PDA

View Full Version : The Wedding

ClydeR
12-26-2017, 06:16 PM
This could be the end of our relationship with the country that several presidents have called our closest ally.

The British government is reportedly concerned that President Donald Trump will be offended if he is not invited to Harry and Meghan’s wedding and former President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama are.

More... (http://people.com/royals/the-u-k-government-reportedly-doesnt-want-prince-harry-to-invite-the-obamas-to-his-wedding-because-of-trump/)

However, it’s not just that Trump likely won’t be invited to the wedding and the Obamas will. Nearly a year into office, and Trump has yet to make a state visit to the United Kingdom and meet the Queen. Originally, he was set to visit the U.K. for a full state visit, including a meeting with the Queen, in late 2017.

But the visit was pushed to 2018 in July and later dropped to a “working trip” that would not contain a meeting with the monarch. And after Trump retweeted anti-Muslim videos from a British far-right group, Britain First. Members of parliament on both sides of the aisle, including Prime Minister Theresa May condemned the videos and Trump’s tweeting of them. Some members of Parliament even called to cancel the visit altogether, according to the New York Times.

Neveragain
12-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Who cares what the biggest welfare family in the world thinks.

ClydeR
12-26-2017, 06:41 PM

That doesn't even make sense. Trump is not on welfare. He's getting some big tax breaks next year, but that's not the same as welfare.

Neveragain
12-26-2017, 06:46 PM
That doesn't even make sense. Trump is not on welfare. He's getting some big tax breaks next year, but that's not the same as welfare.

I was talking about the Royal family but I'm really really stoned right now.

beldar17
12-26-2017, 06:57 PM
they do seem to do nothing and get paid a fuck ton....

Neveragain
12-26-2017, 07:06 PM
they do seem to do nothing and get paid a fuck ton....

The way it has been explained to me is that the state owns it all now and sustains the upkeep on all the shit. The family itself makes money through "copyrights" and such. It's actually probably a good investment for the peoples money though, that wedding will make tons of money for local business's and such.

~Rocktar~
12-26-2017, 09:17 PM
He likely will be offended, he should be offended and the UK should get the absolute fuck over it, Trump won, they have had far worse people there for state visits and no one batted an eye or made a peep. We get it, the country as a whole is a bunch of spineless, virtue signaling leftists and those who are not are too scared to tell the Left to fuck off. Seriously, look how May the conceder/appeaser has dawdled on Brexit and how they fawn over Sadiq Khan who Kan't get his city cleaned up and crime at least moderately under control.

If you want to have a state wedding and don't want to have state guests, then you really need to consider just eloping and going to the local magistrate. Of course, for them it's virtue signaling over substance all the way.

Winter
12-27-2017, 07:28 AM

Trump's behaviour is considered extremely vulgar by British standards it's one the main reasons why the public both left and right don't like him here and it's also why it's very unlikely he'll ever get the red carpet treatment from the palace. He's basically put the government in a very awkward position, they have to work with the United States but it would also be political suicide for them to condone Trump's behaviour, just too much of the electorate don't like him.

Neveragain
12-27-2017, 07:37 AM
Trump's behaviour is considered extremely vulgar by British standards it's one the main reasons why the public both left and right don't like him here and it's also why it's very unlikely he'll ever get the red carpet treatment from the palace. He's basically put the government in a very awkward position, they have to work with the United States but it would also be political suicide for them to condone Trump's behaviour, just too much of the electorate don't like him.

Like I said, who cares what they think. This is just more media making something out of nothing. How soon the mob forgets how terrible the royal family is.

https://funkymonkey.lol/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/01/sun_harry_130105.jpg

P.S. Brits are some of the most vulgar people you will ever have the pleasure of meeting.

Winter
12-27-2017, 07:44 AM
Like I said, who cares what they think.[/IMG]

The British public, it's extremely important for the Royal family that their actions reflect public opinion.

audioserf
12-27-2017, 07:50 AM
The British Royal Family are a joke. Figureheads with no actual power. They're the Kardashians of England. I still laugh that the whole country closes down for the weddings. I guess I should have called out of work when Kim and Yeezy got hitched.

Winter
12-27-2017, 08:16 AM
They're the Kardashians of England.

They're part of our cultural identity, I wouldn't expect you to understand unless you've brought up here. I suppose you could equate them to porridge, if you've not been brought up on it then what's the point.

Neveragain
12-27-2017, 08:17 AM
The British public, it's extremely important for the Royal family that their actions reflect public opinion.

Fuck the British public, the fact that they still allow that family to pilfer their pockets is their own problem.

The media player that is the God King Trump will masterfully turn a dis-invite into a sideshow circus that will only make GB and the Royal family look stupid. Kind of like the $285 million slap in the face the UN got.

Neveragain
12-27-2017, 08:22 AM
They're part of our cultural identity, I wouldn't expect you to understand unless you've brought up here. I suppose you could equate them to porridge, if you've not been brought up on it then what's the point.

Don't you find it sad that the british people want to continue to identify with a family that plagued humanity with tyranny for centuries.

I mean if you're going to grab them by the pussy, it's best to be classy and keep it in the family.

Neveragain
12-27-2017, 08:58 AM
You can make the exact same arguement against ALL the founding fathers, none of them were saints by any stretch, and coincidentally all of them were culturally British and had sworn loyalty to the Crown.. until of course it became unprofitable to do so.

I'm almost sure that is the point I'm making, I thought that was pretty obvious when I posted the picture of Prince Harry in his NAZI costume. Brits need to get over themselves, they have already been a part of creating 2 world wars in a centuries time. Sit down.

Neveragain
12-27-2017, 09:26 AM
Oh I'm not arguing the fact that the British have the blood of countless millions on their hands from here to Sudan to India to Australia. I'm just stating that it's not much different here in the US.

In all honesty, what does GB bring to the table for humanity? Nothing, every resource they are dependent upon has been stolen from other lands throughout history. That Island could sink into the Atlantic and the world would not miss her.

ClydeR
12-27-2017, 11:32 AM
When Obama visited the queen, he drove up her driveway in a bulletproof limousine. Trump doesn't roll that way. Trump prefers a more modest and traditional approach in a gold-plated horse drawn carriage, but the British don't seem very accommodating, which is why Trump canceled his visit planned for October.

Donald Trump waving from the Queen’s royal carriage is not a scenario many would have foreseen a year ago, but it has become a very real prospect, forcing security services to plan an unprecedented lockdown.

The White House has made clear it regards the carriage procession down the Mall as an essential element of the itinerary for the visit currently planned for the second week of October, according to officials.

Security sources have warned, however, that the procession will require a “monster” security operation, far greater than for any recent state visit.

More... (https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/trump-demands-gold-plated-welcome-xjnffdq32)

ClydeR
12-27-2017, 11:34 AM
I suppose you could equate them to porridge, if you've not been brought up on it then what's the point.

None of us what porridge is.

Jhynnifer
12-27-2017, 11:49 AM
I salute GB for putting their foot down and saying "We don't want that shitstick at our formal functions." It's like inviting that one fourth cousin, twice removed, to your wedding. You know all he's going to do is offend your great aunt Mildred, piss in the driveway, drink all the booze and pass out in the chocolate fountain. You're betting off saving yourself the headache and embarrassment.

Also, Rocktar.... just because Trump got elected doesn't mean the rest of the world has to "get over it" and suddenly open their arms to him. Especially given the kind of bullshit shenanigans he's caused in places like Scotland. Choices have consequences and the rest of the world shunning the US because we chose an oompa-loompa for president with little tact, no morals and an itchy-tweeting finger is exactly what we deserve.

Gelston
12-27-2017, 12:02 PM
No, it is like not inviting your wealthy uncle that mostly protected you from the Soviets for 50 years.

I consider it utter contempt for the US if they do not invite him. He is the singular person who represents the country, love him or not.

ClydeR
12-27-2017, 12:12 PM
I'm sending Trump my invitation if I get one. He can use it to crash.

Methais
12-27-2017, 12:23 PM
They're part of our cultural identity

Not for long at the rate they're going over there.

kutter
12-27-2017, 12:37 PM
I salute GB for putting their foot down and saying "We don't want that shitstick at our formal functions." It's like inviting that one fourth cousin, twice removed, to your wedding. You know all he's going to do is offend your great aunt Mildred, piss in the driveway, drink all the booze and pass out in the chocolate fountain. You're betting off saving yourself the headache and embarrassment.

Also, Rocktar.... just because Trump got elected doesn't mean the rest of the world has to "get over it" and suddenly open their arms to him. Especially given the kind of bullshit shenanigans he's caused in places like Scotland. Choices have consequences and the rest of the world shunning the US because we chose an oompa-loompa for president with little tact, no morals and an itchy-tweeting finger is exactly what we deserve.

Sorry, but this is a silly analogy. This is not about inviting a family member. This is politics, good, bad, indifferent. When it comes to politics governments do a lot of things that a family would not do because it is the proper thing to do.

But it likely does not matter in this case since the British government is going to say this is not a state function and that Harry and his fiance get to invite who they want. Having said that, if they invite the Obamas and not the Trumps it will have a profound impact on relations, which are already not great, between the two countries.

I have to wonder though with the recent elections in GB with Brexit and the Conservative (a relative term for them) being back in power, if the English people are more right leaning than the government, not unlike here in the US and so a visit by Trump would be welcomed by the people if not the power brokers.

Taernath
12-27-2017, 12:50 PM
If he gets sulky enough, Trump will just tweet that 'he didn't want to go anyway and would turn down an invitation', so it'll be win/win.

Latrinsorm
12-27-2017, 03:19 PM
No, it is like not inviting your wealthy uncle that mostly protected you from the Soviets for 50 years.I understand your confusion, but they ARE inviting Obama, who before he killed bin Laden with his bare hands went mano a mano for many rounds with Uncle Joe, and we all know who walked away from that one. Notably, Barack did so at the same time the current President was struggling with a crippling case of affluenza.
Sorry, but this is a silly analogy. This is not about inviting a family member. This is politics, good, bad, indifferent. When it comes to politics governments do a lot of things that a family would not do because it is the proper thing to do.

But it likely does not matter in this case since the British government is going to say this is not a state function and that Harry and his fiance get to invite who they want. Having said that, if they invite the Obamas and not the Trumps it will have a profound impact on relations, which are already not great, between the two countries.

I have to wonder though with the recent elections in GB with Brexit and the Conservative (a relative term for them) being back in power, if the English people are more right leaning than the government, not unlike here in the US and so a visit by Trump would be welcomed by the people if not the power brokers.One of the quirks of parliamentary systems is that they don't have regularly scheduled elections, and it so happens that the 2015 election you're referring to (when the Conservatives did in fact become a majority government) has already been undone by the 2017 election, where the Conservatives were reduced to a plurality. Another notable change between the two elections was that the significantly more right leaning UK Independence Party went from 13% of the vote to 2%.

Another key point is that like in the United States, not every right leaning person (power broker or otherwise) is a fan of the President. Polls I can find from June of this year (http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/u-s-image-suffers-as-publics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/) show that the United Kingdom overall has only 22% confidence in Trump - surely more than 22% of the country is right leaning.

Latrinsorm
12-27-2017, 03:21 PM
If he gets sulky enough, Trump will just tweet that 'he didn't want to go anyway and would turn down an invitation', so it'll be win/win.Can't wait to see Princess Kate's "u bum" tweet.

Gelston
12-27-2017, 05:29 PM
I Barack Obama currently the head of State, Latrin? No. He isn't. He isn't even in Government. I know, you'd like to forget that there was an election and he has been replaced, but stay with the times.

Parkbandit
12-27-2017, 05:35 PM
Threaten to withdraw all financial support. I bet they change their tune.

Honestly, I don't give a fuck. It's a wedding for a family that, for centuries, has plundered the British people for their own gain. That the citizens STILL hold this family in such high regard still makes them all absolute idiots.

President Trump is the President of the United States. The American people have elected him into that position.. he wasn't born into it.

Latrinsorm
12-27-2017, 07:50 PM
I Barack Obama currently the head of State, Latrin? No. He isn't. He isn't even in Government. I know, you'd like to forget that there was an election and he has been replaced, but stay with the times.I'd like you to count to ten. You're clearly so angry that you're not seeing clearly.

All set? Good, let's take it from the top.

I said Barack Obama personally killed Joe Stalin, protecting "[the United Kingdom] from the Soviets for 50 years."
I then said that the current President was suffering from affluenza at the time.
This necessarily means that I said the current President is someone else.
Which means that I said Barack Obama is not the President.

I trust this exercise has cleared it up for you. Happy to help! :)

Neveragain
12-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Especially given the kind of bullshit shenanigans he's caused in places like Scotland.

Ah yes, how could we ever forget when the Scotts faced off against Trump and the Russians at Stirling. Terrible times indeed for the British peoples.

Gelston
12-27-2017, 07:59 PM
I'd like you to count to ten. You're clearly so angry that you're not seeing clearly.

All set? Good, let's take it from the top.

I said Barack Obama personally killed Joe Stalin, protecting "[the United Kingdom] from the Soviets for 50 years."
I then said that the current President was suffering from affluenza at the time.
This necessarily means that I said the current President is someone else.
Which means that I said Barack Obama is not the President.

I trust this exercise has cleared it up for you. Happy to help! :)

I don't see where you are getting that I am angry. The President of the United States is the Head of State. They are not inviting our head of state. You decided to derp derp derp Barack Obama. He isn't relevant.

Methais
12-27-2017, 08:04 PM
I Barack Obama currently the head of State, Latrin? No. He isn't. He isn't even in Government. I know, you'd like to forget that there was an election and he has been replaced, but stay with the times.

Give Latrin a break. He just recently found out that bread doesn't come with the crust already peeled off of it and hasn't been handling it well.

Neveragain
12-27-2017, 08:28 PM
If he gets sulky enough, Trump will just tweet that 'he didn't want to go anyway and would turn down an invitation', so it'll be win/win.

TheRealDonaldTrump: With all the latest accusations of sexual misconduct, I thought it best to not find myself associating with a family that has a history of incest and declarations of prima nocta.

Methais
12-28-2017, 03:06 PM
TheRealDonaldTrump: With all the latest accusations of sexual misconduct, I thought it best to not find myself associating with a family that has a history of incest and declarations of prima nocta.

Imagine the triggering this would cause. It might rival the great triggering from election night. Especially if he asked them to state which part of his statement was false and they're like

https://i.imgur.com/PEkBoao.gif

Shut up Latrin.

AnOrdim
12-28-2017, 03:18 PM
Its the entirely made up Prima Nocta. What is it with the alt right and their obsession with being cucked?

Methais
12-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Its the entirely made up Prima Nocta. What is it with the alt right and their obsession with being cucked?

Oh yeah how do you explain this Prima Noctis then?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/17/49/ea/1749eac556a7a50da809908e9409dae0.jpg

Wrathbringer
12-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Oh yeah how do you explain this Prima Noctis then?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/17/49/ea/1749eac556a7a50da809908e9409dae0.jpg

are those japanese fags?

AnOrdim
12-28-2017, 03:38 PM
Uh, thats clearly a primal nocturnal emission about to happen
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDeQOpNh3S3w7BXZ_EMDy8WYLxX79wY Ce2iO-kWsZ9wXnAD9mS

AnOrdim
12-28-2017, 03:38 PM
are those japanese fags?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tlMAAOSwEK9UEydH/s-l400.jpg

~Rocktar~
12-28-2017, 09:50 PM

Actually, it kinda does since he is the head of state of the US. They are just pissed because he isn't a sycophantic Marxist apologist with no spine and willing to orally pleasure their respective sex organs. We have paid for the free world's defense, shouldered the brunt of disaster relief around the world, and funded tons of infrastructure, humanitarian and other projects around the world. All the while our own infrastructure is crumbling yet we are still the most generous country in the world by total money given. Now that we are choosing to not kiss their asses, bow and scrape to their Marxist whims and even start closing the American pocket book, they want to cry buffalo tears and act all uppity.

When Europe and the EU collapse, I imagine they will be calling to the US for help. Again.

https://youtu.be/oJ_okAgAUGE

Neveragain
12-28-2017, 10:40 PM
Imagine the triggering this would cause. It might rival the great triggering from election night. Especially if he asked them to state which part of his statement was false and they're like

https://i.imgur.com/PEkBoao.gif

Shut up Latrin.

I honestly do give the current queen credit, she's had to deal with a lot of shit she had no control over. From what I understand of her she will make the right choice, invite the president and first lady, treat them as the closest ally GB has and bite her tongue. This is the choice a wise queen or king would make and she's one of the few women of the world that's still sane.

Methais
12-29-2017, 04:15 PM
I honestly do give the current queen credit, she's had to deal with a lot of shit she had no control over. From what I understand of her she will make the right choice, invite the president and first lady, treat them as the closest ally GB has and bite her tongue. This is the choice a wise queen or king would make and she's one of the few women of the world that's still sane.

As long as she does this, I don't care what else happens:

http://i.imgur.com/akTbBbZ.gif

Neveragain
12-29-2017, 06:51 PM

https://youtu.be/P5GlYRE7VGo?t=163

Methais
12-29-2017, 08:01 PM
https://youtu.be/P5GlYRE7VGo?t=163

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9kNleS2q00

ClydeR
01-14-2018, 07:48 PM
International incident on the horizon..

Donald Trump's name is not on the guestlist for the Royal Wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle , it's emerged.

And in what will be seen as a tremendous snub to the notoriously-sensitive US President, it looks tonight as if it will stay that way.

A Royal Household source said: “Although the guest list hasn’t yet been announced, there is no reason he would be invited.”

More... (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/donald-trumps-name-is-not-11843534)

ClydeR
05-18-2018, 10:46 AM
It's starting early tomorrow morning, around tweet time in the U.S., and Trump still hasn't received an invitation.

Wrathbringer
05-18-2018, 10:50 AM
It's starting early tomorrow morning, around tweet time in the U.S., and Trump still hasn't received an invitation.

No one cares.

Taernath
05-18-2018, 12:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/OcE5CKZ.jpg

Fortybox
05-18-2018, 01:28 PM

Trump has better things to do than go to this. Most of us have better things to do than watch this.

cwolff
05-18-2018, 01:40 PM
Trump has better things to do than go to this. Most of us have better things to do than watch this.

Holy shit. Are you defending his honor because he didn't get an invite? Hahaha Please tell me this is a joke.

Btw: you know it chaps his ass not to get invited.

RichardCranium
05-18-2018, 02:36 PM
I honestly had no idea who Meghan Markle was until a couple of weeks ago.

Gelston
05-18-2018, 03:13 PM
I honestly had no idea who Meghan Markle was until a couple of weeks ago.

Was she supposed to be a famous person prior to all this?

RichardCranium
05-18-2018, 03:18 PM
Was she supposed to be a famous person prior to all this?

At least as long as this thread has been going. Which was last year.

Gelston
05-18-2018, 03:23 PM
At least as long as this thread has been going. Which was last year.

That has been since the "all this" has been happening though. I heard of her when it was announced... I actually thought that wedding already happened and there was a different wedding now. All those inbreeds look the same to me.

Parkbandit
05-18-2018, 08:55 PM
She was on the show "Suits" on USA.. that's how I knew who she was.

Still don't care though.

Gelston
05-19-2018, 02:14 AM
She was on the show "Suits" on USA.. that's how I knew who she was.

Still don't care though.

I've never even heard of that show.

Androidpk
05-19-2018, 11:34 AM
She did a commercial for Tostitos way back before Suits.

Methais
05-19-2018, 12:14 PM
https://scontent.fbtr1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/33041347_10156101598202535_5745727409441734656_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5e9529a32153bd5b0a3e764226b8bcbd&oe=5B96C711

I'm pretty sure Akeem's necklace is made of various cheese wedges in gold wrappers.

Gelston
05-19-2018, 12:42 PM
Is this the last one we're going to have until the next generation?

Methais
05-19-2018, 01:38 PM
Is this the last one we're going to have until the next generation?

That depends on how old Akeem and Lisa's kids are.

ClydeR
05-20-2018, 02:19 PM
First, they refused to give Trump a ride in a gold plated carriage like he requested. Then they didn't invite him to The Wedding. And now the BBC tweeted this. I'm starting to wonder about our closest ally.

https://i.imgur.com/IxkVf2W.jpg
https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/997791204724084736 (https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/997791204724084736)

Wrathbringer
05-20-2018, 02:26 PM
No one cares.

Methais
05-20-2018, 04:39 PM
Go shave your legs Latrin.