PDA

View Full Version : War on Christmas Nearly Over

ClydeR
12-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Enjoy your last Godless Christmas.

"You can say again Merry Christmas because Donald Trump is now the president. You can say it again. It's OK to say," Lewandowski, Trump's former campaign manager, said on Fox News' "Hannity." "It's not a pejorative word anymore."

More... (http://thehill.com/homenews/news/309154-lewandowski-we-can-say-merry-christmas-again-under-trump)

Trump repeatedly promised in the campaign that during his administration retail employees would be required to say Merry Christmas. He almost started a boycott of Starbucks last year when their Christmas cups weren't very festive.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump weighed in on the day's controversy on Monday, floating the prospect of boycotting Starbucks after the coffee giant announced it would abandon its Christmas-themed cups.

"I have one of the most successful Starbucks, in Trump Tower. Maybe we should boycott Starbucks? I don't know. Seriously, I don't care. That's the end of that lease, but who cares?" Trump told a crowd in Springfield, Illinois, on Monday. "If I become president, we're all going to be saying Merry Christmas again, that I can tell you. That I can tell you."

More... (http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/09/politics/donald-trump-starbucks-boycott-christmas/)

He may not be able to pass a law requiring retail employees to say Merry Christmas, but he can certainly use the power of social pressure to achieve the same result.

I'm sure you recall (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2015/11/30/after-33-years-christmas-in-washington-has-been-be-canceled) with great sadness that Obama tried to cancel Christmas last year.

The war on Christmas is nearly over. The war on Anti-Christmas has begun.

Taernath
12-07-2016, 02:16 PM
The war on Anti-Christmas has begun.

I prefer the "Christmas Counter-Offensive"

ClydeR
12-07-2016, 02:22 PM
I prefer the "Christmas Counter-Offensive"

I like that better too! That's what we will call it from now on.

time4fun
12-07-2016, 02:35 PM
Enjoy your last Godless Christmas.

Trump repeatedly promised in the campaign that during his administration retail employees would be required to say Merry Christmas. He almost started a boycott of Starbucks last year when their Christmas cups weren't very festive.

He may not be able to pass a law requiring retail employees to say Merry Christmas, but he can certainly use the power of social pressure to achieve the same result.

I'm sure you recall (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2015/11/30/after-33-years-christmas-in-washington-has-been-be-canceled) with great sadness that Obama tried to cancel Christmas last year.

The war on Christmas is nearly over. The war on Anti-Christmas has begun.

So...you want him to use his position to violate the 1st Amendment because you hate being reminded that there are multiple holidays that happen in December?

Destrier
12-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Simple concept. Individual liberties apply to all.

So, go to your safe spaces if you need to, so you can avoid the 1st amendment expressions of others.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-07-2016, 02:58 PM
http://files.umwblogs.org/toleranceandintolerance.umwblogs.org/files/2015/11/02154551/war-on-christmas-john-stewart.jpg

ClydeR
12-07-2016, 03:06 PM
So...you want him to use his position to violate the 1st Amendment because you hate being reminded that there are multiple holidays that happen in December?

You're focused on one little thing. Donald Trump is committed to upholding the entirety of the Constitution, exactly as the Founders intended, including Article XII. There's nothing in the Constitution that says a private employer cannot require its employees to greet customers in whatever way the employer wants. When Trump is through with them, employers will want that greeting to include "Christmas."

Tisket
12-07-2016, 03:08 PM

What the fuck...there is still someone who believes ClydeR's posting persona is real?

Boggles the mind.

Tisket
12-07-2016, 03:09 PM
The only thing to remember about Clyde is that he posts opposite of his actual beliefs. It's his PC schtick.

Neveragain
12-07-2016, 03:28 PM

And one of those is Christmas, Merry Christmas.

Jeril
12-07-2016, 03:35 PM

LOL. I don't think many people care that there are multiple holidays that happen in December. The annoying part is when people get offended by a holiday greeting that isn't their own. Why not grow up, or at least learn not to be such a prick, and return the sentiment behind it and reply with Merry Christmas or your own holiday greeting?

Neveragain
12-07-2016, 03:48 PM
LOL. I don't think many people care that there are multiple holidays that happen in December. The annoying part is when people get offended by a holiday greeting that isn't their own. Why not grow up, or at least learn not to be such a prick, and return the sentiment behind it and reply with Merry Christmas or your own holiday greeting?

You should see what happens when someone tells me Happy Hanukkah, I totally lose my shit and reply back with Happy Hanukkah then proceed to smash their dreidel.

Neveragain
12-07-2016, 04:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFJ7ie_yGU

Shaps
12-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Ahhh Christmas.. the only time you can get as many Ho's as you want and it's not illegal.

Tgo01
12-07-2016, 04:32 PM

That's a hilarious take on this issue. People lose their minds over hearing "Merry Christmas" around this time of year and people lose their minds over these people losing their minds, and your takeaway from this is the second group of people losing their minds don't want to be reminded there are multiple holidays in December?

RichardCranium
12-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Y'all motherfuckers need Jesus.

Neveragain
12-07-2016, 06:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPrbccEdI5o

drauz
12-07-2016, 07:34 PM
And one of those is Christmas, Merry Christmas.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7a/3b/7c/7a3b7ccb06a46380f8e85efd8687c696.jpg

Neveragain
12-07-2016, 08:10 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7a/3b/7c/7a3b7ccb06a46380f8e85efd8687c696.jpg

Makes about the same amount of sense as an Atheist celebrating Christmas with their family.

drauz
12-07-2016, 08:28 PM
Makes about the same amount of sense as an Atheist celebrating Christmas with their family.

Its almost like we can respect other people's decisions, crazy huh.

Tisket
12-07-2016, 08:33 PM
I love Jim Gaffigan.

Neveragain
12-07-2016, 09:58 PM
Its almost like we can respect other people's decisions, crazy huh.

Stop trying to impose your religious beliefs on everyone else.~ Drauz

Is this what you say to your friends and family during Christmas while respecting their decisions ?

Gelston
12-07-2016, 10:03 PM
What the fuck...there is still someone who believes ClydeR's posting persona is real?

Boggles the mind.

She isn't a very intelligent person.

drauz
12-07-2016, 10:05 PM
Is this what you say to your friends and family during Christmas while respecting their decisions ?

Do you understand what impose means?

Gelston
12-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Happy Kwanzaa all!

drauz
12-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Happy Kwanzaa all!

http://i.imgur.com/xro2kIT.png

Androidpk
12-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Pfft, we only celebrate Consumerism in this country.

Gelston
12-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Pfft, we only celebrate Consumerism in this country.

I haven't bought shit for the last 10 Christmases pal.

Neveragain
12-07-2016, 11:53 PM
Do you understand what impose means?

Impose would mean forcing it on people, you literally can just not read it. You seem to get really butt hurt at the very mention of a God. I mean I don't understand why it bothers you if you don't believe in a creator or god, it should bother you little. You don't see me saying, stop trying to impose your anti-god beliefs on everyone else.

drauz
12-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Impose would mean forcing it on people, you literally can just not read it. You seem to get really butt hurt at the very mention of a God. I mean I don't understand why it bothers you if you don't believe in a creator or god, it should bother you little. You don't see me saying, stop trying to impose your anti-god beliefs on everyone else.

Cause we were talking about something that is generally based in a god belief. The difference is that I am not forced to attend Christmas functions. Its not compulsory. I have no problem with you saying I don't believe in X and I won't partake because of my religion. I have a problem with I don't believe in X, so you must also go along with my belief. That is the difference.

My family knows I don't believe in their god, they are respectful because I am respectful back. We simply don't talk about abortions and such during family celebrations. So there is no problem.

If that is what passes for conversation at your Christmas dinners then count me glad to not be apart of your family.

Warriorbird
12-08-2016, 12:00 AM
I think if a social justice warrior of either flavor gets upset they've missed the meaning of the holidays in general. Dumb nonsense like this is why I don't spend much time on social media though.

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 12:11 AM
Cause we were talking about something that is generally based in a god belief. The difference is that I am not forced to attend Christmas functions. Its not compulsory. I have no problem with you saying I don't believe in X and I won't partake because of my religion. I have a problem with I don't believe in X, so you must also go along with my belief. That is the difference.

My family knows I don't believe in their god, they are respectful because I am respectful back. We simply don't talk about abortions and such during family celebrations. So there is no problem.

If that is what passes for conversation at your Christmas dinners then count me glad to not be apart of your family.

Why do you think that everyone that is pro-life is a bible thumper ?

Now you assume we just sit around and talk about abortions on Christmas?

My stance on abortion has very little to do with my religion, I'm sorry you carry this delusion.

Dude, Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ. It's just as silly for you to celebrate something you don't believe in as it is for Christians to decorate trees. It's not like we kneel before the tree and pray for pine cones.

Warriorbird
12-08-2016, 12:17 AM

My stance on abortion has very little to do with my religion, I'm sorry you carry this delusion.

Behave fanatically and people make assumptions.

drauz
12-08-2016, 12:25 AM

Do you see the word generally?? Do you understand what the word means? It would seem not.

Well you seem to think I can't go to a Christmas dinner with family, because you and I had a discussion about abortion, without me being disrespectful. I haven't really pushed the fact that I'm an atheist except when we've talked about abortion. I doubt there is another time you can say I have brought it up.

Your religion just happens to match your beliefs. Ok. :whocares:

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 12:48 AM
Behave fanatically and people make assumptions.

I have behaved fanatically? Examples?

Gelston
12-08-2016, 12:51 AM
I have behaved fanatically? Examples?

Your entire post history.

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 12:56 AM
Do you see the word generally?? Do you understand what the word means? It would seem not.

Well you seem to think I can't go to a Christmas dinner with family, because you and I had a discussion about abortion, without me being disrespectful. I haven't really pushed the fact that I'm an atheist except when we've talked about abortion. I doubt there is another time you can say I have brought it up.

Your religion just happens to match your beliefs. Ok. :whocares:

No Drauz, I'm saying it's just as silly for you to celebrate Christmas as an atheist as it is to decorate trees as a practice.

You feel disrespect because I use the term pro-death? Is that it? I'm not being disrespectful, I'm labeling for what it is. The fact is, we no for sure it's dead after the child has been killed. Your an Atheist, does this bother you, do you need me to use another pronoun so you feel better?

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 12:58 AM
Your entire post history.

Any examples will work.

Gelston
12-08-2016, 01:08 AM
Any examples will work.

All 262 posts you've made up to date.

drauz
12-08-2016, 01:10 AM
No Drauz, I'm saying it's just as silly for you to celebrate Christmas as an atheist as it is to decorate trees as a practice.

You feel disrespect because I use the term pro-death? Is that it? I'm not being disrespectful, I'm labeling for what it is. The fact is, we no for sure it's dead after the child has been killed. Your an Atheist, does this bother you, do you need me to use another pronoun so you feel better?

I don't "celebrate" Christmas. I don't celebrate the birth of your lord. I am capable of enjoying time with my family regardless of what the cause or reason behind it is though. I even buy presents for them because it is their custom. I don't have to but I do anyways to be respectful. I can accommodate things like that, but me respecting that aspect doesn't mean I have to respect every aspect of their religion should they try to impose it on me.

drauz
12-08-2016, 01:13 AM
Any examples will work.

My favorite so far.

Blacks have hands and feet too, it doesn't mean slavery should be illegal.

Taernath
12-08-2016, 01:15 AM
Any examples will work.

This one isn't too X-TREME for you, but it's pretty fucking hilarious:

I have recently come across a the group MGTOW while doing the random Youtube thing. After watching a few videos they have posted over there, I have to admit, I agree with most everything in these videos, even videos posted by several women.

I am sure I will get the, "YOU HATE WOMEN....etc..etc..etc." No you stupid cunt I don't hate women, I love women for who and what they are, but I sure the fuck am not going to pretend for your fragile broken ass that you are anything more than what you are, a woman. Seriously though, what have women accomplished on their own? FFS, it took a man to tell you to shut the fuck up about your cramps and shove a cotton ball in your crotch (Earle Haas). What were you doing otherwise? Probably sitting there bleeding down your leg, crying and bitching until a guy said, stfu and shove some soft papyrus in it. (most likely meaning your mouth, not like your teaspoon of blood was distracting him from fending off that saber tooth tiger which was sniffing out your cycle.)

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 01:15 AM
All 262 posts you've made up to date.

We used to regularly party in an apartment that Woody shacked up in at one point. Kind of sad that the building was demolished in the 90's when that neighborhood went under a renovation project

That screams fire and brimstone.

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 01:16 AM
This one isn't too X-TREME for you, but it's pretty fucking hilarious:

It is pretty funny, isn't it.

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 01:22 AM
My favorite so far.

No chance that I was being facetious at all.

Gelston
12-08-2016, 01:29 AM
Oh. Hey folks, it is okay. He wasn't serious on the majority of the posts he has made.

drauz
12-08-2016, 01:30 AM
No chance that I was being facetious at all.

It wouldn't surprise me if you weren't. I doubt it would surprise anyone here.

Taernath
12-08-2016, 01:33 AM
It is pretty funny, isn't it.

I know you're just dodging at this point, but:

This has already been covered, not enough people have the stomach for it. They would rather throw their arms up and bitch every time there's another terrorist attack.

Stack the bodies high and wide so they can't find the eastern horizon to pray to. It's the only thing that culture understands, it's why Saddam Hussein was able to keep things in check. Peace through violence.

Gelston
12-08-2016, 01:36 AM
I know you're just dodging at this point, but:

Oh is that him? I thought a lot of his BS sounded familiar. Yeah, he is a fucking loon.

Taernath
12-08-2016, 01:39 AM
Oh is that him? I thought a lot of his BS sounded familiar. Yeah, he is a fucking loon.

He pulled a Rocktar.

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 01:40 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if you weren't. I doubt it would surprise anyone here.

Leave it to Drauz to totally leave out the context. You know like the reply right after where I said "Of course slavery is bad." Hint, this is where I point out I was being facetious.

Oh. Hey folks, it is okay. He wasn't serious on the majority of the posts he has made.

I.E. He said mean things and I get butt hurt about it. He is a terrible person because he thinks killing children is bad. I can live with this.

drauz
12-08-2016, 01:41 AM

I called him out by like his 5th post.

You sounds like GS4Pirate.

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 01:43 AM
This has already been covered, not enough people have the stomach for it. They would rather throw their arms up and bitch every time there's another terrorist attack.

Stack the bodies high and wide so they can't find the eastern horizon to pray to. It's the only thing that culture understands, it's why Saddam Hussein was able to keep things in check. Peace through violence.

Oh, I totally stick to my guns on that.

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 01:44 AM
I called him out by like his 5th post.

Mind Blowing.

drauz
12-08-2016, 01:46 AM
Mind Blowing.

inorite.

I was even more awesome than I thought, it was only the third post!

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 01:53 AM
inorite.

I would almost be impressed had I not been spot on about a Trump win months and months ago, I was called crazy then as well.

drauz
12-08-2016, 02:00 AM
I would almost be impressed had I not been spot on about a Trump win months and months ago, I was called crazy then as well.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 02:06 AM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Broken is thinking Bernie Sanders stood a chance in hell.

drauz
12-08-2016, 02:16 AM
Broken is thinking Bernie Sanders stood a chance in hell.

Ok

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 02:49 AM
Rep:
No one likes you, go back under your rock.

:tissue:

Parkbandit
12-08-2016, 07:50 AM

You believe that decorating a pine tree has Christian roots?

Gelston
12-08-2016, 07:55 AM
You believe that decorating a pine tree has Christian roots?

I believe calling it a Christmas Tree has Christian roots!

Androidpk
12-08-2016, 08:05 AM
inorite.

Yeah, it was painfully obvious. Dude is a lunatic. Cries about terrorists, wants to kill them all, doesn't have the balls to join the fight himself. Wants others to kill for him. Oh, and the wanting to indiscriminately nuke countries.

Methais
12-08-2016, 08:28 AM

https://i.imgflip.com/cuuzb.jpg

Neveragain
12-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Yeah, it was painfully obvious. Dude is a lunatic. Cries about terrorists, wants to kill them all, doesn't have the balls to join the fight himself. Wants others to kill for him. Oh, and the wanting to indiscriminately nuke countries.

I always enjoy when you place your judgment on other people here. Your the guy who shacks up with women, takes advantage of them, breaks into peoples accounts and steals their items. That screams manhood.

I must assume since you say i'm "crying about terrorist" it must make you happy whenever we are hit with another attack and you don't want to kill them. Everyone that supports the war on terrorism must go fight on the battlefield. Dude you're literally a fucking moron.

ClydeR
12-08-2016, 10:35 AM
The only thing to remember about Clyde is that he posts opposite of his actual beliefs. It's his PC schtick.

In the spirit of the season, I am going to overlook your negativity this time.

Jeril
12-08-2016, 12:15 PM
In the spirit of the season, I am going to overlook your negativity this time.

I bet the bigger of a cunt Tisket is the more love notes you send her.

ClydeR
10-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Will Trump see his Christmas campaign promises fulfilled in his first Christmas in office, or will it take all eight years to force every retail employee to say, "Merry Christmas"?

President Trump reignited the "war on Christmas” on Friday, telling a crowd of supporters that "we're saying merry Christmas again" now that he's president.

Speaking to a packed crowd at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C., Trump argued political correctness has gotten in the way of celebrating the holiday.

“We’re getting near that beautiful Christmas season that people don’t talk about anymore. They don’t use the word Christmas because it’s not politically correct," he said to strong applause and cheers from the audience at the Christian public policy conference, sponsored by the Family Research Council.

“You go to department stores and they’ll say 'Happy New Year,' or they’ll say other things and it’ll be red, they’ll have it painted. But they don’t say — well guess what? We’re saying merry Christmas again.”

More... (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/355303-trump-were-saying-merry-christmas-again)

Gelston
10-13-2017, 01:08 PM
If there is a war on Christmas, Christmas is winning. It has conquered Thanksgiving and is overrunning the Halloween perimeter.

Taernath
10-13-2017, 01:13 PM
The 3rd Atheist Brigade has already been called up and a few more are getting activated this week, see you all on the front lines.

Gelston
10-13-2017, 01:18 PM
The 3rd Atheist Brigade has already been called up and a few more are getting activated this week, see you all on the front lines.

The 3rd Atheist Brigade is busy decided on what hipster jeans they are going to wear and whether or not to get pumpkin spiced or mint creme lattes from Starbucks. They will be heavily delayed.

Orthin
10-13-2017, 01:23 PM
The 3rd Atheist Brigade is busy decided on what hipster jeans they are going to wear and whether or not to get pumpkin spiced or mint creme lattes from Starbucks. They will be heavily delayed.

Don't forget we need to agree on what flavors to vape, Easter was a debacle

Taernath
10-13-2017, 01:29 PM

We got rid of the Hipster Penal Battalions a while ago, now we're mostly Chairborne.

Gelston
10-13-2017, 01:30 PM
We got rid of the Hipster Penal Battalions a while ago, now we're mostly Chairborne.

There are also "Jesus Saves" posts planted all over FB you have to go say "There is no God!" to.