PDA

View Full Version : Trump: "Take the guns away first, go through due process second"

Taernath
03-01-2018, 09:38 AM
So, this is interesting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/28/trump-says-take-guns-first-and-worry-due-process-second-white-house-gun-meeting/381145002/

WASHINGTON — President Trump said Wednesday he favors taking guns away from people who might commit violence before going through legal due process in the courts, one of many startling comments he made in a rambling White House meeting designed to hash out school safety legislation with a bipartisan group of lawmakers.

"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

Trump also said some of his fellow Republicans were "petrified" of the NRA, called on lawmakers to produce a “comprehensive” gun bill, and squelched prospects for a GOP-backed concealed carry proposal as part of a broader gun package.

"We must harden our schools against attack," Trump said while also calling for other steps to end the "senseless violence" that has claimed lives in classrooms, nightclubs and workplaces across the country.

I don't think Obama or Clinton would have ever have dreamed of saying that.

Wrathbringer
03-01-2018, 09:42 AM
So, this is interesting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/28/trump-says-take-guns-first-and-worry-due-process-second-white-house-gun-meeting/381145002/

I don't think Obama or Clinton would have ever have dreamed of saying that.

Yeah, this is well, retarded. Take the guns away first? What?

Gelston
03-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Trump is playing to the people that were on the line and fell left last election. He wants reelection and he knows that Republicans aren't going to vote for whoever the fuck the Dems put up.

Personally, I think the "taking guns first" approach is a violation of the Constitution, but that is just me. I don't know, maybe we have a precrimes division coming, starring Tom Cruise.

Taernath
03-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Trump is playing to the people that were on the line and fell left last election. He wants reelection and he knows that Republicans aren't going to vote for whoever the fuck the Dems put up.

Personally, I think the "taking guns first" approach is a violation of the Constitution, but that is just me. I don't know, maybe we have a precrimes division coming, starring Tom Cruise.

I don't think left-leaning centrists would be swayed by talk about confiscating guns without due process, especially in light of the other stuff he's been doing. Shit I'm pretty far left and in favor of more gun control but not what he's saying.

RichardCranium
03-01-2018, 10:44 AM
I don't think left-leaning centrists would be swayed by talk about confiscating guns without due process, especially in light of the other stuff he's been doing. Shit I'm pretty far left and in favor of more gun control but not what he's saying.

I doubt too many on the left are in favor of what he's actually saying, but he's a highly functioning narcissistic retard so I doubt too many people are listening anymore.

cwolff
03-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Fuck, if Obama said this they'd freak the fuck out. We Just 8 years of "Obama's coming to take your guns"

Gelston
03-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Fuck, if Obama said this they'd freak the fuck out. We Just 8 years of "Obama's coming to take your guns"

I don't know who this "they" is supposed to be, but people are "freak(ing) the fuck out".

Fortunately, many people aren't single issue voters.

cwolff
03-01-2018, 11:32 AM
I don't know who this "they" is supposed to be, but people are "freak(ing) the fuck out".

Fortunately, many people aren't single issue voters.

I haven't seen much freaking out. The only person in my circle outside PC who's been talking about it is hardcore libertarian. By they, I mean the cocksuckers who voted for trump, but you knew that. You're just parsing language because you know I was right and can't admit it

Methais
03-01-2018, 11:35 AM
By they, I mean the cocksuckers who voted for trump, but you knew that.

But I thought more gay people voted for Hillary than Trump?

Homophobe.

Reported.

@Tsa`ah

Gelston
03-01-2018, 11:47 AM
I haven't seen much freaking out. The only person in my circle outside PC who's been talking about it is hardcore libertarian. By they, I mean the cocksuckers who voted for trump, but you knew that. You're just parsing language because you know I was right and can't admit it

Then your circle is full of nothing but a circle jerk of liberals. Plenty of my friends are pissed about it. Several of my FB groups won't shut the fuck up about it.

But hey, if you don't see it, then it obviously isn't happening.

Androidpk
03-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Pro 2a people are getting banned en masse over on /r/the_donald

https://i.imgur.com/0U3uCiy.jpg

cwolff
03-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Then your circle is full of nothing but a circle jerk of liberals. Plenty of my friends are pissed about it. Several of my FB groups won't shut the fuck up about it.

Pretty bitter there gelston. You should have known going in that trump has no convictions or values. He's malleable like Atlantic city salt water taffy

Wrathbringer
03-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Pretty bitter there gelston. You should have known going in that trump has no convictions or values. He's malleable like Atlantic city salt water taffy

lol @ your rep

Methais
03-01-2018, 01:17 PM
lol @ your rep

This is correct.

cwolff
03-01-2018, 01:56 PM
The man's a bitch. I know people like this, constantly have them at work; high maintenence, wahhhh daddy fix it plzzz! people who have no ideals , nothing they stand for, just make people closest to him happy. But enough about Wrathshitter, I hope Trump sticks to his guns (no pun intended).

The thing about trump is that he has no guns to stick to. It politically better to take guns, he takes them. Better to be strong 2a advocate, he's strong in 2a.

Methais
03-01-2018, 03:15 PM
The man's a bitch. I know people like this, constantly have them at work; high maintenence, wahhhh daddy fix it plzzz! people who have no ideals , nothing they stand for, just make people closest to him happy. But enough about Wrathshitter, I hope Trump sticks to his guns (no pun intended).

Hey, you can't talk about me like that!

EDIT: oh yeah him, I thought you were talking about be before I finished reading the post. Go about your business.... of paying me money for nothing.

Does anyone know the name of this mental condition? Surely there’s a name for it.

RichardCranium
03-01-2018, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know the name of this mental condition? Surely there’s a name for it.

Inspired.

Methais
03-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Inspired.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/hlysht.gif

Gelston
03-01-2018, 06:38 PM

So, no actual response.

cwolff
03-01-2018, 06:56 PM
So, no actual response.

I didn't realize you said something requiring response. Let me review

cwolff
03-01-2018, 06:57 PM

You want a response to this one?

Gelston
03-01-2018, 07:13 PM
I thought you had a modicum of intelligence. It is obvious to me now that I was mistaken. Carry on.

cwolff
03-01-2018, 07:15 PM
I thought you had a modicum of intelligence. It is obvious to me now that I was mistaken. Carry on.

You guys are like high drama chicks. Expecting a man to read your mind

drauz
03-01-2018, 09:48 PM

All real men can read minds...

Methais
03-02-2018, 08:48 AM

It's probably a side effect of whoever first came up with quoting a post on a forum not expecting someone as monumentally retarded as you to show up and not understand the concept.

Geijon
07-19-2020, 10:45 PM
Sorry you got torched by Wrathbringer.

Methais
07-20-2020, 09:13 AM
Geijon is off his meds again.

RichardCranium
07-20-2020, 10:14 AM
I doubt too many on the left are in favor of what he's actually saying, but he's a highly functioning narcissistic retard so I doubt too many people are listening anymore.

Fuck was I ever wrong about this. Everyone is still hanging on his every word.

Is Geijon cwolff?

~Rocktar~
07-20-2020, 11:06 AM

Is Geijon cwolff?

Could be though seems slightly more restrained. Only Kranar knows if he cared to look.

Methais
07-20-2020, 03:46 PM

Is Geijon cwolff?

Too much mental illness for Geijon to be cwolff.

Cwolff is just a big pussy, but pretty sure little to no mental illness other than TDS.

Bhaalizmo
07-20-2020, 04:31 PM

I kinda thought that for a minute too. It seemed reasonable.