PDA

View Full Version : Trumpcare -- Better Than Obamacare

ClydeR
01-16-2017, 07:51 PM
“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.” People covered under the law “can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better.”

Republican leaders have said that they will not strand people who gained insurance under the ACA without coverage. But it remains unclear from either Trump’s comments in the interview or recent remarks by GOP leaders on Capitol Hill how they intend to accomplish that.

More... (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-vows-insurance-for-everybody-in-obamacare-replacement-plan/2017/01/15/5f2b1e18-db5d-11e6-ad42-f3375f271c9c_story.html)

Trump said his plan for replacing most aspects of Obama’s health-care law is all but finished. Although he was coy about its details — “lower numbers, much lower deductibles” — he said he is ready to unveil it alongside Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

“It’s very much formulated down to the final strokes. We haven’t put it in quite yet but we’re going to be doing it soon,” Trump said. He noted that he is waiting for his nominee for secretary of health and human services, Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.), to be confirmed. That decision rests with the Senate Finance Committee, which hasn’t scheduled a hearing.

I like Trump's plant much better than Obamacare. Trumpcare will have insurance for everybody at a lower cost with lower deductibles. It's what Obama should have done.

drauz
01-16-2017, 07:54 PM
I like Trump's plant much better than Obamacare. Trumpcare will have insurance for everybody at a lower cost with lower deductibles. It's what Obama should have done.

Well what kind of plant is it?! We talking lillies? Roses? The people have a right to know!

~Rocktar~
01-16-2017, 08:43 PM
Well what kind of plant is it?! We talking lillies? Roses? The people have a right to know!

Lilacs.

RichardCranium
01-16-2017, 08:58 PM
I bet it's begonias.

Ardwen
01-16-2017, 09:00 PM
its a mix of poppies and coca

Warriorbird
01-16-2017, 11:48 PM
If Trump legalized drugs to help pay for healthcare I'd actually be pretty down for it.

everan
01-17-2017, 04:06 PM
If Trump legalized drugs to help pay for healthcare I'd actually be pretty down for it.

And it would produce a budget surplus.

ClydeR
02-06-2017, 10:40 AM
President Donald Trump said the process for coming up with a replacement for the Affordable Care Act could stretch into 2018, a longer time frame than he previously indicated.

Trump’s comments came in an interview with Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly that aired on Sunday during the Super Bowl pregame show. O’Reilly asked the president whether he would introduce a health plan this year to replace Obamacare, which Trump has long vowed to quickly repeal as one of his top priorities.

“Maybe it’ll take till some time into next year, but we are certainly going to be in the process,” Trump said in the interview. “I would like to say by the end of the year, at least the rudiments, but we should have something within the year and the following year.”

More... (https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-05/trump-says-obamacare-replacement-could-take-until-next-year)

I don't understand that. Just a few days ago, as I quoted in the first post in this thread, Trump said his replacement plan was "down to the final strokes" and he was just waiting to announce it until the Senate confirms Tom Price as HHS Secretary.

Shaps
02-06-2017, 12:59 PM
You have to pass it first, before you can see what's in it.

rolfard
02-06-2017, 01:35 PM
If you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare!

Neveragain
02-06-2017, 02:08 PM

Obama's plan would have been acceptable if we weren't forced to buy it. That's the biggest issue for those who don't support it.

Whirlin
02-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Obama's plan would have been acceptable if we weren't forced to buy it. That's the biggest issue for those who don't support it.
That would defeat the purpose though... Health care tends to be substantially cheaper if you're proactive and preventative. However, if you enable open enrollment on a rotating basis, people would only commit to membership upon observing a need.

"I don't need Health Care"
"You have Cancer"
"Now I need Health Care"
-Chemo for 500000000 billion dollars-
"No More Cancer"
"Ok, now I can get off Health Insurance"

Back
02-06-2017, 02:15 PM
We are "forced" to buy car insurance.

Wrathbringer
02-06-2017, 02:46 PM

I'm not. Why are you?

Neveragain
02-06-2017, 03:35 PM

Are you forced to buy a car too?

Here we go. "Everybody has a right to a car"

Neveragain
02-06-2017, 03:38 PM
That would defeat the purpose though... Health care tends to be substantially cheaper if you're proactive and preventative. However, if you enable open enrollment on a rotating basis, people would only commit to membership upon observing a need.

"I don't need Health Care"
"You have Cancer"
"Now I need Health Care"
-Chemo for 500000000 billion dollars-
"No More Cancer"
"Ok, now I can get off Health Insurance"

Of course it won't work if we don't force everyone into it.

Whirlin
02-06-2017, 03:58 PM
I'm not. Why are you?
Varies state to state. MA requires it, RI does not.

Taernath
02-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Varies state to state. MA requires it, RI does not.

Wrathbringer's thing is that he supposedly refuses to pay taxes or buy insurance.

Candor
02-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Wrathbringer's thing is that he supposedly refuses to pay taxes or buy insurance.

I've had Wrathbringer on ignore for awhile now. Except for his reps and when people quote him, I have not seen any of his posts. Did he actually state he refuses to pay taxes?

adverbious
02-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Are you forced to buy a car too?

Here we go. "Everybody has a right to a car"

Eh, if you live in certain parts of the US, you pretty much are forced to buy a car if you want to actually get anywhere.

Wrathbringer
02-06-2017, 04:23 PM

Like a true patriot, I practice civil disobedience at every opportunity. Especially when it saves me money.

Taernath
02-06-2017, 04:24 PM
I've had Wrathbringer on ignore for awhile now. Except for his reps and when people quote him, I have not seen any of his posts. Did he actually state he refuses to pay taxes?

A few times, yeah. If there's an element of truth in there, it's probably that he lives in a state that doesn't require insurance, and doesn't make enough to pay taxes.

Wrathbringer
02-06-2017, 04:27 PM
I'm pretty retarded.

Yep.

zennsunni
02-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Man this thread is confusing, there must be like 3 or 4 posters I've ignored over the last few years commenting. It's great! Such mystery!

Neveragain
02-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Eh, if you live in certain parts of the US, you pretty much are forced to buy a car if you want to actually get anywhere.

No you're not.

ClydeR
10-16-2017, 04:16 PM
In an amazing press appearance today, Trump confirmed that his actions last week moved us past the era of Obamacare. It's Trumpcare from now on.

"It's gone. You shouldn't even mention it. It's gone. There is no such thing as Obamacare anymore."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrMsEdYNIhs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrMsEdYNIhs