Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

You could always trace bitcoin. every single fucking transaction is included in the blockchain, thats... exactly what block chain is. A public ledger. Everywhere that little bitcoin has gone. Once you know who has the address it went to you can see every dealing they ever had.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    You could always trace bitcoin. every single fucking transaction is included in the blockchain, thats... exactly what block chain is. A public ledger. Everywhere that little bitcoin has gone. Once you know who has the address it went to you can see every dealing they ever had.
    Then... What is the point of Bitcoin?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Then... What is the point of Bitcoin?
    to make money from?

thats the beauty of it, there is no point! (except to make money)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    to make money from?
    Why did it come into existence? Why did people use it as a currency? I always thought the point of cryptocurrency is that it was untraceable.

6. Default

Why did it come into existence? Why did people use it as a currency? I always thought the point of cryptocurrency is that it was untraceable.
    It can be untraceable with the right opsec but it looks like this lady was throwing up red flags all over the place.

you have to never link yourself to an address. Any other transfering of coins can be traced with patience and time. Thats why coins like XMR are going to go up in value, at least in the short term. Not being linked to an address is a lot harder then it sounds.

https://www.bitcoin.com/guides/bitco...beginner-guide

Check this out. It has some explanation for what issues the inventor was solving by creating bitcoin.

If you had bitcoin on august 1st you got some bitcoin Cash. If you didnt sell it, its now on coinbase and going UP UP UP UP UP UP!

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    It can be untraceable with the right opsec but it looks like this lady was throwing up red flags all over the place.
    Pretty hard to convert BTC to fiat currency without attaching your identity to the transaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!