PDA

View Full Version : Trump Threatens to Shut Down Military Over Confederate Base Names

ClydeR
07-01-2020, 09:04 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ebz_AbgX0AEM78E?format=png&name=small

I'm sensing a trend.

Gelston
07-01-2020, 01:33 PM
I think they should rename them for Medal of Honor recipients from World War II that came from said bases.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-01-2020, 02:17 PM
I'm curious when they will rename all the streets, cities, libraries, etc. All this erasing is gonna put American's back to work!

Tgo01
07-01-2020, 03:50 PM
I'm curious when they will rename all the streets, cities, libraries, etc. All this erasing is gonna put American's back to work!

You're right, think of all the signs that would need to be changed. This could single-handedly solve the current unemployment problem.

Alfster
07-01-2020, 04:25 PM
You're right, think of all the signs that would need to be changed. This could single-handedly solve the current unemployment problem.

Those prisoners will be working extra hard.

Many of America's highway signs are made by inmates. One of the largest sign manufacturing plants is at Franklin Correctional Center, a medium-security prison east of Raleigh, North Carolina.

ClydeR
07-01-2020, 05:18 PM
Nobody here wants to stand with Trump and oppose renaming military bases? I'm surprised by the positions of the usual suspects. You're going to be like Mitch McConnell, who basically dared (https://www.foxnews.com/media/mcconnell-trump-reconsider-defense-bill-veto-threat) Trump to veto the bill?

Gelston
07-01-2020, 06:40 PM
Nobody here wants to stand with Trump and oppose renaming military bases? I'm surprised by the positions of the usual suspects. You're going to be like Mitch McConnell, who basically dared (https://www.foxnews.com/media/mcconnell-trump-reconsider-defense-bill-veto-threat) Trump to veto the bill?

Shit up bitch

Tgo01
07-01-2020, 06:48 PM
Nobody here wants to stand with Trump and oppose renaming military bases?

I think this whole renaming shit, toppling statues, getting rid of black characters on syrup bottles, and rewriting history is dumb.

If we want to start honoring more recent war heroes or generals then name new shit after them. We have all sorts of buildings, streets, military vehicles, bases, etc etc etc we can name after them.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-01-2020, 07:41 PM
I don't care much about it, but I do think trying to erase history is retarded. I also think, ESPECIALLY when we are where we are with respect to the Wuhan virus, the unemployed, terrorist organizations like ANTIFA and what is clearly a retarded effort to take LEO off the streets... we could spend our time, effort and money on those things first.

And it's clearly out of control - someone tell me it's not when we have George Washington statues being torn down.

Bhaalizmo
07-09-2020, 08:48 PM

Agreed. While simultaneously making America appear a wee bit less proud about the side that fought to protect slavery in the civil war. A win win.

ClydeR
07-27-2020, 02:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ebz_AbgX0AEM78E?format=png&name=small

The Senate passed the bill. It still has the Warren amendment in it. It looks like Trump will get a chance to veto it.

Solkern
07-27-2020, 02:30 PM
I don't care much about it, but I do think trying to erase history is retarded. I also think, ESPECIALLY when we are where we are with respect to the Wuhan virus, the unemployed, terrorist organizations like ANTIFA and what is clearly a retarded effort to take LEO off the streets... we could spend our time, effort and money on those things first.

And it's clearly out of control - someone tell me it's not when we have George Washington statues being torn down.

How are removing statues erasing history? Aren’t we still taught about it in school?
I mean I support the removal of specific statues where people idolize, an aspect of history that was a scorn.
Like if a dude is famous for running in and massacring troops that surrendered, we shouldn’t have a statues of him. I think there is a statue of some dude that did that.

Gelston
07-28-2020, 03:42 AM
I’ve never once learned history from a statue. I have a Bachelors in History.

Bhaalizmo
07-29-2020, 09:00 AM

Maybe we need to start putting up animatronic statues, like Chuck E-Cheeze or Disneyland. Make em Educational. Then a century later we can argue against their removal as erasing history / preventing education.

Parkbandit
07-29-2020, 09:09 AM

Never once?

In a town I used to live in.. maybe Richmond? Not sure.. anyway, they had these small statues and painted metal plaques around the city, each one with a different story about the history of the specific spot. I learned a great deal about the town.

~Rocktar~
07-29-2020, 11:01 AM

Then I can recommend that you visit the Chickamauga National Battlefield. Or most other major Civil War battlefields.

Blazar
07-29-2020, 11:18 AM
It's so nice our president is such a mature and responsible person that he calls people names even in his executive orders. I'd love to see one other president in all of history who has done the same. Just amazing. I sure do hope this shit doesn't become 'normal' because of this idiot.

I thought there was a minimum age for president? 35 years old, right? There needs to be a maturity test to ensure they've properly matured in such a way that they act like at least a 35 year old, not a 5 year old. What a sad man, he must feel really threatened.

Bhaalizmo
07-29-2020, 01:05 PM
It's so nice our president is such a mature and responsible person that he calls people names even in his executive orders. I'd love to see one other president in all of history who has done the same. Just amazing. I sure do hope this shit doesn't become 'normal' because of this idiot.

I thought there was a minimum age for president? 35 years old, right? There needs to be a maturity test to ensure they've properly matured in such a way that they act like at least a 35 year old, not a 5 year old. What a sad man, he must feel really threatened.

Yeah, if the word "Presidential" were limited to account for only the current term pres, you could now say that the following are "Presidential"

Lying about everything all the time.
Calling anyone you don't like names.
Defaming anyone you like for disagreeing with you.
Dismantling things put in place by your predecessor, simply because your predecessor put them in place.
Paying off women who have lawsuits against you, because out of court settlements keep the details off the books.
Threatening witnesses on twitter while they testify to congress.

The list is long, it's not hard to write. You just have to document his twitter content.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-29-2020, 05:20 PM
Lying about everything all the time. Like you have been doing with quotes?

Calling anyone you don't like names. Like you do in every post?

Defaming anyone you like for disagreeing with you. Like you do in every post?

Threatening Tell us more about how you want to "reeducate" the people who disagree with you...

The list is long, it's not hard to write. I agree, See your thread objectifying women that's thousands of posts long. Or any of the hundreds of posts in politics the past month.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-29-2020, 05:24 PM
Then I can recommend that you visit the Chickamauga National Battlefield. Or most other major Civil War battlefields.

I read that as chimichanga and got hungry.

~Rocktar~
07-29-2020, 06:24 PM
I read that as chimichanga and got hungry.

Sorry, it is close, not tacos though but to be expected.

Blazar
07-29-2020, 06:48 PM
Like you have been doing with quotes?

Like you do in every post?

Like you do in every post?

Tell us more about how you want to "reeducate" the people who disagree with you...

I agree, See your thread objectifying women that's thousands of posts long. Or any of the hundreds of posts in politics the past month.

You guys keep talking about him objectifying women, but not one of those women looks like they are being forced to pose, and I'd wager most of them enjoy the attention. Photography is art, women are beautiful, and it's not bad to appreciate either of those things. Now, if he posted things like "Look how hot these women are, and that's all they're good for", or "Man, I'd sure like to tap that and then have her go make me a sammich" then you could say he is objectifying women and is a sexist. But posting pictures of women posing that want to do it... sorry, I can't get on board with that. They have a right to pose and get paid, and he has a right to appreciate and share it.

Time to move on and come up with better arguments. You guys don't even seem to be trying.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-29-2020, 07:16 PM
You guys keep talking about him objectifying women, but not one of those women looks like they are being forced to pose, and I'd wager most of them enjoy the attention. Photography is art, women are beautiful, and it's not bad to appreciate either of those things. Now, if he posted things like "Look how hot these women are, and that's all they're good for", or "Man, I'd sure like to tap that and then have her go make me a sammich" then you could say he is objectifying women and is a sexist. But posting pictures of women posing that want to do it... sorry, I can't get on board with that. They have a right to pose and get paid, and he has a right to appreciate and share it.

Time to move on and come up with better arguments. You guys don't even seem to be trying.

It's not time to move on, it's literally thousands of posts. Rationalize it how you want my feminist friend. I don't need you to be on board with anything.

Bhaalizmo
07-29-2020, 09:12 PM
I agree, See your thread objectifying women that's thousands of posts long.

Please stop looking at that thread, you clearly can't handle the content responsibly and your bitchy whining about it is ... bitchy.

Is has been.

You move on that thread like a bitch.

Bitch.

Check out how fuckin presidential I'm being.

Tgo01
07-29-2020, 09:13 PM
Please stop looking at that thread, you clearly can't handle the content responsibly and your bitchy whining about it is ... bitchy.

Is has been.

Bitch.

Look at all of these gendered insults from our resident misogynist.

Bhaalizmo
07-29-2020, 09:22 PM
Look at all of these gendered insults from our resident misogynist.

Look at all these slave masters posing on your dollars.

https://youtu.be/32hUIGnMpOY

Tgo01
07-29-2020, 09:25 PM
Look at all these slave masters posing on your dollars.

They aren't your dollars too? I guess you really are a communist. SAD!

Bhaalizmo
07-29-2020, 09:39 PM
They aren't your dollars too? I guess you really are a communist. SAD!

Oh they're definitely my dollars too. I'd put some willing ladies on em though, if I had my druthers.

And no, I'm not a communist, jeez, what are you like 65? Fuckin reds. commies. Get a slander from this century gramps.

Tgo01
07-29-2020, 09:44 PM
Oh they're definitely my dollars too. I'd put some willing ladies on em though, if I had my druthers.

And no, I'm not a communist, jeez, what are you like 65? Fuckin reds. commies. Get a slander from this century gramps.

You're the one who said people needed to be reeducated like the good commie you are.

Bhaalizmo
07-29-2020, 09:52 PM
You're the one who said people needed to be reeducated like the good commie you are.

I standby that statement. Trump supporters are hoodwinked and in need of re education.

Tgo01
07-29-2020, 09:54 PM
I standby that statement. Trump supporters are hoodwinked and in need of re education.

So if you're not a commie then you're just in favor of their tactics.

Your constant desire split hairs is commendable. Not really, I just felt like you needed a win today.

Bhaalizmo
07-29-2020, 09:59 PM
So if you're not a commie then you're just in favor of their tactics.

Your constant desire split hairs is commendable. Not really, I just felt like you needed a win today.

If anyone knows anything about splitting hairs here it's you, so maybe you're right.

FlayedAngel
07-30-2020, 12:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJamGuLWoAAKMfo.jpg

Tgo01
07-30-2020, 08:31 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJamGuLWoAAKMfo.jpg

Naww, just the ones who are literally spouting off about communist propaganda. It's time to recognize your party has been infiltrated by communists. You can no longer sit on your hands while your communities are turned into gulags. It's not too late for you. You don't have to be like this. There is still time to turn around and accept Donald Trump as your Lord and savior. All you have to do is repeat after me:

"Communism has been responsible for hundreds of millions of deaths and untold suffering,
Capitalism has uplifted billions of people out of poverty and brought wealth and prosperity to the world."

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-30-2020, 08:45 AM

Is has been.

Bitch.

Someone got triggered, again. I bet your Mom is so proud of you.

Bhaalizmo
07-30-2020, 08:59 AM
Someone got triggered, again. I bet your Mom is so proud of you.

Not as proud as your mom. But yeah. She is.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-30-2020, 09:00 AM
Not as proud as your mom. But yeah. She is.

You should link her to your thousands of pictures of women, she'll be impressed by all you've accomplished.

Bhaalizmo
07-30-2020, 09:55 AM
You should link her to your thousands of pictures of women, she'll be impressed by all you've accomplished.

Aww. I'm sensing a little mom probs.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-30-2020, 10:58 AM
Aww. I'm sensing a little mom probs.

I imagine that's correct. You mom is probably disgusted for having raised a sexist bigot like you who advocates for communist reeducation camps of US citizens. I imagine you are listed as a member of a hate group somewhere.

Methais
07-30-2020, 11:32 AM

Is has been.

Bitch.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/runZ2zCpsqQdW/200.gif

Bhaalizmo
07-30-2020, 12:46 PM
I imagine that's correct. You mom is probably disgusted for having raised a sexist bigot like you who advocates for communist reeducation camps of US citizens. I imagine you are listed as a member of a hate group somewhere.

Keep imagining me I guess, if that's what floats your boat. It's weird. But you do you Bubba.

Clearly the thread full of T&A I've been posting isn't floating your boat, as you can't stop bitching about it, so maybe seek entertainment elsewhere.

And yes, I advocate for re-education of Trump followers because if you're still cheering for that dumpster fire of a person at this point, you're lost.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-30-2020, 01:03 PM
Keep imagining me I guess, if that's what floats your boat. It's weird. But you do you Bubba.

Clearly the thread full of T&A I've been posting isn't floating your boat, as you can't stop bitching about it, so maybe seek entertainment elsewhere.

And yes, I advocate for re-education of Trump followers because if you're still cheering for that dumpster fire of a person at this point, you're lost.

Ok, comrade.

Bhaalizmo
08-05-2020, 06:34 PM
Never once?

In a town I used to live in.. maybe Richmond? Not sure.. anyway, they had these small statues and painted metal plaques around the city, each one with a different story about the history of the specific spot. I learned a great deal about the town.

Richmond Virginia?

Learned all about the confederacy then I surmise. From statues. Which explains alot I guess.

Parkbandit
08-05-2020, 07:35 PM
Richmond Virginia?

Learned all about the confederacy then I surmise. From statues. Which explains alot I guess.

Yes. Richmond Virginia. I was there a grand total of 4 months.

And yes, I learned a great deal about the city of Richmond from those plaques and statues.

I don't hide from knowledge.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-05-2020, 08:00 PM
Shame. Ding ding. Shame. Ding ding.

For not learning from our past, PB.

Shame. Ding ding. Shame. Ding ding.

Methais
08-07-2020, 09:34 AM
Yes. Richmond Virginia. I was there a grand total of 4 months.

And yes, I learned a great deal about the city of Richmond from those plaques and statues.

I don't hide from knowledge.

No. You must unlearn that and learn the new past where Trump himself brought all the slaves over from Africa centuries ago, and then fought to keep slavery in the 1800s and told the north if they don't like it then they can fuck off and started the Civil War all by himself.

Bigot.

Gelston
08-07-2020, 02:43 PM
Never once?

No, we had books.

Parkbandit
08-07-2020, 05:25 PM
No, we had books.

These are the informative plaques I am talking about. I'm sure you could learn something from one of these?

https://www.jeffersonmatters.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/IMG_0521-32-765x1024.jpg

https://williamson-county-texas-history.org/Courthouse/court_house_plaque_south_side.jpg

https://nrhs.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/programs_historic_plaques-1.jpg

https://www.marriottonthefalls.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/niagara-plaques-866x350.jpg

Ardwen
08-07-2020, 06:04 PM
Really, thats all you have?

Fleur-de-me
08-07-2020, 07:34 PM
Can someone just start by simply explaining to me why a guy from queens has such an emotional connection to the “heritage” of the confederate flag anyway?

Ardwen
08-07-2020, 07:47 PM
Same reason protesters in Union states do...

Gelston
08-07-2020, 07:49 PM
These are the informative plaques I am talking about. I'm sure you could learn something from one of these?

https://www.jeffersonmatters.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/IMG_0521-32-765x1024.jpg

https://williamson-county-texas-history.org/Courthouse/court_house_plaque_south_side.jpg

https://nrhs.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/programs_historic_plaques-1.jpg

https://www.marriottonthefalls.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/niagara-plaques-866x350.jpg

Yes, I've seen plaques before. That is not nearly enough information to learn the history of a location or a person. At best they contain a page. I'd still go with books.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-07-2020, 07:56 PM
Yes, I've seen plaques before. That is not nearly enough information to learn the history of a location or a person. At best they contain a page. I'd still go with books.

Not sure why you are diminishing plaques as being informative. Seems like a dumb reason to argue about their worth.

Gelston
08-07-2020, 08:01 PM
Not sure why you are diminishing plaques as being informative. Seems like a dumb reason to argue about their worth.

I wasn't. I'm saying I never used a statue to learn history.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Never read a plaque along the road? At the Grand Canyon, a scenic view? None of that?

Fleur-de-me
08-07-2020, 08:24 PM
Same reason protesters in Union states do...

That's poor logic and even worse reasoning...and it true political fashion, it is not an answer to the question.

And that reason is?

Is there anywhere else in the world folks built monuments to the commemorate losing side of a conflict? (it just occurred to me Custer's memorial I believe stands on tribal land, so that may count)

If we are going to build monuments, lets learn from our ancestors and build them to memorialize Gods and other infallible deities, building these tributes to humans seems to reveal the worst in humanity.

Fleur-de-me
08-07-2020, 08:27 PM
If we are going to build monuments, lets learn from our ancestors and build them to memorialize Gods and other infallible deities, building these tributes to humans seems to reveal the worst in humanity.

I mean no one's incited to violence and trying to take down the Sphinx or chop down the great totem poles of the American northwest.

Fleur-de-me
08-07-2020, 08:31 PM
Never read a plaque along the road? At the Grand Canyon, a scenic view? None of that?

Of Course not! He was probably too busy enjoying the amazing natural beauty of the place. *insert font for sarcasm here.

Ardwen
08-07-2020, 08:41 PM
Most of the monuments were built long after the conflict, by people trying to intimidate people. They had little to nothing to do with honoring the conflict or the people who fought in them.

Taernath
08-07-2020, 08:44 PM
Is there anywhere else in the world folks built monuments to the commemorate losing side of a conflict? (it just occurred to me Custer's memorial I believe stands on tribal land, so that may count)

Yeah, there are a ton. Do you mean 'monuments to losers built by the winners'?

Fleur-de-me
08-07-2020, 08:55 PM
Most of the monuments were built long after the conflict, by people trying to intimidate people. They had little to nothing to do with honoring the conflict or the people who fought in them.

Exactly! So again, why does a guy from queens have such an affinity for confederate monuments..unless he's whats them standing to fulfill their original purpose. I don't want to assume that, but I am truly grasping at straws as to another reason.

Fleur-de-me
08-07-2020, 08:56 PM
Yeah, there are a ton. Do you mean 'monuments to losers built by the winners'?

I miss spoke, you have it correct Taernath.