PDA

View Full Version : Watch it Syria....

Drezzt
10-21-2005, 04:04 PM
President Bush calls for United Nations to convene after "deeply disturbing" report implicates Syrian officials in assassination.

Ooooo, heah come da judge, heah come da judge!

:: waggles finger::

Apotheosis
10-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Can't we wait until Iraq is somewhat umm, settled, until we start moving in other directions.

Fuck this.. I swear, it's a bad idea when any "large" nation starts to do what we're doing.. SEEMS TO ME THAT WOLRD WAR II HAPPENED DUE TO APPEASMENT OF A GOVERNMENT CONTINUALLY TAKING OVER TERRITORIES.

Drezzt
10-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Or we could lump the two together and call them The United States of Arabia

I wonder if it's Manifest Destiny all over again?

:?:

Drew
10-21-2005, 06:25 PM
You guys are right, let's just ignore the bad things other people do.

Latrinsorm
10-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Yswithe
SEEMS TO ME THAT WOLRD WAR II HAPPENED DUE TO APPEASMENT OF A GOVERNMENT CONTINUALLY TAKING OVER TERRITORIES. Seems to me it happened due to people listening to this French joker named Clemenceau and not listening to this American fella named Wilson.

Way to somewhat cloak the "Bush is Hitler!!!" line though.

Back
10-21-2005, 06:43 PM
I very seriously doubt we will get into anything with Syria right now. But its no secret that those in charge of this administration view America as a global empire that needs to expand establishing global domination because our way is the right way.

Tisket
10-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Way to somewhat cloak the "Bush is Hitler!!!" line though

It's like political Tourette's. Like some people have biblical Tourette's....

Parkbandit
10-21-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
I very seriously doubt we will get into anything with Syria right now. But its no secret that those in charge of this administration view America as a global empire that needs to expand establishing global domination because our way is the right way.

What's really no secret is that you've completely lost your marbles with this administration and aren't afraid to prove it.

PS - It's really Haliburton behind the whole thing!!!

TheREALParkbandit
10-21-2005, 07:01 PM
I knew a girl named Syria once.

Lovely thing. Wonderful hips and boy oh boy did she know her way around a butter churner.

What were we talking about again?

Latrinsorm
10-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Ezekiel! J-j-j-joshua! Unleavened!

Artha
10-21-2005, 07:26 PM
SEEMS TO ME THAT WOLRD WAR II HAPPENED DUE TO APPEASMENT OF A GOVERNMENT CONTINUALLY TAKING OVER TERRITORIES.

I think WWII happened mostly because other nations wouldn't stand for the annexation of Poland. And also because the allies pwned teh Germans.

Back
10-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

What's really no secret is that you've completely lost your marbles with this administration and aren't afraid to prove it.

I’m not the one who has lost their mind. These people have. PNAC (http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm)

Tisket
10-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Ezekiel! J-j-j-joshua! Unleavened!

I just like yanking your chain. You have a good sense of humor about it. And your Supreme-Know-It-All ism in biblical threads of any kind just begs a little yanking...

Atlanteax
10-21-2005, 09:03 PM

Actually, the American way is the *only* way. :yes:

Latrinsorm
10-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Tisket
I just like yanking your chain.:heart:
And your Supreme-Know-It-All ism in biblical threads of any kind just begs a little yanking... It's not my fault I'm always right. :cool:

p.s: ;)

Sean of the Thread
10-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Artha

SEEMS TO ME THAT WOLRD WAR II HAPPENED DUE TO APPEASMENT OF A GOVERNMENT CONTINUALLY TAKING OVER TERRITORIES.

I think WWII happened mostly because other nations wouldn't stand for the annexation of Poland. And also because the allies pwned teh Germans.

I think... people should know what the fuk they are talking about before they preface a statement with "I think"

Just a thought.

Sean of the Thread
10-22-2005, 05:58 AM

I’m not the one who has lost their mind. These people have. PNAC (http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm)

You're both wrong...these guys have lost their mind http://www.fairtax.org/

Parkbandit
10-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Xyelin

You're both wrong...these guys have lost their mind http://www.fairtax.org/

Losers.. you are both wrong.

THESE people have lost their minds.. and it's been obvious for the past 7 years:

Losers (http://www.democrats.org)

Gan
10-22-2005, 09:59 AM
:lol:

PB has summed it up nicely... but I'll add one more site to the list.

CONSPIRATORIAL LOSERS (http://www.moveon.org)

Warriorbird
10-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah. Damn MoveOn. That conspiracy to actually try to help the American people is insidious.

Gan
10-22-2005, 10:10 AM
It all depends on your perception of help... much like Clinton's perception of Sex.

They have not helped me at all, I'm an American, ergo they have not helped ALL Americans.

Back
10-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Yeah yeah yeah, but what about this Syria thing?

Hariri's son urges punishment for father's killers (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051022/wl_nm/hariri_dc)

I haven’t read anything really in depth, but this Reuters article has some interesting points.

First thing that jumps out at me is why does our country want the UN involved? I thought they were a bunch of corrupt powerless idealogues. We certainly didn’t need them to take care of our business in Iraq.

What about Lebanon? The UN report says there were Lebanese involved with the assassination.

The original report has names in it that were omitted in the public report. Why? Because the guy who put it together decided to omit those names because he has only one witness.

Latrinsorm
10-22-2005, 10:36 AM
I thought they were a bunch of corrupt powerless idealogues.Bush sure is a great guy for giving them another chance. :saint:

Parkbandit
10-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
Yeah. Damn MoveOn. That conspiracy to actually try to help the American people is insidious.

They are to the Democrats as the Lunatic Religious Right is to the Republicans.

Parkbandit
10-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah yeah yeah, but what about this Syria thing?

Hariri's son urges punishment for father's killers (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051022/wl_nm/hariri_dc)

I haven’t read anything really in depth, but this Reuters article has some interesting points.

First thing that jumps out at me is why does our country want the UN involved? I thought they were a bunch of corrupt powerless idealogues. We certainly didn’t need them to take care of our business in Iraq.

We've always tried diplomacy first. In Iraq, we tried for 12 years, so what's your point again?

ElanthianSiren
10-22-2005, 12:13 PM
No WMD in Iraq, first of all.

Second of all, Bush is looking more and more like a spoiled little boy who wants to play with his little green toy soldiers, rather than be a good stewart to the American People. "Mommy, I don't want to take care of homeland problems! I'm too busy sending my tanks over to Syria!"

Nowhere was his administration's failure of the American people more evident than in the Homeland Security Department's poor response to Katrina, which, according to Wikipedia is the biggest displacement disaster since the Great Depression. Sometimes it hurts to be commander in chief.

-M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/katrina_fema;_ylt=AleUoNeZJKqYzS5x1RUgWdcbLisB;_yl u=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

edit: put in the wrong word. Thanks Eric.

[Edited on Sat, October nd, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

Latrinsorm
10-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
the biggest natural disaster since the Great DepressionI just lost all faith in Wikipedia.

Parkbandit
10-22-2005, 12:47 PM
No WMD in Iraq, first of all.

Second of all, Bush is looking more and more like a spoiled little boy who wants to play with his little green toy soldiers, rather than be a good stewart to the American People. "Mommy, I don't want to take care of homeland problems! I'm too busy sending my tanks over to Syria!"

Nowhere was his administration's failure of the American people more evident than in the Homeland Security Department's poor response to Katrina, which, according to Wikipedia is the biggest natural disaster since the Great Depression. Sometimes it hurts to be commander in chief.

-M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/katrina_fema;_ylt=AleUoNeZJKqYzS5x1RUgWdcbLisB;_yl u=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

While I realize you have a blind hatred towards Bush.. I'll simply correct you on Katrina.

Compare the 4 Hurricanes in Florida in 2004 with Katrina in New Orleans only. Compare how Alabama and Mississippi handled Katrina.

Now I realize that Katrina caused the flooding of a major city.. which in itself made the entire situation go from bad to catastrophic.. but the differences in the situation was how the local and state governments handled the situation.

Now I realize Bush hates black people and Bush hates poor people.. which is why he decided to send Katrina to New Orleans in the first place.. but to lay blame of Katrina solely on that man's back is ignorant of how things really work.

Parkbandit
10-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

the biggest natural disaster since the Great DepressionI just lost all faith in Wikipedia.

MOTHER NATURE CAUSED THE GREAT DEPRESSION! THAT FUCKING BITCH!

ElanthianSiren
10-22-2005, 12:58 PM
And yet FL and Alabama are not New Orleans. Nice try though.

Mother nature did not cause the great depression. The article was highlighting the displacement of individuals due to a disaster. Individual for individual, the only event in our history that comes close is the great depression.

-M

Edit: PB you can criticize someone without hating them. Try it sometime.

Parkbandit
10-22-2005, 01:10 PM

Mother nature did not cause the great depression. The article was highlighting the displacement of individuals due to a disaster. Individual for individual, the only event in our history that comes close is the great depression.

-M

I don't hate anyone.. sorry you got that impression. After all these posts on these boards, I would have thought you knew me better than that.

And you are correct.. Florida, Mississippi and Alabama are not New Orleans. As a resident of Tampa, I am thankful that I have adequate leadership.. both at the city level and the state level. I feel bad for those citizens of New Orleans that didn't have that luxury.

Hulkein
10-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Wikipedia isn't a real encyclopedia, it is written by everyday internet users like any of us here.

ElanthianSiren
10-22-2005, 01:43 PM

-M

I don't hate anyone.. sorry you got that impression. After all these posts on these boards, I would have thought you knew me better than that.

And you are correct.. Florida, Mississippi and Alabama are not New Orleans. As a resident of Tampa, I am thankful that I have adequate leadership.. both at the city level and the state level. I feel bad for those citizens of New Orleans that didn't have that luxury.

Right, so don't assume about others PB; it looks as ridiculous as it does when someone else does it about you. I would criticize anyone in office who put incapable people at the helm of something like homeland security.

I believe the last hurricane near Katrina magnitude in those areas was Andrew, was it not? I believe FL also needed federal aid during that fiasco and was aided eventually under another Bush. So, no, I don't see your point.

'The slow response of federal aid to storm victims in southern Florida led Dade County emergency management director Kate Hale to famously exclaim at a nationally televised news conference, "Where in the hell is the cavalry on this one? They keep saying we're going to get supplies. For God's sake, where are they?" Almost immediately, President George H. W. Bush promised, "Help is on the way," and mobile kitchens and tents began pouring in. [2]'

-M

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Andrew

DeV
10-22-2005, 02:11 PM
I would criticize anyone in office who put incapable people at the helm of something like homeland security.
Not to excuse the total disorganization of the leadership of NO, but it's pretty easy to see who their state leadership is modeled after. The director of FEMA was seriously incompetent. The fact that he fabricated accomplishments on his resume at that level of government is sort of surprising considering it went unchecked.

Ravenstorm
10-22-2005, 02:30 PM
The Federal Emergency Management Agency's lack of planning, not the failures of state and local officials, was to blame for much of what went wrong with the government's response to Hurricane Katrina, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff told member of Congress today. (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-101905katrina_lat,0,7273729.story?coll=la-story-footer&track=morenews)

People are of course free to argue with Chertoff.

Raven

Skirmisher
10-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by DeV
Not to excuse the total disorganization of the leadership of NO, but it's pretty easy to see who their state leadership is modeled after. The director of FEMA was seriously incompetent. The fact that he fabricated accomplishments on his resume at that level of government is sort of surprising considering it went unchecked.

Bush and Co. only really check those who criticize them, otherwise they seem to have run things on the see no evil hear no evil plan.

Skirmisher
10-22-2005, 02:50 PM

Well while they surely made mistakes ranging from not pushing the evacuation as strongly as they should to perhaps pressing public relationswise to have repairs and improvements to the various flood protection systems better funded, they were not the ones who created the city on what is the single worst location in the US to weather a major hurricane outside of perhaps actually IN the water.

But they should take all the blame I guess.

After all.the Feds had Brownie who was "doing a heckuva job", so that only leaves the locals.

Now with all that and his polling numbers reaching an all time low as of yesterday, I don't think it is that huge a leap to see why more than a few might not be surprised to have a president who was more than happy to be looking outside the US for issues to take focus away from a failing domestic policy.

[Edited on 10-22-2005 by Skirmisher]

DeV
10-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
After all.the Feds had Brownie who was "doing a heckuva job"
Reading that still gives me a chuckle.

Ravenstorm
10-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by DeV

Originally posted by Skirmisher
After all.the Feds had Brownie who was "doing a heckuva job"
Reading that still gives me a chuckle.

Ranks right up there alongside 'Mission Accomplished'.

Raven