PDA

View Full Version : Twitter - First Logic Flip for all of you (you know who you are)

Shaps
01-12-2021, 09:36 PM
https://twitter.com/policy/status/1349059275461685250

Twitter in Uganda - and the importance of freedom of speech. MUAHAHAHAHA.

ROFL.

Get to work on defending that one. This is going to be soooo much fun. Four whole years of this to ridicule.

Just wait. It's coming. LOL.

beldannon5
01-12-2021, 09:47 PM
don't forget abolishment of the electoral college, stacking the courts, higher taxes for just "rich people"

caelric
01-12-2021, 09:54 PM
Nah, most of the leftists on this board have no self awareness. They'll find some way to defend this.

Shaps
01-12-2021, 09:55 PM
Nah, most of the leftists on this board have no self awareness. They'll find some way to defend this.

Oh I know.. that's the beauty of it. So much fun to be had in the coming months/years.

time4fun
01-12-2021, 10:18 PM

ROFL.

Get to work on defending that one. This is going to be soooo much fun. Four whole years of this to ridicule.

How did you manage to get into adult life without understanding what free speech is?

My god you people are the world's whiniest, man babies.

Shaps
01-12-2021, 10:20 PM
How did you manage to get into adult life without understanding what free speech is?

LOL.. you really don't get it. Thank you so much for the entertainment you provide.

Tgo01
01-12-2021, 11:17 PM

Right when I think "okay...no way time4fun can get even more useless" she goes and surprises me.

How you managed to top "Men feed babies with their huge man tits!" is quite the feat, but you managed it. I saw earlier in another thread you are still saying this dumb shit even after you humiliated yourself the last time you said it.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 08:28 AM

ROFL.

My god you people are the world's whiniest, man babies.LOL.. you really don't get it. Thank you so much for the entertainment you provide.

Are you self-aware that when you post something meaningless, in the vain hope that it somehow constitutes an argument 1) it doesn't, and 2) makes you look like an idiot? Or is that news to you?

You're awfully butthurt about Trump getting himself kicked off Twitter, but that still doesn't constitute his "free speech" being infringed. Or did you somehow -- retardedly -- think that Trump was entitled to a private corporation's platform regardless of his behavior? And even if it were, best of luck figuring out what the difference between government infringement and corporate infringement of speech is, and which is prohibited.

Parkbandit
01-13-2021, 08:29 AM

Free speech isn't censoring the speech you disagree with... it's not setting up special "Safe" rooms where only like minded people gather... it's not having speeches cancelled because someone's fee fee's might get hurt.

I think one of the best quotes about free speech comes from a movie.

"America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours." You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest." -The American President

Shaps
01-13-2021, 08:31 AM
Are you self-aware that when you post something meaningless, in the vain hope that it somehow constitutes an argument 1) it doesn't, and 2) makes you look like an idiot? Or is that news to you?

You're awfully butthurt about Trump getting himself kicked off Twitter, but that still doesn't constitute his "free speech" being infringed. Or did you somehow -- retardedly -- think that Trump was entitled to a private corporation's platform regardless of his behavior? And even if it were, best of luck figuring out what the difference between government infringement and corporate infringement of speech is, and which is prohibited.

Another ignorant hypocrite. The fact you don't understand what's happening - or what I'm posting - provides me with so much entertainment.

ROFL.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 08:32 AM
Another ignorant hypocrite. The fact you don't understand what's happening - or what I'm posting - provides me with so much entertainment.

ROFL.

Yet another failure to lay out an argument, which 1) is a concession, 2) makes you look retarded. Care to try again?

Shaps
01-13-2021, 08:33 AM
Yet another failure to lay out an argument, which 1) is a concession, 2) makes you look retarded. Care to try again?

The fact you don't get it - doesn't mean I have to explain it to you. It's all good little sheep.. keep on being you. Bah bah. ROFL.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 08:34 AM
The fact you don't get it - doesn't mean I have to explain it to you. It's all good little sheep.. keep on being you. Bah bah. ROFL.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 08:35 AM

Such a good little automaton you are. Your programmers would be proud. LOL.

Sincerely, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the entertainment you provide.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 08:36 AM
Such a good little automaton you are. Your programmers would be proud. LOL.

Sincerely, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the entertainment you provide.

You're welcome, but your post was yet another failure to lay out an argument, which 1) is a concession, 2) makes you look retarded. Care to try again?

Shaps
01-13-2021, 08:39 AM
You're welcome, but your post was yet another failure to lay out an argument, which 1) is a concession, 2) makes you look retarded. Care to try again?

I'm not trying at all. You just keep feeding me entertainment. Your attempts at trolling, your lack of self-awareness, your blind regurgitation - is absolute joy to me.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 08:40 AM
I'm not trying at all.

Yes, that's quite clear, since, as I said, you couldn't be bothered to actually lay out an argument.

You just keep feeding me entertainment. Your attempts at trolling, your lack of self-awareness, your blind regurgitation - is absolute joy to me.

If you find the fact that you couldn't be bothered to form an argument (and that your failure constitutes both a concession and makes you look like an imbecile) entertaining and joyous, that's your prerogative.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 08:42 AM
Yes, that's quite clear, since, as I said, you couldn't be bothered to actually lay out an argument.

If you find the fact that you couldn't be bothered to form an argument (and that your failure constitutes both a concession and makes you look like an imbecile) entertaining and joyous, that's your prerogative.

LOL. The fact you don't get the point, doesn't mean there isn't one. That's the beauty of this. You're ignorance just makes me laugh. ROFL.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 08:47 AM
LOL. The fact you don't get the point, doesn't mean there isn't one. That's the beauty of this. You're ignorance just makes me laugh. ROFL.

It's your. You're is a contraction for "you are," and "you are ignorance just makes me laugh" doesn't make much sense. Perhaps next time you'll 1) actually lay out an argument, and 2) not claim other people are ignorant while demonstrating your own ignorance without a shred of irony or self-awareness.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 08:50 AM
It's your. You're is a contraction for "you are," and "you are ignorance just makes me laugh" doesn't make much sense. Perhaps next time you'll 1) actually lay out an argument, and 2) not claim other people are ignorant while demonstrating your own ignorance without a shred of irony or self-awareness.

LOL. So much joy right now. Please don't change. You bring a smile to my face.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 08:51 AM
LOL. So much joy right now. Please don't change. You bring a smile to my face.

By all means, keep filling your own thread with your repeated failures to lay out an argument, along with statements about how joyous it's made you.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 08:53 AM
By all means, keep filling your own thread with your repeated failures to lay out an argument, along with statements about how joyous it's made you.

I'm being a good post moderator and replying to those that address me. I'm, if anything, a considerate host. Your ignorance is not my issue to resolve though, so I can't help you there.

Please keep posting though, I'll be sure to accommodate you.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 09:00 AM
I'm being a good post moderator and replying to those that address me. I'm, if anything, a considerate host. Your ignorance is not my issue to resolve though, so I can't help you there.

Please keep posting though, I'll be sure to accommodate you.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 09:06 AM

LOL. Your attempts at trolling are commendable. I just don't care or get frustrated by them. So by all means, keep on. LOL.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 09:14 AM
LOL. Your attempts at trolling are commendable. I just don't care or get frustrated by them. So by all means, keep on. LOL.

Orthin
01-13-2021, 09:20 AM
So is the Ugandan government telling ISPs to shut down internet and social media or are the ISPs (assuming private entities) shutting down themselves?

Keller
01-13-2021, 09:31 AM
So is the Ugandan government telling ISPs to shut down internet and social media or are the ISPs (assuming private entities) shutting down themselves?

I'm sorry, this thread is not an actual discussion of first amendment rights (as applied to another country, I guess).

This is a thread for Shaps to shit all over himself repeatedly and think he looks cool.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 09:33 AM

The Ugandan government is shutting down social media ahead of the elections.

Twitter is posting how that decision is against free speech, and how it is so horrible to limit discussion in free and fair elections.

The irony is hilarious.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 09:34 AM
I'm sorry, this thread is not an actual discussion of first amendment rights (as applied to another country, I guess).

This is a thread for Shaps to shit all over himself repeatedly and think he looks cool.

Ahh was waiting for you to jump in. I'm sure you'll miss the hypocrisy occurring also. By all means get to the name calling. Believe that's page 1 of the handbook. LOL.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 09:38 AM

Just to point out an example.. I'm sure you'll chuckle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/09/03/facebook-political-ads/

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 09:55 AM
Just to point out an example.. I'm sure you'll chuckle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/09/03/facebook-political-ads/

That's not an example of either thing Orthin asked about. Did you fail to understand his question, or fail to understand the link you provided?

Viekn
01-13-2021, 09:58 AM
Ahh was waiting for you to jump in. I'm sure you'll miss the hypocrisy occurring also. By all means get to the name calling. Believe that's page 1 of the handbook. LOL.

Just a sampling...

little sheep

Another ignorant hypocrite

little sheep

you ignorant numbskulls

you racist pieces of shit

You idiots

Who's a hypocrite? Looks like you're using the same handbook there genius.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 10:02 AM
Twitter is posting how that decision is against free speech, and how it is so horrible to limit discussion in free and fair elections.

The irony is hilarious.

Erm.. No, it isn't, since Trump getting himself kicked off Twitter doesn't equate to them "limiting discussion in free and fair elections." Were you somehow not aware that our election is concluded, or that Trump has no magic entitlement to break a private corporation's rules with impunity? Or that Trump is a single member of a party, and everyone else who didn't break the rules can still post? Oh.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 10:02 AM
Just a sampling...

Who's a hypocrite? Looks like you're using the same handbook there genius.

100% I'll do it. I don't claim any moral high ground. I'm just fine arguing or fighting how they do. Most think you probably shouldn't and some decorum should prevail. Me, nah.. I'll just go after them as they go after others.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 10:03 AM
Erm.. No, it isn't, since Trump getting himself kicked off Twitter doesn't equate to them "limiting discussion in free and fair elections." Were you somehow not aware that our election is concluded, or that Trump has no magic entitlement to break a private corporation's rules with impunity? Or that Trump is a single member of a party, and everyone else who didn't break the rules can still post? Oh.

Ahh.. finally the logic flips start. Been waiting. LOL.

Viekn
01-13-2021, 10:12 AM
100% I'll do it. I don't claim any moral high ground. I'm just fine arguing or fighting how they do. Most think you probably shouldn't and some decorum should prevail. Me, nah.. I'll just go after them as they go after others.

Listen, name call all you want. I just don't get calling people out for being hypocrites in the same exact post you display your own hypocrisy. That's mind boggling to me.

~Rocktar~
01-13-2021, 10:16 AM
Pure Leftist comedy gold!

Shaps
01-13-2021, 10:17 AM
Listen, name call all you want. I just don't get calling people out for being hypocrites in the same exact post you display your own hypocrisy. That's mind boggling to me.

Understandable. It's definitely not the preferred method, but one that I will use.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 10:20 AM
Ahh.. finally the logic flips start. Been waiting. LOL.

And another substance-free reply where you pretended you have an intellectually or morally superior position.... but couldn't actually lay one out. Kudos on being the parody of a right-winger we've all come to expect.

Keller
01-13-2021, 10:28 AM
For anyone engaging in this thread in good faith, I want to be very clear about what some posters in this thread have been pointing out to Shaps.

The first amendment provides protection of certain speech from GOVERNMENT censorship.

The first amendment doesn't provide protection for any speech from PRIVATE censorship.

Uganda is a government.

Twitter is a private company.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 10:28 AM
And another substance-free reply where you pretended you have an intellectually or morally superior position.... but couldn't actually lay one out. Kudos on being the parody of a right-winger we've all come to expect.

Yawn. Again, just because you don't see it.. it's not my responsibility to educate you. Keep on as I said. Your attempts at trolling are entertainment for me. LOL.

Keller
01-13-2021, 10:30 AM

It's really quite strange behavior. It's like he proud of being an ignorant.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 10:30 AM
For anyone engaging in this thread in good faith, I want to be very clear about what some posters in this thread have been pointing out to Shaps.

The first amendment provides protection of certain speech from GOVERNMENT censorship.

The first amendment doesn't provide protection for any speech from PRIVATE censorship.

Uganda is a government.

I agree with your statements on the first amendment. The fact you don't understand the actual point of this post - and the hypocrisy - amuses me. You need to go more than 1 layer deep. LOL.

But I get it. I get four years of this to enjoy watching the logic flips occur.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 10:58 AM
Yawn. Again, just because you don't see it.. it's not my responsibility to educate you. Keep on as I said. Your attempts at trolling are entertainment for me. LOL.

If only someone had randomly solicited you to "educate" them -- but in reality, you posted a poorly conceived thread in a political discussion forum, had your "position" blown out of the water, then you've cycled back and forth between "Ha! You're so ignorant!" "How entertaining!" "It's not my responsibility to educate you!" instead of defending your "stance."

I'm sorry you don't know enough about the topic to have an informed opinion on it, and you're butthurt that you got called out. Your inability to lay out a coherent argument only reflects on you, though.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 11:02 AM
If only someone had randomly solicited you to "educate" them -- but in reality, you posted a poorly conceived thread in a political discussion forum, had your "position" blown out of the water, then you've cycled back and forth between "Ha! You're so ignorant!" "How entertaining!" "It's not my responsibility to educate you!" instead of defending your "stance."

I'm sorry you don't know enough about the topic to have an informed opinion on it, and you're butthurt that you got called out. Your inability to lay out a coherent argument only reflects on you, though.

You keep trying. It's cute. I'm not educating anyone. I'm pointing out certain things and watching the insanity. Again, not my fault if you don't understand it. You can keep trying to get me to explain it all you want. I'm not here to do that. You can figure it out for yourself.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 11:07 AM
You keep trying. It's cute. I'm not educating anyone. I'm pointing out certain things and watching the insanity. Again, not my fault if you don't understand it. You can keep trying to get me to explain it all you want. I'm not here to do that. You can figure it out for yourself.

Nobody asked you to "educate" them, you were challenged to substantiate your position. You failed, as is your prerogative. That's a concession, no matter how you try to soothe your bruised ego with mental gymnastics.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 11:08 AM
Nobody asked you to "educate" them, you were challenged to substantiate your position. You failed, as is your prerogative. That's a concession, no matter how you try to soothe your bruised ego with mental gymnastics.

You really like that word "concession". Alright friend.. I challenge YOU to substantiate YOUR position. If you do not, you fail and concede to ME!

GO!

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 11:11 AM
You really like that word "concession". Alright friend.. I challenge YOU to substantiate YOUR position. If you do not, you fail and concede to ME!

GO!

I already did; you chose not to substantiate your position, instead relying solely on a personal attack. Which, I told you, is a concession on your part. Feel free to go back.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 11:18 AM
I already did; you chose not to substantiate your position, instead relying solely on a personal attack. Which, I told you, is a concession on your part. Feel free to go back.

You talking about this nonsense?

"You're awfully butthurt about Trump getting himself kicked off Twitter, but that still doesn't constitute his "free speech" being infringed. Or did you somehow -- retardedly -- think that Trump was entitled to a private corporation's platform regardless of his behavior? And even if it were, best of luck figuring out what the difference between government infringement and corporate infringement of speech is, and which is prohibited."

If you want to call that defending your position sure. LOL. As I titled this "Logic Flips" - it's fun to see what's addressed, what's not, what excuses are made, what principles are flexible, etc.

Again, not my job to explain it to you. I'm pointing something out, you either examine it for yourself and understand the full scope or you don't.

So - you need to explain yourself more. Otherwise you concede to ME!

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 11:22 AM
You talking about this nonsense?

"You're awfully butthurt about Trump getting himself kicked off Twitter, but that still doesn't constitute his "free speech" being infringed. Or did you somehow -- retardedly -- think that Trump was entitled to a private corporation's platform regardless of his behavior? And even if it were, best of luck figuring out what the difference between government infringement and corporate infringement of speech is, and which is prohibited."

If you want to call that defending your position sure. LOL.

/facepalm. That's not "defending" a position, it's initially laying one out. And you, tellingly, had no response.

As I titled this "Logic Flips" - it's fun to see what's addressed, what's not, what excuses are made, what principles are flexible, etc.

Again, not my job to explain it to you. I'm pointing something out, you either examine it for yourself and understand the full scope or you don't.

So - you need to explain yourself more. Otherwise you concede to ME!

What you titled the thread is irrelevant. Your premise is flawed, and upon that being pointed out, you couldn't defend your position. Which... is a concession. Sorry you're butthurt about it. That's your problem, and no one else's.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 11:53 AM
/facepalm. That's not "defending" a position, it's initially laying one out. And you, tellingly, had no response.

What you titled the thread is irrelevant. Your premise is flawed, and upon that being pointed out, you couldn't defend your position. Which... is a concession. Sorry you're butthurt about it. That's your problem, and no one else's.

Flip, flip, flip, flip flip flip, flip. Nice try.. since you haven't better stated your position. You concede. I win. Thanks for playing.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 11:54 AM
Flip, flip, flip, flip flip flip, flip. Nice try.. since you haven't better stated your position. You concede. I win. Thanks for playing.

You haven't substantively responded to my very first message, so perhaps you should get on that. Until then, your failure (or inability) to read only reflects on you, buddy.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 12:06 PM
You haven't substantively responded to my very first message, so perhaps you should get on that. Until then, your failure (or inability) to read only reflects on you, buddy.

Actually your inability to grasp the intent is your failure and only reflects on you, buddy. Keep conceding. I'm enjoying winning.

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 12:09 PM
Actually your inability to grasp the intent is your failure and only reflects on you, buddy. Keep conceding. I'm enjoying winning.

You were challenged to substantiate your position. You failed, as is your prerogative. That's a concession, no matter how you try to soothe your bruised ego with mental gymnastics. But much to your obvious dismay, your unilateral declaration lacks the power to twist and warp reality to suit your fantasy.

Shaps
01-13-2021, 12:11 PM
You were challenged to substantiate your position. You failed, as is your prerogative. That's a concession, no matter how you try to soothe your bruised ego with mental gymnastics. But much to your obvious dismay, your unilateral declaration lacks the power to twist and warp reality to suit your fantasy.

6 pages of you conceding to me, by trying to say I conceded. You really are just conceding all over the place. I don't get tired. Your tactics don't work on me. I don't care. You can try all you like. Until you realize you conceded, I'll keep pointing it out to you. Eventually you'll catch on.

Methais
01-13-2021, 12:32 PM

What's your opinion on #HangMikePence trending on Twitter not long after Trump was banned due to "possibility of inciting violence" or however they worded it though?

Ashliana
01-13-2021, 01:38 PM
6 pages of you conceding to me, by trying to say I conceded. You really are just conceding all over the place. I don't get tired. Your tactics don't work on me. I don't care. You can try all you like. Until you realize you conceded, I'll keep pointing it out to you. Eventually you'll catch on.

What's your opinion on #HangMikePence trending on Twitter not long after Trump was banned due to "possibility of inciting violence" or however they worded it though?

What's my opinion of Twitter taking down hashtags advocating or glorifying violence, per Twitter's terms of service? Just making sure I'm not misinterpreting your question.

~Rocktar~
01-13-2021, 07:10 PM
Even more comedy gold.

Tgo01
01-14-2021, 04:13 AM

Uganda is a government.

Damn you're dumb.