Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get off Alfred's harassment list?

Since I can't really learn anything in the landing anymore its not really an issue. I just wasn't sure what the trigger was. I'll take your advise Tenlaar and see if I can catch him on shattered sometime.

2. Default

Alfred does the warn harassment after you reject his request to locate you on lnet. Also, the locate spell doesn't work in the bowels.

He will also do the warn harassment if your group is closed. So, whatever is a couple lines before the warn harassment is the reason he couldn't rescue you.
    Last edited by Tillmen; 05-27-2014 at 04:18 AM.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

3. Default

I don't understand how those actions are harassment in any way. Even by Prime standards.

4. Default

Pretty simple reasoning, actually. His script likely filters.

* Bob just bit the dust!

AlfredSaveScript1.0

Alfred runs to save Bob.

Bob has rejected your request for location.

AlfredSaveScript Warn Harasses to stop trying to save Bob because of an inability to locate.

* Dave just bit the dust!

Alfred runs to save Dave.

Dave's group is closed.

AlfredSaveScript Warn Harasses Dave due to Group Closure.

*Bob just bit the dust!
    *Dave just bit the dust!

AlfredSaveScript1.0 checks it's Harass filter. For any various reason that he is unable to save them, it is saved in the Warn Harass filter. Because they're warned, he doesn't waste either of their time trying to save them fruitlessly.

Frankly, it's rather simple and direct.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    I don't understand how those actions are harassment in any way. Even by Prime standards.
    Those actions cause Alfred significant mental distress. Taunting him with your deaths and then not allowing him to rescue you. It's unconscionable. He has but one purpose in the world, and you take that away from him! You monsters!

Also, the warn harassment verb has almost no meaning in Prime, and even less meaning in Shattered. Someone used to have a script that every so often did a "who full", picked a name at random, and did a warn interact or warn harass. I think it was Glitch.

When Alfred uses warn harassment, it's not associated with any list. He will try to rescue you again next time you die, or if you chat "rescue" to him. There's only two lists that will stop him from even attempting to rescue. One is an option set by whispering to him. The other you get added to if you attack him.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

6. Default

I say never save Candor. He'll just tattle on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post

Also, the warn harassment verb has almost no meaning in Prime, and even less meaning in Shattered.
    I've had the warn harass text highlighted black for a decade so I don't even see it. I'm still kicking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    Alfred does the warn harassment after you reject his request to locate you on lnet. Also, the locate spell doesn't work in the bowels.

He will also do the warn harassment if your group is closed. So, whatever is a couple lines before the warn harassment is the reason he couldn't rescue you.
    Thanks Tillmen. I'll be sure to pay attention to it the next time I die.
    Last edited by Dagre; 05-27-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagre View Post
    Interesting reputation system. A single post and I'm at -7615 points. I'm guessing not to many people pay attention to that due to the various asshats on these boards.

Anyway, anyone have anything constructive to add?
    Nah. Most folks here are obvious asshats There are a rare few folks who aren't complete asshats, but for the most part, this is asshat central.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JackWhisper View Post
    I say never save Candor. He'll just tattle on you.
    And when was the last time you think Candor asked for a rescue?