PDA

View Full Version : Daily covid cases are rising again

Tgo01
07-16-2021, 09:00 AM
Daily cases are starting to go up again, time for Latrin to panic.

Watch how fast the entire country DOESN'T shut down now that Orange Man is out of office. Shit, 37k daily cases and ~350 daily deaths (a 50% increase for both cases and deaths compared to last week). I do believe at that number of cases/deaths (and 50% increase from the previous week) last year there were mandated shutdowns of vast swathes of the economy, mandatory masks, mandatory social distancing, some states and locales even had police checkpoints to ensure you were allowed to be out and about, and some states such as Michigan even outlawed being within 6 feet of another person not part of your household even if you were just walking down the street, the president and every governor was even coerced into making a daily press briefing because of how serious the virus was, and of course every Democrat governor was saving lives and Trump and Republican governors were personally responsible for every death that happened in the country and within their own state.

Now though I hardly even hear about the virus anymore. Almost as if Trump was right when he said the Democrats' response to the virus was a political hoax....HUMMMMM.....

Parkbandit
07-16-2021, 09:19 AM
I still hear about it... and obviously you do as well since you knew the daily covid cases were on the rise again.

Democrats certainly weaponized the virus for political gains though.

Tgo01
07-16-2021, 09:24 AM
obviously you do as well since you knew the daily covid cases were on the rise again.

I was just bored and checked out this link: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I do still hear about the virus, it's just no where near the extent I heard about it last year when cases/deaths/increases over previous week were at the levels they are at now. Last article I read about the virus said cases were increasing at an alarming rate in LA and I think the main reason they even did an article on that was because LA county brought back mask mandates. This is nothing compared to last year where nearly every news article was about the virus and how Republicans didn't care about people dying. Now apparently no one cares about people dying because the most the entire country has right now is mask mandates.

Tgo01
07-16-2021, 09:34 AM
Here are the top stories according to Apple:

Floodwaters still rising in western Europe with death toll over 110
Congresswoman arrested while demonstrating for voting rights on Capitol Hill
Ohio man's rescue of mother and son, 10, at North Carolina beach caught on drone footage
2 charged with plotting to blow up Democratic headquarters

Top stories according to Microsoft:

Death toll from European floods passes 100
Who will blink first? Observers say Texas gov. has advantage over Dems
Arizona State Senator calls for new election, says Biden electors must be recalled
After a steep plunge in cases, every state is seeing an uptick

Out of 8 top stories there is a whole one story mentioning the virus and that downplays the shit out of it as merely every state "seeing an uptick" in cases. A 50% increase in cases and deaths compared to last week is an "uptick?" Shit with these numbers it was the end of the world when Trump was president. Trump was 100% spot on yet again when he said the Democrat response to the virus was nothing but a political hoax.

Alfster
07-16-2021, 09:44 AM
Almost like something major changed in the last year...majority of people at risk now are the ones who have chosen not to be vaccinated.

Tgo01
07-16-2021, 09:55 AM
Almost like something major changed in the last year...majority of people at risk now are the ones who have chosen not to be vaccinated.

So you don't REALLY care about saving lives, just the lives of people who do things you want them to do.

Gelston
07-16-2021, 09:56 AM
Are you trying to summon Latrine?

Tgo01
07-16-2021, 10:01 AM
Are you trying to summon Latrine?

Maaaaaaaaybe. Surprised he hasn't shown up yet with one of his usual "I told you so!" posts.

Gelston
07-16-2021, 10:07 AM
Maaaaaaaaybe. Surprised he hasn't shown up yet with one of his usual "I told you so!" posts.

It wouldn't really be much of an "I told you so". Total cases are still extremely low, especially considered to last year at this time. It is following the same model of rise from last year, just at a waaay slower rate. We'll probably have another decline and then another, larger rise is sept/oct.

I think we are basically just seeing seasons that will continue to peter out as time goes on and medicines advance.

Tgo01
07-16-2021, 10:10 AM
It wouldn't really be much of an "I told you so". Total cases are still extremely low

Well yeah but Latrin posts "I told you so" posts even when he was completely wrong.

Gelston
07-16-2021, 10:12 AM
Well yeah but Latrin posts "I told you so" posts even when he was completely wrong.

And honestly, even if Trump won, I doubt they'd be going on about COVID anymore. People get tired of the same news so things move on. We have nearly 2 decades or GWoT, but the news really stopped caring about that a lot back in 2005 or so.

Tgo01
07-16-2021, 10:15 AM
And honestly, even if Trump won, I doubt they'd be going on about COVID anymore. People get tired of the same news so things move on.

I doubt that. The virus was probably the best thing that happened for Democrats in the history of their existence, they aren't about to let that go quietly into the night, unless of course it doesn't benefit them politically then of course they're gonna bury any mention of it.

Gelston
07-16-2021, 10:16 AM
I doubt that. The virus was probably the best thing that happened for Democrats in the history of their existence, they aren't about to let that go quietly into the night, unless of course it doesn't benefit them politically then of course they're gonna bury any mention of it.

It isn't about what the democrats want. It is about ratings.

Tgo01
07-16-2021, 10:19 AM
It isn't about what the democrats want. It is about ratings.

Yeah and blaming Trump for each and every covid death was great for ratings. Some CNN "news" programs are down 75% in the ratings since they stopped talking about covid and Trump.

Gelston
07-16-2021, 10:30 AM
Yeah and blaming Trump for each and every covid death was great for ratings. Some CNN "news" programs are down 75% in the ratings since they stopped talking about covid and Trump.

It was amazing for ratings.

Gelston
07-16-2021, 10:37 AM
That is to say, everything Trump got good ratings. Hate articles, praise articles, all of them did. COVID was easy and right in your face daily.

Parkbandit
07-16-2021, 12:58 PM
That is to say, everything Trump got good ratings. Hate articles, praise articles, all of them did. COVID was easy and right in your face daily.

Praise articles??

Wut?

Gelston
07-16-2021, 02:04 PM
Praise articles??

Wut?

Fox News. OAN was basically created from it.

Shaps
07-16-2021, 03:17 PM
Sure - don't let statistics get in the way of logic.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/17/broadcast-coverage-of-trump-95-negative-according-/

"Since 2016, previous studies from analysts at the Media Research Center revealed that the coverage of Mr. Trump on major broadcast networks was 91% negative."

I'm sure the "media" was just "reporting the facts", and didn't have an "agenda" at all. Nope.. nothing to see here folks..

“From June 1 through July 31, the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts focused 512 minutes of airtime on the President, or nine times more than the 58 minutes allotted to Biden,” it continued. “The extra airtime devoted to Trump consisted almost entirely of anchors and reporters criticizing the President. During these two months, our analysts documented 668 evaluative statements about the President, 95% of which (634) were negative, vs. a mere 5% (34) that were positive.”

Alfster
07-16-2021, 06:14 PM
So you don't REALLY care about saving lives, just the lives of people who do things you want them to do.

Not exactly.

I don't care about people willingly skipping the vaccine. Those that can't get it due to other medical issues are unfortunate, and kids still seem to be dodging severe cases.

But my take on it is we have tools to reduce the severity of cases. Make your own personal choice, but I'm not going to have much sympathy if you skip it and end up in the hospital. It's clear that covid is here to stay, so we have to learn to live with it.

Stanley Burrell
07-16-2021, 08:19 PM
^ Yeah, still not sure about the kids' angle. I cannot, Teleologically, say whether or not children should be getting immunized. I don't know if; when smallpox vaccines were mandatory, that they were administered to children. I imagine the side-effects of that instance of inoculation may not have been as severe as some of the SARS-2 vaccine responses. I should probably read up on that actually.