PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Republican Primary

Androidpk
02-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Former Massachusetts governor Bill Weld says he'll be challenging Trump in 2020. Says he intends to beat him or at least hurt him.

:popcorn:

Wrathbringer
02-15-2019, 12:03 PM
Former Massachusetts governor Bill Weld says he'll be challenging Trump in 2020. Says he intends to beat him or at least hurt him.

:popcorn:

get a job

Gelston
02-15-2019, 12:04 PM
Cool, and all the delegates will vote for Trump and everyone will ignore Weld.

Great primary.

Astray
02-15-2019, 12:05 PM
I cannot wait to see the county fair booths this year. It's gonna be amazing to see who comes out of the woods to run.

Methais
02-15-2019, 12:26 PM
lol Bill Weld

get a job

This is correct.

I got 1337 silvers that says between now and midnight PK doesn't go longer than 1 full hour without posting retarded shit.

Tgo01
02-15-2019, 12:47 PM
Who?

I honestly had to look this dude up, he ran as Gary Johnson's vice president in 2016. He hasn't held a political position since 1997.

I'm sure Trump is just terrified.

Wrathbringer
02-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Who?

I honestly had to look this dude up, he ran as Gary Johnson's vice president in 2016. He hasn't held a political position since 1997.

I'm sure Trump is just terrified.

pk thinks he's going to win. :lol:

Gelston
02-15-2019, 01:12 PM
Bill Weld also defended Hillary Clinton. I also remember he mad many, many retarded statements during the 2016 elections that displayed his complete lack of knowledge on firearms.

This was one of his gems.

"The five-shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses,” Weld said. “That is when they become, essentially, a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns probably is even worse than the problem of the AR15."

Methais
02-15-2019, 01:22 PM
Bill Weld also defended Hillary Clinton. I also remember he mad many, many retarded statements during the 2016 elections that displayed his complete lack of knowledge on firearms.

"The five-shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses,” Weld said. “That is when they become, essentially, a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns probably is even worse than the problem of the AR15."

https://i.imgur.com/Fi7K3.gif

Tgo01
02-15-2019, 01:43 PM

I know next to nothing about firearms but some things that jumped out at me.

A rifle doesn't hold 5 rounds by itself like a revolver would so it would need a clip in the first place.
Shells typically refer to shotgun ammunition.
A rifle civilians could buy (I know he called it a military rifle but I'm assuming he's talking about weapons civilians can buy too) wouldn't be so easy to turn into an automatic weapon.
Even a fully automatic weapon is not a "weapon of mass destruction."
Handguns actually are used for murders more than AR15s are but I think the point he's trying to make is a handgun is easier to turn into a "weapon of mass destruction."

What did I get wrong? What did I miss?

Gelston
02-15-2019, 01:53 PM
I know next to nothing about firearms but some things that jumped out at me.

A rifle doesn't hold 5 rounds by itself like a revolver would so it would need a clip in the first place.
Shells typically refer to shotgun ammunition.
A rifle civilians could buy (I know he called it a military rifle but I'm assuming he's talking about weapons civilians can buy too) wouldn't be so easy to turn into an automatic weapon.
Even a fully automatic weapon is not a "weapon of mass destruction."
Handguns actually are used for murders more than AR15s are but I think the point he's trying to make is a handgun is easier to turn into a "weapon of mass destruction."

What did I get wrong? What did I miss?

Clips are used for M1 garands and other older battle rifles. Modern rifles use magazines. Not clips.
Shells can be anything. Most people call the rounds.
Civilians can buy fully automatic weapons. It isn't difficult if you have the money and a clean record. You can mess with some weapons to make them fully automatic, or fire just as fast.
My old Gunny in my first unit in the Marines called the M16 a weapon of mass destruction. He was, obviously, not using that in an official way.

Androidpk
02-15-2019, 01:55 PM

I remember this, pure gold :lol:

Astray
02-15-2019, 01:57 PM
remove the pin

https://i.imgur.com/bnEB5Pj.jpg

Androidpk
02-15-2019, 01:59 PM
I wonder if he was talking about the M1903 Springfield.

Tgo01
02-15-2019, 02:03 PM
Civilians can buy fully automatic weapons. It isn't difficult if you have the money and a clean record. You can mess with some weapons to make them fully automatic, or fire just as fast.

Weren't these guns grandfathered in though at the time the bill was signed? Like if someone already owned a fully automatic weapon they could keep it but no one else could buy a brand new fully automatic weapon after that and so there are only so many automatic weapons left that can be legally bought?

Gelston
02-15-2019, 02:16 PM
Weren't these guns grandfathered in though at the time the bill was signed? Like if someone already owned a fully automatic weapon they could keep it but no one else could buy a brand new fully automatic weapon after that and so there are only so many automatic weapons left that can be legally bought?

No. You can buy a brand new one right now.

Tgo01
02-15-2019, 02:25 PM
No. You can buy a brand new one right now.

That's not at all what I have read about this. My understanding is only guns made and registered before the bill was signed (which was in 1986) can be legally bought. This is why there are so few fully automatic weapons to buy which makes them really expensive.

Methais
02-15-2019, 02:26 PM

Grandfathered? OMG STAY TRIGGERED GRAMPS OMG OMG OMG OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Tgo01
02-15-2019, 02:30 PM
Grandfathered? OMG STAY TRIGGERED GRAMPS OMG OMG OMG OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Why's it gotta be grandfathered? Can't it be grandpersoned? - Justin Treadu, probably.

Speaking of which I wonder why all world leaders except Trump seem to be out of the spotlight lately? Isn't it crazy?

Like Trump's first year in office all the media could do was suck every world leader's dick because they were "pushing back" against Trump or some shit, but now I haven't really heard much about them in a while.

I wonder if it's because France is STILL rioting against Macron and he wishes his poll numbers were as high as Trump's.

Treadue is involved in a huge scandal and he's the laughing stock of Canada.

Merkel almost lost her job a year ago and barely holds onto power now.

Weird how that works. Almost like the media is indeed fake news and is just interested in pushing an agenda and their favorite globalist leaders not doing well isn't what they want to report on at the moment.

Gelston
02-15-2019, 02:37 PM
That's not at all what I have read about this. My understanding is only guns made and registered before the bill was signed (which was in 1986) can be legally bought. This is why there are so few fully automatic weapons to buy which makes them really expensive.

Your understanding would be incorrect. There are stores in Texas that guide you through the permit process if you buy one from them.

This lists the process.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/05/21/machine-guns-legal-practical-guide-full-auto/

Note the NFA banned new "machine guns" which an M16 is not.

Gelston
02-15-2019, 02:50 PM
You talking about current M16? Aren't those semi-automatic?

No, M16A2s and M16A4s have burst, which you need a special license for. M16A3s are full auto.

Tgo01
02-15-2019, 02:50 PM
Your understanding would be incorrect. There are stores in Texas that guide you through the permit process if you buy one from them.

This lists the process.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/05/21/machine-guns-legal-practical-guide-full-auto/

Note the NFA banned new "machine guns" which an M16 is not.

Your link seems to suggest owning an M16 made after 1986 is illegal too.

No, M16A2s and M16A4s have burst, which you need a special license for. M16A3s are full auto.

I deleted that post! You didn't see it!

Gelston
02-15-2019, 02:56 PM
This can be yours for 8.5k, because it is a SBR, not a Machine Gun.

https://otbfirearms.com/heckler-koch-mp5a2-9mm-sbr/

Astray
02-15-2019, 02:59 PM
Saved that site for later.

Gelston
02-15-2019, 02:59 PM
That is why I didn't udnerstand the shooter in the Las Vegas thing. He could have bought this.

https://otbfirearms.com/rock-island-m60e4-mod-1-7-62mm/

He was wealthy, had no record.

Astray
02-15-2019, 03:02 PM
That is why I didn't udnerstand the shooter in the Las Vegas thing. He could have bought this.

https://otbfirearms.com/rock-island-m60e4-mod-1-7-62mm/

He was wealthy, had no record.

This site has grenade launchers.

Androidpk
02-15-2019, 03:02 PM
I deleted that post! You didn't see it!

Good job scrubbing.

Gelston
02-15-2019, 03:03 PM
This site has grenade launchers.

Yeah, but have fun finding grenades.

Astray
02-15-2019, 03:05 PM
Yeah, but have fun finding grenades.

True.

Androidpk
02-15-2019, 03:06 PM
want https://otbfirearms.com/awc-ultra-ii-ruger-10-22/

Astray
02-15-2019, 03:07 PM
want https://otbfirearms.com/awc-ultra-ii-ruger-10-22/

Fuck that.

https://otbfirearms.com/cobray-street-sweeper/

Gelston
02-15-2019, 03:07 PM
Haha, basically the exact opposite end of the spectrum.

Gelston
02-15-2019, 03:08 PM
They need to rename that to a hog clearing rifle before they make it illegal.

Tgo01
02-15-2019, 03:12 PM
This can be yours for 8.5k, because it is a SBR, not a Machine Gun.

https://otbfirearms.com/heckler-koch-mp5a2-9mm-sbr/

In the video on that page he talks about this particular gun and says you may buy and own a machine gun provided it was made and registered prior to May of 1986, which explains why it's so expensive.

Androidpk
02-15-2019, 03:13 PM
Actually I'd take this over the Ruger. I've always wanted to shoot the Russian version but I've never seen one for sale. https://otbfirearms.com/bingham-pps50-22lr/

Gelston
02-15-2019, 03:14 PM
In the video on that page he talks about this particular gun and says you may buy and own a machine gun provided it was made and registered prior to May of 1986, which explains why it's so expensive.

Yeah, "machine guns". Some weapons aren't machine guns. They are short barrel rifles. That M60E4 Mod 1 was actually made in the '90s and squarely falls under the machine gun category, so I have no idea how they can legally sell that, but there it is. The internals are probably from an older M60, if I had to guess.

Androidpk
04-15-2019, 06:28 PM
Weld says he is officially running.

Parkbandit
04-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Weld says he is officially running.

Who?

Methais
04-15-2019, 10:04 PM
Who?

Probably Bill Weld. Another guy no one gives a fuck about.

~Rocktar~
04-16-2019, 12:07 AM
Probably Bill Weld. Another guy no one gives a fuck about.

This is correct.

Gelston
04-16-2019, 12:20 AM
I could launch my campaign for the Republican nomination, doesn't mean Trump is being primaried.