Gordon Liddy, and Bill O'Reilly would be unemployed. The knife cuts both ways.

Warriorbird
11-05-2005, 01:51 PM

What's hypocritical about it? I accept that there's tons of rhetoric out there from both sides.

Go away now.