PDA

View Full Version : Rules For Thee, Not For Me, Peasant

caelric
12-03-2020, 08:50 AM
Austin Mayor Is Latest Official To Not Practice The COVID-19 Precautions They Preach (https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/austin-texas-mayor-public-official-not-practice-covid19-precautions-003431450.html)

When even the far left HuffPo is calling out Democrat politicians for hypocritically telling people to stay home while they themselves are out partying, you know we have a problem

The mayor of Austin, Texas, is the latest public official to break from their own COVID-19 recommendations, telling residents last month to stay home while he hosted a wedding and vacationed in Mexico.

Democratic Mayor Steve Adler boarded a private jet with several others in early November to vacation for a week at a family timeshare in Cabo San Lucas, according to the Austin American-Statesman, which broke the story on Wednesday. The trip reportedly came one day after Adler hosted an outdoor wedding with 20 guests for his daughter at a time when health officials were urgently warning of a COVID-19 surge.

On Nov. 9 ― one night into his trip, according to the American-Statesman ― Adler posted a Facebook video addressing Austin residents about curbing the spread of the virus.

“We need to stay home if you can,” he said in the video. “This is not the time to relax. We are going to be looking really closely. … We may have to close things down if we are not careful.”

Adler did not disclose in the video that he was in Mexico, a country that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention specifically advised Americans ahead of Thanksgiving not to travel to because of the spike in infections.

So, which of our resident leftist posters are going to defend this (along with plenty of other Democrat politicians doing the same thing, including the mayor of Denver, the Governor of California, the mayors of San Francisco, and San Jose, etc...)

As I said in the title, it's pretty much a case of rules for thee, but not for me, peasant.

Seizer
12-03-2020, 10:16 AM
https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/im_shocked.gif

~Rocktar~
12-03-2020, 10:25 AM
Austin Mayor Is Latest Official To Not Practice The COVID-19 Precautions They Preach (https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/austin-texas-mayor-public-official-not-practice-covid19-precautions-003431450.html)

When even the far left HuffPo is calling out Democrat politicians for hypocritically telling people to stay home while they themselves are out partying, you know we have a problem

So, which of our resident leftist posters are going to defend this (along with plenty of other Democrat politicians doing the same thing, including the mayor of Denver, the Governor of California, the mayors of San Francisco, and San Jose, etc...)

As I said in the title, it's pretty much a case of rules for thee, but not for me, peasant.

But they were mostly compliant. Except of course when they weren't.

Shaps
12-03-2020, 10:52 AM
1. Everyone knows Mexicans can not contract Covid.

2. Margaritas have been proven by studies done by the CDC and WHO to act as a vaccine with over a 95% success rate.

3. Donkey shows, though potential super spreader events, if managed properly and with the correct PPE have been shown to be safe for the majority of people.

Back
12-03-2020, 11:27 AM
Yeah, not a good look. Bad move.

Do pandemic deniers support this?

caelric
12-03-2020, 11:29 AM
Yeah, not a good look. Bad move.

Do pandemic deniers support this?

I dunno. Find one and ask them.

Slider
12-06-2020, 07:10 PM
Restaurant/bar owner has her business shutdown because the outdoor seating area she has made is deemed unsafe by the state of California. but 50' away NBC show the Good Girls sets up (gasp) an outdoor eating area for the cast and crew that was approved by the city and they where issued a permit to do so. Sooo... outdoor eating by us plebes and norms is Very Bad and will Kill Us All, but Hollywood doing the same thing is deemed "safe" by our Democratic Overlords (TM).

Oh, and to add salt to the wound, the bitch NBC reporter on the News later on who was covering the story completely cut out of the part of the bar owners video where she showed the outdoor eating area set up by NBC studios for their "totally safe" outdoor eating area.

https://twitter.com/jakecoco/status/1334993874276786178?s=20