PDA

View Full Version : Mattis retiring as SecDef, Feb 2019

Gelston
12-20-2018, 05:45 PM
Mattis is stepping down in February.

In his resignation letter, obtained by ABC News, Mattis said the president has a right to a defense secretary "whose views are better aligned with yours" on how the U.S. treats its allies and nations, such as Russia and China that want to shape the world "with their authoritarian model."

I wonder if the Syria withdrawal was a last straw sorta thing.

Either that, Mattis runs in 2020, I'll vote for him. I don't care if he runs as a straight up Communist (he never would).

Androidpk
12-20-2018, 07:24 PM
He's resigning over Trump's BS Syria maneuver.

Androidpk
12-20-2018, 07:28 PM
His resignation letter - https://twitter.com/cjf39/status/1075882205866409985

Astray
12-20-2018, 07:38 PM
I will vote for Mattis in a quarter of a heartbeat.

Androidpk
12-20-2018, 07:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/CXbAAmf.png

Taernath
12-20-2018, 07:59 PM
He was one of the few sane people in the administration.

Gelston
12-20-2018, 08:25 PM
I think Syria was just one thing in a long line of things. It is known that Trump regularly keeps people out of the loop of his decisions. People that should know. I think Syria was just the dealbreaker.

Androidpk
12-20-2018, 08:37 PM
Whatever the reason my respect for Mattis just got even higher. Most polite "fuck you, I'm quitting" letter ever.

Tgo01
12-20-2018, 08:43 PM
Whatever the reason my respect for Mattis just got even higher. Most polite "fuck you, I'm quitting" letter ever.

I'm sure he can retire happy now knowing he has earned your respect.

Wrathbringer
12-20-2018, 08:55 PM

You're retarded.

Androidpk
12-20-2018, 09:04 PM
I'm sure he can retire happy now knowing he has earned your respect.

eat a dick

Nephelem
12-20-2018, 09:10 PM
The timing of ditching the Kurds, plus the rumors of extraditing Gulen to Turkey makes me think this is all the political payoff required by Turkey to lay off Saudi Arabia.

Androidpk
12-20-2018, 09:39 PM
The timing of ditching the Kurds, plus the rumors of extraditing Gulen to Turkey makes me think this is all the political payoff required by Turkey to lay off Saudi Arabia.

Which means that once again he's prioritizing his own personal financial gains over US national security.

Ardwen
12-20-2018, 09:47 PM
He spoke to Turkey who said it was going to attack the Kurds in Syria where our troops are and the Israelis who told him not to withdraw right before announcing it. And now is starting an Afghan withdrawal as well.

Tgo01
12-20-2018, 09:56 PM
I love watching Democrats turn into war hawks when it's a Republican bringing troops home.

Gelston
12-20-2018, 10:00 PM
I never thought we should have gone to Syria in the first place, but since we did, I think we need to finish it. Obama started it by pussy-footing in there and making red lines that he kept moving. Trump got strong as fuck on it. Now I guess he is pleased with it. It is premature to withdrawal (the very small amount of) troops we have there.

Tgo01
12-20-2018, 10:02 PM
I never thought we should have gone to Syria in the first place, but since we did, I think we need to finish it. Obama started it by pussy-footing in there and making red lines that he kept moving. Trump got strong as fuck on it. Now I guess he is pleased with it. It is premature to withdrawal (the very small amount of) troops we have there.

What more needs to be done though? I thought we went in there with the goal of wiping out ISIS, not overthrowing the government.

Taernath
12-20-2018, 10:06 PM
I never thought we should have gone to Syria in the first place

Pretty much.

It is premature to withdrawal (the very small amount of) troops we have there.

There will never be an 'optimal' time to withdraw in these countries.

Gelston
12-20-2018, 10:10 PM
What more needs to be done though? I thought we went in there with the goal of wiping out ISIS, not overthrowing the government.

One of the things the US has always suffered from is what is known as mission growth. Our being there was more than defeating ISIS, it was also about protecting the Kurds. This will be the second time, damn near the third time, we've just left them out high and dry in under 30 years. I doubt they'll be as helpful to us in the future.

Also, ISIS isn't defeated. Trump himself said it wasn't. We basically did surgery to remove cancer and left some in there. They are going to have new recruiting propaganda.

"We are the next caliphate. We had to suffer for years, but we made it through and now we can grow stronger. We outlasted the US. Russia and Syria can't stop us."

~Rocktar~
12-20-2018, 10:15 PM
eat a dick

Stop be a homophobic slur slinging scumbag you scumbag.

Tgo01
12-20-2018, 10:27 PM
One of the things the US has always suffered from is what is known as mission growth. Our being there was more than defeating ISIS, it was also about protecting the Kurds. This will be the second time, damn near the third time, we've just left them out high and dry in under 30 years. I doubt they'll be as helpful to us in the future.

Also, ISIS isn't defeated. Trump himself said it wasn't. We basically did surgery to remove cancer and left some in there. They are going to have new recruiting propaganda.

"We are the next caliphate. We had to suffer for years, but we made it through and now we can grow stronger. We outlasted the US. Russia and Syria can't stop us."

I don't think we're ever really going to wipe out ISIS for good, unless a new and bigger terrorist group comes along and takes over. I don't think we should stay out of Syria altogether; help out with humanitarian missions, help arm the good guys (well good guys according to us), stuff like that.

Androidpk
12-20-2018, 10:27 PM
Stop be a homophobic slur slinging scumbag you scumbag.

Stop being Trump's cock sucking butt boy.

Gelston
12-20-2018, 10:42 PM
I don't think we're ever really going to wipe out ISIS for good, unless a new and bigger terrorist group comes along and takes over. I don't think we should stay out of Syria altogether; help out with humanitarian missions, help arm the good guys (well good guys according to us), stuff like that.

No point in "arming the good guys". We end up arming the bad guys that way. Unless we are on the ground, we shouldn't arm anyone.

~Rocktar~
12-20-2018, 10:46 PM

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0383/3989/products/OrangeManBad-GreyShirt_1024x1024.png

Tgo01
12-20-2018, 10:49 PM
No point in "arming the good guys". We end up arming the bad guys that way. Unless we are on the ground, we shouldn't arm anyone.

Wouldn't the arms go to the bad guys anyways when we leave if that is the case? What would the ultimate goal in Syria be then?

Gelston
12-20-2018, 11:19 PM
Wouldn't the arms go to the bad guys anyways when we leave if that is the case? What would the ultimate goal in Syria be then?

I'd like to think complete annihilation of ISIS would be good, not leaving an estimated 20,000 left standing to recruit and rebuild.

We basically armed ISIS when we left Iraq. All that crap we gave to the Iraqis? It all went to ISIS when they conquered large swaths of territory. No, we can't arm people unless we stay to make sure they don't just give it all up.

Gelston
12-20-2018, 11:33 PM
And the Kurds are possibly releasing 3200 ISIS prisoners now that we are leaving.

Wrathbringer
12-21-2018, 07:39 AM
I'd like to think complete annihilation of ISIS would be good, not leaving an estimated 20,000 left standing to recruit and rebuild.

We basically armed ISIS when we left Iraq. All that crap we gave to the Iraqis? It all went to ISIS when they conquered large swaths of territory. No, we can't arm people unless we stay to make sure they don't just give it all up.

Can't completely annihilate isis any more than we could alqaeda. They're just cockroaches the world has to deal with every so often. I blame religion.

Androidpk
12-21-2018, 09:10 AM
Syria is complicated though, the Isis story is the excuse the actual behind the scenes reason is the 4-way proxy war between Russia, the U.S.,Iran, and Turkey. I’m pro getting the troops out but this should be done carefully, not spur of the moment, how do our European allies react to all this? logistically and otherwise and most of their leadership gone for Christmas.

I have to side with Mattis on this one.

Agreed. I never wanted US troops there to begin with but to just pull out spontaneously without consulting your national security advisor, secretary of defense, or participating allies is just a recipe for a complete disaster. Pulls troops out of there and Afghanistan, yes, but do it responsibly.

Androidpk
12-21-2018, 09:42 AM
“The kind of leadership that causes a dedicated patriot like Jim Mattis to leave should give pause to every American.” - Ret. Gen. Stanley McChrystal

Wrathbringer
12-21-2018, 09:45 AM
“The kind of leadership that causes a dedicated patriot like Jim Mattis to leave should give pause to every American.” - Ret. Gen. Stanley McChrystal

subpoena subpoena

Androidpk
12-21-2018, 11:22 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du5pJrDW0AcEsvF.jpg

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/12/defense-secretary-james-mattis-leaving-trump-administration/569746/

Parkbandit
12-21-2018, 01:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du5pJrDW0AcEsvF.jpg

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/12/defense-secretary-james-mattis-leaving-trump-administration/569746/

I just spoke with someone who knows you in real life.. but they spoke to me on the condition of anonymity and they confirmed you are a gigantic piece of lazy, deadbeat shit.

Androidpk
12-21-2018, 01:37 PM
I just spoke with someone who knows you in real life.. but they spoke to me on the condition of anonymity and they confirmed you are a gigantic piece of lazy, deadbeat shit.

Irony :lol:

Methais
12-21-2018, 01:46 PM
eat a dick

Go listen to women masturbate and be like

https://media.giphy.com/media/JoePLWxLD7cGc/giphy.gif

Stop being time4fun's extreme dildo durability tester.

Wrathbringer
12-21-2018, 01:53 PM

Stop being time4fun's extreme dildo durability tester.

:lol:

RichardCranium
12-21-2018, 02:36 PM
So who replaces him? Jim Webb? Ollie North?

Methais
12-21-2018, 02:41 PM

Eugene Tackleberry.

Gelston
12-21-2018, 02:42 PM
ClydeR

Androidpk
12-21-2018, 02:52 PM

North is too busy with the ongoing NRA/Russia scandal.

Gelston
12-21-2018, 03:04 PM
Looks like Blackwater is looking at replacing all the troops pulling out of Afghanistan, turning it into a full private war. Something Mattis was heavily against.

Gelston
12-21-2018, 03:06 PM
https://scontent.fmem1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48390176_2173834742668315_3700861512374550528_n.jp g?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeEaZQCcfHBZzDoSRKhzVvPImQWxDGWQwvohoQHkE UpTQdXtZ7acV_rnc1Z_-YVCzbYpRZ0h7sz7vyxZSrYuj05RjXcKeoCkdrpbl0BYgnchmg&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-2.fna&oh=3d5e5d754a986a15c0346544fb348e2c&oe=5CD84CB9

Androidpk
12-21-2018, 03:31 PM
Looks like Blackwater is looking at replacing all the troops pulling out of Afghanistan, turning it into a full private war. Something Mattis was heavily against.

They can fuck off. Privatizing wars is not a good idea.

Gelston
12-21-2018, 03:31 PM
They can fuck off. Privatizing wars is not a good idea.

It is probably happening. Shit, I'll go join Blackwater if they have openings. Amount of guys they'll need, should be pretty sweet.

Androidpk
12-21-2018, 03:56 PM
A few years in there I heard you can come out a millionaire if you survive that is.

Met a guy that was contracted just to travel around the different bases in the Middle East just to DJ, $100k+ a year.

Wrathbringer
12-21-2018, 03:57 PM
Met a guy that was contracted just to travel around the different bases in the Middle East just to DJ, $100k+ a year.

Right like anyone believes you. :lol:

Gelston
12-21-2018, 04:04 PM
Right like anyone believes you. :lol:

100k is the low end. I ran into dudes making that for 6 month contracts. It depends on what you do, but even people contracting for NATO doing Warehouse Manager job in Kabul were pulling 130k euros a year.

Taernath
12-21-2018, 04:13 PM
It is probably happening. Shit, I'll go join Blackwater if they have openings. Amount of guys they'll need, should be pretty sweet.

Join Triple Canopy and work with the African gate guards.

Gelston
12-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Join Triple Canopy and work with the African gate guards.

All the Rwandans named Christopher and Donald.

Parkbandit
12-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Irony :lol:

So.. you don't know what the word means.

Fantastic as usual.

Some Rogue
12-21-2018, 05:15 PM

What if the "woman" was this thing?
https://media.tenor.com/images/c32f5649c3fd971207c73f0952aca336/tenor.png

Parkbandit
12-21-2018, 07:12 PM
What if the "woman" was this thing?
https://media.tenor.com/images/c32f5649c3fd971207c73f0952aca336/tenor.png

If I was down on my luck, living on her couch because I had absolutely nothing going for me in my life.. and I heard her masturbating.. I wouldn't complain about it to people I don't know on a text based roleplaying forum.

Tgo01
12-21-2018, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't complain about it to people I don't know on a text based roleplaying forum.

Androidpk couldn't even be a decent human being and say "No don't worry, I never heard you masturbate." Instead he had to try and embarrass her and say "Yeah I could hear you masturbate and it was disgusting" like the piece of shit that he is.

Androidpk
12-21-2018, 08:53 PM
When you're so triggered by Individual 1's pending downfall you gotta resort to trolling to cope ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tgo01
12-21-2018, 08:54 PM
I thought this was interesting. This is a map of Syria and which faction controls what territory.

Red = Syrian government
Yellow = Kurds
Green = Rebels
Grey = ISIS

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuzAbt8WkAIbUbN.jpg

Can't see the grey? Let's see if this helps:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuzAclYWsAUEKns.jpg

Maybe ISIS isn't 100% totally defeated, but they might as well be. I think even Al Qaeda is still kicking around in some fashion.

Gelston
12-21-2018, 09:03 PM
I thought this was interesting. This is a map of Syria and which faction controls what territory.

Red = Syrian government
Yellow = Kurds
Green = Rebels
Grey = ISIS

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuzAbt8WkAIbUbN.jpg

Can't see the grey? Let's see if this helps:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuzAclYWsAUEKns.jpg

Maybe ISIS isn't 100% totally defeated, but they might as well be. I think even Al Qaeda is still kicking around in some fashion.

That little gray area is 20,000 fighters. The Kurds are planning to release the over 3,000 they captured because they can't take care of them without us being there. The recruitment value of us leaving is fucking incredible for them.

And now that Turkey will probably also start hitting the Kurds, they will be easy pickings for ISIS.

Astray
12-21-2018, 09:08 PM

Al Qaeda are still around and last I remember is they were growing stronger in response to ISIS hate.

Gelston
12-21-2018, 09:16 PM
Al Qaeda are still around and last I remember is they were growing stronger in response to ISIS hate.

Al Qaeda is global, we weren't going to completely destroy them in Afghanistan.

Parkbandit
12-21-2018, 09:34 PM
When you're so triggered by Individual 1's pending downfall you gotta resort to trolling to cope ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When you're so triggered by a female masturbating you gotta resort to trolling to cope ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Androidpk
12-23-2018, 05:28 PM
So much for February. Trump is starting the year with a shutdown, an acting attorney general, an acting chief of staff, and an acting secretary of defense.

Tgo01
12-23-2018, 05:31 PM
So much for February. Trump is starting the year with a shutdown, an acting attorney general, an acting chief of staff, and an acting secretary of defense.

It's only fair, you're acting as a human being.

~Rocktar~
12-23-2018, 05:36 PM
It's only fair, you're acting as a human being.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tgo01 again.

Androidpk
12-24-2018, 04:00 PM
I wonder what Ukraine is feeling about all of this.

~Rocktar~
12-24-2018, 08:09 PM

Pretty sure they are pissed as hell that they could not get slipped into NATO under Obama's watch because reasons. Also likely mad at Obama for letting them get invaded and all.

Androidpk
12-24-2018, 08:51 PM
Pretty sure they are pissed as hell that they could not get slipped into NATO under Obama's watch because reasons. Also likely mad at Obama for letting them get invaded and all.

Countries do not just "slip" into NATO. There are rules and procedures that take time.

~Rocktar~
12-24-2018, 09:30 PM
Countries do not just "slip" into NATO. There are rules and procedures that take time.

They also have a treaty that says you have to pay your fair share but no one has given a shit about that for decades while the US has been financing the European Defense.

~Rocktar~
12-24-2018, 10:01 PM
for a dam good reason Fucktar for a damn good reason.

Are you the new soywolff or who?

I didn't argue the reason, just that the deadbeat, uppity Europeans should be paying their treaty agreed upon amounts, period.

~Rocktar~
12-24-2018, 10:30 PM
They can pay nothing and we should be grateful. The US is not a charitable organization we’re not over there spending 100’s of Billions of dollars because we like Oktoberfest or French chicks, there’s a complicated reasoning behind it that goes way beyond the scope of Gemstone forums. Hint: It’s not because of that glorified gas station Russia (although that’s the excuse).

Keep drinking that Flint water.

Neveragain
12-25-2018, 10:16 AM

Who cares?

Washington dedicates a large part of his farewell address to discussing foreign relations and the dangers of permanent alliances between the United States and foreign nations, which he views as foreign entanglements.[7] This issue dominated national politics during the French Revolutionary Wars between France and Britain. Federalists favored Britain and the Jeffersonian Republicans favored France. The Republicans wanted the U.S. to honor the 1778 Treaty of Alliance and to aid France, while the Federalists favored an alliance with Britain. Washington had avoided American involvement in the conflict by issuing the Proclamation of Neutrality, which in turn led to the Neutrality Act of 1794. He tries to further explain his approach to foreign policy and alliances in this portion of the address.

Washington advocates a policy of good faith and justice towards all nations, again making reference to proper behavior based upon religious doctrine and morality. He urges the American people to avoid long-term friendly relations or rivalries with any nation, arguing that attachments with or animosity toward other nations will only cloud the government's judgment in its foreign policy. He argues that longstanding poor relations will only lead to unnecessary wars due to a tendency to blow minor offenses out of proportion when committed by nations viewed as enemies of the United States. He continues this argument by claiming that alliances are likely to draw the United States into wars which have no justification and no benefit to the country beyond simply defending the favored nation. Alliances, he warns, often lead to poor relations with nations who feel that they are not being treated as well as America's allies, and threaten to influence the American government into making decisions based upon the will of their allies instead of the will of the American people.

Washington makes an extended reference to the dangers of foreign nations who will seek to influence the American people and government; nations who may be considered friendly as well as nations considered enemies will equally try to influence the government to do their will. "Real patriots", he warns, who "resist the intrigues" of foreign nations may find themselves "suspected and odious" in the eyes of others, yet he urges the people to stand firm against such influences all the same. He portrays those who attempt to further such foreign interests as becoming the "tools and dupes" of those nations, stealing the applause and praise of their country away from the "real patriots" while actually working to "surrender" American interests to foreign nations. Washington had experience with foreign interference in 1793 when French ambassador Edmond-Charles Genêt organized American demonstrations in support of France, funded soldiers to attack Spanish lands, and commissioned privateers to seize British ships. Genêt's mobilization of supporters to sway American opinion in favor of an alliance with France angered President Washington who ordered him to leave.

Washington goes on to urge the American people to take advantage of their isolated position in the world, and to avoid attachments and entanglements in foreign affairs, especially those of Europe, which he argues have little or nothing to do with the interests of America. He argues that it makes no sense for the American people to become embroiled in European affairs when their isolated position and unity allow them to remain neutral and focus on their own affairs. He argues that the country should avoid permanent alliances with all foreign nations, although temporary alliances during times of extreme danger may be necessary. He states that current treaties should be honored but not extended.

Washington wraps up his foreign policy stance by advocating free trade with all nations, arguing that trade links should be established naturally and the role of the government should be limited to ensuring stable trade, defending the rights of American merchants, and any provisions necessary to ensure the conventional rules of trade.

sellstuff1
12-27-2018, 07:08 PM

Kill yourself, retard.

Androidpk
12-31-2018, 03:37 PM
Defense Secretary Jim Mattis sent a farewell message to all Department of Defense employees on Monday, instructing them to "keep the faith in our country and hold fast" at such a difficult time.

Mattis will transfer authority of the Department of Defense to his deputy Patrick Shanahan later this evening just before midnight. He resigned in protest over President Donald Trump's foreign policy views, which sharply diverged from his own, as he made clear in his resignation letter.

In his farewell, Mattis quoted a telegram from President Abraham Lincoln to Gen. Ulysses S. Grant sent during the Civil War, in which he said, "let nothing which is transpiring, change, hinder, or delay your military movements, or plans."

Androidpk
01-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Bo!ton is saying the Syria withdrawal isn't happening now unless Turkey agrees not to attack the Kurds.

Tgo01
01-06-2019, 10:53 AM
LOL.

+He doesn’t attend the briefings.

+He’s too lazy to read a condensed (specifically for him) 1 page daily report.

+He spent more time golfing up to now then George W and Obama combined in their entire presidency.

+Blew all of daddy’s money on failed businesses.

+Worth (probably) less than 50 million net. Too ashamed to release tax returns to verify.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ac46f35effc866c37b60b6251a96e342/tenor.gif

I guess it is possible to top Androidpk's level of butthurt. Good job, sellstuff1.

Astray
01-06-2019, 11:08 AM
I guess it is possible to top Androidpk's level of butthurt. Good job, sellstuff1.

Sellstuff/Praetor got triggered so hard they immediately stopped pretending to be an alt.

Taernath
01-06-2019, 11:56 AM
I thought Praetor was macguyver.

Astray
01-06-2019, 12:19 PM
I thought Praetor was macguyver.

I'm thinking it's all the same loser.

Gelston
01-06-2019, 12:29 PM
I'm thinking it's all the same loser.

I would hate to think there is more than one poor idiot on this Earth that likes to waste their life trolling the politics section of a message board created for a 30 year old text based game but who knows.?

Taernath
01-06-2019, 12:53 PM
I would hate to think there is more than one poor idiot on this Earth that likes to waste their life trolling the politics section of a message board created for a 30 year old text based game but who knows.?

I'm afraid I have some bad news.

Gelston
01-06-2019, 01:08 PM

You are Macguyver?

Taernath
01-06-2019, 01:10 PM
You are Macguyver?

We are all macguyver based on that definition.

Gelston
01-06-2019, 01:11 PM
We are all macguyver based on that definition.

Reported to Kranar

RichardCranium
01-06-2019, 02:01 PM
Confirmed Gelston is a statist.

Gelston
01-06-2019, 02:04 PM
Confirmed Gelston is a statist.

Only when I'm the State.

RichardCranium
01-06-2019, 02:05 PM
That's fair.

Androidpk
01-06-2019, 03:23 PM

Mcgyver is wrathbringer.

Wrathbringer
01-06-2019, 04:04 PM
I'm a piece of female masturbation hating shit.

yep

Wrathbringer
01-06-2019, 04:05 PM

:lol:

Methais
01-07-2019, 09:32 AM
I jerk off in my own mouth.

Gross.

Androidpk
01-16-2019, 01:03 PM
Sen. Lindsey Graham essentially laid the deaths of the unknown number of U.S. soldiers killed in a suicide bombing in Manbij, Syria, on Wednesday at the feet of President Donald Trump during a hearing on Capitol Hill, Bloomberg News reports.