PDA

View Full Version : A Post Liberals Can Read for Inclusiveness, bipartisanship, and unity

Gan
07-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Not that I place alot of stock in someone telling me how to think... I decided to do a little searching for some links to conservative organizations (web based) for those who might be interested in their literature.

Page with tons of links:

http://www.rightturns.com/conservweb.htm

One of the larger conservative think tanks I've actually heard of (also linked on the page above)

http://www.conservative.org/

As soon as I find a nice conservative site with a petition I'll be sure to include it so that us conservatives are also heard through the same medium.

RIGHT on.

:lol:

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by Ganalon]

CrystalTears
07-05-2005, 06:50 PM
I posted a few in their thread. However here is the email I received from my family. I'm not signing either because I don't want someone from either the left nor the right. Just someone fair. Yeah right. Heh.

-------------------------------------------

As you know, Justice O'Connor has resigned from the Supreme Court.

I just signed this Supreme Court Vacancy petition urging President Bush to select a nominee who will honor the Constitution and defend our faith, families and the unborn.

Please click here to join me in signing:

http://www.cfra.info/73.asp?PID=9098108&NID=1

P.S. Once you sign, please also CALL THE WHITE HOUSE and let them know what you think!

TALKING POINTS:

1. I ENCOURGE THE PRESIDENT TO KEEP HIS PROMISE TO NOMINATE A JUSTICE WHO WILL UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION.

2. I ENCOURAGE THE PRESIDENT TO NOMINATE A JUSTICE WHO WILL UPHOLD THE RIGHTS OF OUR FAITH, OUR FAMILIES AND THE UNBORN.

White House Switchboard: 202-456-1414

White House Comments: 202-456-1111

E-MAIL: president@whitehouse.gov

Web-Mail: https://sawho14.eop.gov/PERS?verified=1

Artha
07-05-2005, 06:52 PM
According to Thread Law 48313.c (Section 4, Article 6), I have to post a picture which the party of the second part (in this case, liberals) will either not find funny or will find offensive and which the party of the first part (in this case, conservatives) will find funny. Here we go:

http://protestwarrior.com/nimages/signs/large/pw_sign_23.gif

Gan
07-05-2005, 07:14 PM
And for those conservative college students who feel that their liberal left wing professors are trying to brain wash them...

http://www.academia.org/about.html

"What is Accuracy In Academia?

Accuracy in Academia, a non-profit research group based in Washington, D. C., wants schools to return to their traditional mission-the quest for truth. To promote this goal, AIA documents and publicizes political bias in education in Campus Report, its monthly newsletter. CR articles focus on:
• The use of classroom and/or university resources to indoctrinate students;
• Discrimination against students, faculty or administrators based on political or academic beliefs; and
• Campus violations of free speech.

Accuracy in Academia posts more frequent updates on all of these stories and issues on its companion web site www.campusreportonline.net. "

Gan
07-05-2005, 07:21 PM
And here it is!!!

All ye conservatives get out your virtual pens!

http://www.conservativepetitions.com/petitions.php

"Are you outraged by what liberals are doing to America? Had enough and want to make a difference? Then this tremendous resource is for you. ConservativePetitions.com harnesses Internet technology to help conservative Americans, like you, let those in charge know what we think. Not only is it full of news and information about crucial issues, this site enables you to take action through petitions that voice our concerns to the people who need to hear it -- all in one convenient location. "

[Edited on 7-5-2005 by Ganalon]

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks for posting those sites Ganalon, they were very informative.

Edited to add: I signed the petition, yeah! We're changing the world one e-signature at a time!

[Edited on 7-5-2005 by Hulkein]

Forged
07-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein

Edited to add: I signed the petition, yeah! We're changing the world one e-signature at a time!

But wait, I thought Bush wouldn't care about any petition signed on some silly website!!!

Changing your mind so fast?

TheRoseLady
07-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Where's the link for the Volvo/BMW dealerships, Ganalon? Isn't that kind of required reading for you "conservative" middle management types? :lol:

Gan
07-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Down south its the chevy truck website...

them foreigner cars are for those citified folk...

Gan
07-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Ok Ok... I've got to be fair...
Here's one for the left.

http://www.mwillett.org/Politics/treehuggers.htm

Wezas
07-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Forged

But wait, I thought Bush wouldn't care about any petition signed on some silly website!!!

I'm a liberal and even *I* can see the sarcasm.

07-05-2005, 08:32 PM

:noob:

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 10:11 PM

Incase you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic.

I didn't even read the petition.

Edit - Thanks for pointing that out for me Wezas. :yes:

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by Hulkein]

07-06-2005, 10:44 PM
John Kerry was jogging down the street and sees these kittens in a pet store window. He asks the owner, "What kind of kittens are these?"

The owner replied "They're democrats."

The next week Kerry is jogging down the street with Joe Liberman and Kerry sees the kittens and tells Joe, "You gotta' see this!"

Kerry walks up to the store owner and asks, "What kind of kittens are these?"

"Republicans" the store owner replies.

"But last week you said they were democrats! Whats the difference between them then and now?" Kerry proclaims.

"They opened their eyes." The store owner responds.

07-06-2005, 11:06 PM
A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a liberal Democrat. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were liberal Democrats too. Not really knowing what a liberal Democrat was, but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands flew up into the air. There was, however, one exception. A girl named Lucy had not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.' Because I'm not a liberal Democrat.''Then,' asks the teacher, 'What are you?''Why I'm a proud conservative Republican,' boasts the little girl.The teacher, a little perturbed and her face slightly red, asked Lucy why sheis a conservative Republican.'Well, I was brought up to trust in myself instead of relying on an intrusive government to care for me and do all of my thinking. My Dad and Mom are conservative Republicans, and I am a conservative Republican too.'The teacher, now angry, loudly says, 'That's no reason! What if your Mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?'She pauses, and lets out a smile. 'Then,' Lucy says, 'I'd be a liberal Democrat.'

okay no more jokes :)

ElanthianSiren
07-06-2005, 11:49 PM
I am so taking a pic of myself hugging a tree.

"Man goes to his doc and says, "Hey doc, when a dem wants to become a rep, what's the surgery involved?"
Doc looks at the man, raises an eyebrow and frowns, then replies, "Have to remediate your brain and take out your heart.""

-M

[Edited on Thu, July th, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

Atlanteax
07-07-2005, 12:07 AM
AWESOME jokes Dave! :lol: :rah:

I'll have to remember the teacher one to tell my friend and his mother who are both democrat teachers.

Apotheosis
07-07-2005, 09:21 AM
hmmmm, sounds like a great scam to make money.
here's a promotion for my conservative non-profit lobbyist group.

ALL YOU CONSERVATIVES OUT THERE! It's time to take our country back, using vauge catchphrases, I will attempt to gain your support, and more importantly, your money. We are tired of faith being attacked, we are tired of the liberal media spreading lies! It's time to demand our rights and freedoms as citizens of the United States. We must unite once again and stand for what our forefathers believed in.
United we stand, divided we fall!, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

The funny thing is, that above paragraph could probably go into any non-profit lobbyist group's promotional campaign and it would fit, regardless of the group's mission.

Tromp
07-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Ok if Liberals are intrusive to everyone's life... please explain to me what the Patriot Act is besides the most intrusive piece of crap ever created?

Gan
07-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Government is intrusive regardless of political party affiliation or slant. What does the Patriot Act have anything to do with this thread?

Warriorbird
07-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Nothing, really. We had all the conservatives playing around in mine. You pay for what you get.

07-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Hey get out of this thread, didnt you read the title?

Warriorbird
07-07-2005, 11:24 AM
I hear tiny violins.

07-07-2005, 11:25 AM
:D
Well we hear them every time you post.

Warriorbird
07-07-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm glad I provide that service for you. I generally think about the South Park movie when you post.

07-07-2005, 11:30 AM
:bleh:

Wezas
07-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
I'm glad I provide that service for you. I generally think about the South Park movie when you post.

The huge clitoris, right?

Latrinsorm
07-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Tromp
please explain to me what the Patriot Act is besides the most intrusive piece of crap ever created? A bill voted yes on by just about everyone (liberals included) in Congress.

Warriorbird
07-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Because, despite what conservatives will claim, Congress curiously unified behind Bush after 9/11.

Gan
07-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Because, despite what conservatives will claim, Congress curiously unified behind Bush after 9/11.

Only long enough to get their picture taken or their 15 second spot on TV. Then it was back to eath other's side of the box.

Warriorbird
07-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Curiously enough, it lasted for at least a month. Several pieces of monumental legislation were passed, including... :rimshot: the Patriot Act. Attacking the Taliban was in essence a free ride, no significant opposition at all.

But yes, of course, it was limited. Gotta love reality denying.

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by Warriorbird]

Latrinsorm
07-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Because, despite what conservatives will claim, Congress curiously unified behind Bush after 9/11. I believe it is the liberals who describe Bush as the great divider, not the conservatives.

DeV
07-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Inclusiveness, bipartisanship, and unity. Yeah right.

Gan
07-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Title of thread changed for humor, and because I can.

And because I'm actually in the correct thread to post this now.

Atlanteax
07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon
Title of thread changed for humor, and because I can.

And because I'm actually in the correct thread to post this now.

:lol: Pure Evil! :yes:

DeV
07-07-2005, 12:33 PM
:irule:

Thanks. :)