PDA

View Full Version : Oval Office Address!

ClydeR
01-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Trump is making a prime-time speech tomorrow.

President Trump wants to address the nation about the government shutdown on Tuesday night, and later in the week plans to travel to the southern border as part of his effort to persuade Americans of the need for a border wall — the sticking point in negotiations with Democrats who are eager to reopen shuttered agencies.

More... (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/07/us/politics/trump-address-border-visit.html)

It will be his 16th Oval Office address. During his two terms in office, Obama made 20 Oval Office addresses.

Trump should follow through on his threat to declare at national emergency. The emergency is that Congress refuses to appropriate money for the Wall. Declaring a national emergency would allow Trump to cut military projects and use the saved funds to build the Wall.

Declaring a national emergency would make other things easier too. Trump has already said declaring a national emergency would allow him to use the "military version of eminent domain" to seize private property near the border on which to build the wall. That can only mean less deliberating and more action.

Q But that — couldn’t that hold up your wall?

THE PRESIDENT: No, it’s not going to hold it up, because under the military version of eminent domain, and under, actually, Homeland Security, we can do it before we even start. Now, a lot of times we’ll make a deal, and I would say a good percentage of the time we’re making deals. We have already purchased a lot of it. You know, a lot of the money that we’ve been given has already been spent on purchasing the land, the right of way. It’s essentially a right of way.

So we are very, very far along on that. But eminent domain is something that has to be used. Usually you would say for anything that’s long, like a road, like a pipeline, or like a wall or a fence.

Okay? Thank you. Good question. It’s a good question.

More... (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-meeting-congressional-leadership-border-security/)

Ardwen
01-07-2019, 01:35 PM
You do realize the Supreme Court already ruled against the military version of eminent domain right? Also that Bush era cases on Eminent Domain are still processing in the court systems right? Good luck with that silliness.

Androidpk
01-07-2019, 01:43 PM
Let's watch even more red states turn blue :popcorn:

ClydeR
01-07-2019, 01:45 PM
You do realize the Supreme Court already ruled against the military version of eminent domain right?

Unless you can cite a source, it's not true.

Ardwen
01-07-2019, 03:51 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952_steel_strike

Back
01-07-2019, 09:29 PM
So Trump, who I did not vote for, who did not win the popular vote, is going on television to tell us that he wants our taxpayer dollars, my tax dollars, to build a wall I don't want or think we need. What time is that on? Oh, right. I don't give a fuck o'clock.

:jerkit:

Parkbandit
01-07-2019, 10:23 PM
So Trump, who I did not vote for, who did not win the popular vote, is going on television to tell us that he wants our taxpayer dollars, my tax dollars, to build a wall I don't want or think we need. What time is that on? Oh, right. I don't give a fuck o'clock.

I cannot wait for tomorrow...

I hope it's Hard Liquor Tuesday..

Wrathbringer
01-08-2019, 02:55 AM

Right, but then again, you are an ignorant retard and should be ignored so...

Wrathbringer
01-08-2019, 07:31 AM
LOL @ butthurt democraps wanting equal tv time with the president's oval office address. "He's going to tell America how we're obstructing at the cost of national security and we won't be able to deny it!" hahaha get some you liberal turds. :lol:

kutter
01-08-2019, 08:26 AM
You know, I freely admit I am not a lawyer, but I cannot understand why people keep using the Truman nationalization of the steel industry as a comparison to what is going on at the border. Trump is not looking to take over a segment of the economy, he wants to secure the southern border. Not sure that argument is the appropriate one to make.

Secondly, as far as eminent domain goes, the cases that are working their way through court systems, if I recall correctly involve instances where the government deemed it beneficial but it was not specifically for a government project, ie. I know there was one that they wanted to build a mall or apartment or something and tried to get the government to seize the land through eminent domain, which is complete horse shit. This circumstance is completely different, the government is well within the purview of eminent domain to seize land to build a structure that is in its best interest, ie. interstates, waterways, dams. It is black letter law, the only thing that hangs it up is how much are they going to pay for it.

RichardCranium
01-08-2019, 08:59 AM

I'm pretty sure a lot of people were saying this same thing in October of 2013 about the president, except it wasn't about a wall.

ClydeR
01-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Everybody will be watching tonight to see if Trump follows through on his threat to declare martial law. Abraham Lincoln declared martial law when he was having a crisis with the southern border.

Wrathbringer
01-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Everybody will be watching tonight to see if Trump follows through on his threat to declare martial law. Abraham Lincoln declared martial law when he was having a crisis with the southern border.

Cut a fart, Clyde.

Stumplicker
01-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Burt Gummer was right. The government is coming to eminent domain us to get our graboids.

Edit to add: Maybe if we put graboids on the border instead of building a wall the problem will just solve itself? Tremors 2 was set in Mexico, so we know they can survive in that habitat.

Methais
01-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Remember when Obama did tons of shit that people who didn't vote for him had to fund with their tax dollars too?

It's almost like elections have consequences or something.

Methais
01-08-2019, 11:03 AM
Cut a fart, Clyde.

His full name is ClydeRetard.

Candor
01-08-2019, 11:43 AM

Are you still whining about the popular vote? Really?

Sigh...OK it's been said before (including by me) but...

The United States does not elect Presidents via a popular vote. I knew that years before I could vote, and I expect you did too.

But let's be honest here - if Clinton had won the election via the electoral vote and Trump had won the popular vote, you would be talking about how wonderful the electoral vote system works (and so would most Democrats).

Can we move on from this whine now?

Wrathbringer
01-08-2019, 11:44 AM

The United States does not elect Presidents via a popular vote. I knew that years before I could vote, and I expect you did too.

But let's be honest here - if Clinton had won the election via the electoral vote and Trump had won the popular vote, you would be talking about how wonderful the electoral vote system works (and so would most Democrats).

Can we move on from this issue now?

lol @ your rep

Methais
01-08-2019, 11:45 AM

Can we move on from this whine now?

Hey Backlash, if Hillary won the electoral vote and Trump won the popular vote, would you still be crying about how not electing by popular vote is unfair?

A simple yes or no should be good enough.

Neveragain
01-08-2019, 01:25 PM
CNN's Don Lemon wants the address on air delay because Americans are too stupid and the president may use propaganda.

https://media.giphy.com/media/seRdOHd9Ehkpa/giphy.gif

Wrathbringer
01-08-2019, 03:00 PM
CNN's Don Lemon wants the address on air delay because Americans are too stupid and the president may use propaganda.

Don Lemon is the biggest mouth breathing retard on cnn, and that's saying something.

Neveragain
01-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Don Lemon is the biggest mouth breathing retard on cnn, and that's saying something.

I really hope the PC delivers, I have chips, dip and beer waiting for after work.

Methais
01-08-2019, 04:20 PM

Those segments always make me wonder how much you would have to smoke to bomb out a basement like that.

After conducting an intense study, I've come to the conclusion that it would take a lot.

Also, Don Lemon is a tard. A real tard's tard.

Astray
01-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Those segments always make me wonder how much you would have to smoke to bomb out a basement like that.

Oh, easily if a bong is involved.

Gelston
01-08-2019, 04:27 PM

They had '70s weed though. It was a lot less potent than today's stuff.

Methais
01-08-2019, 04:32 PM

To sustain that thickness over that big of an area though? I used to have a badass bong and it would get pretty ridiculous but still not to that level in the living room. A vehicle yeah, but that's easy.

Reported for trying to sell me drugs.

Gelston
01-08-2019, 04:35 PM
To sustain that thickness over that big of an area though? I used to have a badass bong and it would get pretty ridiculous but still not to that level in the living room. A vehicle yeah, but that's easy.

It was an unventilated basement. Actually, they had to have been burning incense too. Either that or Red Foreman had no sense of smell. I'm sure Kitty hit that shit though.

Astray
01-08-2019, 04:37 PM
They had '70s weed though. It was a lot less potent than today's stuff.

We're talking a group of people in the '70s doing bong hits in a basement.

Astray
01-08-2019, 04:41 PM

Hotbox a hotel room, you disable your in room fire alarm and put towels under the door and around the windows. It's stupid easy in a single room and we're talking '70s basement. From the scenes and the way it transitions, it looks like the air is caught in the room with them, so they were probably just jamming stuff under the doors.

Reported for not buying awesome drugs.

Gelston
01-08-2019, 05:02 PM

Also, reported for posting a gif of an alleged rapist.

Stumplicker
01-08-2019, 05:16 PM
Also, reported for posting a gif of an alleged rapist.

Al...leged? What is that, latin? Because I'm fairly sure you're speaking words from a dead language. Brett Kavanaugh used to have rape parties. That one lady said it. And he was guilty. SHE SAID IT. By the transitive property of rape, Ashton Kutcher is a rapist because of Brett Kavanaugh. And look at that gif! It's INCONTROVERTIBLE proof that marijuana causes rape!

Gelston
01-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Al...leged? What is that, latin? Because I'm fairly sure you're speaking words from a dead language. Brett Kavanaugh used to have rape parties. That one lady said it. And he was guilty. SHE SAID IT. By the transitive property of rape, Ashton Kutcher is a rapist because of Brett Kavanaugh. And look at that gif! It's INCONTROVERTIBLE proof that marijuana causes rape!

It is different with Danny Masterson. Obviously any evidence of the crime is gone, because they didn't come forward until like 15-17 years after the incident. They didn't seem to have a lot to gain from it though, he wasn't running for office or anything. A fifth one come forward later, who was an ex-girlfriend. Either way, 1 accuser? Eh, 50/50. Multiple starts to lean towards it being true, especially since I can't think of anything they'd have to gain from this. He isn't one of those super wealthy actors with loads of cash to throw at people. I still will use alleged anytime though, because he hasn't been found guilty and no charges were ever actually filed..

Astray
01-08-2019, 05:34 PM
It's INCONTROVERTIBLE proof that marijuana causes rape!

https://pics.me.me/thumb_when-you-bump-into-the-retarded-kid-ewwwww-ignore-these-6815026.png

Gelston
01-08-2019, 05:36 PM
https://pics.me.me/thumb_when-you-bump-into-the-retarded-kid-ewwwww-ignore-these-6815026.png

Marijuana does cause severe retardation though. Case and point, Androidpk.

Astray
01-08-2019, 05:37 PM

Don't go blaming the plant.

Methais
01-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Hotbox a hotel room, you disable your in room fire alarm and put towels under the door and around the windows. It's stupid easy in a single room and we're talking '70s basement. From the scenes and the way it transitions, it looks like the air is caught in the room with them, so they were probably just jamming stuff under the doors.

Reported for not buying awesome drugs.

Too late. I already reported myself for having too much ventilation.

Methais
01-08-2019, 05:42 PM

Case in* point.

If you smoked more weed you would know these things.

Reported for plant neglect.

EDIT: also backtraced

Stumplicker
01-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Marijuana may cause retardation, but only one type. Androidpk has all three major kinds of retardation. Clearly you have just not met anyone with very funny retardation, and that is why you do not make the joke on the retardation.

Gelston
01-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Case in* point.

If you smoked more weed you would know these things.

Reported for plant neglect.

EDIT: also backtraced

no i was making a case and a point, my case wasn't in a point.

Androidpk
01-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Case and point

You're retarded.

Gelston
01-08-2019, 08:58 PM
I made .15 cents sucking off my cousin.

Gross.

Gelston
01-08-2019, 09:11 PM
I can’t even do 5 pull ups.

http://rs533.pbsrc.com/albums/ee338/OUjkaj/manlet1.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

That sucks for you.

Androidpk
01-08-2019, 10:07 PM
Gross.

No one wants to know about your incestuous fantasies.

Gelston
01-08-2019, 10:33 PM
I like to speak to everyone about my incestuous realities at the Best Buy kiosk where I sell Norton Anti Virus.

Seriously, go away.

Androidpk
01-09-2019, 01:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwcMtZOXQAAruvv.jpg

~Rocktar~
01-09-2019, 01:24 AM

Yes it's all about Trump, except for the 4000+ dead in 2 years killed by illegal aliens. Or maybe it involves the thousands of dead and injured by drug overdose form meth, heroin and fentanyl brought across the open border and the hundreds of thousands if not millions of family and friends affected by or devastated by those addicted to those illegal drugs. What about the 110+ billion dollars a year in debt added to our kids burden just to support the illegal alien criminals that are on welfare and other social services does that figure in at all? By my count, that is a lot more than just it being about Trump.

They did get one thing right, Lying Chuckie and Skeletor Nancy Pelosi are against it just because it is Trump when they have previously voted for the exact things he is wanting to do.

Methais
01-09-2019, 04:16 AM

You don’t need to keep reminding us how stupid you are. We already know.

Wrathbringer
01-09-2019, 05:34 AM
Democrapic response, which they only got because the fake news media is on their side, was weak. Trump pointing out that they were for a wall until he was elected on the promise of one puts the lie to their "walls are immoral!!!!!11" bullshit. Here's hoping that the voters tuned in and saw how retarded the democraps are.

Ososis
01-09-2019, 05:51 AM
Democrapic response, which they only got because the fake news media is on their side, was weak. Trump pointing out that they were for a wall until he was elected on the promise of one puts the lie to their "walls are immoral!!!!!11" bullshit. Here's hoping that the voters tuned in and saw how retarded the democraps are.

You're literally retarded.

Back
01-09-2019, 05:59 AM

Two full years with republicans in all branches of government and now you blame democrats because you did not get the wall you voted for?

Don't know what to tell you dude. Your president is a straight up liar.

Wrathbringer
01-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Two full years with republicans in all branches of government and now you blame democrats because you did not get the wall you voted for?

Don't know what to tell you dude. I'm a straight up retard.

That's true.

Androidpk
01-09-2019, 09:06 AM
There is a crisis and it's coming from inside the White House. Dozens of Republicans are expected to jump ship in the House and side with the next budget they put forth and more and more Republican Senators are saying it's time to end the shutdown. Like I said the other week Individual 1 has no political capital left and Mueller is looming.

Wrathbringer
01-09-2019, 09:42 AM
There is a crisis and it's coming from inside the White House. Dozens of Republicans are expected to jump ship in the House and side with the next budget they put forth and more and more Republican Senators are saying it's time to end the shutdown. Like I said the other week Individual 1 has no political capital left and Mueller is looming.

You're one of the stupidest people here, but you already knew that.

Astray
01-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Lol, Praetor agreeing with PK.

Androidpk
01-09-2019, 09:55 AM
It’s endgame by summer. I think Mueller has the goods even now but he’s letting a few things play out so he can peg Trump and Co. later. Remember, to quote and save all the pro Trump shit said by the usual suspects here. The forthcoming meltdown will be epic.

I think the major shit hits the fan stuff happens by Spring. House Intel Committee will subpoena Junior first and like Bannon said back in 2017(?) they're going to crack him like an egg on live TV.

“The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor — with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers,” Bannon said to Wolff. “Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.” He added that he thought it likely that Robert Mueller’s probe would hone in on money laundering and said, “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”

Wrathbringer
01-09-2019, 09:57 AM
I think the major shit hits the fan stuff happens by Spring. House Intel Committee will subpoena Junior first and like Bannon said back in 2017(?) they're going to crack him like an egg on live TV.

Quoted for when this doesn't happen.

RichardCranium
01-09-2019, 10:08 AM
He should just pull an Eric Holder.

Androidpk
01-09-2019, 10:20 AM
He should just pull an Eric Holder.

Claim executive privileges? :lol:

RichardCranium
01-09-2019, 10:21 AM
Fuck yeah.

Astray
01-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Kick 'em when they're down wasn't the right answer?

Androidpk
01-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Fuck yeah.

He could certainly try but he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. You can't claim executive privilege for an event that happened when Trump was still just a candidate. He could try and use attorney/client privilege again but that too is without merit and wouldn't hold up in court if he tried to use it.

ClydeR
01-09-2019, 10:28 AM
When there is no prospect of an agreement in Washington, you appoint a committee. That's what we should do with the shutdown. Congress should appoint a blue ribbon committee with an important sounding name to study border issues, including the wall, and issue a report. Congress should end the shutdown for 6 months to give the committee time to do its thing. That way Trump could say he won by getting Congress to fund the committee and Congress could say it won by getting the government open without funding the wall. A group of Senators should insist on it. For all you Senators reading this, think of it as your opportunity to steal the spotlight!

I see no other good alternatives and many bad alternatives.

A good starting point for the committee would be to demand a release of the report on border security that Trump required in a 2017 executive order, which the Department of Homeland Security refuses to make public. They won't even say if the report conclusions called for a wall.

(d) Produce a comprehensive study of the security of the southern border, to be completed within 180 days of this order, that shall include the current state of southern border security, all geophysical and topographical aspects of the southern border, the availability of Federal and State resources necessary to achieve complete operational control of the southern border, and a strategy to obtain and maintain complete operational control of the southern border.

More... (https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-border-security-immigration-enforcement-improvements/)

Wrathbringer
01-09-2019, 10:31 AM
When there is no prospect of an agreement in Washington, you appoint a committee. That's what we should do with the shutdown. Congress should appoint a blue ribbon committee with an important sounding name to study border issues, including the wall, and issue a report. Congress should end the shutdown for 6 months to give the committee time to do its thing. That way Trump could say he won by getting Congress to fund the committee and Congress could say it won by getting the government open without funding the wall. A group of Senators should insist on it. For all you Senators reading this, think of it as your opportunity to steal the spotlight!

I see no other good alternatives and many bad alternatives.

A good starting point for the committee would be to demand a release of the report on border security that Trump required in a 2017 executive order, which the Department of Homeland Security refuses to make public. They won't even say if the report conclusions called for a wall.

Or they could compromise at 2.5b like reasonable people.

Wrathbringer
01-09-2019, 10:32 AM
He could certainly try but he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. You can't claim executive privilege for an event that happened when Trump was still just a candidate. He could try and use attorney/client privilege again but that too is without merit and wouldn't hold up in court if he tried to use it.

lol like your retarded ass knows anything about anything :lol:

Neveragain
01-09-2019, 11:35 AM

“The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor — with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers,” Bannon said to Wolff. “Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.” He added that he thought it likely that Robert Mueller’s probe would hone in on money laundering and said, “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”

https://wwwcache.wralsportsfan.com/asset/voices/2017/11/22/17134461/point_and_laugh-DMID1-5cv4ih16c-480x256.gif

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/239/110/8a8.gif

Methais
01-09-2019, 11:42 AM
It’s endgame by summer. I think Mueller has the goods even now but he’s letting a few things play out so he can peg Trump and Co. later. Remember, to quote and save all the pro Trump shit said by the usual suspects here. The forthcoming meltdown will be epic.

The only person here who is enough of a spineless loser to scrub old posts and then claim the post was never made is literally pk.

And probably you. But definitely pk.

Methais
01-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Methais since you’re black or part black I’m going to go ahead and give you some friendly advice.

1.) Stop playing GemStone.

2.) Use the time gained to pursue a higher degree.

3.) Make more money.

4.) Stretch out that fine white pussy with your BBC.

This is serious advice, you will thank me later. Take care.

I see it’s been a while since you last talked to your mom.

You should call her when you’re on your Walmart lunch break.

Astray
01-09-2019, 11:53 AM
The only person here who is enough of a spineless loser to scrub old posts and then claim the post was never made is literally pk.

And probably you. But definitely pk.

Praetor is literally an alt that was made to attempt to fool everyone into thinking he wasn't another poster. They are on the next level of post denial. The problem is that they are just such a shit-tier person, they can't maintain the lie of 'good person'.

Astray
01-09-2019, 12:20 PM
I’m Wrathbringer. Seriously.

That awkward moment when Wrath knows my IGN but you don't. Try harder, retard.

Astray
01-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Methais?

Here's a thought, McGuyver is Sellstuff1.

ClydeR
01-09-2019, 04:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwfy826VsAAy5h1.jpg

This tweet confirms that my idea for a blue ribbon commission is the way to go. It is the classic bureaucratic way to postpone the resolution of a dispute without hurting anybody's feelings today.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3Mfod1QeVKHPIaVLb1/giphy.gif

Ardwen
01-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Isn't he supposed to be the great dealmaker? Storming out is fixing exactly what?

ClydeR
01-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Isn't he supposed to be the great dealmaker? Storming out is fixing exactly what?

Walking out is a basic negotiating tactic. I bet Trump is the sort of person who has done it dozens of times in business negotiations. It is best used when you can afford to walk away from a deal but the other side cannot afford to have you walk away. Even when you can't afford to walk away, you can still bluff that you are walking away, which is what Trump is doing.

Wrathbringer
01-09-2019, 05:37 PM

When the other side has just literally refused to negotiate even minimally in good faith, there's not much point to sitting and staring at each other.

Ardwen
01-09-2019, 05:42 PM
They weren't asked to negotiate, he said will you give me my money for the wall, exactly what about that is negotiating?

Wrathbringer
01-09-2019, 05:44 PM
They weren't asked to negotiate, he said will you give me my money for the wall, exactly what about that is negotiating?

If you watched anything besides cnn and jimmy kimmel and you'd know what was offered. There were several offers from Republicans. Absolutely none from democraps.

Androidpk
01-09-2019, 05:48 PM

You gotta figure that he's gone his whole life being surrounded by yes men, never being held accountable for anything. I imagine his reality is being turned upside down right now.

Ardwen
01-09-2019, 05:49 PM
Odd Dems passed the bills the GOP sent over from the senate before the new year, with zero changes. They passed in the Senate 100-0. Suddenly they are unacceptable, one was actually written by Mitch MCConnell, is he some great leader of the Democrats now?

Gelston
01-09-2019, 05:55 PM
Odd Dems passed the bills the GOP sent over from the senate before the new year, with zero changes. They passed in the Senate 100-0. Suddenly they are unacceptable, one was actually written by Mitch MCConnell, is he some great leader of the Democrats now?

Odd dems voted for walls before but now they all of a suddenly consider them immoral and a waste of money.

Androidpk
01-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Trump should have accepted DACA protections back when Dems offered money for a wall. Now he's an impotent POTUS with zero political capital and the wolves are closing in. Stable genius my ass :lol:

~Rocktar~
01-09-2019, 08:34 PM

So you have never negotiated anything of value in your life, have you?

Parkbandit
01-09-2019, 10:35 PM
Just watched the address and the Democrat response.

One question: WTF was the Democrats thinking, putting Chuck and Nancy out in front of the camera like that? Holy fuck...

https://www.vipscandals.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/video-images.vice_.com1547054059710-CAN-29d36fd69f06c1387aad2e2faf9662c22ad0b0bf-780x405.jpeg

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/77/70/07/16744909/5/core_promo.jpg

https://mediadc.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/0fd470a/2147483647/strip/true/crop/1060x557+0+22/resize/1200x630!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn.com%2F2d% 2F6c%2Fdc6489114053b1160900eb67d582%2Fscreenshot-2019-01-08-23.05.33.png

Ososis
01-09-2019, 10:42 PM

One question: WTF was the Democrats thinking, putting Chuck and Nancy out in front of the camera like that? Holy fuck...

I didn't see any need to watch the response. I didn't feel Trump's 8 minute shit smear required any additional unpacking. I did find it interesting that more people tuned into the response than the actual speech.

ETA: Holy shit, Trump got worse ratings than a Pelosi. This may be it guys, a reason for impeachment the GOP can support! (Get it, cause its stupid and not based in reality or legal precedent? Fuck, I'm funny)

SHAFT
01-10-2019, 01:14 AM

https://www.vipscandals.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/video-images.vice_.com1547054059710-CAN-29d36fd69f06c1387aad2e2faf9662c22ad0b0bf-780x405.jpeg

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/77/70/07/16744909/5/core_promo.jpg

https://mediadc.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/0fd470a/2147483647/strip/true/crop/1060x557+0+22/resize/1200x630!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn.com%2F2d% 2F6c%2Fdc6489114053b1160900eb67d582%2Fscreenshot-2019-01-08-23.05.33.png

First time I've ever agreed with you...

Wrathbringer
01-10-2019, 02:33 AM
I didn't see any need to watch the response. I didn't feel Trump's 8 minute shit smear required any additional unpacking. I did find it interesting that more people tuned into the response than the actual speech.

ETA: Holy shit, Trump got worse ratings than a Pelosi. This may be it guys, a reason for impeachment the GOP can support! (Get it, cause its stupid and not based in reality or legal precedent? Fuck, I'm funny)

You're retarded.

Neveragain
01-10-2019, 04:48 AM
Trump walking out on Chuck and Nancy, wish I could have been there to see it.

https://i.gifer.com/Idea.gif

Parkbandit
01-10-2019, 08:30 AM

Which is why you are right only a tiny fraction of the time.

You're welcome.

Archigeek
01-10-2019, 09:16 AM

About my second or third time. Think of it this way: all the politicians who are more closely impacted by this, who could speak of its direct impact, and who could use the political capital they would get by issuing the rebuttal, and they pick to old politicians who don't fit either category. They could have gone with a representative from a border district for example, or maybe someone about 3 decades younger?

Also, LOL at Ardwen not knowing anything about negotiating.

ClydeR
01-10-2019, 09:27 AM
Today the message is that the public supports the wall and the shutdown. Support begets support. The only way to be popular is to be perceived as popular.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwjdjd3UwAEdFb5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/U1vsKRh.jpg

In case you didn't know, Parscale is Trump's first 2020 campaign manager.

Methais
01-10-2019, 09:30 AM
Today the message is that the public supports the wall and the shutdown. Support begets support. The only way to be popular is to be perceived as popular.

Shut up ClydeRetard

Wrathbringer
01-10-2019, 10:01 AM

You're stupid.

Methais
01-10-2019, 10:04 AM
You're stupid.

This is correct.

Androidpk
01-10-2019, 12:11 PM
President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2019_02/2710976/190110-border-wall-steel-prototype-nbc-news-exclusive_a94294e20f94de9e58b58be2f7e5f48d.fit-2000w.jpg

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/test-steel-prototype-border-wall-showed-it-could-be-sawed-n956856

kutter
01-10-2019, 04:25 PM
President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2019_02/2710976/190110-border-wall-steel-prototype-nbc-news-exclusive_a94294e20f94de9e58b58be2f7e5f48d.fit-2000w.jpg

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/test-steel-prototype-border-wall-showed-it-could-be-sawed-n956856

You seriously bite on anything they feed you don't you?

Ok, reality check: 1. Of all of the barriers cut in that photo, only the bottom right one could have been done by a saw, all of the other cuts were made by a torch or exothermic cutting outfit.
2. The agents were told to use 'common industrial tools'. I would wager a shit ton of money, they used a gasoline powered rescue saw, something I am pretty sure migrants cannot readily get their hands and even then it
would likely take at least 20-30 minutes and attract a lot of attention.

So unless you have one of these hanging around, then the barrier works.

When I see asinine stories like I this, I want to ask, 'then you must not bother locking the doors to your house right? I mean people can just bust down the door to get in.'

No barrier is perfect, it is one tool in the bag to accomplish the goal, but it is a tool, and it does serve as a deterrent.

Methais
01-10-2019, 04:30 PM

Ok, reality check: 1. Of all of the barriers cut in that photo, only the bottom right one could have been done by a saw, all of the other cuts were made by a torch or exothermic cutting outfit.
2. The agents were told to use 'common industrial tools'. I would wager a shit ton of money, they used a gasoline powered rescue saw, something I am pretty sure migrants cannot readily get their hands and even then it

When I see asinine stories like I this, I want to ask, 'then you must not bother locking the doors to your house right? I mean people can just bust down the door to get in.'

No barrier is perfect, it is one tool in the bag to accomplish the goal, but it is a tool, and it does serve as a deterrent.

Even if a plain skillsaw from Lowe's would work, where the fuck are they gonna plug it in?

Seizer
01-10-2019, 04:37 PM
Even if a plain skillsaw from Lowe's would work, where the fuck are they gonna plug it in?
They’ll bring a Honda generator with them or use lithium ion DeWalt tools.

I could see the cartel thinking up some shit like that but yeah run of the mill border jumper not so much.

Astray
01-10-2019, 04:37 PM
I can't even imagine taking a regular skilsaw to that and not absolutely ruining every blade in a pack of 3 in seconds. Plus, please point me to the nearest outlet in the middle of the desert.

Androidpk
01-10-2019, 04:41 PM

Right, because the coyotes smuggling humans and drug smuggling cartel members don't have access to power tools which they'd be able to use.

Astray
01-10-2019, 04:47 PM
Right, because the coyotes smuggling humans and drug smuggling cartel members don't have access to power tools which they'd be able to use.

Smuggling requires secrecy and taking a generator out into the desert at night (when Border patrol is most active), hooking it up to a saw and spending unknown amounts of time cutting through steel.

Pinpointing that is going to be piss easy.

Gelston
01-10-2019, 05:16 PM

Do you have any fucking idea how loud that would be? Grow a brain.

A lot of people seem to think the idea is to build a wall and forget it. No, it is part of comprehensive security measures.

Astray
01-10-2019, 05:23 PM

The shower of sparks, bro. You could see that bitch for miles.

Wrathbringer
01-10-2019, 05:23 PM

A lot of people seem to think the idea is to build a wall and forget it. No, it is part of comprehensive security measures.

You, like our president, are trying to deal with butthurt political point scorers. Can't be done. They will stop at nothing to make sure trump doesn't deliver on his signature campaign promise. With all the winning Trump has done in his first 2 years, they've got nothing left to cling to but this.

Stumplicker
01-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Come on. It's so clear. Nobody has ever been stopped by a wall since the technology to beat them was blueprinted in 1991.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK8tyQZVfcc

Back
01-10-2019, 05:39 PM
You, like our president, are trying to deal with butthurt political point scorers. Can't be done. They will stop at nothing to make sure trump doesn't deliver on his signature campaign promise. With all the winning Trump has done in his first 2 years, they've got nothing left to cling to but this.

:lol::lol::lol:

Methais
01-10-2019, 05:54 PM

Know what they won’t have access to though?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41CX1DLO9AL.jpg

Gelston
01-10-2019, 05:55 PM
Know what they won’t have access to though?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41CX1DLO9AL.jpg

They'll obviously have miles of daisy chained extension cords.

Methais
01-10-2019, 05:56 PM

I assumed that once the wall was done, we would move 100% of our border agents to North Dakota to protect us from Canadians.

IS THIS NOT THE CASE?!?!?!?!

Methais
01-10-2019, 05:57 PM
They’re gonna turn these things to swiss cheese. In a year there will be 1,000 holes exactly like these made up and down this so-called border wall.

You only need a couple holes for hundreds to get in every hour or so, by the time they patch that hole another 5 holes will pop up somewhere else. This all just turns into some fucked up border whack-a-mole is all.

What are they going to use? Battery powered tools that last like 37 seconds before needing a 4 hour recharge?

Archigeek
01-10-2019, 06:56 PM

You call it a rescue saw, I call it a "gas powered angle grinder" or a "cut off saw" found on almost any commercial construction site. 15 minutes to make that hole. Reinforced concrete tilt panels would be the way to go, if you were fucking dumb enough to wall off our entire southern border to begin with. Steel is a poor choice.

Gelston
01-10-2019, 07:01 PM
You call it a rescue saw, I call it a "gas powered angle grinder" or a "cut off saw" found on almost any commercial construction site. 15 minutes to make that hole. Reinforced concrete tilt panels would be the way to go, if you were fucking dumb enough to wall off our entire southern border to begin with. Steel is a poor choice.

You seem to also think that we are just building a wall and calling it done with. Again, it is part of a series of measures. If you are busy cutting a a steel slatl, the sensors are going to pick it up, sounds carries insanely far at night, guess who is there now? It is a significant slow down instead of people just running in.

Gelston
01-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Acetylene torches are pretty quiet.

Also lulz thinking you can patrol all 1500 miles of border. Stop trying to think this is some movie or some crap where they detect this through “sensors and shit”, it’s fucking hard as fuck hence why almost 100,000 people on average get through without getting caught.

They have sensors that alert them and they respond. The wall will help with that exact number you mentioned. It will slow down/impede illegal entry allowing them to respond. You aren't very smart are you.

Archigeek
01-10-2019, 08:18 PM
You seem to also think that we are just building a wall and calling it done with. Again, it is part of a series of measures. If you are busy cutting a a steel slatl, the sensors are going to pick it up, sounds carries insanely far at night, guess who is there now? It is a significant slow down instead of people just running in.

Whatever. You now have a wall with a hole in it, that you have to repair. It's a maintenance nightmare. 28 years of industrial building design experience says I'm right and you're wrong.

Gelston
01-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Whatever. You now have a wall with a hole in it, that you have to repair. It's a maintenance nightmare. 28 years of industrial building design experience says I'm right and you're wrong.

I highly doubt any of your 29 years of architecture experience involves designing mullti-tier border security systems.

I mean, decades upon decades of experience from actual border patrol agents disagree with you. You can toss around your building experience all you want, but you have 0 experience in border protection and security. When you have every President, and VP or the Border PAtrol council saying this is needed, when you have the former head of the border patrol that was an Obama appointee and was fired by Trump agreeing with Trump on the wall issue... Yeah...

And on the plus side, it creates jobs. Why are you against job creation?

Gelston
01-10-2019, 08:26 PM
Seriously, without a wall, wide open areas. Sensors are getting them, but they are over a wide area. A wall causes them the be channelized. Instead of being able to come in over a 5 mile area they have holes they have to squeeze through, which, btw, the sensors picked them up as they started making them so there are already Agents on the way.

Wrathbringer
01-10-2019, 08:32 PM

You're retarded.

Seran
01-10-2019, 09:54 PM
You're retarded.

High minded debate there. You must have went to college.

Gelston
01-10-2019, 09:56 PM

That would be the way UC Berkeley students debate, so maybe.

Archigeek
01-10-2019, 10:39 PM
I highly doubt any of your 29 years of architecture experience involves designing mullti-tier border security systems.

I mean, decades upon decades of experience from actual border patrol agents disagree with you. You can toss around your building experience all you want, but you have 0 experience in border protection and security. When you have every President, and VP or the Border PAtrol council saying this is needed, when you have the former head of the border patrol that was an Obama appointee and was fired by Trump agreeing with Trump on the wall issue... Yeah...

And on the plus side, it creates jobs. Why are you against job creation?

I'm saying steel is a poor choice. The same thing the people who tested it said. You still have a wall with a hole in it.

Gelston
01-10-2019, 10:44 PM
I'm saying steel is a poor choice. The same thing the people who tested it said. You still have a wall with a hole in it.

And I was never arguing that it was the best choice. It isn't what Trump wants either. He is trying to make a deal. I'm saying the wall doesn't exist in and of itself to stop people from getting in. It is one of several things made to impede.

RichardCranium
01-10-2019, 10:48 PM

*gone

Ardwen
01-11-2019, 03:58 AM
The steel system failed, but so did every single prototype they tested. The actual numbers are a nightmare, he is asking 5.7 billion for 255 miles of wall/fence the actual cost for all of it becomes north of 35 billion based on unwalled sections, an that is just the materials. Add in things like labor and paying for the land, I assume you intend to pay, you need to add in another 60 plus billion dollars. Or maybe you think 255 miles is all they need, those amazing better then ICE or the olice vehicles the migrants suddenly have can only get to that tine portion of the border.

Wrathbringer
01-11-2019, 05:32 AM
The steel system failed, but so did every single prototype they tested. The actual numbers are a nightmare, he is asking 5.7 billion for 255 miles of wall/fence the actual cost for all of it becomes north of 35 billion based on unwalled sections, an that is just the materials. Add in things like labor and paying for the land, I assume you intend to pay, you need to add in another 60 plus billion dollars. Or maybe you think 255 miles is all they need, those amazing better then ICE or the olice vehicles the migrants suddenly have can only get to that tine portion of the border.

The experts on the ground say we need it. Besides that, it pays for itself, unlike your free college, universal health care, guaranteed income, etc. You're just still butthurt over losing the election in 2016. Also, the last sentence made no sense. Are you having a stroke or just retarded?

Fortybox
01-11-2019, 08:23 AM

I love how you’re all of a sudden concerned about money now.

~Rocktar~
01-11-2019, 09:13 AM
Mexico pays in 3 ways. First, they keep more of their own people who are not in the US sending money home to Mexico. That is a major drain on the US economy AND at one point amounted to almost half their economy so significantly reducing this is a boost to our economy. Second, they have to pay to support their own people who are not crossing into the US illegally to get jobs, now Mexico has to support their families and not US this is a substantial savings in spend on social services. Lastly, with a less porous border, the US can expect to deport people and have them stay deported a lot more so we spend less on law enforcement on them which is a substantial cost savings. And as a bonus, with less of them in the workforce, wages rise generating more tax money, we see a downward pressure on insurance costs due to uninsured illegals which increases people's discretionary income and overall crime drops by the amount caused by illegals when we get them out of the country.

Your idiot concerns about money are a distraction when you want to send foreign aid to everyone under the sun and want to give everyone free healthcare, college and a basic income. In the long run, if we spent 100 billion on a massive infrastructure project, created a ton of jobs and cut the strain on social services, then it would pay for it's self in just a few years in cost savings as we catch and deport people and the numbers of illegals actually drops.

Stumplicker
01-11-2019, 09:27 AM
I don't often agree mostly with a full one of your posts, Rocktar, but I'll go ahead and agree with that one. And as an additional commentary...I do find it kind of laughable that largely the same people screaming for socialized healthcare and free college are the ones flailing their arms and going "FIFTY BILLIONS?! Money doesn't grow on trees! Are you insane?!", like their programs wouldn't be many, many times that expensive, every single year.

Stumplicker
01-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Did you know 18% of our entire domestic US economy rests on the shoulders of illegal workers?

Cite your source for this, because just eyeballing it, I'm gonna go ahead and say that number is bonkers and you're wrong.

Wrathbringer
01-11-2019, 09:41 AM
Mexico pays in 3 ways. First, they keep more of their own people who are not in the US sending money home to Mexico. That is a major drain on the US economy AND at one point amounted to almost half their economy so significantly reducing this is a boost to our economy. Second, they have to pay to support their own people who are not crossing into the US illegally to get jobs, now Mexico has to support their families and not US this is a substantial savings in spend on social services. Lastly, with a less porous border, the US can expect to deport people and have them stay deported a lot more so we spend less on law enforcement on them which is a substantial cost savings. And as a bonus, with less of them in the workforce, wages rise generating more tax money, we see a downward pressure on insurance costs due to uninsured illegals which increases people's discretionary income and overall crime drops by the amount caused by illegals when we get them out of the country.

Your idiot concerns about money are a distraction when you want to send foreign aid to everyone under the sun and want to give everyone free healthcare, college and a basic income. In the long run, if we spent 100 billion on a massive infrastructure project, created a ton of jobs and cut the strain on social services, then it would pay for it's self in just a few years in cost savings as we catch and deport people and the numbers of illegals actually drops.

This is correct, unfortunatly, it's not really about money for the democraps. That's an excuse. They just don't want trump getting the wall he promised and america voted for because it would be yet another win for Trump going into 2020. Also, don't forget all the benefits of illegal aliens not being here to use up our public resources like hospital emergency rooms, food banks, etc. A barrier pays for itself quickly and then offers continuing dividends/savings from then on just by existing. It's an investment, and a good one.

ClydeR
01-11-2019, 09:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwmQFLTUcAA6IZW.jpg

Wrathbringer
01-11-2019, 09:42 AM
I don't often agree mostly with a full one of your posts, Rocktar, but I'll go ahead and agree with that one. And as an additional commentary...I do find it kind of laughable that largely the same people screaming for socialized healthcare and free college are the ones flailing their arms and going "FIFTY BILLIONS?! Money doesn't grow on trees! Are you insane?!", like their programs wouldn't be many, many times that expensive, every single year.

Exactly. The hypocrisy of the left is real, but again, they don't really think it's too expensive or that it won't be effective. They just don't want trump delivering on a campaign promise.

RichardCranium
01-11-2019, 09:53 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwmQFLTUcAA6IZW.jpg

What the fuck.

That will get some air time.

Gelston
01-11-2019, 09:55 AM
What the fuck.

That will get some air time.

He is talking about fentanyl.

Wrathbringer
01-11-2019, 09:58 AM

Hopefully there's a tweet before this one with that context and clyderetard just chose that one, because that's not clear from just the one tweet clyderetard just posted.

RichardCranium
01-11-2019, 09:58 AM

It'll still get a lot of play.

Androidpk
01-11-2019, 10:57 AM
The real reason for the sudden "crisis".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwo9p9WX4AA_25c.jpg

Methais
01-11-2019, 11:03 AM
That would be the way UC Berkeley students debate, so maybe.

No, they just scream autistically.

Methais
01-11-2019, 11:33 AM
Hopefully there's a tweet before this one with that context and clyderetard just chose that one, because that's not clear from just the one tweet clyderetard just posted.

Pretty sure they meant to put "We lose 300 Americans per week to fentanyl overdoses..."

Methais
01-11-2019, 11:35 AM
It'll still get a lot of play.

REAL NEWS

RichardCranium
01-11-2019, 02:36 PM
REAL NEWS

Backtraced.

Methais
01-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Backtraced.

https://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/d1/b4/d1b44c_792781.jpg

Amerek
01-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Just because your boob tube didn't tell you that women were getting raped and children were being trafficked through the Southern border doesn't mean that it wasn't happening and wasn't a crisis before you heard about it. Trump deserves a lot of credit for calling attention to the situation (i.e., calling it a crisis).

There are *so* many important issues that aren't raised by our politicians or media pundits. For instance, why isn't anyone talking about the inflation we're experiencing? If you "read the numbers" (i.e. the publications put out by the media and government), everything is super duper fine and dandy, but that doesn't change that food is more expensive than it has ever been or that very few of my contemporaries actually own the house they live in. Another one: we have entire political parties around the globe (including democrats with their PC culture) ADVOCATING for censorship to protect "muh feelings". I consider these crises as well, but that opinion isn't exactly popular or the focus of the media.

Astray
01-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Another one: we have entire political parties around the globe (including democrats with their PC culture) ADVOCATING for censorship to protect "muh feelings".

If you're busy fighting thought crimes in a 1st world country, you don't have to acknowledge the actual crimes against humanity anywhere else. Because it all starts with a thought.

Androidpk
01-11-2019, 09:03 PM
The Air Traffic Controller's union is suing the Trump administration :lol:

Gelston
01-11-2019, 09:06 PM
The Air Traffic Controller's union is suing the Trump administration :lol:

Well that is retarded. They should be suing Congress too. Trump hasn't even veto'd any bills as of yet.

Androidpk
01-11-2019, 09:09 PM
Trump verbally stated that he would take 100% of the blame for the shutdown.

Gelston
01-11-2019, 09:10 PM

And? People can take blame but not actually be the reason.

Androidpk
01-11-2019, 09:14 PM
Oh, and Trump rejected a compromise presented by Republicans, what a loser. If he really wants to make the wall his Alamo then I'm okay with that.

Methais
01-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Oh, and Trump rejected a compromise presented by Republicans, what a loser. If he really wants to make the wall his Alamo then I'm okay with that.

You’re such a dumb loser and your estrogen levels won’t stop rising.

Fortybox
01-12-2019, 12:19 PM

When will you take the blame for being a 100% couch loser?

Methais
01-12-2019, 01:13 PM
When will you take the blame for being a 100% couch loser?

NO THAT WAS DIETHX'S FAULT FOR MASTURBATING TOO LOUDLY

Astray
01-12-2019, 01:17 PM

The sound of that masturbation is also Trumps fault.

Fortybox
01-12-2019, 01:21 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUA7bcUzBNSLC8Zy3C/giphy.gif

Astray
01-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Southwestern Border Sheriff's Coalition released a statement regarding security at the border.

Methais
01-12-2019, 03:04 PM
Southwestern Border Sheriff's Coalition released a statement regarding security at the border.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/giphy.gif

Astray
01-12-2019, 03:09 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/giphy.gif

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/2019/01/11/sheriffs-coalition-releases-statement-about-border-security-immigration/

Methais
01-12-2019, 03:38 PM
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/2019/01/11/sheriffs-coalition-releases-statement-about-border-security-immigration/

tHeY muSt WaTcH aLl In ThE fAmIlY!!!!!!!!!

kutter
01-12-2019, 03:45 PM

I wonder do all of the liberals that refuse to listen to the professionals at the boarder still use doctors? I mean what would a doctor know, they can simply look up their ailments and treat them in their own echo chamber on the internet.

Astray
01-12-2019, 03:54 PM
Ignorance is not strictly a liberal issue.

Parkbandit
01-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Ignorance is not strictly a liberal issue.

True.. but they also have raging stupidity coupled with the ignorance that makes them so laughable.

Methais
01-12-2019, 04:36 PM
True.. but they also have raging stupidity coupled with the ignorance that makes them so laughable.

This is correct.

Gelston
01-12-2019, 06:45 PM
I wonder do all of the liberals that refuse to listen to the professionals at the boarder still use doctors? I mean what would a doctor know, they can simply look up their ailments and treat them in their own echo chamber on the internet.

They use essential oils. But no, the worst part, they'll listen to their own politicians, who they assume are getting this information from intelligent sources. People speaking otherwise are partisan hacks.

ClydeR
01-15-2019, 10:07 AM
The Trump administration now estimates that the cost of the government shutdown will be twice as steep as originally forecast.

The original estimate that the partial shutdown would subtract 0.1 percentage point from growth every two weeks has now been doubled to a 0.1 percentage point subtraction every week, according to an official who asked not to be named.

The administration had initially counted just the impact from the 800,000 federal workers not receiving their paychecks. But they now believe the impact doubles, due to greater losses from private contractors also out of work and other government spending and functions that won’t occur.

More... (https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/source-white-house-believes-shutdown-will-be-twice-as-costly.html)

The article says that estimates from economists are about half of the new government estimate. In other words, economists think the effect is 0.1% every other week. Either way, it is bad for the economy. Something or somebody will have to break soon.

Neveragain
01-15-2019, 10:17 AM
The article says that estimates from economists are about half of the new government estimate. In other words, economists think the effect is 0.1% every other week. Either way, it is bad for the economy. Something or somebody will have to break soon.

This becomes a broken glass fallacy if the taxes aren't collected that are used to pay for these non-essential government scabs.