PDA

View Full Version : Trump Develops Pitch to Market Tax Reforms

ClydeR
05-11-2017, 10:05 AM
President Trump, who everybody acknowledges is a master of marketing, has come up with a brand new pitch to market the Republican tax plan. It's very clever and will probably persuade a lot of people.

The interviewer's words are in blue . The rest is Trump.

But beyond that it’s OK if the tax plan increases the deficit?
It is OK, because it won’t increase it for long. You may have two years where you’ll…you understand the expression “prime the pump”?

Yes.
We have to prime the pump.

It’s very Keynesian.
We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?

Priming the pump?
Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.
Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just…I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.

It’s…
Yeah, what you have to do is you have to put something in before you can get something out.

More... (http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript)

cwolff
05-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Hahaha, that's hilarious. Hes like a sitcom but scary

hello
05-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Hahaha, that's hilarious. Hes like a sitcom but scary

The man's first question when the Pentagon was explaining the nuclear football to him was, "so, why can't we just fire first?"

WAY beyond scary at this point.

Parkbandit
05-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Scary? Some days I feel like I'm the only one not hiding under my bed..

Trump is an egomaniac and an overall idiot.. but he's still better than the alternative we were offered. Don't like Trump? Blame the DNC for rigging the election for a flawed candidate who allowed someone like Trump to win.

Parkbandit
05-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Also Russia..................................