PDA

View Full Version : That clusterfuck known as Virginia

Gelston
02-08-2019, 04:34 PM
I figure it rates its own thread now.

A second woman has now come forward accusing the Lt Gov of sexual assault.

The Governor is again saying he won't step down.

Heat seems to have fallen off the State AG because of all the shit going on with the Lt Gov.

Tgo01
02-08-2019, 04:43 PM
This story just keeps getting better.

On one hand I'm kind of pissed that it looks like both the governor and Lt governor are going to get away with shit that would have sunk a Republican within 48 hours.

On the other hand I'm kind of hoping these two are still around in office come 2020 and 2022. But let's get real, I don't think it's going to affect politics much on the national stage and probably barely any at all even on the local and state level because Democrats are all too willing to give Democrat politicians a pass for shit they would hang a Republican for.

Gelston
02-08-2019, 04:47 PM
This story just keeps getting better.

On one hand I'm kind of pissed that it looks like both the governor and Lt governor are going to get away with shit that would have sunk a Republican within 48 hours.

On the other hand I'm kind of hoping these two are still around in office come 2020 and 2022. But let's get real, I don't think it's going to affect politics much on the national stage and probably barely any at all even on the local and state level because Democrats are all too willing to give Democrat politicians a pass for shit they would hang a Republican for.

From what I've heard, you can only serve as Governor for one term in Va anyways, so he isn't likely to step down. I honestly don't think the guy is racist and I believe he should be forgiven.

The stuff from the LtGov though... Well if it is true, it is the more serious thing. The first woman isn't going for charges. I haven't heard any details about the second accuser, just that there supposedly is one.

Tgo01
02-08-2019, 04:50 PM
From what I've heard, you can only serve as Governor for one term in Va anyways, so he isn't likely to step down. I honestly don't think the guy is racist and I believe he should be forgiven.

Normally I would agree but again this is the type of thing that would sink a Republican. A Republican in Florida had to resign in just a matter of days over something not even as bad as Northam.

Republicans have to stop allowing Democrats to get away with the same shit that they worked hard to get Republicans thrown out of office for. The only way Democrats are going to learn is to start holding them accountable for the rules they make up.

Gelston
02-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Normally I would agree but again this is the type of thing that would sink a Republican. A Republican in Florida had to resign in just a matter of days over something not even as bad as Northam.

Republicans have to stop allowing Democrats to get away with the same shit that they worked hard to get Republicans thrown out of office for. The only way Democrats are going to learn is to start holding them accountable for the rules they make up.

Eh, I think he should have been forgiven too. The difference, the Florida Sec of State could have been fired. He took the pressure off the Governor and resigned. The Virginia Governor can't be fired or impeached for this.

It isn't about letting anyone get away with anything, there is just nothing anyone can do about it. I heard he might be switching to Independent though.

Tgo01
02-08-2019, 04:58 PM
It isn't about letting anyone get away with anything, there is just nothing anyone can do about it.

They can keep demanding he resign. There are already some Democrats who are calling off their demands that he resign.

Gelston
02-08-2019, 05:00 PM
They can keep demanding he resign. There are already some Democrats who are calling off their demands that he resign.

There have been protests, and continue to be protests, in front of the capital everyday. Eventually it'll die down, as people get bored with it and realize he isn't going to, but they are going at him. Just yesterday though, every single state democrat congressman called for him to resign.

But again, they just realize there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.

Gelston
02-08-2019, 05:02 PM
The second accuser says the details to her sexual assault are similar to the first accuser's.

She claims the event happened 4 years prior to the original accuser's.

Androidpk
02-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Apparently second accuser has texts and emails between her and her friends talking about the rape after it happened. Sounds like this guy needs to step down ASAP.

Gelston
02-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Former Gov McAuliffe (D) is calling for the LtGov's resignation.

sellstuff1
02-08-2019, 05:18 PM
A Republican in Florida had to resign in just a matter of days over something not even as bad as Northam.

Was this the one that attended a Halloween party in blackface with a shirt that said, "Katrina Victim" right after Hurricane Katrina?

~Rocktar~
02-08-2019, 09:02 PM
The second accuser says the details to her sexual assault are similar to the first accuser's.

She claims the event happened 4 years prior to the original accuser's.

Now imagine that this accuser came forward with rape charges and the man was arrested or at least investigated. Do you think that would have maybe helped protect the original accuser from rape? This is why I call bullshit on these age old accusations and so on. I think the guy likely went too far, I also think that unless women come forward with real accusations and not fake crap in a timely manner that rape will continue to be hidden and unfortunately common.

Gelston
02-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Virginia Delegate Patrick A. Hope announced via Twitter that if Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax does not resign on his own, he will introduce articles of impeachment against him Monday.

Ardwen
02-09-2019, 01:00 AM
You seem to have missed that the top GOP Senator has is own yearbook scandal. While as VMI he was the editor on the yearbook, and its apparently filled with racists tripe.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiCja3O_K3gAhWENd8KHdhoDRcQ0PADMAB6BAgAE AU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2F2019%2F02%2F07%2F6 92436425%2Ftop-va-republican-senator-edited-1968-yearbook-with-blackface-photos-racial-slur&usg=AOvVaw2MeZKwSTYVmBEXJPQNHmml

Parkbandit
02-09-2019, 08:47 AM
You seem to have missed that the top GOP Senator has is own yearbook scandal. While as VMI he was the editor on the yearbook, and its apparently filled with racists tripe.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiCja3O_K3gAhWENd8KHdhoDRcQ0PADMAB6BAgAE AU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2F2019%2F02%2F07%2F6 92436425%2Ftop-va-republican-senator-edited-1968-yearbook-with-blackface-photos-racial-slur&usg=AOvVaw2MeZKwSTYVmBEXJPQNHmml

Wait... so he wasn't actually in blackface.. but because he was the editor of the publication that had pictures of blackface in it.. 50 years ago.. he should resign?

The left's stupidity knows no bounds.

At all.

Ardwen
02-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Odd, at no point did my post say he should resign, perhaps you should read what is posted, I said he had his own scandal, which allowing apparently dozens of such incidents in a publication he is in charge of would be, a scandal. As far as I can tell, Virginia has some issues. That is all I said.

Parkbandit
02-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Odd, at no point did my post say he should resign, perhaps you should read what is posted, I said he had his own scandal, which allowing apparently dozens of such incidents in a publication he is in charge of would be, a scandal. As far as I can tell, Virginia has some issues. That is all I said.

You used the term "scandal" and equated it to the other 3 people that are under the microscope in Virginia.

And I was more speaking of the article, not you personally.

Personally, I think the decades old "blackface" is stupid.. but these are the rules the left put in place to get rid of Republicans that they disagreed with politically.. so they are sowing what they reap.

But this latest "scandal" is literally the most retarded excuse I've seen yet.

Fortybox
02-09-2019, 10:16 AM

You inferred it and also implied that it is a bigger issue.

Tgo01
02-09-2019, 10:48 AM

Wow Democrats are really reaching now.

"Hey look the governor is in black face or dressed up as a KKK member!"

"Yeah...well...the top Republican was one of 7 editors of a yearbook that had racially insensitive photos and racist quotes in it!!"

What's next, everyone who bought the yearbook is racist? Everyone who was just even in the yearbook is racist?

Fortybox
02-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Wow Democrats are really reaching now.

"Hey look the governor is in black face or dressed up as a KKK member!"

"Yeah...well...the top Republican was one of 7 editors of a yearbook that had racially insensitive photos and racist quotes in it!!"

What's next, everyone who bought the yearbook is racist? Everyone who was just even in the yearbook is racist?

Everyone who has a yearbook is now racist too.

Tgo01
02-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Everyone who has a yearbook is now racist too.

Shit! I might have to burn my high school yearbook lest Democrats get wind that I own one!

Gelston
02-09-2019, 11:06 AM

I saw that, but he wasn't the editor of that portion of the yearbook and there really isn't a lot of news on that. And as I said, I don't think either of the guys that wore blackface should step down, so this is way even less than that. The sexual assault thing here is basically center stage now.

Tgo01
02-09-2019, 11:08 AM
The sexual assault thing here is basically center stage now.

You're just saying that because he's black. At least that's what the latest counter outrage argument is.

Gelston
02-09-2019, 11:09 AM
You're just saying that because he's black. At least that's what the latest counter outrage argument is.

What counter outrage?

Tgo01
02-09-2019, 11:11 AM
What counter outrage?

Some people are already suggesting racism must be at play because the VA senate is talking about removing the Lt Gov from office while not doing the same for the AG and gov.

Gelston
02-09-2019, 11:14 AM
Some people are already suggesting racism must be at play because the VA senate is talking about removing the Lt Gov from office while not doing the same for the AG and gov.

I'm sure there are a few random people, but I haven't seen any large groups saying it is because he is black. There is always one or two idiots that say outrageous shit and get coverage like the speak for tons of people though.

And of course made up shit to make things seem more ridiculous.

Thing is, they can't legally remove the Governor or the AG. Wearing blackface isn't a High Crime or Misdemeanor.

Tgo01
02-09-2019, 11:18 AM
I'm sure there are a few random people, but I haven't seen any large groups saying it is because he is black.

The NYT reported on it, which granted doesn't really mean much these days but still.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/09/us/politics/justin-fairfax-virginia-impeachment.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

RICHMOND, Va. — Justin E. Fairfax’s refusal to resign as lieutenant governor of Virginia in the face of two allegations of sexual assault has presented Democrats with an excruciating choice: whether to impeach an African-American leader at a moment when the state’s other two top leaders, both white, are resisting calls to quit after admitting to racist conduct.

The political turmoil for Democratic leaders this weekend is unfolding at the intersection of race and gender, and risks pitting the party’s most pivotal constituencies against one another. If Democrats do not oust Mr. Fairfax, at a time when the party has taken a zero-tolerance stand on sexual misconduct in the #MeToo era, they could anger female voters. But the specter of Mr. Fairfax, 39, being pushed out while two older white men remain in office — despite blackface behavior that evoked some of the country’s most painful racist images — would deeply trouble many African-Americans.

Gelston
02-09-2019, 11:19 AM
The NYT reported on it, which granted doesn't really mean much these days but still.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/09/us/politics/justin-fairfax-virginia-impeachment.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Bleh, even worse, some random Newspaper article writers trying to stir shit up.

Gelston
02-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Either way, they can't do anything about the Gov and AG as far as impeachment. They can do something about the LtGov. And lets say the black face things didn't happen or come out, but the LtGov thing was, treat it like that. It is a separate thing, and IMO, a far more serious issue. I think all the charges definitely need to be looked into, but the Impeachment proceedings, and the later Conviction Proceedings are there to do that. Their process works the exact same as the Federal Government, although instead of being called the House of Representatives they have a House of Delegates.

We'll see what happens. I also remember hearing legal experts saying you can only be impeached for things that happened during your term, which neither of these two accusations did, so they might not actually be able to do anything about him either.

Tgo01
02-09-2019, 11:50 AM
I also remember hearing legal experts saying you can only be impeached for things that happened during your term

That sounds like bullshit. Were they saying this in regards to Fairfax? Did they happen to be Democrats themselves?

Gelston
02-09-2019, 11:59 AM
That sounds like bullshit. Were they saying this in regards to Fairfax? Did they happen to be Democrats themselves?

It was in regards to the Governor and no, they weren't democrats. It was on Fox News. I think he is citing the part where is says "malfeasance in office", emphasis on the in office part, it further goes on to state "malfeasance in office, ... , or other high crime or misdemeanor" so I think they can be... Unless all following are examples of what they mean by malfeasance in office. I'd like to think they are considered separate, but it really just seems to be redundant.

Tgo01
02-09-2019, 12:41 PM
Yeah malfeasance would cover pretty much everything, even things that are not crimes. Seems strange to state malfeasance while in office and to think high crime or misdemeanor is also covered by the "in office" part.

Pretty sure this is to cover a situation exactly like this one; someone who was elected into office when no one knew of the crime they committed before winning, then that crime coming to light afterwards so the state has the power to remove the person if they feel it's warranted. It would be pretty shitty if this guy had already been found guilty in a criminal court prior to being elected but he won anyways and then they remove him from office based on that conviction.

Gelston
02-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Yeah malfeasance would cover pretty much everything, even things that are not crimes. Seems strange to state malfeasance while in office and to think high crime or misdemeanor is also covered by the "in office" part.

Pretty sure this is to cover a situation exactly like this one; someone who was elected into office when no one knew of the crime they committed before winning, then that crime coming to light afterwards so the state has the power to remove the person if they feel it's warranted. It would be pretty shitty if this guy had already been found guilty in a criminal court prior to being elected but he won anyways and then they remove him from office based on that conviction.

An Impeachment proceeding is basically a "court" in certain ways. They'd be weighing the evidence and testimonies in the Impeachment at the House of Delegates, and then again in the State Senate. Instead of a jury of 12, he has a jury of whatever the size of the State Senate is.

Tgo01
02-11-2019, 12:17 PM
So the Democrat that was going to begin impeachment proceedings against Fairfax backed down after fellow Democrats apparently told him he was racist or something. So it looks like all three wonderful people, the two racists and the rapists, are going to suffer fewer consequences than Megyn Kelly who got fired from her job for just merely saying that wearing black makeup for Halloween costumes was common back in the day.

But it's white male Republicans who have the privilege in this country!

Tgo01
02-28-2019, 05:29 PM
Northam's wife is accused by two black kids of handing them cotton and saying "Can you imagine being an enslaved person and having to pick this all day?"

When do Democrats finally say enough is enough and run the racists out of their own party? Or would that drive so many Democrats out that the party would cease to exist?

Gelston
02-28-2019, 05:31 PM
Good thing Jussie Smollett happened to knock this out of the headlines.

Tgo01
02-28-2019, 05:33 PM
Good thing Jussie Smollett happened to knock this out of the headlines.

And then Democrats needed to knock that out of the headlines so they made sure to plaster Cohen's testimony all over the news, even though he is literally going to jail soon for lying to Congress. It's like I'm living in a movie, a badly written movie of political corruption and media malfeasance.

Tisket
02-28-2019, 07:39 PM
I figure it rates its own thread now.

A second woman has now come forward accusing the Lt Gov of sexual assault.

The Governor is again saying he won't step down.

Heat seems to have fallen off the State AG because of all the shit going on with the Lt Gov.

You should be banned for sig abuse. Notice I didn't say anything about avatar abuse!

Gelston
02-28-2019, 07:41 PM
You should be banned for sig abuse. Notice I didn't say anything about avatar abuse!

I'm simply quoting an interesting post.

~Rocktar~
03-01-2019, 12:03 AM
I'm simply quoting an interesting post.

This fucking sig dude, seriously, stop it.

Tisket
03-01-2019, 12:44 AM
Gelston has a master plan...annoy everyone enough so they turn off their sigs. That way they won't know how much he loves penis.

Roiken
03-01-2019, 12:54 AM
haha.I love it. Gelston party hard dude.