PDA

View Full Version : Ok, how the heck is this possible?

Skirmisher
11-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Top al-Qaida Figure Among Afghan Escapees <---Link to full story from AP via Yahoo (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102/ap_on_re_as/al_qaida_escape&printer=1)

So Indonesian anti-terrorist govt forces capture one of Osama's highest lieutenants in asia in 2002, turn him over to US custody, and we lose him.

The largest U.S. base in Afghanistan, lord knows how many hundreds if not thousands of U.S. forces around him and he escapes.

That is flat out a pathetic embarasement and the US army knows it which is why it would not admit to the Indonesian govt even at first that they had lost him.

I am actually HOPING he had help on the inside, or we should just throw in the towel right now if we can't keep one man under arrest.

Maybe we should ask the Indonesians for anti-terrorism training.

Wezas
11-02-2005, 11:38 AM
I heard he stole a taxi cab and we were just screwed from there.

kranfer
11-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Well its quite simple... The Democrats do not like the way that we treat Prisoners of War and Terrorists, and demand they get better treatment: The end result, they escape.

Kill them, its easier than letting them stick around to attempt to escape and blow up more people. ::shrugs::

Jolena
11-02-2005, 12:14 PM
I just read that story on MSN actually and apparently the Indonesians aren't entirely sure that they weren't informed. They have to check and see if the security teams were directly informed rather then going through the normal red tape to tell them. I certainly hope they were told for the US govt's reputation.

As to how it happens..who the fuck knows. Apparently, the group of escapees told the press that they picked their cells open. :lol: What a shame. Seriously.

Gan
11-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Latest report said they picked the locks and escaped during shift change.

It bears mentioning that we are currently chasing 2 escaped convicts from a state prison in the carolinas as well... seems to be catching, this escape bug.

DeV
11-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by kranfer
The Democrats do not like the way that we treat Prisoners of War and Terrorists, and demand they get better treatment: The end result, they escape. :rolleyes:

They either tortue them inhumanely or let them escape altogether. They either have no support or no training altogether. Solution: give them both support and training and we won't have to worry about scenarios like this happening.

Tromp
11-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Well its quite simple... The Democrats do not like the way that we treat Prisoners of War and Terrorists, and demand they get better treatment: The end result, they escape.

Kill them, its easier than letting them stick around to attempt to escape and blow up more people. ::shrugs::

You are joking right?

I give them credit. It must have been an extraordinary operation to get out of there.

Sean
11-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Clinton flew overseas and opened the door for him.

xtc
11-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Tijay
Clinton flew overseas and opened the door for him.

Now, now this happened on Bush's watch not Clinton's.

Warriorbird
11-02-2005, 01:26 PM
It bears mentioning that we are currently chasing 2 escaped convicts from a state prison in the carolinas as well... seems to be catching, this escape bug.

I clearly sprung them as part of the DEMOCRAT CONSPIRACYZOR!!!!1111!!!

:)

Latrinsorm
11-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by xtc
Now, now this happened on Bush's watch not Clinton's. He means literally.

Skirmisher
11-02-2005, 01:40 PM

Well the Supreme Court doesn't seem to like the way we treat them either.

And careful which words you use there. Our illustrious AG likes to parse words and make it so some people have no rights whatsoever.

But that is besides the point.

If you mean to tell me that the US military is incapable of keeping captured international terrorists in custody in the middle of it's largest facility in Afghanistan, and thats somehow the fault of Democrats then you are just eliminated from this conversation for a lack of understanding of well....anything.

Tromp
11-02-2005, 01:45 PM
:yeahthat:

Ravenstorm
11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
This would never have happened if we had kept him in one of our 'secret prisons' and tor... interrogated him there.

Demand more black sites from your congressman today! (Oh, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, click here (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/01/AR2005110101644.html).

Raven

Parkbandit
11-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
I heard he stole a taxi cab and we were just screwed from there.

LMAO

Parkbandit
11-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
This would never have happened if we had kept him in one of our 'secret prisons' and tor... interrogated him there.

Demand more black sites from your congressman today! (Oh, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, click here (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/01/AR2005110101644.html).

Raven

xtc
11-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Websense a division of O'Reilly Enterprises.

Skirmisher
11-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by xtc

Will it harass me and then pay me off to keep quiet then?

xtc
11-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

Originally posted by xtc

Will it harass me and then pay me off to keep quiet then?

Only if you work for them.

AbnInfamy
11-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Fun stuff. Everyone has an opinion on how people could let one man escape.

How many of you have seen the internment facilities they give for the soldiers to use? They aren't using maximum security prison systems here people, they're using the old cells that were already there, or makeshift crap make of concertina wire, barbed wire, and chain link.

The detainees are offered so many "rights" it is ridiculous. They have a bunch of them in a tent, easy way to conspire amongst 20 of your closest friends. They are also guarded by local containment officers, more than half of which are corrupt anyways.

So escapes happen all the time, what do you expect from an Army that has mechanics, cooks, field artillerymen, medics, etc all walking around pulling guard on these detainees. They don't have crap for training, and they don't have crap as far as necessary tools for the job. Just so happens this time the escape was a big name target.

Skirmisher
11-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Their 'rights" do not extend to leaving when they decide it's time to go and this was not some drunk tank in Kansas, but a detention facility with some very high level prisoners.

The fact that this was allowed to happen is shameful and all involved who were in charge should be brought forward to pay for allowing it.

There is no excuse for it.