PDA

View Full Version : The excellent campaign strategy of democrats

GSTamral
07-25-2005, 05:56 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/25/funeral.apology.ap/index.html

Ravenstorm
07-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Damn. And here I was hoping that would be a link to that article you promised to post.

Raven

Warriorbird
07-25-2005, 06:12 PM
You can google Karl Rove and find a list of thrilling strategies. Alternately, look up Willie Horton.

Delirium
07-25-2005, 07:03 PM
What was she thinking to go to the funeral and hand out business cards? Now i dont have a lot of tact but even id know better. She must have been misinformed about the family or something? I hope?

Gan
07-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Now thats embarrasing. To think she would use that as a platform to say a few words; which were against the very thing that this person (marine) died for, even though she was uninvited and did not know the deceased. But she even took the opportunity to hand out business cards!!!

What an idiot. I just wont even go there with regards to what political affiliation she is. :lol:

[Edited on 7-25-2005 by Ganalon]

Atlanteax
07-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
You can google Karl Rove and find a list of thrilling strategies. Alternately, look up Willie Horton.

Can't you admit that she did wrong, instead of immediately trying to say "but he did it too!!!" ? :shrug:

Gan
07-25-2005, 09:03 PM
I dont think either one of the folks that WB mentioned ever handed out business cards and campaigned at someone's funeral though. He's just following the tried and true Democrat behavior of finger pointing and avoiding responsibility by diversion of the topic of discussion.

Atlanteax
07-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon
I dont think either one of the folks that WB mentioned ever handed out business cards and campaigned at someone's funeral though. He's just following the tried and true Democrat behavior of finger pointing and avoiding responsibility by diversion of the topic of discussion.

He's just sore that Republicans don't stoop that low (wasn't there another Democrat a few years ago for a similiar incident?).

It dilutes his ability to demonize the Republican Party when it's really his own Democrat Party at fault! :lol:

TheRoseLady
07-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
Damn. And here I was hoping that would be a link to that article you promised to post.

Raven

You'll likely see that around the same time that Tamral bothers to vote. :loser:

Makes you wonder what is exactly missing from this story. Seems just plain odd that a person that high in state government would just "show up" and campaign. I don't condone it, but I think that there's more to the story.

TheRoseLady
07-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Atlanteax
He's just sore that Republicans don't stoop that low (wasn't there another Democrat a few years ago for a similiar incident?).

It dilutes his ability to demonize the Republican Party when it's really his own Democrat Party at fault! :lol:

Anecdotes. At least give us the pleasure of your proof. Loosen your tie a bit Atlanteax, you're turning red.

Skirmisher
07-25-2005, 09:23 PM
I agree completely, when Tamral votes, his opinion just MIGHT be worth something.

Regarding the article, this was an amazingly tasteless move on her part . She deserves every bit of public humiliation she gets over it if the accounts there are correct.

It is more than slightly reaching to say this was some kind of national strategy coming from the DNC though.

Go kick a cat.

Atlanteax
07-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady

Anecdotes. At least give us the pleasure of your proof. Loosen your tie a bit Atlanteax, you're turning red.

There was a Senator who died in a plane crash. I believe arrangements were made that his wife would run in his stead.

However, leading Democrat figures, I'm inclined to think it involved the Clintons (my memory is a bit hazy on who exactly was involved, as it was an old incident, but it did involve the Democrat party) and they ended up using the Funeral as a political platform, to the dismay of both other Democrats and Republicans.

Hulkein
07-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Pretty stupid move on her part.

Warriorbird
07-25-2005, 09:47 PM
I dunno. I think manipulating racism as a political background for a Presidential campaign is far lower.

Then again, there's what happened to John McCain... but I suppose what Republicans do to themselves doesn't count.

Vote Republican. We can lose what we gained in the Revolutionary War every single day.

Our freedom.

You don't want to play the how low have you sunk game. You really don't. I've got family stories from your side.

TheRoseLady
07-25-2005, 09:47 PM
There was a Senator who died in a plane crash. I believe arrangements were made that his wife would run in his stead.

Yes, there was also a Republican named Sonny Bono who's wife also took over in his stead. And she actually ran for his congressional seat

You might be referring to Mel Carnahan who posthumously beat Ashcroft for a senatorial seat. The Lt. Gov who took over for the deceased Governor appointed the widow to the Senate seat, which then had to be approved by the Senate.

Bad form is not reserved for just one side of the aisle. I think that there's more to this story, but naturally that wouldn't be news if it wasn't shocking and attention grabbing.

Artha
07-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Name me 3 freedoms that you, personally, have lost.

Atlanteax
07-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady

Yes, there was also a Republican named Sonny Bono who's wife also took over in his stead. And she actually ran for his congressional seat

You might be referring to Mel Carnahan who posthumously beat Ashcroft for a senatorial seat. The Lt. Gov who took over for the deceased Governor appointed the widow to the Senate seat, which then had to be approved by the Senate.

Bad form is not reserved for just one side of the aisle. I think that there's more to this story, but naturally that wouldn't be news if it wasn't shocking and attention grabbing.

Yea, I think I was referring to the Mel Carnahan one.

Atlanteax
07-25-2005, 09:55 PM
I dunno. I think manipulating racism as a political background for a Presidential campaign is far lower.

Then again, there's what happened to John McCain... but I suppose what Republicans do to themselves doesn't count.

Vote Republican. We can lose what we gained in the Revolutionary War every single day.

Our freedom.

You don't want to play the how low have you sunk game. You really don't. I've got family stories from your side.

I think the Democrats, dominated by liberals, and in particular the ACLU is on pace to destroy the one Right that should be universal for everyone, regardless of walk of life.

That right is Common Sense.

I'm stunned by how many court cases that the ACLU pursues that completely goes against Common Sense, while playing off that some other right is being denied (though not really), apparently out of fear that it'll otherwise set a precedent where people follow Common Sense when applying solution to Life's problems.

Warriorbird
07-25-2005, 09:57 PM
"Name me 3 freedoms that you, personally, have lost. "

We're not playing your bullshit specifics game, Artha. You're not even old enough to understand what you're missing.

Let's take a little metaphorical stroll. The Republican Party is ruled by the folks who were the Tories during the Revolutionary War. The people content with the status quo, the people who used fear to keep the people in line while their pockets were lined. A few enlightened (read educated) folks had enough balls to challenge the system and gain the support of the people with the simple notion of no taxation without representation. The Tories played on with grand notions about the "glories" of being a British citizen and how very free they were.

The Democrats have lost sight of the people as a whole. The party needs to stop waging foolish idealogical struggles that let the Republicans paint them as things that "madden good churchgoers" and return to the notion of actually doing something for the people. A lot of effort is needed, but they can make it there.

The Republicans have all three branches. They're legislating for the people every day without giving a damn for them. Seems like we've lost that struggle for freedom after all.

Warriorbird
07-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Common Sense = things like personal freedom. The ability to do what you want with your own body...love who you want...associate with who you want... believe what you want.

Sadly, the Republicans have made Common Sense into hating freedom.

Hulkein
07-25-2005, 10:00 PM
LOL @ Warriorbird.

Artha
07-25-2005, 10:03 PM
We're not playing your bullshit specifics game, Artha.
Hmm. I seem to remember you asking someone to name three freedoms they still had or something like that. However, I just did a search for every instance of 'three' by you and all I really was 'republicans have control of all three branches! Dictator alert!' so I suppose the question was misdirected.

Gan
07-25-2005, 10:05 PM
The losing freedom argument is just another generalist blanket statement. It sounds good even if there's no substance to back it up.

Fear tactic anyone?

[Edited on 7-26-2005 by Ganalon]

Atlanteax
07-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Look out!!!!

WarriorAlbatross is on the War Path!

:yell:

I'm going to wait till he chills out, if that happens...

Farquar
07-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon
The losing freedom argument is just another generalist blanket statement. It sounds good even if there's no substance to back it up.

Fear tactic anyone?

[Edited on 7-26-2005 by Ganalon]

Fear tactic?

Does anyone remember WMD's, WMD's waaah waaah, nuclear, biological, chemical, as far as the eye can see! The streets of Baghdad are virtually overflowing with em! Ready to launch at a moment's notice! WAAAAH!

The only difference between the two is that one has been proven to be COMPLETELY false, while the other one continues to be legitimate.

GSTamral
07-25-2005, 11:17 PM
And yet that doesn't justify handing out business cards and campaigning at someone's funeral, let alone someone who died in the war. But that doesnt mean anything.

Skirmisher
07-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Well at least you have your priorities straight.

DeV
07-26-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
I agree completely, when Tamral votes, his opinion just MIGHT be worth something.

Regarding the article, this was an amazingly tasteless move on her part . She deserves every bit of public humiliation she gets over it if the accounts there are correct.

It is more than slightly reaching to say this was some kind of national strategy coming from the DNC though.

Go kick a cat. Agreed.

07-26-2005, 12:43 AM

You gotta be fucking kidding me on this one.

Your party owns Jessie Jackson, so please dont pull that shit.

Gan
07-26-2005, 02:09 AM
Dont forget the good Rev. Al Sharpton too!

DeV
07-26-2005, 02:41 AM
Fuck him. Seriously. Jesse too.

Goldenranger
07-26-2005, 03:26 AM
DeV

Fuck him. Seriously. Jesse too.

agreed... and this is a third example showing how people use ridiculous and upsetting incidents to make themselves not only repugant to and unelectable with the general populace, but also with the majority of their party.

There are morons on both sides of the aisle and luckily for us, alot of the incredibly tactless or stupid ones commit political suicide

Warriorbird
07-26-2005, 07:01 AM
"It is more than slightly reaching to say this was some kind of national strategy coming from the DNC though. "

Precisely. And none of these incidents show anything positive... and they come from both sides. Political reality.

Wezas
07-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Stupid move on this lady's part. Almost equally stupid is Tamral thinking this is something that would be encouraged by the democratic party as a whole.

Those "God Hates F*gs (http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/)" people are bible thumping republicans who parade their children around spouting out their garbage. Am I to assume the republicans are supporting them?

If you want to point out a story, go ahead. Don't make retarded blanket statements in regards to one person's bad judgement.

Latrinsorm
07-26-2005, 10:22 AM

Our freedom.The only thing that has restricted our freedoms since Bush has been in charge is the Patriot Act, which was voted yes on by both Democrats and Republicans. http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2001/roll398.xml

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

GSTamral
07-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Everyone loves good fiction.

Ravenstorm
07-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by GSTamral
Everyone loves good fiction.

So true. And speaking of fiction, where's that article Tamral?

Raven

07-26-2005, 10:55 AM
It's on the smashed laptop.. duhh.

- Arkans

Tsa`ah
07-26-2005, 11:05 AM
I was going to ask if you've voted today, killed a cat, stalked boys on high school campuses (or partied with them ... you go with bad 30+ self), caught any hackers, or broken any laptops today ... but I see it has already been asked.

No further comment needed.