PDA

View Full Version : Churches bombed in Sri Lanka

Tgo01
04-21-2019, 12:48 PM
So this isn't getting nearly as much news coverage as the NZ shooter did so far, even though several churches and hotels were bombed and so far over 4 times as many people have been confirmed dead.

And typically suicide bombers belong to a certain religion so I wonder if that has anything to do with it, not to mention the news and world leaders so far being very careful not to use the word "terrorism" but instead referring to it as "bombings."

Gotta love the spin.

Luntz
04-21-2019, 12:51 PM
why is your cracker ass worried about Sri Lankans anyways

Tgo01
04-21-2019, 12:52 PM
why is your cracker ass worried about Sri Lankans anyways

Oh hey it's my favorite racist.

RichardCranium
04-21-2019, 01:02 PM
Some people did some things.

Tgo01
04-21-2019, 01:07 PM
Some people did some things.

I'm waiting for Ilhan Omar to say something about how the real victims here are Muslims.

Stumplicker
04-21-2019, 01:13 PM
"In a tweet, the prime minister said “I strongly condemn the cowardly attacks on our people today. I call upon all Sri Lankans during this tragic time to remain united and strong. Please avoid propagating unverified reports and speculation. The government is taking immediate steps to contain this situation.”"

If only.

http://time.com/5574723/easter-sunday-blasts-explosions-sri-lanka-what-to-know/

Astray
04-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Shit's pretty bad over there, eh?

Gelston
04-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Shit's pretty bad over there, eh?

It isn't America, so obviously. With or without bombings.

Astray
04-21-2019, 01:34 PM
It isn't America, so obviously. With or without bombings.

USA USA USA

Tgo01
04-21-2019, 03:31 PM
Some journalists already suggesting it's "Islamophobic" to talk about these terrorist attacks.

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked!

Tgo01
04-21-2019, 08:22 PM
It's pretty amazing watching politician after politician offer their condolences to "the people" killed by "the bombings." The same politicians who condemned white supremacy, offered their condolences to Muslims, and referred to the NZ shooting as a terrorist attack.

If I didn't know any better I would say they have an agenda to push.

~Rocktar~
04-22-2019, 01:20 AM
I love how many outlets are reporting them as "Easter Worshipers" like the word Christian is going to make them burst into flames. (I would like to see some of the lamestream media personalities burst into flames but we don't always get what we want) Muslims shot in NZ, poor Muslims let's show unity and so on, Christians bombed in Sri Lanka, ho hum, some Eastern Worshipers were killed.

Tgo01
04-22-2019, 01:21 AM
I love how many outlets are reporting them as "Easter Worshipers" like the word Christian is going to make them burst into flames. (I would like to see some of the lamestream media personalities burst into flames but we don't always get what we want) Muslims shot in NZ, poor Muslims let's show unity and so on, Christians bombed in Sri Lanka, ho hum, some Eastern Worshipers were killed.

That's what I noticed too. When "the people" sounded too heartless but they didn't want to offend anyone by saying "Christians slaughtered by Muslim terrorists" they went with "Easter Worshipers", a term I had never heard before.

Archigeek
04-22-2019, 04:23 AM
So this isn't getting nearly as much news coverage as the NZ shooter did so far, even though several churches and hotels were bombed and so far over 4 times as many people have been confirmed dead.

And typically suicide bombers belong to a certain religion so I wonder if that has anything to do with it, not to mention the news and world leaders so far being very careful not to use the word "terrorism" but instead referring to it as "bombings."

Gotta love the spin.

I'm seeing tons of coverage. Not like it's a contest, but probably more than NZ.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-22-2019, 08:05 AM
I'm seeing coverage, but not a lot calling it Islamic Terrorism.

ClydeR
04-22-2019, 10:05 AM
Trump tweeted about it..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4q-EqyU8AAVd1J.png

And then 11 minutes later..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4rBgkGUIAYNkP-.png

And then again 15 minutes after that, when he deleted the first tweet and updated the death toll..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4rE8X4UUAAFZoh.png

You didn't get this kind of world leadership when Obama was president.

Taernath
04-22-2019, 10:23 AM

CNN, Vox, and CBS were calling it terrorism. Probably more. There's a lot of coverage on it. Half of the news alerts on my phone over the past couple of days are about the bombings.

I'm not sure what more you guys want here.

Methais
04-22-2019, 10:57 AM
Trump tweeted about it..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4q-EqyU8AAVd1J.png

And then 11 minutes later..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4rBgkGUIAYNkP-.png

And then again 15 minutes after that, when he deleted the first tweet and updated the death toll..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4rE8X4UUAAFZoh.png

You didn't get this kind of world leadership when Obama was president.

Shut up ClydeTard you suck at life and you should feel bad.

Methais
04-22-2019, 11:01 AM
CNN, Vox, and CBS were calling it terrorism. Probably more. There's a lot of coverage on it. Half of the news alerts on my phone over the past couple of days are about the bombings.

Reparations in the form of unlimited nachos.

Gelston
04-22-2019, 11:07 AM

You get news alerts on your phone. What a fag.

Stumplicker
04-22-2019, 11:12 AM
Yeah, what are you, some kind of nerd? The rest of us get our newsfeed beeps from our pagers and then find a pay phone to call in to 1-900-YO-NEWS. If you're not paying $1.99 a minute for it, it's not worth knowing.

Edit to add: Also my phone forces news on me whether I want it or not. It vibrates like it's a damn text and primarily shows me news about whatever I googled the previous night. My computer even rings before the phone does if it's connected to my wireless at home. What I'm saying is, never use Google Fi. It is all the fun of a google search but the intrusive ads start showing up in your pocket and making noises all over your house.

Back
04-22-2019, 11:13 AM
The bombings were the first thing I heard on news radio when I got in the car yesterday morning.

Its easter. They bombed churches. Its not that hard to put together that it was an attack on Christians. Its also not that hard to determine they were terrorist attacks.

They also bombed some luxury hotels so we can assume they wanted to get the wealthy and tourists.

What more do you want?

Gelston
04-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Yeah, what are you, some kind of nerd? The rest of us get our newsfeed beeps from our pagers and then find a pay phone to call in to 1-900-YO-NEWS. If you're not paying $1.99 a minute for it, it's not worth knowing.

No, I just turn on the news if I care about what is going on. I don't need that shit beeping my phone all the time. I get enough text messages from your mother, I don't need more shit hitting my phone.

Methais
04-22-2019, 11:18 AM
The bombings were the first thing I heard on news radio when I got in the car yesterday morning.

Its easter. They bombed churches. Its not that hard to put together that it was an attack on Christians. Its also not that hard to determine they were terrorist attacks.

They also bombed some luxury hotels so we can assume they wanted to get the wealthy and tourists.

What more do you want?

You're clearly a racist islamophobe.

Reported to Mike Tyson.

Stumplicker
04-22-2019, 11:18 AM
No, I just turn on the news if I care about what is going on. I don't need that shit beeping my phone all the time. I get enough text messages from your mother, I don't need more shit hitting my phone.

Jesus. Tell her to shut up about Trump will you? She's been saying since 2016 that he's JUST about to be kicked out of office. This is it! Right now! It's happening! It's like if Apk lived an hour away and I had to go listen to him whenever the pipes froze under his house.

Taernath
04-22-2019, 11:21 AM
Gelston probably uses Cricket.

Gelston
04-22-2019, 11:21 AM
Gelston probably uses Cricket.

I don't know what that is, so probably not.

sellstuff1
04-22-2019, 11:33 AM
I'm waiting for Ilhan Omar to say something about how the real victims here are Muslims.

Of course you would be, because you're retarded.

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1119987511118520326?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Murrandii
04-22-2019, 11:40 AM
what debate is there here again? why you guys are always 2 opposite sides?

Tgo01
04-22-2019, 12:46 PM

That was more my point. The news coverage is mostly just updates on the number of dead and injured, police investigations, which buildings were bombed, things like that.

Hardly any mentions of Christians being the targets, Muslims being the terrorists, or things of that nature. A lot of news articles were specifically trying not to refer to it as terrorism, much less Islamic terrorism, even though we knew within hours it was Islamic terrorism.

Meanwhile within the first 24 hours of the NZ shooting it was wall to wall coverage of how white supremacy was bad, Candace Owens and Donald Trump were to blame, and white Christian women in NZ feeling pressured to wear a hijab in a show of solidarity with Muslims.

"Easter Worshipers" is now trending on Twitter. Apparently it's not "PC" anymore to refer to victims of terrorist attacks as "Christian" if they were the targets of said terrorist attack. Instead they are referred to as "Easter Worshipers" and more laughably "tourists", as if the Muslim terrorists were specifically targeting tourists.

Tgo01
04-22-2019, 04:58 PM
My bad, the news reports are still rolling in about this terrorist attack.

Look at this headline from Washington Post:

Christianity under attack? Sri Lanka church bombings stoke far-right anger in the West. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/04/22/christianity-under-attack-sri-lanka-church-bombings-stoke-far-right-anger-west/?utm_term=.84600fee42d7&tid=sm_tw)

Oh okay. The story isn't "Dozens of Muslim terrorists target and murder hundreds of Christians on one of their holiest days" it's "Far right people in the West are super angry!"

What a bunch of assholes.

Taernath
04-22-2019, 05:03 PM

Christianity under attack? Sri Lanka church bombings stoke far-right anger in the West. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/04/22/christianity-under-attack-sri-lanka-church-bombings-stoke-far-right-anger-west/?utm_term=.84600fee42d7&tid=sm_tw)

Oh okay. The story isn't "Dozens of Muslim terrorists target and murder hundreds of Christians on one of their holiest days" it's "Far right people in the West are super angry!"

You sound... angry.

Tgo01
04-22-2019, 05:03 PM
You sound... angry.

I'll tell you when I'm angry!!!11

Gelston
04-22-2019, 05:07 PM
I'll tell you when I'm angry!!!11

You sound feminine.

Tgo01
04-22-2019, 05:08 PM
You sound feminine.

Sexist.

Gelston
04-22-2019, 05:09 PM
Sexist.

so?

Tgo01
04-22-2019, 05:13 PM
so?

Only people who benefit from white privilege can ask a single word question.

RichardCranium
04-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Only people who benefit from white privilege can ask a single word question.

Dude, he is the State.

Gelston
04-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Dude, he is the State.

I am actually playing as Alfred the Great, King of the West Saxons, right now. I'm about to be in an all out brawl vs the Angles though, to unite the kingdom as Anglo-Saxons.

Archigeek
04-22-2019, 06:18 PM
You must read the wrong news sources:

NYT headline: "Blasts Targeting Christians Kill Hundreds in Sri Lanka"

Intercept headline: "When Christians are under attack, Muslims and the left need to defend them"

There are bunches more, from both the left and right. Stop trying so hard to manufacture outrage when there's plenty to be outraged about in the bombings themselves.

Tgo01
04-22-2019, 06:24 PM
You must read the wrong news sources:

NYT headline: "Blasts Targeting Christians Kill Hundreds in Sri Lanka"

Intercept headline: "When Christians are under attack, Muslims and the left need to defend them"

There are bunches more, from both the left and right. Stop trying so hard to manufacture outrage when there's plenty to be outraged about in the bombings themselves.

How do those headlines somehow make the headline I linked not true? It was a fucked up headline. I would be equally pissed if after the NZ terrorist shooting Fox News or something ran a headline: "New Zealand Mosque shooting stoke far-left anger in the West."

If you find such a headline regarding NZ let me know and I'll be more than happy to say how fucked up that is too.

But Washington Post was among the loudest calling all white people white supremacists after the NZ terrorist attack so I'm not surprised to see these headlines from them regarding Christians being slaughtered.

Although I will say of all the leftist media out there these days, the NYT have been the most honest about the Sri Lanka terrorist attacks. Others, such as Washington Post, have been running stories like the one I linked to earlier.

Back
04-22-2019, 06:36 PM
Holding off on naming those responsible for the bombings seems to me like a potentially life saving measure to prevent retaliatory attacks on innocent people who had nothing to do with the attack in this age of social media where trolls spread their hate at light speed.

Tgo01
04-22-2019, 06:40 PM
Holding off on naming those responsible for the bombings seems to me like a potentially life saving measure to prevent retaliatory attacks on innocent people who had nothing to do with the attack in this age of social media where trolls spread their hate at light speed.

One of the terrorist's names was Muhammad Muhammad. Try throwing a stone in a Muslim part of town and not hitting someone named Muhammad Muhammad. I think they'll be fine.

RichardCranium
04-22-2019, 08:30 PM

Fuck you.

Gelston
04-22-2019, 08:33 PM
They've said it was Islamic militants. Who else really does suicide bombings anyways? Time travelling Japs from the '40s?

Neveragain
04-22-2019, 10:33 PM

Back "Internet trolls are the root cause."

Ashlander
04-22-2019, 11:20 PM
They've said it was Islamic militants. Who else really does suicide bombings anyways? Time travelling Japs from the '40s?

Honestly as soon as I heard they did it by suicide bombings that's pretty much what I thought. Damn time travelling Japs....

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-22-2019, 11:43 PM
Honestly as soon as I heard they did it by suicide bombings that's pretty much what I thought. Damn time travelling Japs....

Japs feels like it's racist.

Racist.

Stumplicker
04-22-2019, 11:52 PM
Who else really does suicide bombings anyways?

The Tamil Eelam. It's one (the losing) side of the civil war that went on in Sri Lanka for 25 of the last 35 years. One of their tactics was suicide bombings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_Tigers_of_Tamil_Eelam

"One of the main divisions of LTTE included the Black Tigers, an elite fighting wing of the movement, whose mission included carrying out suicide attacks against enemy targets.[186] From ancient times, the Tamil civilization saw war as an honourable sacrifice and fallen heroes were revered and worshiped in the form of a Hero stone. Heroic martyrdom was glorified in ancient Tamil literature. The Tamil kings and warriors followed an honour code similar to that of Japanese Samurais and committed suicide to save the honor.[187] The Black Tigers wing of the LTTE is said to reflect some of these elements of Tamil martial traditions including the practice of the worship of fallen heroes (Maaveerar Naal) and martial martyrdom. All soldiers of LTTE carried a suicide pill (Cyanide Kuppi[188]) around their necks to escape captivity and torture by enemy forces.[189]

According to the International Institute for Strategic Studies, LTTE was the first insurgent organisation to use concealed Explosive belts and vests.[190][191] According to the information published by the LTTE, the Black Tigers carried out 378 suicide attacks between 5 July 1987, and 20 November 2008.[84] Out of the deceased, 274 were male and 104 were female."

Gelston
04-22-2019, 11:54 PM
The Tamil Eelam. It's one (the losing) side of the civil war that went on in Sri Lanka for 25 of the last 35 years. One of their tactics was suicide bombings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_Tigers_of_Tamil_Eelam

So, no one, because those guys got wiped out 10 years ago.

Stumplicker
04-22-2019, 11:57 PM
So, no one, because those guys got wiped out 10 years ago.

Yes, just like all individuals comprising Al Qaeda spontaneously combusted when we killed Bin Laden, all pIRA agents died after the truce, and we certainly did not spend 50 years finding Nazis in South America.

Gelston
04-22-2019, 11:58 PM
Yes, just like all individuals comprising Al Qaeda spontaneously combusted when we killed Bin Laden, all pIRA agents died after the truce, and we certainly did not spend 50 years finding Nazis in South America.

Except that isn't the same. This group only operated in one area and they were fucking rekt from the top to the bottom. There might be former members still alive, but they have given up.

Stumplicker
04-23-2019, 12:02 AM
Except that isn't the same. This group only operated in one area and they were fucking rekt from the top to the bottom. There might be former members still alive, but they have given up.

Yugoslavia had a pretty nasty civil war, and many of the participants are now, mere decades after tons of genocide and war crimes, neighbors again. They can't even make statues of their leaders. They make statues of pop culture icons that everyone can get behind; not people who might have murdered your family in the 90s. There is plenty of tension there, 20 years later.

I'm not saying that the Tamil Eelam committed this attack. I'm not saying Islamic Militants didn't. I just haven't seen news that anyone claimed credit, and it's a country with 378 suicide bombings in the last 30 years on the record. I'm waiting for as many facts as we're gonna be able to get before judging the whole thing.

Tgo01
04-23-2019, 12:12 AM
I just haven't seen news that anyone claimed credit, and it's a country with 378 suicide bombings in the last 30 years on the record.

Haven't the authorities in Sri Lanka already said it was a Muslim terrorist group that operates inside of Sri Lanka?

Stumplicker
04-23-2019, 12:13 AM
Haven't the authorities in Sri Lanka already said it was a Muslim terrorist group that operates inside of Sri Lanka?

I don't know. The last I read was this morning and it was unsure. Have they?

Methais
04-23-2019, 08:50 AM

That's just their way of saying the left is cool with it because they disagree with the victims' beliefs.

Methais
04-23-2019, 08:52 AM

Do you feel the same way about the NZ shooter or is that different because white supremacy?

Methais
04-23-2019, 08:55 AM
I don't know. The last I read was this morning and it was unsure. Have they?

ISIS claimed responsibility despite Back's super smart and helpful unicorn advice.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6950223/ISIS-claim-responsibility-Sri-Lanka-terror-attack-police-say-Christchurch-retaliation.html

Gelston
04-23-2019, 09:01 AM
ISIS claimed responsibility despite Back's super smart and helpful unicorn advice.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6950223/ISIS-claim-responsibility-Sri-Lanka-terror-attack-police-say-Christchurch-retaliation.html

ISIS would claim responsibility for your steak being cooked too long.

Parkbandit
04-23-2019, 09:26 AM

You have a long history of holding off on rushing to judgement when news breaks...

Methais
04-23-2019, 09:42 AM
ISIS would claim responsibility for your steak being cooked too long.

Technically a lot of meat was cooked for too long...

I heard it was macguyver.

Gelston
04-23-2019, 09:43 AM
I heard it was macguyver.

Ososis did it?