PDA

View Full Version : Shit getting real with Iran

Tgo01
04-22-2020, 08:10 AM
Trump:

I have instructed the United States Navy to shoot down and destroy any and all Iranian gunboats if they harass our ships at sea.

I wonder if Iran is going to push their luck to see if Trump is serious.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-22-2020, 09:13 AM
About time.

Orthin
04-22-2020, 09:20 AM
Not sure if that is the type of flex I personally would be hoping for especially with of what is going on right now. But I am also biased because one of my best friends is out in that region

Tgo01
04-22-2020, 09:23 AM
Not sure if that is the type of flex I personally would be hoping for especially with of what is going on right now. But I am also biased because one of my best friends is out in that region

But also keep in mind that Obama's orders were so meek that Iran thought nothing of capturing a US Navy ship and taking all of the sailors hostage.

Orthin
04-22-2020, 09:46 AM
But also keep in mind that Obama's orders were so meek that Iran thought nothing of capturing a US Navy ship and taking all of the sailors hostage.

I wouldn't want that either, I would want somewhere between the two extremes if such a thing exists or existed

Parkbandit
04-22-2020, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't want that either, I would want somewhere between the two extremes if such a thing exists or existed

I doubt Iran is worried about "somewhere between" to be honest.

President Trump's "new policy" of shoot down and destroy any ship that is harassing us should have been the policy for the past 50 years.

Orthin
04-22-2020, 10:17 AM
I doubt Iran is worried about "somewhere between" to be honest.

President Trump's "new policy" of shoot down and destroy any ship that is harassing us should have been the policy for the past 50 years.

Iran must be to some degree otherwise they would have done what Trump is suggesting we do to them. I think for me it is wishful thinking that this continued poking of the bear has thus far resulted in no significant military action from us. I would be more okay with it if upon execution there was no continued escalation from either party. The problem I have is that it would most certainly create escalation on both sides at least in my eyes.

I do like the stance to ensure we are not to be taken lightly by any means but I worry about the overall outcome should we have to act on our words.

Astray
04-22-2020, 10:19 AM
How long until Iran tries it and gets fucked?

Then how long until Iran cries about it?

Alfster
04-22-2020, 10:19 AM
Yes. Shoot down a boat.

Parkbandit
04-22-2020, 10:37 AM
Iran must be to some degree otherwise they would have done what Trump is suggesting we do to them. I think for me it is wishful thinking that this continued poking of the bear has thus far resulted in no significant military action from us. I would be more okay with it if upon execution there was no continued escalation from either party. The problem I have is that it would most certainly create escalation on both sides at least in my eyes.

I do like the stance to ensure we are not to be taken lightly by any means but I worry about the overall outcome should we have to act on our words.

We should certainly act upon our words or they are simply words at that point.

President Obama's "Red Line" is a perfect example of that.

kutter
04-22-2020, 12:06 PM
Well if Iran continues down this path then they are stupid, just tell them to look back to April 18, 1988.

Alfster
04-22-2020, 12:48 PM
Irans got one hell of a military force. They could do some serious damage to us. They have advanced surface to air missiles, short range and ballistic missiles. A conflict with them would not be like Iraq or Afghanistan. It's a legit military force.

Not saying we'd lose a conflict, but will the American people be okay with the number of body bags?

Parkbandit
04-22-2020, 02:44 PM
Irans got one hell of a military force. They could do some serious damage to us. They have advanced surface to air missiles, short range and ballistic missiles. A conflict with them would not be like Iraq or Afghanistan. It's a legit military force.

Not saying we'd lose a conflict, but will the American people be okay with the number of body bags?

I remember people saying the same thing about Iraq before we rolled them within a week.

Iran wouldn't stand a chance... no matter how much you wish it not to be true.

Alfster
04-22-2020, 03:26 PM
You think I wish we'd get rolled by Iran? They have a solid military, but I'm not wishing death upon my own country. I'm simply saying, theres a lot more weaponry in Iran than what we've faced.

Then add in that 10% of our navy ships are impacted by covid - and those are just the ones they've fully admitted to. Our force isnt fully operational.

Gelston
04-22-2020, 03:35 PM

Boat. They captured a boat. A boat of bitches.

Gelston
04-22-2020, 03:36 PM
When I was on the 13th MEU they came and followed us around when we went through the Straits of Hormuz. Their guns were covered and unmanned though. They didn't really wanna fuck with us, just showing us they were there and they know we know they know we are.

Solkern
04-22-2020, 04:00 PM
Trump:

I wonder if Iran is going to push their luck to see if Trump is serious.

They probably will, and it wouldn’t surprise me.

Ardwen
04-22-2020, 05:11 PM
I wonder if this is also the policy for the much larger number of times Russian airplanes or vessels harass America assets. It happens vastly more often with Russian units the Iranian ones after all.

Gelston
04-22-2020, 05:20 PM
I wonder if this is also the policy for the much larger number of times Russian airplanes or vessels harass America assets. It happens vastly more often with Russian units the Iranian ones after all.

It happens every time a US ship traverses the Strait of Hormuz, you just don't hear about it.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-23-2020, 01:42 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-military-chief-threatens-us-warships-persian-gulf

Sounds like someone wants to get Tomahawk'd.

Gelston
04-23-2020, 04:24 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-military-chief-threatens-us-warships-persian-gulf

Sounds like someone wants to get Tomahawk'd.

There was an exercise in the early 2000s where a Marine General played as the Iranians. He successfully sank an entire US Carrier Battlegroup with minimal loses. We can't be too cocky with Iran.

It is a very interesting read. Of course, our DoD threw out those results and said "You can't do that".

https://warontherocks.com/2015/11/millennium-challenge-the-real-story-of-a-corrupted-military-exercise-and-its-legacy/

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-23-2020, 04:31 PM
There was an exercise in the early 2000s where a Marine General played as the Iranians. He successfully sank an entire US Carrier Battlegroup with minimal loses. We can't be too cocky with Iran.

It is a very interesting read. Of course, our DoD threw out those results and said "You can't do that".

https://warontherocks.com/2015/11/millennium-challenge-the-real-story-of-a-corrupted-military-exercise-and-its-legacy/

I'm not discounting they will have adept military personnel. Any war with Iran would be foolish. I'd love to see them get smoked like in Desert Storm, and frankly I don't doubt that they would be smoked like in Desert Storm. They chant death to America in their parliament or whatever their towelhead base of bureaucracy is called. I don't care if we kill them, and when they get puffy on us, we need to squash that shit.

Gelston
04-23-2020, 04:36 PM
I'm not discounting they will have adept military personnel. Any war with Iran would be foolish. I'd love to see them get smoked like in Desert Storm, and frankly I don't doubt that they would be smoked like in Desert Storm. They chant death to America in their parliament or whatever their towelhead base of bureaucracy is called. I don't care if we kill them, and when they get puffy on us, we need to squash that shit.

There is a big different between Iraq and Iran. We were able to destroy Iraq so easily because they had a heavily centralized military and their country was largely secular. Iran isn't. We might destroy their military, but their population is massive. They have no problems using human wave assaults. Their military isn't centralized either. We could defeat Iran, but the cost after we do is something to look at. We need them to defeat themselves.

Tgo01
04-23-2020, 04:48 PM

Is that the war game where the guy was using motorcycles to deliver messages but within the confines of the game they were basically teleporting everywhere instantly to deliver messages and the general had loaded a bunch of large heavy missiles into fishing boats?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-23-2020, 04:52 PM
There is a big different between Iraq and Iran. We were able to destroy Iraq so easily because they had a heavily centralized military and their country was largely secular. Iran isn't. We might destroy their military, but their population is massive. They have no problems using human wave assaults. Their military isn't centralized either. We could defeat Iran, but the cost after we do is something to look at. We need them to defeat themselves.

Like I said, war with Iran would be foolish.

I'd also like to see them not harassing our ships and stuff, so I'm ok with authorizing our fleet to blow them outta the water. Fuck those guys. They'd kill us all if they could do it without getting blown off the face of the Earth.

Gelston
04-23-2020, 06:06 PM
Is that the war game where the guy was using motorcycles to deliver messages but within the confines of the game they were basically teleporting everywhere instantly to deliver messages and the general had loaded a bunch of large heavy missiles into fishing boats?

Read the article. No. He did use kamikaze boats (which Al Qaeda did to the USS Cole). Everything he did was in the realms of possibility.

Methais
04-24-2020, 02:33 PM
How long until Iran tries it and gets fucked?

Then how long until Iran cries about it?

Then how long before democrats defend Iran?

Fixed.

Methais
04-24-2020, 02:33 PM
Yes. Shoot down a boat.

After you're done shooting the boat, which way does it go?

Methais
04-24-2020, 02:58 PM

But Russia!

https://i.imgflip.com/1sl8vz.gif

Gelston
05-11-2020, 10:33 AM
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/05/iran-hits-its-own-warship-with-missile-killing-19/

At least 19 Iranian Navy personnel are dead and 15 more injured after the warship “Konarak” was struck by Iran’s own missile near Jask Port in southern Iran.

Iran’s official Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) confirmed the 19 deaths and 15 injuries in a report Monday.

Oops!

Methais
05-11-2020, 02:43 PM
Oops!

Iran's getting real with Iran.

Tgo01
05-11-2020, 04:46 PM
Oops!

What a bunch of morons.

drauz
05-12-2020, 12:37 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ajgOQtD.png